PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Returns to Practice Field - 1st Time Since Rita

TexasTerror
August 6th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Nice to see more of life getting back to normal in a hurricane-ravaged part of the I-AA landscape. McNeese St is going to have a rough go this year with two I-A foes and the always tough SLC slate, but it'll be football as normal in Lake Charles...

Cowboys hold first workout on A. I. Ratcliff practice field since before Hurricane Rita

McNeese has set its first scrimmage for next Saturday

Aug. 5, 2006

McNeese State went through its first football practice of August camp on Saturday and it was also the first practice on the A. I. Ratcliff practice field since prior to Hurricane Rita.

"It was good to get back on the practice field," Cowboy head coach Tommy Tate said. "You know, it's in a lot better shape than I thought that it would be."

The practice fields had been taken over by the Army, FEMA and others shortly after Hurricane Rita had made landfall through Lake Charles. And, the Cowboys couldn't use the field even after they returned from a hiatus in Hammond last year.

They had to use the field at neighboring Forest K. White, a middle school.

As for Saturday morning's first workout, Tate said that it was a "good first practice. It was a typical first practice. There is a lot of installation going on."

Athletic trainer Jim Murphy said that all of the Cowboys got through physical exams okay.

The Cowboys will come back with a Sunday morning workout and won't be in full pads until Wednesday morning. Their first scrimmage is scheduled for Saturday, August 12 and media day will be Sunday, August 13 at 5 p.m in Cowboy Stadium.

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080506aac.html