PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 RB's in I-AA?

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 2nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
Rate your top 5 RB's:thumbsup:

Chi Panther
August 2nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
#1 is Arkee....
#2-5.....not sure.....:confused:probably the kid at App State, kid at Montana and kid at Cal Poly....#5?

slostang
August 2nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
#1 is Arkee....
#2-5.....not sure.....:confused:probably the kid at App State, kid at Montana and kid at Cal Poly....#5?
Chi Panther, any thought at Northern Iowa of moving Whitney Lewis from WR to RB? He played both in high school and excelled at both.

ASU Kep
August 2nd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Isn't Harvard's RB coming back? I forget his name. Clifton Dawson or something similar?

smallcollegefbfan
August 2nd, 2006, 08:33 PM
My top 5 are:

1. Arkee Whitlock, SIU
2. Clifton Dawson, Harvard
3. Lex Hilliard, Montana
4. Omarr Cuff, Delaware
5. Kevin Richardson, App State

My next best are Alonzo Coleman, Hampton; James Noble, Cal Poly; Jordan Scott, Colgate; Lerron Moore, WKU; Steve Baylark, UMASS; Kyle Steffes, NDSU and Eldra Buckley, UTC. Those are the top names I know. Did I miss anyone major?

ASU Kep
August 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Damn, I nailed it. :)

I guess from what I've heard Dawson and Whitlock might be tops, but I wasn't too impressed with Whitlock when I saw him up here. Call me a homer, but I'd take KR any day of the week. I'd put Furmie's Jerome Felton up for consideration, too. The man is a beast (I hate to talk about it, but I'll never forget the lickin' he put on Corey Lynch that one time last year).

smallcollegefbfan
August 2nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
Damn, I nailed it. :)

I guess from what I've heard Dawson and Whitlock might be tops, but I wasn't too impressed with Whitlock when I saw him up here. Call me a homer, but I'd take KR any day of the week. I'd put Furmie's Jerome Felton up for consideration, too. The man is a beast (I hate to talk about it, but I'll never forget the lickin' he put on Corey Lynch that one time last year).

I would put Felton up there too but he is a fullback. If you include fullbacks then I think Felton and the Nicholls State fullback both have to be mentioned.

Cocky
August 2nd, 2006, 09:00 PM
Did I miss anyone major?

Yes, Clay Green of Jacksonville State.

BaylorTitan
August 2nd, 2006, 09:00 PM
Watch out for Racheul Massey at NW St. he will be a top 10 or even top 5 by the end of the year.

Gil Dobie
August 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
For what it's worth, in the SIU vs NDSU game last year.

Rushing
Whitlock 23-115 1TD
Steffes 13-65

Receiving
Whitlock 3-9
Steffes 3-36

Total Yards
Whitlock 124
Steffes 101

MR. CHICKEN
August 2nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
OMAR'S..DUH BEST...IN DUH TOUGH......A-10........DOODLE-DOOO!

DAT MERITS....TOP 5...............:hyped:...........BRAWK!

NO PARTICULAR ORDER: :twocents:

DAWSON
NOBLE
HILLIARD
COLEMAN
CUFF

SORRY ARKEE.......:(..........................BRAWK!

blackfordpu
August 2nd, 2006, 09:17 PM
Last season we would have had one and maybe two guys on this list. They will be missed dearly! :bawling:

GeauxLions94
August 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
Watch out for Racheul Massey at NW St. he will be a top 10 or even top 5 by the end of the year.

Don't forget to add Jay Lucas (Soph., Texas A&M) and Kendrick Perry (R-Fr., Ole Miss) at Southeastern Louisiana. Texas State has Daniel Jolly, Nicholls State has Broderick Cole (FB), Zac Morgan and would really be stout if Joseph Tobias were eligible for the season; Stephen F. Austin has Louie Runnels.

ASU Kep
August 2nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
I would put Felton up there too but he is a fullback. If you include fullbacks then I think Felton and the Nicholls State fullback both have to be mentioned.

:doh: I knew that. :o Well, if it were a "guys who can run the ball well" list, he'd be on there.

bjtheflamesfan
August 2nd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Id watch out for somebody by the name of Rashad Jennings from Liberty. He transferred in from Pitt and from what he showed in the spring he could very well surprise a lot of people this year

BaylorTitan
August 2nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Don't forget to add Jay Lucas (Soph., Texas A&M) and Kendrick Perry (R-Fr., Ole Miss) at Southeastern Louisiana. Texas State has Daniel Jolly, Nicholls State has Broderick Cole (FB), Zac Morgan and would really be stout if Joseph Tobias were eligible for the season; Stephen F. Austin has Louie Runnels.

I quit trying to spell Mr. Massey's name right. From now on it's Ed Massey.:twocents:

MR. CHICKEN
August 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
MR. ED?

libertyfballer
August 2nd, 2006, 09:47 PM
Rashad Jennings from Liberty will emerge this year as one of the best in I-aa. He is a 6'1 250 pound back that runs a 4.6 and started for pitt last year as a freshman but trasfered this year due to his fathers illness and LYnchburg being his home town. Only got 86 carries due to injury but had 430 yards

AppGuy04
August 2nd, 2006, 11:17 PM
My top 5:
1. Clifton Dawson- Harvard
2. Kevin Richardson- Appalachian State
3. Arkee Whitlock- SIU
4. Lex Hilliard- Montana
5. Eldra Buckley- UTC

grayghost06
August 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
This is shaping up nicely again for the Dukes. No love for either Banks or Fenner. I'll gladly take our backs against any in 1AA and have another season of flying under the radar. Perhaps individually they may not be top 5, but as a two- headed monster they are very very tough.

FUwolfpacker
August 3rd, 2006, 12:07 AM
1. Lex Hillard
2. Kevin Richardson
3. Clifton Dawson

After that it gets kind of hard for me to pick. How do you decide between Whitlock, Cuff, Noble, and Buckley? If I have to pick though I'll say....

