PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-20

JALMOND
October 17th, 2012, 08:54 PM
As they say in horse racing, "And down the stretch they come!" This weekend's slate of games will mark the entrance into late October which means the playoffs are around the corner. Currently, I am at a very paltry 46-13 and need a great week at picking in order to return to respectability. This week's games are challenging as teams are moving around, getting set for the final push. Here are my predictions for this weekend (and attempting once again for perfection).

ISU at UNC---Bengals are showing a strong (at times) offense, but the defense has been lacking. The Bears are improving, which is a word that is getting worn out around Greeley. The Bears need a win, can they finally break through this week?...UNC 32, ISU 27.

UM at UND---With the loss at home last week to Southern Utah, the Grizzlies playoff hopes took a big hit. Now they have to head to that wicked Dakota dome to face North Dakota, who ran out of time against Northern Arizona. Can the Dakotans get a signature win here against one of the conference elite?...UND 31, UM 20.

PSU at CP---After exploding for their fourth highest scoring total in school history, the Vikings took last week off to prepare for Cal Poly. The Mustangs, meanwhile, showed no mercy towards Northern Colorado in getting the win last weekend. The Vikings will want to impress their former coach, but can they win on the road...CP 35, PSU 27.

Sac State at EWU---The Hornets have shown an ability to play better on the road than at home. Last week they struggled to put away the winless Weber State team. The Eagles got a big win on the road at Montana State, which could lead to a hangover this weekend. But not too big of one...EWU 31, Sac St 27.

UCD at NAU---The Aggies' offense finally has shown up, at least in the last two games. That strong defense, though, gave up 45 points to Idaho State last week. Now they go on the road to play the Lumberjacks, who got a big win at North Dakota last week...NAU 35, UCD 21.

WSU at SUU---The Big Sky battle for Utah. The Wildcats fell at Sacramento State to stay winless, but would love to get that first win against the Thunderbirds. The Thunderbirds went into hostile Montana and showed no fear, getting the win. Can they do the same at home?...SUU 31, WSU 28.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Winners in Bold -

Idaho St. @ N. Colorado
Montana @ North Dakota
Portland St. @ Cal Poly
Sac St. @ E. Washington
UC Davis @ N. Arizona
Weber St. @ S. Utah

I have a gut feeling there is going to be an upset in Flag this weekend...

MSUBobcat
October 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Good analysis JALMOND. I agree with all your picks, differing slightly on point differential.

ISU @ UNC - turmoil within ISU and UNC is at home; UNC 31, ISU 24

UM @ UND - the Grizzlies slow UND's offense somewhat, but their sporadic offense can't take advantage of UND's porous defense to even it out; UND 34, UM 28

PSU @ CP - could be a high scoring affair, but Poly should prevail at home; CP 41, PSU 33

UC-D @ NAU - I think Davis keeps this fairly close, but loses it in the 4th; NAU 28, UC-D 21

WSU @ SUU - starting to feel bad for BBQ, this won't be the week for their 1st win; SUU 31, WSU 21

frozennorth
October 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
home team sweep. I'll be there for the death-knell for montana's season :)

bojeta
October 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Winners in Bold -

Idaho St. @ N. Colorado
Montana @ North Dakota
Portland St. @ Cal Poly
Sac St. @ E. Washington
UC Davis @ N. Arizona
Weber St. @ S. Utah

I have the same feeling, but then again, I had that feeling when UND went to Chenney......

I Bleed Purple
October 18th, 2012, 01:08 AM
So long as we play hard, our dwindling fan base will be happy with the results.

xoopsx

JALMOND
October 18th, 2012, 01:15 AM
The two teams I think are right to be upset this weekend are Southern Utah and Eastern Washington. Both got emotional wins last week within the borders of Montana and both are playing pretty good opponents. Weber State has been playing rather competitve and Sacramento State has been pretty good on the road. If the Thunderbirds and Eagles are thinking their wins last week will carry them through this week, they may both be in for a surprise. I don't think they will be upset, but I think the games may be closer than they should.

coover
October 18th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Idaho State at Northern Colorado ... Northern Colorado can play some football. Idaho State? I don't know. UNC wins by 7 to 10.

Montana at North Dakota ... In games past, I've picked North Dakota over most of their foes in the Big Sky. Unfortunately for the Fighting Whatevers I was mostly wrong. Montana has had a horrible season. Evidently the players realize that it has been horrible and have decided to '"call it in". They'll call it in again Saturday and North Dakota will win by 6. Hopefully I won't be wrong this time.

