PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing tweet from Spartanburg Herald writer

dungeonjoe
October 15th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Apparently EB is questionable for the App game due to injury sustained Saturday at Statesboro. Here is his tweet: @TerrierTracker: Coach Ayers and Breitenstein were careful with their words, but EB was livid about the injury and I saw it clearly through binoculars.

I am waiting to hear more.

dungeonjoe
October 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
And an earlier tweet; @TerrierTracker: Wofford running back Eric Breitenstein questionable this week after questionable ankle-turning long after the whistle at Georgia Southern.

cbarrier90
October 15th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Apparently EB is questionable for the App game due to injury sustained Saturday at Statesboro. Here is his tweet: @TerrierTracker: Coach Ayers and Breitenstein were careful with their words, but EB was livid about the injury and I saw it clearly through binoculars.

xeekx Wow...

asumike83
October 15th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Would be a shame if he couldn't go. I'd like to see both teams as healthy as possible.

eaglewraith
October 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM
And an earlier tweet; @TerrierTracker: Wofford running back Eric Breitenstein questionable this week after questionable ankle-turning long after the whistle at Georgia Southern.

Oh Lord, here we go.

cbarrier90
October 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Would be a shame if he couldn't go. I'd like to see both teams as healthy as possible.

Had Wofford won Saturday I think he'd at least consider sitting out. With their conference title hopes on the line, not a chance.

cannonballgsu
October 15th, 2012, 05:24 PM

Sounds like they are trying to say we play dirty.

eagle07
October 15th, 2012, 05:33 PM
You guys do realize people can get hurt in football , especially those that carry the ball X amount of times everygame. Its a wonder he can even walk after 4 years of it, i wasn't there so i cant say yes or no to late contact. My guess is he plays sat and has an avg outing (100yds, 1td) mark it down and if he doesnt then you know what will happen.... another thread

asumike83
October 15th, 2012, 05:45 PM
An injury in and of itself does not mean dirty play, players get hurt all the time. It is the intent to injure or a cheap shot that makes it dirty. I have no idea what happened to EB so I cannot comment on which category this would fall into, I just hope he is healthy enough to go.

asumike83
October 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Had Wofford won Saturday I think he'd at least consider sitting out. With their conference title hopes on the line, not a chance.

I'm with you. Unless it is really bad, I expect to see him on the field and you can bet the App coaches think the same. I don't think he sits unless it makes him a liability to his team to be out there.

dungeonjoe
October 15th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Sounds like they are trying to say we play dirty.
First, I am only reporting a tweet. Don't kill this messenger! However, I think whoever said this needs to be filled out is absolutely right. It is just inflammatory otherwise. I feel stupid for posting it, without the proof. So, don't kill me I feel bad enough. If I can't find where the newspaper backs it up, I will ask Ursus to close or delete this thread. Peace.

GSC75
October 15th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I was at the game, saw EB go down near our sideline and got up favoring his ankle - a re-curring injury, right? I never saw a late hit, but ya know, pretty classless to post that kind of stuff on AGS when I haven't seen it on the Woff or GSU board.... any chance you remember #2 from Woff clocking our KICKER from behind WELL after the play was over last year....our guy had high-fived his holder and was walking away. Had to be helped off the field after he was blind-sided...., same guy (#2 Woff) muffed the return and gave the other team a TD in the playoffs because of his attitude...I watched a helluva game between two teams give 100%, we got lucky on a few key breaks (you got your share, too). Wofford huddled at the 50 while our team and students sang the alma mater..... there were very feww issues on the field... appeared to be a good clean game. I truly hope the young man is 110% for Sat.

Baldy
October 15th, 2012, 07:51 PM

I didn't need binoculars because it happened right in front of me. It was a good very hard and very legal hit while he was running toward the sideline.