4. Arkee Whitlock
5. Omar Cuff

Cuff, Buckley, and Noble could all go at 5 though. I just went with Cuff though b/c I didn't want to be a SoCon homer, and Noble wasn't quite as impressive to me as Cuff. I can't ever pick the number I'm supposed to. It's just too hard for me. Lots of really good running backs and fullbacks out there, that's for sure.

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 12:19 AM
This is a great year in I-AA for running backs.

Tailbacks
1. Arkee Whitlock, Southern Illinois (surpried Kep that you didn't notice all of the yards he gained at ASU on plays where he had NO blocking — he almost got to 100 yards against the Mountaineers).
3. Kevin Richardson, Appalachian State (leading receiver and rusher for national champs)
4. James Noble, Cal Poly
5. Omar Cuff, Delaware
6. Lex Hilliard, Montana
7. Alonzo Coleman, Hampton
8. Clay Green, Jacksonville State
9. Lerron Moore, Western Kentucky
10. Scott Phadavong, Drake or Eldra Buckley, UTC

Fullbacks
1. Jerome Felton, Furman (best FB in college football, any division, period).
2. Broderick Cole, Nicholls State
3. Ruben Mayes, Grambling
4. Joe Casey, Rhode Island
5. Niquan Lee, Delaware or Demetrius Ison of Youngstown State

KiddBrewer
August 3rd, 2006, 12:56 AM
kevin richardson....no doubt, after its all said and done....he will be the #1, mark my words.

check that, i was drunk, whitlock is a beast, but k rich will do big things this year, im stickin to that.

August 3rd, 2006, 01:07 AM
3. Kevin Richardson, Appalachian State (leading receiver and rusher for national champs)
4. James Noble, Cal Poly... One year wonders that I want to see do it again... the future is BRIGHT but the jury might still be out!

AmsterBison
August 3rd, 2006, 01:58 AM
I'd put James Noble from Cal Poly on there - he average 7.1 ypc (1578 yards) as a freshman. Very quick.

blur2005
August 3rd, 2006, 02:22 AM
This is shaping up nicely again for the Dukes. No love for either Banks or Fenner. I'll gladly take our backs against any in 1AA and have another season of flying under the radar. Perhaps individually they may not be top 5, but as a two- headed monster they are very very tough.
Agreed. Actually, if Banks were on his own, he might get consideration because he can do it all: pound it, run around you, juke you, or take a screen the distance. Fenner is more of a straight bruiser but the two of them together I believe were called the best RB tandem in I-AA by The Sports Network guy, whose name I'm currently blanking on.

By the way, Omar Cuff is sick. I just thought I'd give my opinion on that. I'd take him over pretty much anyone.

PaladinFan
August 3rd, 2006, 06:53 AM
Jerome Felton should be up there. Felton is most often a fullback, but Furman runs a great deal of single back sets where he is the lone cowboy. FU uses him much like Rutgers used Leonard last year or the TB Bucs used Mike Alstott.

I was happy see our media guides comeout with a big picture of Jerome running over Corey Lynch from last year.

bluehenbillk
August 3rd, 2006, 06:58 AM
This is a great year in I-AA for running backs.

Tailbacks
1. Arkee Whitlock, Southern Illinois (surpried Kep that you didn't notice all of the yards he gained at ASU on plays where he had NO blocking — he almost got to 100 yards against the Mountaineers).
4. James Noble, Cal Poly
5. Omar Cuff, Delaware
6. Lex Hilliard, Montana
7. Alonzo Coleman, Hampton
8. Clay Green, Jacksonville State
9. Lerron Moore, Western Kentucky
10. Scott Phadavong, Drake or Eldra Buckley, UTC

Fullbacks
1. Jerome Felton, Furman (best FB in college football, any division, period).
2. Broderick Cole, Nicholls State
3. Ruben Mayes, Grambling
4. Joe Casey, Rhode Island
5. Niquan Lee, Delaware or Demetrius Ison of Youngstown State

Niquan Lee? He hasn't played for UD for 2 years.

I'm biased but it's Omar Cuff & everybody else.

Tribe4SF
August 3rd, 2006, 07:10 AM

He played last year, but I gather he's no longer on the roster. What happened to him?

GrizRchattybound
August 3rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
LEX Hilliard #38 - Montana

UNH 40
August 3rd, 2006, 07:27 AM
1. Lex Hilliard, Montana, Runs with authority and is consistantly good in a great conference
2. Omar Cuff, Delaware, Another year like last year and he will be on top.
3. Arkee Whitlock, Southern Illinois, a great all around threat.
4. James Noble, Cal Poly, can't deny his production against top tier teams.
5. Clifton Dawson, Harvard, would clime up this list if he could prove to be as effective against a higher level of competition.

GoGuins
August 3rd, 2006, 07:57 AM
YSU's Marcus Mason will have a big year. Almost entire O-line is back along with his lead blocker & all GFC FB Deke Ison

colgate13
August 3rd, 2006, 08:01 AM
------------HOMER ALERT-----------------------------------

FWIW - Jordan Scott looks in fantastic shape and has put on 10 lbs. of muscle. Barring injury, he will have a better year than last.

Where that puts him in the rankings will depend on how everyone else does. :twocents:

------------END HOMER ALERT----------------------------------

GannonFan
August 3rd, 2006, 08:24 AM
He played last year, but I gather he's no longer on the roster. What happened to him?

He had one year of eligibility remaining, but he was buried on the depth chart, especially after the emergence of Cuff, and the writing was on the wall that he wouldn't have a lot of playing time, if any, this year either. He decided to move on with his life (I think he graduated already as well so he'd be staying for a 5th year and have to find some graduate study to qualify). I'm not sure if he even got a carry after the 3rd game last year, and most of those were in mop up time. Of course, he left in early January before the unfortunate felony incident that heppened in February, thus taking out Cuff's most likely backup in Danny Jones (soon to be doing 10-15 in a federal pen no doubt) but UD did recruit a supposed jewel in a kid named Bradley - expect him to see at least 10 touches a game this year as Cuff's primary back-up - if he's anywhere close to the hype even someone of Cuff's stature could see his playing time reduced (at least a little bit).

