PDA

View Full Version : 2006 I-AA Composite Schedule

GeauxColonels
August 6th, 2006, 05:29 PM
So someone was sending a 2006 I-A composite schedule around the office and I thought to myself, "Hell, all the guys at AGS would love one for I-AA."

So I took it upon myself to create a composite schedule for ALL I-AA teams sorted by conference. The schedules are done in Microsoft Excel and are set-up to print 1 conference to a page. Now I know that some of the helmets that show up on the schedule are out-dated, but it's the latest helmet that has been drawn up.

Also, the information I used for the schedules is taken directly from the respective conference web sites and double-checked through each school's official athletic page. In the event that the conference information and the school information was not the same, I went with the school's website (and checked it on the opponent's website for confirmation).

Download the File Here (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr1/index.html)

If there are any mistakes that you catch that I made, please feel free to send me a PM to point it out so I can make the necessary adjustments to the schedule(s). Any way, It took me the better part of a week to make sure everything was how it needed to be, so I hope you enjoy it.

Print them out, post them in your office, or hand them out to friends to drum up excitement for the upcoming season!!!

Oh yeah, and be patient, it's a pretty large file.

GOKATS
August 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Sounds great, but I can't open it.

GeauxColonels
August 6th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Try now. I just uploaded the file to the site.

Anyone who looks at this and tries to view or download the file, PLEASE let me know if it works for you.

Oh yeah, and it will only work if you have Microsoft Excel.

Umass74
August 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
That's very cool.:hurray:

Are you going to keep the link up? If so, I'll add a Permanent link to it on my UMass blog.

GeauxColonels
August 6th, 2006, 06:26 PM
That's very cool.:hurray:

Are you going to keep the link up? If so, I'll add a Permanent link to it on my UMass blog.
The link will be up all season. Also, if someone sends me information about a mistake I might have made, I will correct the error and post a corrected version too.

TxSt02
August 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
great job dude!

Retro
August 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Great job man! It even prints out good. I wonder how large we could make this and get it printed out professionally on some hangable paper?

GeauxColonels
August 6th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks guys. I knew everyone on here would appreciate it and use it. I like that I can see what ever school is my conference is doing each week.

Oh, by the way....just whipped up a little webpage so it's more than just a link on a blank page.

RabidRabbit
August 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Great Work Geaux!

Would enjoy getting to Nichols for the game, but if I do, it's because a hurricane proceeded me to the area. So trust me, don't think I'll make it.

MarkCCU
August 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Great job....pretty cool

wsufan
August 6th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Nice job, I was looking for a composite schedule for I-AA.

August 7th, 2006, 04:27 AM
head's up because schedules are still changing! :nod:

Umass74
August 7th, 2006, 07:17 AM
OK, I've added a link to it in the "Other sites of interest" on my UMass Blog (http://umass74.blogspot.com/) .

GeauxColonels
August 7th, 2006, 11:09 AM
head's up because schedules are still changing! :nod:
Yes I noticed that. That's why I doubled-checked the conference websites against the individual teams' websites. A good portion of the conference information is out-dated.

Also, I included UCA, Austin Peay, and Winston-Salem St. with the conferences they will be joining in the upcoming seasons.

GOKATS
August 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Kudos on a job well done! Thanks.

LeopardFan04
August 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Nice job...looks great!

August 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM
yes, nice one.

GeauxColonels
August 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks everyone! It's truely the LEAST I could do since you all have taught me so much about I-AA in other parts of the country. I think we can all agree on how great it is to have a group of people as passionate as you are about I-AA football!!!

Down with the Foe!
August 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Nooooooooooooiiiiiiccceeee!!!!

http://www.spilsbury.com/wcsstore/Spilsbury/images/products/items/21358.jpg

GeauxColonels
August 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
bump :D

GeauxColonels
August 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I have updated the site that hosts the I-AA composite schedule that I created. The original file is in Microsoft Excel format with all the images in color. I understand that not everyone has Excel on their computers so I decided to upload a black-and-white PDF file containing all the schedules as well.

CLICK HERE (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr1/index.html) for the site.

Anovafan
August 10th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Very cool, great job, and great looking excel spreadsheet. Was the intent to cover only conf. games? The A-10 section is missing some games.

GeauxColonels
August 10th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Very cool, great job, and great looking excel spreadsheet. Was the intent to cover only conf. games? The A-10 section is missing some games.
No, the intent is to cover all games. If I have some missing, please let me know. I'll investigate through the proper resources and make any adjustments I deem necessary. I want it to be as accurate as possible!

DetroitFlyer
August 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
On the PFL tab, you have the Patroit League Champion playing the NEC Champion in the Gridiron Classic. Of course it should be the Pioneer League Champion. I did not check the NEC site to see if it waas correct. Great job, by the way, way cool to have all of the helmuts, even for the Division III team on Dayton's schedule!!