Portland State at Cal Poly ... Poly's coach Walsh and half the coaching staff either coached at or played for Portland State. This is not a meaningless game. Cal Poly QB Andre Broadous played HS football at Portland's Grant High. For Andre, THE Cal Poly TEAM LEADER, this is not a meaningless game. Additionally, the game will be televised live in Portland and this is a chance for Andre to show friends and family all about Cal Poly football. Cal Poly will come out and punish PSU for 60 minutes. Poly will beat PSU by 28 and the Homecoming fans will go home happy.

Cal State Sacramento at Eastern Washington ... Eastern Washington will probably come out a little slow against CSUS, but they'll get better as the game goes along. EWU will win by 10.

University of California Davis at Northern Arizona ... NAU will come out a bit tired with little emotion against UCD after their recent big wins, not expecting much competition, but they'll soon discover that UCD can play a little football. UCD will take an early lead and will win by 3.

Weber State at Southern Utah ... Brad Sorensen is certainly one of the best QBs in FCS and can easily beat a bad defense. Weber State, in it's individual parts, is not a bad team, but when you put them together, 11 men at a time, they are horribly out of control, which, of course, leads to some horrible plays and even worse football. SUU will beat Weeber State by at least two TDs, maybe 3.

Montana State at Bye ... or is it Bye at Montana State, I forget! Bye comes around at just the right time for MSU (and the wrong time for North Dakota). They'll sit around, lick their wounds, cry a little bit and perhaps moan about how unfair the world has been to them. But they'll be ready for North Dakota on the 27th, where I will predict that MSU will win by some outrageous amount. They lost to EWU, and they'll punish UND for it. Life just isn't fair.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 18th, 2012, 03:52 AM
No way. It's homecoming, and the dome will be rocking. The Lumberjacks will have no problem putting down UC Davis.

Winners in Bold -

Idaho St. @ N. Colorado
Montana @ North Dakota
Portland St. @ Cal Poly
Sac St. @ E. Washington
UC Davis @ N. Arizona
Weber St. @ S. Utah

UNDBIZ
October 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
At 51-8 and tied for 6th in the BigSkyChallenge, I have all home teams this weekend.

xcoffeex

wapiti
October 18th, 2012, 09:04 AM
My record now stands at 51 - 8

ISU 17 at UNC 35---ISU now has some practice field problems with the coach and a player. UNC is at home a easily takes ISU.

UM 23 at UND 27---UM has fumble'itis again and UND takes advantage in their home and wins.

PSU 16 at CP 30---CP earns their 7th Div 1 win of the season and will be playoff eligible with a victory here.

Sac State 21 at EWU 24---Does EWU keep a good focus after the big win in Bozeman or will their be a post big win letdown. Sac State is not a team you want to ease up on.

UCD 24 at NAU 35---NAU takes an early lead and keeps it the whole game. UCD scores late to make the game seem closer then it was.

WSU 17 at SUU 38---Sorenson has a big game and leads SUU to a win over the BBQ. SUU will be eating burgers and brats after the game.

MSU has a bye.

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Montana State at Bye ... or is it Bye at Montana State, I forget! Bye comes around at just the right time for MSU (and the wrong time for North Dakota). They'll sit around, lick their wounds, cry a little bit and perhaps moan about how unfair the world has been to them. But they'll be ready for North Dakota on the 27th, where I will predict that MSU will win by some outrageous amount. They lost to EWU, and they'll punish UND for it. Life just isn't fair.

Due to their improving success over the last several years, MSU feels they have outgrown Bye and no longer schedule home-and-home's with Bye, so the Bobcats will be hosting Bye this week. Hopefully they aren't overlooking Bye, as it could be a formidable opponent. Formidable enough that I predict MSU's performance vs. Bye will drop them in the polls after this weekend. xsmiley_wix

putter
October 18th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Been a long time since 99% of all predictions have Montana losing.....

darell1976
October 18th, 2012, 10:01 AM
At 51-8 and tied for 6th in the BigSkyChallenge, I have all home teams this weekend.

xcoffeex

I also choose all home teams, I am 50-9 tied for 14th in the BigSky Challenge.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
WSU 23 @ 27 SUU

ISU 35 @ 30 UNC

UM 38 @ 31 UND

SAC 20 @ 34 EWU

UCD 14 @ 28 NAU

PSU 17 @ 31 CP

dudeitsaid
October 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I think Montana wins, other than that, the home teams win. Montana is better than their record indicates, and certainly better than UND on any field, no offense to UND. I think Montana wins their next 3 games handily, gains confidence, and beats MSU in the Brawl. (It seems it is not uncommon that the team that shouldn't win the Brawl does, and that rivalry always makes it anyones game!). They finish 7-4, but end up being the last team left out of the playoffs.