Ivytalk
August 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
My top 5 are:

1. Arkee Whitlock, SIU
3. Lex Hilliard, Montana
4. Omarr Cuff, Delaware

My next best are Alonzo Coleman, Hampton; James Noble, Cal Poly; Jordan Scott, Colgate; Lerron Moore, WKU; Steve Baylark, UMASS; Kyle Steffes, NDSU and Eldra Buckley, UTC. Those are the top names I know. Did I miss anyone major?

That's good enough for me!;)

aceinthehole
August 3rd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Here's my plug for arguably the NEC's best rusher. He's isn't I-AA Top 5 yet, but with another solid season he could get some major attention. He will return to CCSU this season after siting out 2005 for medical reasons.

Corey Harge, Central Connecticut State, 5-11, 170 lbs

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=151136

2004: Named 2004 Northeast Conference Offensive Player of the Year...First Team All-Conference selection...Rushed for 1,032 yards in just over six games played...Averaged 147.4 yards per game...Averaged 6.0 yards per carry and scored 13 touchdowns on the season...Set school and conference records with 331 yards, 43 carries and five touchdowns in win over Stony Brook...331 yards was the highest total in I-AA during the 2004 season...Won the New England Football Writers Gold Helmet Award, Don Hansen Mid-Major Player of the Week Award, NEC Player of the Week Award, Sports Network National I-AA Player of the Week Award and the College Sports Report I-AA Performer of the Week Award for his performance against Stony Brook...Rushed for 100 or more yards in five of seven games played (177, 170, 141, 331 and 147)...Three-time NEC Offensive Player of the Week...Don Hansen Mid-Major All-American...Led team in scoring with 14 touchdowns and 84 points on the season...Third on the school's all-time rushing list with 2,114 yards...Preseason All-Conference selection.

2003: Named the 2003 Northeast Conference Offensive Rookie of the Year...Became the first freshman in NEC history to rush for 1,000 yards when he rushed 191 times to 1,082 yards...Scored eight touchdowns...Averaged 98.4 yards per game...Rushed for 100 or more yards five times...Rushed for a then career-high 242 yards in the loss at Stony Brook...Also rushed for over 100 yards against Sacred Heart (141), Siena (144), Wagner (129) and St. Francis (PA) (107)...Caught seven passes for 31 yards ... in his first college game he ran for 98 yards on 9 carrires vs. New Hampshire.

Before Central: Played football, basketball and track at Sweet Home High School...First Team All-State, All-Western New York, All-League...Led team to sectional championships and undefeated season as a senior...Team MVP and defensive Player of the Year...Rushed for 1,032 yards and had 530 receiving yards as a senior.

----
Also, CCSU just got its first Big East transfer that I know of. Former New Britain High School standout running back Justise Hairston, a three-year letterwinner at Rutgers University, has transferred to Central Connecticut for his final season of eligibility.

In his freshman season with the Scarlet Knights he rushed for 550 yards and eight scores in eight games played. He was a member of The Sports News BIG EAST All-Freshman Team and was named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week after rushing for 161 yards and four touchdowns in a win over Navy. He had two 100-yard rushing performances in his first season.

http://ccsubluedevils.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072506aae.html

slostang
August 3rd, 2006, 08:48 AM
My top 5 are:

1. Arkee Whitlock, SIU
3. Lex Hilliard, Montana
4. Omarr Cuff, Delaware

SCFF, the list look good but I think that Jerome Felton has to be included even though he is a fullback. Think what he would do if he were moved to the TB position and got 25 to 30 carries a game. Others to watch for this season include Andre Wilson of UNC and the tandem of Anthony Watson and Cory Koenig at SDSU.

DUPFLFan
August 3rd, 2006, 08:57 AM
Everyone seems to forget the #2 rusher in 1-aa last year...

Scott Phaydavong of Drake

Pard4Life
August 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
------------HOMER ALERT-----------------------------------

FWIW - Jordan Scott looks in fantastic shape and has put on 10 lbs. of muscle. Barring injury, he will have a better year than last.

Where that puts him in the rankings will depend on how everyone else does. :twocents:

------------END HOMER ALERT----------------------------------

The radar station at Fisher Field has dismissed the homer alert as a false alarm from some UFO in northern NY. xlolx

Pard4Life
August 3rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Clifton Dawson is definetely top three.. if he played in a stronger league that went to the playoffs, he would likely be number one here..

colgate13
August 3rd, 2006, 10:18 AM
The radar station at Fisher Field has dismissed the homer alert as a false alarm from some UFO in northern NY. xlolx

Funny, you would think after getting 109 yards and a TD dropped on them, those radar techs wouldn't be such conspiracy theorists. :)

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM
One year wonders that I want to see do it again... the future is BRIGHT but the jury might still be out!
Just talent. No one-year wonder about it. Do you call players at positions other than RB one-year wonders? How about Laurent Robinson, or Cameron Siskowic of ISU? Eric Sanders of UNI? Kyle Shotwell of Cal Poly? Patrick Bugg of EKU? Are they one-year wonders? They all broke on the scene last season, too.

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM

If Niquan Lee has graduated, my apologies. But he most certainly played last season for the Blue Hens. Look it up in the NCAA stats. Either way, he was an effective short-yardage runner from the FB spot and a good lead blocker in two-man sets.

Champs
YSU's Marcus Mason, 5'9, 205 will be near the top of the list this year. The transfer from Ill. was injured and didn't play till the 3rd game and then tore up, helping to lead YSU to piece of GFC title last year.

Last year sharing RB duties with 3 guys, he racked up 892 yds on 176 carries in 9 shared games. Avg. 115.7 yds in all GFC games. This year will be the feature back.

May finish as the leading rusher in the GFC this year. Watch him go.

Umass74
Any top 5 has to include UMass' Steve Baylark 6-0 225. 3,372 career I-AA yards. Looking to join Adrian Peterson and Jerry Azumah as the only running backs in I-AA history to have four 1,000 yard seasons. First team all A10 last two years. Currently 3rd leading rusher in I-AA going into the 2006 season.

