PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under Challenge... How Are You Doing?

superman7515
October 25th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I gotta admit, I'm kinda happy with how it has gone so far. If we were playing for money, I'd be doing alright, and some of you guys who complained I was making it too easy look like you've never watched a game in your life. Haha. That's why ya don't talk smack in a game you've never played before. xblehx

Over/Under Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgExSkWOQzlxdFZTN3B6ZkF0bUhKYTlDd3k4VkdNU Xc)

ursus arctos horribilis
October 25th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I didn't even see your name on there supe. Are those listed in rank order? I assume not since you didn't have totals in the far column. The only pick I saw on mine that I went "WTF was I thinking?" was Tenn. Marin....so far anyway.

superman7515
October 25th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I didn't think it was fair for me to play since I'm the only one who can edit the spreadsheet. Conflict of interest. And no, they're just in order of how people responded. Still quite a few teams that are toss ups with a few weeks left, so most people are still firmly in the running.

superman7515
November 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Updated through the games played last week. With just one week left to go in the regular season, there are still 30 teams who could go either way. If you played this season, feel free to take a look. The individual totals at the end are not updated, but you can get a look at how you're doing by just following along your name to see how your picks are looking. Hopefully after this weekend we'll have a winner and I will be sending you a PM to get an address for your trophy.

Over/Under Tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgExSkWOQzlxdFZTN3B6ZkF0bUhKYTlDd3k4VkdNU Xc)

9) Towson - 6.5 wins Under Who set this line, and why is anyone picking the under?? Terrance West is going to be unstoppable.

My one critique: I almost wonder if Nova would be better suited with a 4.5 line, 5.5 might be a tad generous.

I just looked at CCSU. Over 3.5 is the lock of the century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8Qqu_WBIc

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I was so young and dumb back in the offseason xoopsx

darell1976
November 16th, 2012, 04:02 PM
43.90%....Not to bad I guess.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Wow, I'm above 80% right now and when looking at that I was scratching my head thinking "how the hell did I fall for that!" on a couple of them. I really thought CCSU and Duquesne were gonna be better than they were.

Oh, and the Griz too.

TheRevSFA
November 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM
60 percent. Meh

superman7515
November 21st, 2012, 10:10 AM
115 of the 120 teams have reached the point where they are officially going to finish over or under. 30 teams were still in play going into the final weekend, some teams are going to need the post-season to decide it, dozens finished within a 1/2 game of the over/under predicitions leaving them closer than many thought. And after all that, with 115 games in the books, your 2012 AnyGivenSaturday Over/Under Challenge Champion is... Undecided! Both ursus arctos horribilis and Go Lehigh TU owl are tied for first place, having correctly predicted 74 of the 115 (64.35%) teams.

The five teams remaining are North Dakota State at 10.5 wins (Ursus predicts over, Go Lehigh predicts under, so the playoffs will decide the matchup), Appalachian State at 9.5 wins (Ursus predicts under, Go Lehigh predicts over, so the playoffs will decide the matchup), Georgia Southern at 9.5 wins (both players have the over so it's a push), Sam Houston State at 9.5 wins (Ursus predicts under, Go Lehigh predicts over, so the playoffs will decide the matchup), and finally Jackson State at 7.5 wins (Ursus predicts under, Go Lehigh predicts over, so the SWAC Championship Game will decide the winner).

Conference Champions that I have so far:

Big Sky Champions (11-2):
MSU Catz
BisonFan02
BisonBacker

Big South Champions (7-0):
PantherRob82
Catbooster

CAA Champion (9-2):
HailSzczur

Ivy Champions (6-2):
ursus arctos horribilis
tribefan40
TheValleyRaider

MEAC Champions (7-4):
MTfan4life
Go Lehigh TU owl
WileECoyote06
NCAGGIE
JazzyBulldog05
AggieManiac704
BluBengal07
msupokes1
RabidRabbit

MVFC Champion (10-0):
Still to be decided
Hambone 9-0 with NDSU over 10.5 wins
PantherRob82 9-0 with NDSU under 10.5 wins

NEC Champion (7-2):
ursus arctos horribilis

Ohio Valley Champion (7-2):
jayhawkdaddy

Patriot League Champions (6-1):
Screamin_Eagle174
Bogus Megapardus
RichH2
ngineer
Catbooster

Pioneer League Champion (9-1):
Crusader11

Southern Conference Champions:
To Be Determined, too many still in contention with AppState and Georgia Southern to be decided

Southland Conference Champion:
TheValleyRaider (currently 7-0, will finish as Champion at either 7-1 or 8-0 depending on Sam Houston State, but no one can catch him)

Southwestern Athletic Conference Champion (9-1):
To Be Determined by SWAC Championship Game
ursus arctos horribilis (8-1 with Jackson State under 7.5 wins)
KNUTS (8-1 with Jackson State under 7.5 wins)
MSUBobcat (8-1 with Jackson State over 7.5 wins)

superman7515
November 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM
BTW: If you're a conference champion and get this, leave a reply or something so I can at least give you some rep for winning your conference.

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hooray Big Sky! :D

JazzyBulldog05
November 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Nice. Next year I gotta do it for all the conferences & not just mine

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Congrats to my fellow Conference Champions. xthumbsupx

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Somehow I tied for the MEAC title, haha. Just a game off the Pioneer title. I knew I shouldn't have trusted the coaches on Campbell.

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM
I ammmmmmm the championnnnnnnn of my conferenceeeee my friiiiiennnnnnddd!!! Bow Down haters!

JazzyBulldog05
November 21st, 2012, 10:50 AM
I ammmmmmm the championnnnnnnn of my conferenceeeee my friiiiiennnnnnddd!!! Bow Down haters!

