PDA

View Full Version : Conference Realignment - Lamar to SBC?

jdcurran235
October 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/oct/04/west-linebacker-zach-stuart-commits-to-lamar/

Player claims Lamar will be in sunbelt next year

Twentysix
October 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I thought they were a WAC team?

Did the sunbelt do an under the table bailout?

jdcurran235
October 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Lamar was not able to get enough votes from the current WAC members to get in.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Lol, I thought they were on their way to being FBS. I guess Lamar gets the last laugh then, as the WAC is doneskis anyway.

jdcurran235
October 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I don't think anything is confirmed. It is just one kid saying this right now. SBC and Lamar deny anything at this point.

jdcurran235
October 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Has anyone heard anything new about this

ITmonarch10
October 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Why Lamar of all schools? It doesn't have the Large student population or metro surrounding it that has become required now by TV contractors to move up. I thinking someone lied XD

KATS_21
October 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Why Lamar of all schools? It doesn't have the Large student population or metro surrounding it that has become required now by TV contractors to move up. I thinking someone lied XD

Or a winning program. They are a joke.

TheRevSFA
October 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I think this is the first time most of AGS has heard of Lamar

dgtw
October 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I've seen that article on about four different message boards. I'm not saying the coach outright lied to the kid, but he may have strongly hinted they might join the SBC and the kid ran with it.

I am a bit surprised the SBC hasn't come out and denied the story. I'm not saying you should confront every interet rumor, but this actually was in a real newspaper, or at least a real paper's website.

taper
October 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'll go easy on them. This is only their 3rd season after a 20 year hiatus.

walliver
October 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM

Are they any different than Georgia State in that regard. (And they have more wins than future C-USA member UNCC).

If this is true, what would this mean to the supposed ASU/GSU deal ( the SBC wouldn't take 3 teams would they?)

TheRevSFA
October 30th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Are they any different than Georgia State in that regard. (And they have more wins than future C-USA member UNCC).

If this is true, what would this mean to the supposed ASU/GSU deal ( the SBC wouldn't take 3 teams would they?)

Lamar this year has beat a few D2 teams and Prairie View A&M.

I think last year they beat SELA and Nicholls both (if I'm not mistaken)

They brought back football after a 20 year(ish) hiatus.

jdcurran235
November 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Has anyone ever confirmed this article?

LouiseBFree
November 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Lamar was a laughingstock as a Sunbelt member previously. No one in the Sunbelt is clamoring for Lamar.

centexguy
November 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Lamar was a laughingstock as a Sunbelt member previously. No one in the Sunbelt is clamoring for Lamar.

You're as clueless here as on every board you troll on.

LouiseBFree
November 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM
LAUGHINGSTOCK!!!!! xlolxxlolxxlolx

You're as clueless here as on every board you troll on.

jdcurran235
December 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM
This may be more than rumor now

Gringer1
December 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
This may be more than rumor now

?

Laker
December 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Chicago State just joined the WAC.

http://www.gocsucougars.com/news/2012/12/4/GEN_1204120253.aspx?path=baseball

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
If Lamar gets the invite, it's not off of Football skill (I even laughed when I typed that), it's due to Pat Knight.

I mean, the PUS(sy) and the Montagne Center are great facilities, and the PUS is easy to upgrade.

DFW HOYA
December 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Chicago State just joined the WAC.

http://www.gocsucougars.com/news/2012/12/4/GEN_1204120253.aspx?path=baseball

Can Pan-American be far behind?

Laker
December 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Can Pan-American be far behind?

They have the invitation, they just have to get approval of the state board. I assume that will be a rubber stamp. Are there any other Great West schools that haven't hooked up yet? NJIT?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/29/realignment-continues-as-ut-pan-american-receives-an-invitation-to-join-the-wac/

MplsBison
December 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
If Lamar gets the invite, it's not off of Football skill (I even laughed when I typed that), it's due to Pat Knight.

I mean, the PUS(sy) and the Montagne Center are great facilities, and the PUS is easy to upgrade.