Ivytalk
August 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Any top 5 has to include UMass' Steve Baylark 6-0 225. 3,372 career I-AA yards. Looking to join Adrian Peterson and Jerry Azumah as the only running backs in I-AA history to have four 1,000 yard seasons. First team all A10 last two years. Currently 3rd leading rusher in I-AA going into the 2006 season.

Clifton Dawson may match that.

GannonFan
August 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM

But still only the second best back in the conference behind Cuff. Baylark is very good, but I think he's sometimes limited in terms of creating things - if his line doesn't blow a big hole for him he struggles to get anything. And he's not a big target catching the ball out of the backfield, so he's a little one dimensional. Like I said, though, he's clearly the 2nd best RB in the conference.

GannonFan
August 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
If Niquan Lee has graduated, my apologies. But he most certainly played last season for the Blue Hens. Look it up in the NCAA stats. Either way, he was an effective short-yardage runner from the FB spot and a good lead blocker in two-man sets.

He did play last year, just very sparingly (and mostly in blowouts). Problem is, Cuff really emerged and Lee's need fell away. Plus, they used a TE in the FB spot to block as they thought Lee wasn't that good in that area. Lee's passed up his last year of eligibility as he's also already graduated and, with no playing time in sight, was ready to move on.

Umass74
August 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Clifton Dawson may match that.

Agreed. Too bad two of the best RB's in I-AA are 90 miles from each other and never played on the same field.

For the nth time----- Harvard vs UMass at the Stadium---sigh :(

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Alonzo Coleman of Hampton also has three 1,000-yard seasons (and an incredible 50 career TDs) heading into his senior year.

Clifton Dawson is the current career rushing leader (3,628), with Coleman second (3,606) and Lerron Moore third (3,505). The NCAA is missing two years of single-season data on Moore, so I can't tell you right now if he is also looking for his fourth-straight 1,000-yard season. Baylark is next at 3,372. Baylark is good, but I've always thought a notch below some of the others. He has been more up and down from week to week.

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
But still only the second best back in the conference behind Cuff. Baylark is very good, but I think he's sometimes limited in terms of creating things - if his line doesn't blow a big hole for him he struggles to get anything. And he's not a big target catching the ball out of the backfield, so he's a little one dimensional. Like I said, though, he's clearly the 2nd best RB in the conference.
As you can see in the post above, I agree with your assessment on Baylark, but I want to correct one thing. He is a better receiver than you might think. He had 25 receptions for 220 yards and two TDs last year and had 22 for 166 yards as a freshman. The Minutemen only threw to him nine times as a sophomore, which might have been more of a QB problem (any Tim Day fans out here?) than a Baylark problem.

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
He did play last year, just very sparingly (and mostly in blowouts). Problem is, Cuff really emerged and Lee's need fell away. Plus, they used a TE in the FB spot to block as they thought Lee wasn't that good in that area. Lee's passed up his last year of eligibility as he's also already graduated and, with no playing time in sight, was ready to move on.
I still liked what I saw of Lee, particularly in short-yardage situations. There really are not very many good fullbacks any more and a lot of the ones who run the ball a lot are the FBs in the Erk Russell/Georgia Southern spread option (not to be confused with the name that was stolen by Urban Meyer of Florida for his offense). Of the four top rushing FBs last year, three (Jermaine Austin of Georgia Southern, Joe Casey of Rhode Island and Broderick Cole of Nicholls State) played for teams that ran the Erk spread option. Jerome Felton was the only non-spread option FB in that group.

fuEMO
August 3rd, 2006, 01:14 PM
The bad thing for Felton is fullbacks are so overlooked by the media and most fans unless you have an offense that uses them. Felton is very underrated as a receiver too. Another thing about Felton he seems to always have good games against APP.

Felton vs APP Game 1: 16 rushes 72 yards, 2 receptions 27 yards 0TDs
Felton vs APP Game 2: 20 rushes 105 yards, 2 TDs

Not to bad for a fullback.

blueballs
August 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
The bad thing for Felton is fullbacks are so overlooked by the media and most fans unless you have an offense that uses them. Felton is very underrated as a receiver too. Another thing about Felton he seems to always have good games against APP.

Felton vs APP Game 1: 16 rushes 72 yards, 2 receptions 27 yards 0TDs
Felton vs APP Game 2: 20 rushes 105 yards, 2 TDs

Not to bad for a fullback.

Felton averaged about 10 YPC against GSU last year, the guy is a beast. I was glad Lamb chose not to give it to him 30 times. If he had FU would have likely beat us.

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Felton is clearly in a class by himself and that is why I think he is the best FB in college football, period. The only guy I've saw last year that I would have taken ahead of him as a FB was Lindell White of USC. The SoCon had better be ready in 2006, because Felton will most likely get those 25-to-30 carries per game.

Chi Panther
August 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Chi Panther, any thought at Northern Iowa of moving Whitney Lewis from WR to RB? He played both in high school and excelled at both.

Being reported on www.panthernation.com that Farley said at Media Day today that Whitney Lewis will be playing RB.....

I am surprised by this. Corey Lewis is listed as the starter....a soph out of Nebraska, and also have a very impressive Juco coming in from the Quad Cities.

IF both Lewis's end up sharing time in the back field......will be very difficult to listen over the web/radio.......:confused:

slostang
August 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
Being reported on www.panthernation.com that Farley said at Media Day today that Whitney Lewis will be playing RB.....

I am surprised by this. Corey Lewis is listed as the starter....a soph out of Nebraska, and also have a very impressive Juco coming in from the Quad Cities.

IF both Lewis's end up sharing time in the back field......will be very difficult to listen over the web/radio.......:confused:
I thought they might. It looks like his body has developed into more of a RB than WR. I think you will be impressed when you see him with the ball in his hands. He is explosive.

Black Saturday
August 3rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
One year wonders that I want to see do it again... the future is BRIGHT but the jury might still be out!

