PDA

View Full Version : It is time for the Richmond Spiders to be ranked

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
We have a BCS loss, an 8 point loss to Top 10 ODU and 4 point loss at top 15 UNH.

We won at Villanova and just got a signature win over number 2 James Madison.

Show us the love. We're back.

Thank you.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2012, 06:37 PM
We have a BCS loss, an 8 point loss to Top 10 ODU and 4 point loss at top 15 UNH.

Thank you.

You guys are very solid this year. I had the Spiders ranked a couple weeks and then you guys fell out. UR will certainly be in my Top 20 this week.

BTW, you guys are lucky to have a coach like Rocco. Liberty certainly ended up with the short end of the stick.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 20th, 2012, 06:43 PM
You are exactly right about Rocco. We went from being one of the worst coached teams in the CAA to one of he best.

Our improvement and Liberty's results this year speak to Rocco's ability. Love having a guy from the Parcells tree.

UNH Fanboi
October 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM

Thank you.

Richmond is a solid team no doubt, but JMU should never have been ranked as high as 2 (and I said this before the loss).

ITmonarch10
October 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Thank you.

You can be ranked if you bench your Kicker for the rest of the season. I don't think I have ever seen so many missed XP in my life in one game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
They've been in my past 3 ballots.

paward
October 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Dang it, BigHouse I want to stay under the radar and the curse of the AGS poll, lol. With that said it felt good today to win. I do not care if we win by .000001 over JMU. I do not care if they are ranked 1000 in FCS. I just feels good to beat em!

ITmonarch10
October 20th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Dang it, BigHouse I want to stay under the radar and the curse of the AGS poll, lol. With that said it felt good today to win. I do not care if we win by .000001 over JMU. I do not care if they are ranked 1000 in FCS. I just feels good to beat em!

You had me worried at the end when JMU recovered that onside kick. 0_o

URMite
October 20th, 2012, 08:28 PM
It will be interesting to see where we are after a bye next week then an almost bye (URI @home) the following week.
We have the possibility of winning out (Delaware home, William & Mary away), but I think we are a year away from being a true threat. We are fighting to be able to ram it down anyone's throat but aren't consistent at it yet, and our defense looks best against run first teams. Which is why it got close when JMU switched QBs.

redspider
October 20th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I agree it was a great win today against number 2 JMU! I did not have us rank us last week but did the two weeks before, def deserved to be ranked this week!

R3TRO
October 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I would hope Richmond is ranked this week. I thought they should have been last week. Your O-Line is legit!

HailSzczur
October 20th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I would hope Richmond is ranked this week. I thought they should have been last week. Your O-Line is legit!

That's what we kept saying all game when we played them. They haven't been in my top 25 yet, but they certainly deserve it now.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 21st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Richmond is a solid team no doubt, but JMU should never have been ranked as high as 2 (and I said this before the loss).

I dont disagree but they are still a top 10 team.

At this point, how many teams have 2 wins over teams in the Top 25 like Richmond does?

spdram
October 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I would change your question, how many unranked teams have two Top 25 wins?

Engineer86
October 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
I would change your question, how many unranked teams have two Top 25 wins?

Southern Illinois 3-0. Ranked them this week, just like Richmond, who has been in and out on my 25
Citadel. 2-0

kdinva
October 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
I would hope Richmond is ranked this week. I thought they should have been last week.

I've voted them from 21-23 the last 3 weeks..........a bit higher today/tomorrow ;)

frozennorth
October 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM
cracked my top 25, forget where though

Ivytalk
October 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM
I will rank Richmond this week.