PDA

View Full Version : MEAC At-Large?

URMite
October 27th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Are there any MEAC teams that theoretically can get an At-Large? Howard is 5-2 and plays GSU, could they technically go 9-2 and not get the AQ?

Trying to see if there are any teams outside of most Top 40s that are long shots for an At-Large...

tingly
October 27th, 2012, 01:04 PM
It'll just be the AQ for MEAC. Howard is 4-2 as far as the committee is concerned, the NC A&T loss was horrible, and they have no chance against GSU.

URMite
October 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM
It'll just be the AQ for MEAC. Howard is 4-2 as far as the committee is concerned, the NC A&T loss was horrible, and they have no chance against GSU.

That's why I said technically. Can Howard win the rest of their MEAC schedule and not get the AQ?

URMite
October 27th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I'm trying to do an At-Large watch including all possible teams. I'd like to just look at the top 40 as both candidates and quality wins but this week Drake is in the AGS top 40 and Eastern Illinois is not and that doesn't seem right. It also appears the NEC & MEAC are the only conferences that can have 8 Div I wins and not be in the top 40.

ITmonarch10
October 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Howard will probably get to the playoffs if they can knock off GSU.

danefan
October 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm trying to do an At-Large watch including all possible teams. I'd like to just look at the top 40 as both candidates and quality wins but this week Drake is in the AGS top 40 and Eastern Illinois is not and that doesn't seem right. It also appears the NEC & MEAC are the only conferences that can have 8 Div I wins and not be in the top 40.

The NEC could have two teams with 8+ wins and not an win the AQ. Neither will get an at-large though.

URMite
October 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM
The NEC could have two teams with 8+ wins and not an win the AQ. Neither will get an at-large though.

Looking at the Howard and Duquesne in game scores maybe I shouldn't complete the first round of this project until tomorrow. I know many people don't respect the GPI, but maybe top 40 GPI plus other teams that could get to 8 div I wins would make a good list? Was looking at top 45 this week to capture Delaware who seemed a legitimate at-large at the beginning of the day.

WileECoyote06
October 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Howard will probably get to the playoffs if they can knock off GSU.

If they have seven D1 wins and a win over GSU they're in.

Howard is currently down to SCSU 27 - 10 in Orangeburg; so this may not be a problem. However, the NCCU-BCU game looms large. Especially for DSU who is cheering the Eagles on.

R.A.
October 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I doubt we defeat Georgia Southern now. We just lost 41-23 versus SC State. We have two losses in the MEAC.

We might beat Hampton and Delaware State, but I don't see us defeating Georgia Southern at this point.

Even if we do defeat Georgia Southern, (which it doesn't look like we will at this point) we would have two MEAC losses and only 7 FCS wins.

That's a tough resume to defend for the playoffs.