How many times have you seen Richardson? He's definitely top 5 in I-AA.
I've been following him since high school. I-A's missed because he qualified late. APP got a steal. Probably ends up behind John Settle in yardage, imo because APP didn't have a QB that could throw it in the ocean when he played. Also, Richardson will produce more receiving yards than any other back in ASU history. If you have seen Richardson play, you would also agree that he is something special with his toughness, balance, speed and football IQ, all that will give him a shot at the next level. Probably you haven't seen him play other than maybe the Furman playoff game and the UNI game. My challenge to you is find a way to see him more often before you say he is a one hit wonder.

fuEMO
August 3rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Felton averaged about 10 YPC against GSU last year, the guy is a beast. I was glad Lamb chose not to give it to him 30 times. If he had FU would have likely beat us.

blueballs, Felton broke his hand during the GSU game and spent a good bit of time getting his hands taped before re-entering the game. He could have a had monster game. I think Bobby relied on Ingle to much in the game.

August 3rd, 2006, 03:42 PM
How many times have you seen Richardson?...I saw more than half the App St games last year and I never challenged his ability. I have met and talked to Kevin as well on several occasions last year. He has one year under his belt and I would like to see another before I name him top five in all of I-AA. How many times did you see Arkee Whitlock, Omar Cuff, Lex Hilliard, Alonzo Coleman, Scott Phaydavong, Clifton Dawson, Steve Baylark, etc. last year? They are less of a questio mark in my book because they have done it over more than one season. Touchy touchy koolaiders!

August 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
... No one-year wonder about it...:rolleyes: A wondrous one year he's had at RB. Like I said, future is BRIGHT (did you miss that part?) but I want to see more than one year of results.
... Laurent Robinson, or Cameron Siskowic of ISU? Eric Sanders of UNI? Kent Shotwell of Cal Poly? Patrick Bugg of EKU? Are they one-year wonders?No, they have all (I assume you meant Kyle Shotwell) have played more than one year in fact most are seniors.

Madison04
August 3rd, 2006, 04:21 PM
It should be noted that Scott Wright of NFLdraftcountdown.com has Alvin Banks of JMU ranked in the Top 15 RB PRO prospects for 2007. I'm inclined to agree.

Mr. C
August 3rd, 2006, 10:27 PM
:rolleyes: A wondrous one year he's had at RB. Like I said, future is BRIGHT (did you miss that part?) but I want to see more than one year of results.No, they have all (I assume you meant Kyle Shotwell) have played more than one year in fact most are seniors.
Kevin Richardson also has two years under his belt. The point is that all of these players had breakout years last year. No need to think that RBs have to prove more in a second year than players at other positions. Richardson is already being viewed as a future NFL performer by scouts. In my book, everything considered, he is in the top five and may be the best combination of running and receiving of that group.

August 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Kevin Richardson also has two years under his belt. The point is that all of these players had breakout years last year. No need to think that RBs have to prove more in a second year than players at other positions. Richardson is already being viewed as a future NFL performer by scouts. In my book, everything considered, he is in the top five and may be the best combination of running and receiving of that group.You named a bunch of seniors and a junior, each had significant contributions in more than one year (none were RBs). Noble and Richardson didn't. That was my point. Can't argue that. xcoffeex

blukeys
August 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
It should be noted that Scott Wright of NFLdraftcountdown.com has Alvin Banks of JMU ranked in the Top 15 RB PRO prospects for 2007. I'm inclined to agree.

Good for Banks, he is a tough hard nosed runner. However the topic is the best 5 RB's of I-AA and every time Banks has been on the same field as Omar Cuff he has been at best the 2nd best back for the day .

Personally, I would take UMass's Blaylark ahead of Banks any day of the week. Banks is at best the 3rd best back in the A-10. My view of him after seeing him in person is that he is not in the top 5 for I-AA.

umassfan
August 4th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Alonzo Coleman of Hampton also has three 1,000-yard seasons (and an incredible 50 career TDs) heading into his senior year.

Clifton Dawson is the current career rushing leader (3,628), with Coleman second (3,606) and Lerron Moore third (3,505). The NCAA is missing two years of single-season data on Moore, so I can't tell you right now if he is also looking for his fourth-straight 1,000-yard season. Baylark is next at 3,372. Baylark is good, but I've always thought a notch below some of the others. He has been more up and down from week to week.
It isnt that he is up and down from week to week. He always plays better in the second half of the season. Last year he ran all season with injuries. We didnt have much depth after our backup went down in week 1.

Brad82
August 4th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Joe Casey of Rhody is best soph. RB in country.

colgate13
August 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM

He's got two All-American sophomores ahead of him right now...

Mr. C
August 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM
James Noble of Cal Poly took his team to the quarterfinals and Jordan Scott of Colgate also played for a playoff team at Colgate. Casey is one of the top FBs in the country (just missed making the I-AA.org All-American team), but he has a ways to go to get to Noble and Scott.

Mr. C
August 4th, 2006, 10:57 AM
You named a bunch of seniors and a junior, each had significant contributions in more than one year (none were RBs). Noble and Richardson didn't. That was my point. Can't argue that. xcoffeex
You totally are missing my point. I wasn't talking about what year of school they were in. You seem to be focusing on that. Richardson and Noble were first-year starters. Shotwell was a first-year starter. Siskowic was a first-year starter. Robinson was a talented underachiever (you've said it yourself) until his breakout season last year. Bugg had his breakout year last season. I just don't think Richardson and Noble have any more to prove than the others, just because they are juniors and sophomores. I know you have a thing for seniors, which in fine. But Noble and Richardson have as much of a track record as these seniors. That's all I'm saying.
:bang:

Mr. C
August 4th, 2006, 11:08 AM
It isnt that he is up and down from week to week. He always plays better in the second half of the season. Last year he ran all season with injuries. We didnt have much depth after our backup went down in week 1.
If you look at Baylark's week-to-week stats, you see a lot of differences in the yardage he gains. Here's last year's breakdown:
Richmond: 30 carries, 124 yards
Colgate: 20 carries, 75 yards
Albany: 18 carries, 77 yards
Rhode Island: 28 carries, 132 yards
Northeastern: 17 carries, 65 yards
James Madison: 19 carries, 57 yards
Maine: 30 carries, 198 yards
New Hampshire: 25 carries, 116 yards
Delaware: 26 carries, 109 yards
Army: 15 carries, 49 yards
Hofstra: 28 carries, 73 yards.