Co-Champion. But I'm the #1 co-champion xlolx

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM
Co-Champion. But I'm the #1 co-champion xlolx

Can't be mad at someone from the low country . .#williamsburgcountyrepresent

RabidRabbit
November 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Played two, MEAC and BSC, not even the MVFC. Happy to be a leader with 1 of my 2. Thanks MEAC!!!

bobcathpdevil56
November 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Somehow I tied for the MEAC title, haha. Just a game off the Pioneer title. I knew I shouldn't have trusted the coaches on Campbell.

Stupid Freaking MEAC killed me. It is a silly conference anyways

NCAGGIE
November 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
How about the AGGIES you dirtybirds and dogs!!! I'm the real champxsmiley_wix

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Well, I can claim the Big South. Not sure why I went under on NDSU, but I wouldn't be overly shocked if SDSU can win the rematch,

HailSzczur
November 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Not sure what I was thinking on UNH, but Maine reverting after such a good season surprised me. 9-2 in the CAA not too shabby.

Love seeing all the people that thought we would have another losing season :D

Hambone
November 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM
So I have to cheer for NDSU to win one for the MVFC title? I think I just threw up a little..... :)

MSU Catz
November 21st, 2012, 12:14 PM
Well not to bad for a noob. Looks like I'm the only one from the BSc to tie as well. xthumbsupx

superman7515
November 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Love seeing all the people that thought we would have another losing season :D

Hey, you were one of those people! Haha

WileECoyote06
November 21st, 2012, 12:44 PM
How about the AGGIES you dirtybirds and dogs!!! I'm the real champxsmiley_wix

We really need to hire a better security guard. He's letting flea ridden mongrels on AGS.

crusader11
November 21st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Guess I'm an expert on Pioneer Football. Not sure if that's a good thing.

JazzyBulldog05
November 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
We really need to hire a better security guard. He's letting flea ridden mongrels on AGS.

Let him get his shine. You know they've been irrelevant for years & finally finished over .500. They'll be back to the bottom next year :D

tribefan40
November 21st, 2012, 08:15 PM
Congrats to my fellow Ivy Champs!

Catbooster
November 21st, 2012, 10:03 PM
I guess it's true - It's better to be lucky than good

The two conferences I won/tied are some that probably involved the most guesswork/I was least confident.

Sader87
November 21st, 2012, 10:26 PM
3-3 in the PL.....Holy Cross over 7.5? oy vey

Screamin_Eagle174
November 23rd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Do the green highlighted conferences in the final columns mean you're the co-champ for those conferences? I got a lot of greens. :D

Thanks for puttin' this together, Superman. xbowx

BluBengal07
November 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Conference Champion in my first season xthumbsupx thanks for the challenge superman7515!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

superman7515
December 13th, 2012, 09:02 PM
WE HAVE A WINNER!

It all came down to Jackson State vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff in the SWAC Championship Game. If Jackon State wins, we go to the tie-breakers, if Arkansas-Pine Bluff wins, the game is over...

Jackson State dominates the first half and is up 21-7 when QB Clayton Moore is sacked and fumbles the ball, UAPB returns the fumble 73-yards for a touchdown with just 4 seconds left before halftime. The Jackson State defense continues to stand strong and is up 21-14 with 2 minutes left in regulation when Benjamin Anderson throws a 95-yard touchdown pass to Willie Young to tie the game and force overtime. Once there, Arkansas-Pine Bluff stuns Jackson State and one man stands victorious...

Congratulations!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/customavatars/avatar2954_3.gif

Ursus Arctos Horribilis gets the win in the 1st Annual AGS Over/Under Challenge. And a big congrats to Go Lehigh TU Owl who literally took UAH into overtime and made him earn the win the hard way.

superman7515
December 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM
By the way, Ursus, please PM with an address to ship your trophy and let me know whether you want your screen name, real name, or something else to appear on there. Tentatively it will be (centered):

CONGRATULATIONS
URSUS ARCTOS
HORRIBILIS

2012 CHAMPION
1ST ANNUAL AGS
OVER/UNDER CHALLENGE

citdog
December 13th, 2012, 09:20 PM
the trophy should resemble this.

http://behindblondiepark.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2009-02-04-boobs4.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 09:22 PM
WE HAVE A WINNER!

It all came down to Jackson State vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff in the SWAC Championship Game. If Jackon State wins, we go to the tie-breakers, if Arkansas-Pine Bluff wins, the game is over...

Jackson State dominates the first half and is up 21-7 when QB Clayton Moore is sacked and fumbles the ball, UAPB returns the fumble 73-yards for a touchdown with just 4 seconds left before halftime. The Jackson State defense continues to stand strong and is up 21-14 with 2 minutes left in regulation when Benjamin Anderson throws a 95-yard touchdown pass to Willie Young to tie the game and force overtime. Once there, Arkansas-Pine Bluff stuns Jackson State and one man stands victorious...

Congratulations!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/customavatars/avatar2954_3.gif

Ursus Arctos Horribilis gets the win in the 1st Annual AGS Over/Under Challenge. And a big congrats to Go Lehigh TU Owl who literally took UAH into overtime and made him earn the win the hard way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVaPb24VJWo

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Man, that was really down to the wire! Luckily, the owl couldn't get his claws on me in OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXFlnlrk2zg

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2012, 09:25 PM
By the way, Ursus, please PM with an address to ship your trophy and let me know whether you want your screen name, real name, or something else to appear on there. Tentatively it will be (centered):

CONGRATULATIONS
URSUS ARCTOS
HORRIBILIS

2012 CHAMPION
1ST ANNUAL AGS
OVER/UNDER CHALLENGE

Will do man. Thanks for putting this on supey.xthumbsupx