EKU-n-GSU
October 15th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I was at the game, saw EB go down near our sideline and got up favoring his ankle - a re-curring injury, right? I never saw a late hit, but ya know, pretty classless to post that kind of stuff on AGS when I haven't seen it on the Woff or GSU board.... any chance you remember #2 from Woff clocking our KICKER from behind WELL after the play was over last year....our guy had high-fived his holder and was walking away. Had to be helped off the field after he was blind-sided...., same guy (#2 Woff) muffed the return and gave the other team a TD in the playoffs because of his attitude...I watched a helluva game between two teams give 100%, we got lucky on a few key breaks (you got your share, too). Wofford huddled at the 50 while our team and students sang the alma mater..... there were very feww issues on the field... appeared to be a good clean game. I truly hope the young man is 110% for Sat.

Spoke for quite some time with another (GSU) players father who sat behind EB's father, chatting up through the game. EB's father explained that the ankle was a recurring injury; he (EB) was favoring earlier in the game as well. The tackle in question was right in front of me (I sat about 5 rows up from the field near the 25 yd. line - Bishop FH end - and didn't see anything after the fact that would elicit a flag. It was a tough, physical game; I know WC walked off one of their OTs (#66); anyone talk about his injury?

dungeonjoe
October 15th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Spoke for quite some time with another (GSU) players father who sat behind EB's father, chatting up through the game. EB's father explained that the ankle was a recurring injury; he (EB) was favoring earlier in the game as well. The tackle in question was right in front of me (I sat about 5 rows up from the field near the 25 yd. line - Bishop FH end - and didn't see anything after the fact that would elicit a flag. It was a tough, physical game; I know WC walked off one of their OTs (#66); anyone talk about his injury? concussion

Saint3333
October 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Two words smoke screen. Local Boone kid misses his senior season game at KBS, sure...

gsu2583
October 15th, 2012, 08:33 PM
The game replay will be up on the GSU athletics website in a day or so. Get a better look then. Personally I thought I saw him get up one two separate occasions and tap his helmet indicating he needed to come out. Nothing immediately seemed amiss. We shall see.

walliver
October 16th, 2012, 09:06 AM
The Twitterverse is one of the levels of Hell.

I am amazed how often respected sportswriters tweet silly things they would never put in print.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Show me the video. Not a slight at the SHJ guy, or anyone here, but can't judge unless I see something.

GATA_GSU
October 16th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I saw him limp off the field too. I was sitting in the 4th row on the 40 yd line near the field house endzone, so the Wofford bench was right in front of us. I did see some pushing and shoving throughout the game after whistles (it's football, afterall) but nothing that I'd consider a dirty hit. In fact, I'd say this was a very clean game and both teams were respectful of one another (especially when Wofford stayed for the alma matter afterward).

GSC75
October 16th, 2012, 09:49 AM
yes - apparently a very clean game - after the game watched several Woff/GSU players walking together talking and laughing....

cannonballgsu
October 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
First, I am only reporting a tweet. Don't kill this messenger! However, I think whoever said this needs to be filled out is absolutely right. It is just inflammatory otherwise. I feel stupid for posting it, without the proof. So, don't kill me I feel bad enough. If I can't find where the newspaper backs it up, I will ask Ursus to close or delete this thread. Peace.

I was referring to the tweeter - wasn't intending for it to be a jab at you. :D

gsu2583
October 17th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Watching the replay. Early 3rd quarter (about 1:42 into the broadcast) EB dive up the middle and is stood up at the line before being twisted over backwards. You can see one of our D-Linemen with his arms wrapped around his ankles, but it doesn't look dirty to me. Next play is another EB run, nothing special, then he takes himself out of the game and heads to the training table.

GATA_Eagles
October 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Available here towards the bottom of the page: http://georgiasoutherneagles.com/watch-listen

dungeonjoe
October 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Ursus, how about closing this thread?

gsu2583
October 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Ursus, how about closing this thread?

Why? No one is angry I don't think. If our players did something dirty or wrong then they deserve criticism. If not, no big deal.

dungeonjoe
October 17th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Why? No one is angry I don't think. If our players did something dirty or wrong then they deserve criticism. If not, no big deal.
I try not to fuel the flames of unfounded allegations. I should have waited for something more substantial than a tweet. I said that I would ask that it come down if there was nothing further. To me, it is a point of honor.
It was a hard fought game, and no one should allege any thing underhanded.