In his sophomore year, he had 100-yard games in four of his final five (80 in the season finale). In his freshman year, he had four 100-yard games in his first five before tailing off. It's just a little less consistency than you see for many of the other top backs.

Chi Panther
August 4th, 2006, 01:33 PM
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060804/SPORTS0207/608040382/1003/SPORTS

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?

Maroon&White
August 4th, 2006, 01:51 PM
It's just a little less consistency than you see for many of the other top backs.

Three years in a row with 1,000+yds is pretty consistent.

August 4th, 2006, 01:57 PM
... Shotwell was a first-year starter. Siskowic was a first-year starter...I have a thing for facts... Shotwell and Siskowic are multiple year starters... so are Arkee Whitlock, Omar Cuff, Lex Hilliard, Alonzo Coleman, Scott Phaydavong, Clifton Dawson, Steve Baylark, etc. Get my point? xcoffeex

DuckDuckGriz
August 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I am a homer -- but I really honestly think that it's Lex Hilliard and everyone else. He has an authoritive runningback that will bust through your linebackers and build up speed down the sidelines. Also people are forgetting that the Griz will also have Lousville transfer Reggie Bradshaw -- noted as one of the fastest players for the Cardinals last year. With the combination of speed in Bradshaw and power in Hilliard, Montana's running tandem has the potential to be scary. It depends partially on the OLine and staying healthy.

Saint3333
August 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Stats:

Rushing
1433 yards 5.4 ypc 19 TD

Recieving
52 catches 558 yards, 10.4 ypr 2 TD

ONE o-linemen on the two deep roster graduated and ASU could be more of a run first type team. KR will be the third Payton Finalist in a row from ASU.

PaladinFan
August 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Bit early to talk about Payton finalists yet. I am anxious to see how Richardson does without #7 in the backfield. Elder may be a promising QB, but he does not demand near the respect or attention yet that Williams was able to take off the rest of his team.

In years past he has not been the focal point of opponent's defenses. I'm anxious to see how he handles being the "center of attention."

August 4th, 2006, 03:50 PM
... I am anxious to see how Richardson does... I'm anxious to see how he handles being the "center of attention."SACRILEGE!!! CALL THE EXECUTIONER!! xlolx xlolx

I-AA Fan
August 4th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I am a homer -- but I really honestly think that it's Lex Hilliard and everyone else. He has an authoritive runningback that will bust through your linebackers and build up speed down the sidelines. Also people are forgetting that the Griz will also have Lousville transfer Reggie Bradshaw -- noted as one of the fastest players for the Cardinals last year. With the combination of speed in Bradshaw and power in Hilliard, Montana's running tandem has the potential to be scary. It depends partially on the OLine and staying healthy.

I think the word 'authoritative' is a good choice ...he has good vison. However, although this may always be the case ... when it comes to RB's, I really do not even think about BSC or SWAC backs. Their styles of offense dictate LB's to play back & corners to play out & back (many times beyond 10-yards). Also, D-lines will play spread. Basically they run again DE's until they hit about 5-10 yards. Not to sound insulting, I just think you need to to see these people match up against some more diverse defensive schemes when truly judging an RB.

Bisonforlife
August 4th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I think the word 'authoritative' is a good choice ...he has good vison. However, although this may always be the case ... when it comes to RB's, I really do not even think about BSC or SWAC backs. Their styles of offense dictate LB's to play back & corners to play out & back (many times beyond 10-yards). Also, D-lines will play spread. Basically they run again DE's until they hit about 5-10 yards. Not to sound insulting, I just think you need to to see these people match up against some more diverse defensive schemes when truly judging an RB.

What kind of crap is that? The defensive schemes are decided on by what the offense is doing not by a particular conference. xidiotx

Mr. C
August 4th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I have a thing for facts... Shotwell and Siskowic are multiple year starters... so are Arkee Whitlock, Omar Cuff, Lex Hilliard, Alonzo Coleman, Scott Phaydavong, Clifton Dawson, Steve Baylark, etc. Get my point? xcoffeex
Sorry to do this to you pal, but you said you had a thing for facts. Fact, Shotwell replaced Jordan Beck at LB last season. Shotwell did not start until last season. The NCAA stats credit him with ZERO tackles in 2003-2004. Same with Siskowic in the NCAA stats. Siskowic's only stats are a safety he scored against Eastern Illinois in 2003 and one punt return. Richardson and Cuff have about the same number of starts in their first two seasons. Noble, of course, was a freshman last year, so he didn't have any opportunities before then. You still are not getting my point. There is no logical reason, outside of the possibility of injury, to think that Noble and Richardson won't light it up again in 2006.

Mr. C
August 4th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I have a thing for facts... Shotwell and Siskowic are multiple year starters... so are Arkee Whitlock, Omar Cuff, Lex Hilliard, Alonzo Coleman, Scott Phaydavong, Clifton Dawson, Steve Baylark, etc. Get my point? xcoffeex
Sorry to do this to you pal, but you said you had a thing for facts. Fact, Shotwell replaced Jordan Beck at LB last season. Shotwell did not start until last season. The NCAA stats credit him with ZERO tackles in 2003-2004. Same with Siskowic in the NCAA stats. Siskowic's only stats are a safety he scored against Eastern Illinois in 2003 and one punt return. Richardson and Cuff have about the same number of starts in their first two seasons. Noble, of course, was a freshman last year, so he didn't have any opportunities before then. You still are not getting my point. There is no logical reason, outside of the possibility of injury (which all players have), to think that Noble and Richardson won't light it up again in 2006.