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I predict an increase in reported rapes in the Grand Forks Metro area.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Do the police take reports from sheep seriously?

Grizalltheway
October 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM

And I predict you'll just lay there and take it without any resistance, as per usual.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2012, 02:01 PM
And I predict you'll just lay there and take it without any resistance, as per usual.

BOOM!

IN YOUR FACE FATMAN!

wapiti
October 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM

Please ignore the troll.

Plus stuff like this belongs in smack and the direction the responses are headed makes it questionable to be on here at all.
I do not need to preach on the bad effects rape has on people and society.

Now lets get back to the topic of BSC predictions.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
The two teams I think are right to be upset this weekend are Southern Utah and Eastern Washington. Both got emotional wins last week within the borders of Montana and both are playing pretty good opponents. Weber State has been playing rather competitve and Sacramento State has been pretty good on the road. If the Thunderbirds and Eagles are thinking their wins last week will carry them through this week, they may both be in for a surprise. I don't think they will be upset, but I think the games may be closer than they should.

As I mentioned on CS, I have to disagree (at least with EWU/Sac). There was no let down for UND, who was sandwiched between emotional wins against both Montana schools. Sac is also giving up 290 through the air per game. Vernon and his WRs should have a field day. Watch the interview with coach Baldwin... I'd be very shocked if Sac snuck up on us.

http://www.kxly.com/sports/Eastern-reaches-1-for-3rd-straight-season/-/100918/16996794/-/ter3bl/-/index.html

Screamin_Eagle174
October 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
WSU 23 @ 27 SUU

ISU 35 @ 30 UNC

UM 38 @ 31 UND

SAC 20 @ 42 EWU

UCD 14 @ 28 NAU

PSU 17 @ 31 CP

Changing my score prediction for EWU/Sac. xthumbsupx

LakesBison
October 18th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Goats or fat chicks? DANG IT screamin eagle beat me to it

darell1976
October 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM

xlolx

JALMOND
October 21st, 2012, 12:54 AM
As they say in horse racing, "And down the stretch they come!" This weekend's slate of games will mark the entrance into late October which means the playoffs are around the corner. Currently, I am at a very paltry 46-13 and need a great week at picking in order to return to respectability. This week's games are challenging as teams are moving around, getting set for the final push. Here are my predictions for this weekend (and attempting once again for perfection).

ISU at UNC---Bengals are showing a strong (at times) offense, but the defense has been lacking. The Bears are improving, which is a word that is getting worn out around Greeley. The Bears need a win, can they finally break through this week?...UNC 32, ISU 27.

UM at UND---With the loss at home last week to Southern Utah, the Grizzlies playoff hopes took a big hit. Now they have to head to that wicked Dakota dome to face North Dakota, who ran out of time against Northern Arizona. Can the Dakotans get a signature win here against one of the conference elite?...UND 31, UM 20.

PSU at CP---After exploding for their fourth highest scoring total in school history, the Vikings took last week off to prepare for Cal Poly. The Mustangs, meanwhile, showed no mercy towards Northern Colorado in getting the win last weekend. The Vikings will want to impress their former coach, but can they win on the road...CP 35, PSU 27.

Sac State at EWU---The Hornets have shown an ability to play better on the road than at home. Last week they struggled to put away the winless Weber State team. The Eagles got a big win on the road at Montana State, which could lead to a hangover this weekend. But not too big of one...EWU 31, Sac St 27.

UCD at NAU---The Aggies' offense finally has shown up, at least in the last two games. That strong defense, though, gave up 45 points to Idaho State last week. Now they go on the road to play the Lumberjacks, who got a big win at North Dakota last week...NAU 35, UCD 21.

WSU at SUU---The Big Sky battle for Utah. The Wildcats fell at Sacramento State to stay winless, but would love to get that first win against the Thunderbirds. The Thunderbirds went into hostile Montana and showed no fear, getting the win. Can they do the same at home?...SUU 31, WSU 28.

I know I said that I was watching the Southern Utah game and the Eastern Washington game, but I didn't think they would lose. EWU got the win in their game (I just barely missed the score), but congrats to Weber for getting past SUU. That was the only game I missed. 5-1 for the week, puts me at 51-14 for the year.

I Bleed Purple
October 21st, 2012, 01:24 AM
Glad to put that in the loss column, Jalmond. xthumbsupx