PDA

View Full Version : Start of practice & media coverage

DTSpider
August 4th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Have any schools out there started practice yet? When are people starting? What sort of media coverage do you get for practice.

I think that UR is starting next Monday. We usually get a blurb on the athletic website about once every 10 days with a few pictures.

The RTD (local paper) does a 1AA news column once a week with updates from UR, W&M and JMU (and sometimes Hampton). In addition, about a week before the first game there's an additional section in the papaer for college football previews with a few pages on the A10 with the local schools getting some good press.

If this has alreayd been covered I apologize...I'm just a little anxious for the season to start.

GSUhooligan
August 4th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Have any schools out there started practice yet? When are people starting? What sort of media coverage do you get for practice.

I think that UR is starting next Monday. We usually get a blurb on the athletic website about once every 10 days with a few pictures.

The RTD (local paper) does a 1AA news column once a week with updates from UR, W&M and JMU (and sometimes Hampton). In addition, about a week before the first game there's an additional section in the papaer for college football previews with a few pages on the A10 with the local schools getting some good press.

If this has alreayd been covered I apologize...I'm just a little anxious for the season to start.

Yeah, Georgia Southern has started practice. We've received pretty good coverage from the Savannah stations. I.E. http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/category.asp?C=78129

El_Cid_99
August 4th, 2006, 01:32 PM
The Charleston paper gives us pretty good coverage.

I'm glad we started because I was getting sick of reading about Clemson and how "this is their year"..

Ivytalk
August 4th, 2006, 01:32 PM
My son is headed over to UTC later this afternoon to watch the Mocs practice.:thumbsup:

SO ILLmatic
August 4th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Practice started today, I expect at least 2 of the local TV stations to have coverage from practice.

In addition, a website blog has been created for the fans to get a first-hand account of the start of football season.
http://web.mac.com/saluki1/iWeb/Dawg%20Tracker/Training%20Camp%20Blog/Training%20Camp%20Blog.html

PaladinFan
August 4th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Ha!

I'm glad to see the Citadel fans are tired of Clemson's "time to shine" as much as we in the upcountry are.