August 4th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Sorry to do this to you pal, but you said you had a thing for facts. Fact, Shotwell replaced Jordan Beck at LB last season. Shotwell did not start until last season. The NCAA stats credit him with ZERO tackles in 2003-2004. Same with Siskowic in the NCAA stats. Siskowic's only stats are a safety he scored against Eastern Illinois in 2003 and one punt return... You still are not getting my point. There is no logical reason, outside of the possibility of injury (which all players have), to think that Noble and Richardson won't light it up again in 2006.1. I never said there was a reason they would not "light it up" in fact I used the word BRIGHT a number of times. Don't get this into me hating on Noble or Richardson.

2. Facts ...

Shotwell:
2005 -- Buck Buchanan Award candidate ... shattered school record for tackles in a season with 158, held for one year by Jordan Beck
2004 -- Started the final nine games and played in all 11 as a sophomore whip linebacker ... 88 total tackles, second on the team behind Jordan Beck
2003 -- Played all 11 games as a redshirt freshman and recorded 24 total tackles, including 13 unassisted stops

Siskowic:
2005: Started all 11 games at outside linebacker ... led the team and conference in total tackles
2004: Started 10 games and played in all 11 ... ranked second on the team in tackles behind Boomer Grigsby
2003: Played in 11 games, all as a reserve ... blocked a punt at Eastern Illinois that forced a game-tying safety ... logged a season-high four tackles in the opener against Drake ... tallied three stops at Illinois and again against Truman State.

Noble started zero games before last year and Richardson started one. They are awesome but I want to see another year out them before they make my top five... there are too many other great backs this year. That is my point.

Mr. C
August 4th, 2006, 06:10 PM
By the same token, give me some credit here too. Where did you get your stats? Off the team web sites? Like I said, the NCAA career records for those players are SIGNIFICANTLY different than what you have listed.

August 4th, 2006, 06:26 PM
By the same token, give me some credit here too. Where did you get your stats? Off the team web sites? Like I said, the NCAA career records for those players are SIGNIFICANTLY different than what you have listed.I give you credit but NCAA stats come from teams. My stuff came directly from the team bios. I looked at the NCAA website and it is obviously wrong. How can two players (Shot and Sisk) start nearly every game in 2004, be standouts, play in nearly every game in 2003, but ... this is hopeless. I think you got my point. Let's see Noble and Richardson have healthy and super years. Both are great kids and a couple of the best backs in I-AA. xcoffeex

(folks, Mr. C and I work together and we go round and round on stuff sometimes xlolx)

Umass74
August 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
If you look at Baylark's week-to-week stats, you see a lot of differences in the yardage he gains. Here's last year's breakdown:
Richmond: 30 carries, 124 yards
Colgate: 20 carries, 75 yards
Albany: 18 carries, 77 yards
Rhode Island: 28 carries, 132 yards
Northeastern: 17 carries, 65 yards
James Madison: 19 carries, 57 yards
Maine: 30 carries, 198 yards
New Hampshire: 25 carries, 116 yards
Delaware: 26 carries, 109 yards
Army: 15 carries, 49 yards
Hofstra: 28 carries, 73 yards.

In his sophomore year, he had 100-yard games in four of his final five (80 in the season finale). In his freshman year, he had four 100-yard games in his first five before tailing off. It's just a little less consistency than you see for many of the other top backs.

Couple of things about Baylark last year. We lost both starting OT's for the season during training camp. Both were fifth year seniors and one was a UMass Captain. Baylark would have had better numbers if those guys had been playing in front of him...

In the Colgate game, UMass had eight turnovers. Once Coen got in the game we threw almost every down.

We beat Albany 40-0. The subs played most of the second half.

Rhode Island, Northeastern and JMU were all played in the mud. There was not much offense being played by anyone.

If we stay healthy this year, I think Baylark will be in contention for the top rusher in the A10.

mikebigg
August 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
I like Grambling's Ab Kuuan...he doesn't jump out with monster numbers but he was an afterthought in the Grambling offense. The season when Bruce was out, Spears finally shifted the focus to Kuuan and the ground game late in the season. Kuuan carried us to a winning record and ended the Bayou Classic Drought. His numbers last year weren't bad...his ypc was over 5. Good back...under utilized.

Obzerver
August 4th, 2006, 07:54 PM
All the attention in the Big Sky Conference is focused on Lex H. from Montana(rightfully so). Don't be surprised if Ryan Cole from Eastern Washington has more carries and more yards at the end of the season. EWU will be a run oriented team this year behind one of the best O-Lines(two All-Americans) in the nation.

Tod
August 4th, 2006, 08:54 PM
All the attention in the Big Sky Conference is focused on Lex H. from Montana(rightfully so). Don't be surprised if Ryan Cole from Eastern Washington has more carries and more yards at the end of the season. EWU will be a run oriented team this year behind one of the best O-Lines(two All-Americans) in the nation.

Gotta agree with you there. Cole is good, and EWU has been producing some great O-linemen (not to mention the all-American lists that list them).

Another thing that might hurt Lex in the total-yardage area is that I suspect we'll have a really strong passing attack this year. Of course, that could help Lex a lot, too. :confused: It's just a matter of wait-and-see.

If EWU comes out with a great passing game (which it's assumed they won't because of the recent graduations from your feeble passing attack :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ), that might just open up more yardage for Cole too.

I always have a hard time with the passing/rushing thing. I good balance works in favor. I think Lex would have done a lot more last year if our passing had been better.

PantherRob82
August 5th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Just talent. No one-year wonder about it. Do you call players at positions other than RB one-year wonders? How about Laurent Robinson, or Cameron Siskowic of ISU? Eric Sanders of UNI? Kyle Shotwell of Cal Poly? Patrick Bugg of EKU? Are they one-year wonders? They all broke on the scene last season, too.

sanders is a currently a 2 year wonder.

PantherRob82
August 5th, 2006, 01:20 PM
i could see Corey Lewis or Whitney Lewis putting up big #'s for UNI if we didn't run a 2 back system.

slostang
August 5th, 2006, 01:36 PM
1. I never said there was a reason they would not "light it up" in fact I used the word BRIGHT a number of times. Don't get this into me hating on Noble or Richardson.

Noble started zero games before last year and Richardson started one. They are awesome but I want to see another year out them before they make my top five... there are too many other great backs this year. That is my point.
ralph, I am glad that you will get to see James Noble in person Oct. 7th when you make the Cal Poly/UC Davis game. I agree that there are a lot of backs out there that have produce over multiple seasons and you have to give them the nod, but I feel that if James stays healthy he has the talent to put up unbelieveable numbers before he graduates. He is definately top five talent.

Ronbo
August 5th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Last weigh-in had Lex Hilliard at 245 lbs and very little body fat. One of the O-Linemen told me Lex is built like a Greek God. He should be hard to stop but because we have Lex, Reggie Bradshaw, and Greg Coleman, Lex won't get enough carries to rank in the top ten. Also we will be a pass first Offense and use the run to set up the pass. So even though Lex might be a top running back he won't put up the numbers to catch anyone's attention. I'll say he ends the season at #12 or so on the rushing list.

MarkCCU
August 5th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Keep an eye out for Perk! ANDRES PERKINS is our "Bus" when he's in the red zone. The problem has been getting him there (see ASU game), but hopefully the new receiving corps (Simpson, Anderson, Cannon, and McKinnon) will cure that little problem.

Tubby Raymond
August 5th, 2006, 03:33 PM

Developed a chronic case of fat and lazy :nod: with no prospect of getting any carries and he exited stage left of his own accord, with a year of eligibility left I believe.

Ronbo
August 5th, 2006, 03:40 PM

Well, I agree on the BSC Defenses typically. But in 2005 Lex faced 7-8 in the box game in and game out and still rushed for over 1300 yards. He rushed for over 200 on Cal Poly's excellent LB's.

Watch Lex as a Soph. against the #1 rushing Defense in the Country. 14 carries, 171 yards, 4 TD's.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/2004_Audio_V/first_half_nsu.wmv

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/2004_Audio_V/second_half_nsu.wmv

The Gadfly
August 5th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Keep an eye out for Perk! ANDRES PERKINS is our "Bus" when he's in the red zone. The problem has been getting him there (see ASU game), but hopefully the new receiving corps (Simpson, Anderson, Cannon, and McKinnon) will cure that little problem.

:hurray: PERK!!!:hurray:

http://www.coastal.edu/advancement/dream/athletics/images/football.jpg

Mr. C
August 5th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Perkins was one of the more impressive CCU players when the Chanticleers played at App State last year. He was much more effective in that game than Hall was.

GrizFoo
August 5th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Well, I agree on the BSC Defenses typically. But in 2005 Lex faced 7-8 in the box game in and game out and still rushed for over 1300 yards. He rushed for over 200 on Cal Poly's excellent LB's.

Watch Lex as a Soph. against the #1 rushing Defense in the Country. 14 carries, 171 yards, 4 TD's.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/2004_Audio_V/first_half_nsu.wmv

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/2004_Audio_V/second_half_nsu.wmv

No doubt Ronbo. Lex on any other team that actually had any kind of run mindedness (sounds good) would have stats that match his talent. Those videos show just how he has to earn his yards. He doesn't get to line up and down hill thru a hole like a Portland State RB. Lex is lined up running out of a spread set and shotgun half the time. And he is a 235 pound hard charging RB, not a little shift back. It makes what he does even more amazing in my book.

GreatAppSt
August 5th, 2006, 06:34 PM
(folks, Mr. C and I work together and we go round and round on stuff sometimes xlolx)

Ahh! A Circle J%$#, with reach around. We undersand now.xlolx xlolx xlolx

fuEMO
August 5th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I can be a homer… and I realize that Cedrick Gipson has been a backup for his first two seasons. But I'm surprised that he's not on the radar anywhere. Mr. C, APP, and GSU fans I would love to have your take on Gipson.

After two seasons as a backup in a three tailback rotation Cedrick has quitely rushed for 1,458 yards in only 248 attempts. Last season Carter, Gipson and Mays combined for 2,056 yards rushing. With Gray at QB, its no secret Furman plans to run the option. The last time Furman ran more than 2-3 options a game was when Justin Hill was under center and Furman had a tailback named Louis Ivory. You might say Gipson is no Ivory, Louis had exceptional balance with above average football speed but he was a terrible receiver. I don't know what to expect but I don't think I'm being unrealistic thinking Furman should have Felton with over 1,000 yards Gipson around 1,300 and Gray around 500.

PaladinFan
August 5th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I think that is realistic assessment. Richardson at ASU is hands down the best tailback going into the season, but I think Ced Gipson will turn some heads this year.

If you take the carries that last year were disseminated between Gipson, Felton, Mays, and Carter, then those numbers won't be too unrealistic. Felton was over 900 yrds last season and will undboutedly see more carries this year. This might be the first time Furman has a "feature back" in 4 years or so (Hindley Brigham).

umassfan
August 5th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I think that is realistic assessment. Richardson at ASU is hands down the best tailback going into the season, but I think Ced Gipson will turn some heads this year.

If you take the carries that last year were disseminated between Gipson, Felton, Mays, and Carter, then those numbers won't be too unrealistic. Felton was over 900 yrds last season and will undboutedly see more carries this year. This might be the first time Furman has a "feature back" in 4 years or so (Hindley Brigham).
No way Richardson is hands down the best back going into the season. Maybe best back in the SOCON but not overall.

blukeys
August 6th, 2006, 12:16 AM
No way Richardson is hands down the best back going into the season. Maybe best back in the SOCON but not overall.

I have to agree. There are too many great backs in I-AA this year to label Richardson as the best overall.

Wait, I'm agreeing with umassfan. This has to be a first!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ISUMatt
August 6th, 2006, 09:31 AM
In mot saying hes Top 5 but watch out for Illinois State's PIERRE REMBERT..with teams trying to lock dow Laurent Robinson, Rembert could have a HUGE season

Ram Ball
August 27th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I don't know where he fits in among the best, but Soph. Joe Casey at Rhody is just about the only reason for us to be excited about the upcoming year...

skinny_uncle
August 27th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I'll bet Arkee draws the most NFL scouts. He has been on their radar since they saw him teamed with Brandon Jacobs (now with the NY Giants) in 2004.