Since when have *ANY* of the conference realignment moves been based off of the school's winning football product????

MplsBison
December 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
They have the invitation, they just have to get approval of the state board. I assume that will be a rubber stamp. Are there any other Great West schools that haven't hooked up yet? NJIT?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/29/realignment-continues-as-ut-pan-american-receives-an-invitation-to-join-the-wac/

WAC only needs 7 to stay alive, right?

We know Idaho is out....maybe Seattle will beg it's way back into the WCC.

But frankly, I'd like to see the WAC survive at least long enough for the NCAA to have to honor it's payouts to the conference based on the achievements of Nevada and Utah St men's bball programs. Don't let that money dissolve into thin air!

aceinthehole
December 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM

NJIT will likely be offered a spot in the NEC shortly. I think the league is first waiting to see what happens with next Friday, and what NEC members are offered a spot in the MAAC.

Danielr11220
December 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM
NJIT will likely be offered a spot in the NEC shortly. I think the league is first waiting to see what happens with next Friday, and what NEC members are offered a spot in the MAAC.

Random Idea if the America East invites NJIT first, then NEC and America East should trade University of Hartford for Central Connecticut State, thus making the NEC all private school conference and the America East an all public school conference

dgtw
December 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Chicago State has agreed to join the WAC. This gives them seven members for next season.

Seattle
New Mexico State
Cal State Bakersfield
Utah Valley
Texas Pan American
Chicago State
Grand Canyon

Idaho will still be in the WAC but will join the Big sky in 2014. The problem with Grand Canyon is that they are DII and will be transitioning for four years so the WAC will need a wavier from the NCAA to keep their autobid since they'll have fewer than seven full members. Also, New Mexico state may jump to the Sun Belt. But I give the WAC credit for being able to keep the league alive.

I guess this spells the end for the Great West Conference.

MplsBison
December 5th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Random Idea if the America East invites NJIT first, then NEC and America East should trade University of Hartford for Central Connecticut State, thus making the NEC all private school conference and the America East an all public school conference

I have no idea if this is true, but I recall reading somewhere (maybe even just a message board post) that there was some legal benefits for a conference having at least one private institution as a member. Something like then they were not required to make meeting minutes public info?

MplsBison
December 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Chicago State has agreed to join the WAC. This gives them seven members for next season.

Seattle
New Mexico State
Cal State Bakersfield
Utah Valley
Texas Pan American
Chicago State
Grand Canyon

Idaho will still be in the WAC but will join the Big sky in 2014. The problem with Grand Canyon is that they are DII and will be transitioning for four years so the WAC will need a wavier from the NCAA to keep their autobid since they'll have fewer than seven full members. Also, New Mexico state may jump to the Sun Belt. But I give the WAC credit for being able to keep the league alive.

I guess this spells the end for the Great West Conference.

Good God - look at the WAC membership timeline. Going from Arizona and Utah.....to Grand Canyon and Utah Valley. Unfathomable.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/d915b17962958be801ace0f4d1ec763a.png

MTfan4life
December 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Since when have *ANY* of the conference realignment moves been based off of the school's winning football product????

Are you trying to say that Boise State was moving because of their Women's Volleyball team instead?

ITmonarch10
December 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Are you trying to say that Boise State was moving because of their Women's Volleyball team instead?

Boise State is a decent size metro in combination with its football success.

dgreco
December 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM

that is one outlier

MplsBison
December 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM

????

Zero conference realignment moves have ever, will ever or are based off women's volleyball.

That was a weird non-sequitor.

Sonic98
December 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM
All this realignment mess has me thinking about that song "If I ruled the world." I wish I could realign Jackson State right out of the SWAC, take 2 or 3 of the Eastern Division teams, grab TnSU, and form a new conference with 4 or 5 regional FCS schools from the OVC and/or other schools close to or in the Tn-MS-ARK tri-state.

NoCoDanny
December 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I feel bad for NM State they will be out of there soon the Sun Belt or Mtn West will throw them a life preserver.