GeauxColonels
August 10th, 2006, 04:46 PM
On the PFL tab, you have the Patroit League Champion playing the NEC Champion in the Gridiron Classic. Of course it should be the Pioneer League Champion. I did not check the NEC site to see if it waas correct. Great job, by the way, way cool to have all of the helmuts, even for the Division III team on Dayton's schedule!!
I strive for perfection.

GeauxColonels
August 10th, 2006, 05:04 PM
OK, problem solved...thanls for the tip. After looking at it for so long, you can easily overlook mistakes.

CLICK HERE (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr1/index.html) for the site to download the most recent version of the schedule!:hurray:

And PLEASE keep the comments coming.

rokamortis
August 10th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I know I'm late to the party but that schedule is awesome. Thanks for doing this.

MO-State JK
August 10th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Very cool to get this schedule. I just got the I-A (or Bowl Subdivision) schedule last week and was frustrated to see some of the "no picture available" on some of the dates.

Thanks!

GeauxColonels
August 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Very cool to get this schedule. I just got the I-A (or Bowl Subdivision) schedule last week and was frustrated to see some of the "no picture available" on some of the dates.

Thanks!
Really?! I have a I-A schedule too, it has all the helmets in that. But the Missouri State helmet is actually a small photo as the site has not yet updated the MSU helmet image.

MO-State JK
August 11th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Really?! I have a I-A schedule too, it has all the helmets in that. But the Missouri State helmet is actually a small photo as the site has not yet updated the MSU helmet image.

On mine, Louisiana- Monroe, Rice, and Alcorn State have white helmets with question marks on the side of them.

As for the Missouri State helmet, I couldn't find an updated one, either. The helmets they have now are pathetic- maroon helmet, white facemask and white "Missouri State" on it. I designed the one I use because that's what I wish it would look like. A variation in color of the Mississippi State helmet.

GeauxColonels
August 13th, 2006, 08:34 PM
On mine, Louisiana- Monroe, Rice, and Alcorn State have white helmets with question marks on the side of them.

As for the Missouri State helmet, I couldn't find an updated one, either. The helmets they have now are pathetic- maroon helmet, white facemask and white "Missouri State" on it. I designed the one I use because that's what I wish it would look like. A variation in color of the Mississippi State helmet.
Ah yes, I remember that now. That's the one I have too. I just used the old helmets until the new helmets are updated on the site. When they are, I will go back through the schedule, update the images and repost it.

The reason why there is no new helmet yet for Missouri State is that the guy that does the website needs either a scan of the decal or the actual decal so he can correctly position th decal on the helmet image.

gophoenix
August 13th, 2006, 09:20 PM
You know USA Today runs one for I-AA every year too.

GeauxColonels
August 13th, 2006, 09:23 PM
You know USA Today runs one for I-AA every year too.
But USA Today bites...and I had a lot of fun doing this! :D

GeauxColonels
August 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Alright, I have UPDATED THE SCHEDULE (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr1/index.html) yet again to reflect a few date changes in the Southland Conference schedules to accomodate television. Also, I have posted a link to the Nicholls State University season ticket television advertisement.

PLEASE let me know if you are aware of any other schedule changes whether it be due to television or other circumstances. My goal is to have the schedule 100% accurate!

Thanks again!

treacherous
August 16th, 2006, 06:19 PM
My dad sent out a I-A composite schedule to our whole extended family...I, of course, responded with..."I don't see Texas State on here!"

Very kind of you to do this GeauxColonels...appreciate it!

GeauxColonels
August 17th, 2006, 09:03 AM
My dad sent out a I-A composite schedule to our whole extended family...I, of course, responded with..."I don't see Texas State on here!"

Very kind of you to do this GeauxColonels...appreciate it!
No problem, remember to tell all your friends about it! :hurray: :thumbsup:

GeauxColonels
August 19th, 2006, 12:08 AM
OK, I have updated the schedule again with the new helmets for Columbia in the Ivy League. Also, I updated the helmet for San Diego State on Cal Poly's (of the Great West Conference) schedule.

GeauxColonels
August 20th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Another update to the schedule has been made to incorporate Butler's new helmets.

CLICK HERE (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr1/index.html) for schedule.

GeauxColonels
August 22nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
ANOTHER UPDATE (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr1)

This time I have changed the helmets for Savannah State as well as updated their schedule and Hampton's schedule.

GeauxColonels
August 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM
YET ANOTHER UPDATE (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr1)

GeauxColonels
September 21st, 2006, 10:53 PM
LATEST & GREATEST UPDATE (http://members.cox.net/kpetitjr)

Keep your eyes opened for another update that will list the scores under each team and keep a running-total of each team's record (at least that's the goal)!!

LeopardFan04
September 21st, 2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks GC! You rock!

GeauxColonels
September 22nd, 2006, 12:44 AM
Thanks GC! You rock!
Thanks. I do try to rock! :hurray: :hurray: