PDA

View Full Version : Wofford @ App

Saint3333
October 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Roll call who is coming?

This game will essentially end one teams race for the SoCon crown. 55 and sunny with a little color left on the trees, should be a great weekend to visit the mountains. Drive safe Terriers.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 14th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Roll call who is coming?

This game will essentially end one teams race for the SoCon crown. 55 and sunny with a little color left on the trees, should be a great weekend to visit the mountains. Drive safe Terriers.

The loser of this game almost certainly won't win the title outright, but can still get into a three-way tie.

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Wow...a lot riding on this game for both teams. We have to forget the GSU game quickly and get some guys healthy quickly as well. KBS is the toughest venue to visit in the SoCon (at least for Wofford), so we will have to bring our A+ game. I know App says they've struggled at times this year, but they are still App. I expect more points on the board than in the GSU game, as App doesn't typically defend the option quite as well as GSU did, and Wofford sometimes struggles to stop the pass. If we can avoid penalties and turnovers I think we have a shot. And a lot depends on the health of EB as well...he was limping some last night and we'll need him to heel quickly. But I expect him to be 100% for his homecoming game and to bounce back for a subpar performance at GSU. I'll make a homer pick and say 31-24 Wofford. Hey, you gotta have confidence!

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 14th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Bought my tickets last night-glad it's at the Rock. We probably need at least a split with Wofford and GSU for an at large playoff bid and if we can stop their running game like GSU did we should pull off the win. In any event, our passing attack will give them a lot more trouble this week than they faced against the Eagles.

gsu2583
October 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I'll make a homer pick and say 31-24 Wofford. Hey, you gotta have confidence!

Nothing wrong with that. I will pick Woffie for the road win as well. App is coming off a tough win on the road. I think they will suffer a little let down, while Wofford wants redemption. Had this weekend gone differently, my pick would be different.

gsu_paintballer
October 14th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I have a feeling Wofford gets the road win as well.

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Wouldnt surprise me. Half of our #1s are on the sidelines for the season or extended time. There isnt any depth left, and this is looking more and more like a freshman team. Any App wins in the next few weeks should be considered upsets. For all of the adversity though, these guys have been able to pull out a 5-2 and 3-1 record, which gives me hope for some wins.

dungeonjoe
October 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
It will be a great game with a great game day atmosphere.

asumike83
October 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Wouldnt surprise me. Half of our #1s are on the sidelines for the season or extended time. There isnt any depth left, and this is looking more and more like a freshman team. Any App wins in the next few weeks should be considered upsets. For all of the adversity though, these guys have been able to pull out a 5-2 and 3-1 record, which gives me hope for some wins.

We didn't lose anyone else yesterday did we? I know Blair made it back out there, not sure what happened with Chisholm.

ASU_Fanatic
October 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I can't pick against App in a huge game at home. They know exactly what they're playing for and they're gonna get it done, 27-24

ASUG8
October 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM

Step away from the ledge, Onion. xrotatehx You make it sound like we've got nothing going for us.

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Step away from the ledge, Onion. xrotatehx You make it sound like we've got nothing going for us.

Not so much of a ledge, maybe a high step. Ultra talented, ultra young, there are worse problems to have.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hoping for a good game next week. One trend of the away team winning so many consecutive games in the GSU vs Wofford rivalry was broken yesterday. Let's hope another trend of Wofford playing poorly at the Rock is broken as well.

I like our chances this week more than last, especially with a banged up App state defensive team. with that said, it is played at the Rock, and I'm unsure about the injury status of our team, though Niam should be back this week (which is huge).

Even though it sucks to lose against GSU, our defense played pretty well. Offense has to pick it up this week.

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I dont know that any of woffies opponents thus far give any insight at all into the App/Woff game. The App run D has been a strong point, even with losses, the secondary has been improving, and has now started the same players for 3 or 4 consecutive games. On defense, early on at Montana we had problems bringing their 235 lb beast of a RB down, had plenty of hands on him, just couldnt get him down. If EB can do the same we're in trouble.

As for offense, GSU beat woffie without throwing a pass. Meanwhile App is ~ top 10 in pass offense, and has 4 Wrs that could play nearly anywhere in the FCS.

smallcollegefbfan
October 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hoping for a good game next week. One trend of the away team winning so many consecutive games in the GSU vs Wofford rivalry was broken yesterday. Let's hope another trend of Wofford playing poorly at the Rock is broken as well.

I like our chances this week more than last, especially with a banged up App state defensive team. with that said, it is played at the Rock, and I'm unsure about the injury status of our team, though Niam should be back this week (which is huge).

Even though it sucks to lose against GSU, our defense played pretty well. Offense has to pick it up this week.

Having Niam back is huge. I told a lot of people if he plays you beat GSU and if he doesn't you don't. If he is 100% this week that personnel change is one of the 2-3 things that would definitely decide who I picked to win this game. He's so key for you guys in the middle and could have been a difference maker in the GSU game.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Having Niam back is huge. I told a lot of people if he plays you beat GSU and if he doesn't you don't. If he is 100% this week that personnel change is one of the 2-3 things that would definitely decide who I picked to win this game. He's so key for you guys in the middle and could have been a difference maker in the GSU game.

I don't know. He's really good and perhaps even NFL talent, but he's been out for so many games that we've had to learn to play without him and I wouldn't say that the backups are bad either.

Saint3333
October 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I dont know that any of woffies opponents thus far give any insight at all into the App/Woff game. The App run D has been a strong point, even with losses, the secondary has been improving, and has now started the same players for 3 or 4 consecutive games. On defense, early on at Montana we had problems bringing their 235 lb beast of a RB down, had plenty of hands on him, just couldnt get him down. If EB can do the same we're in trouble.

As for offense, GSU beat woffie without throwing a pass. Meanwhile App is ~ top 10 in pass offense, and has 4 Wrs that could play nearly anywhere in the FCS.

Rush defense? That Citadel game wasn't a good showing. We don't have a dominate Dline like we have in the past that may be the difference in the game.

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Rush defense? That Citadel game wasn't a good showing. We don't have a dominate Dline like we have in the past that may be the difference in the game.

1 game does not a season make. It took 2 triple O games last year to get to the point where we defended it well, then we shut down GSU. The defense is consistantly making tackles for loss in the run game. TFL totaled over -60 yards against Samford yesterday. If our secondary were stronger, I believe the run D would be pretty darn good. Our safety spot needs some shoring up though.

T-Dog
October 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Wofford's dead.

smallcollegefbfan
October 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I don't know. He's really good and perhaps even NFL talent, but he's been out for so many games that we've had to learn to play without him and I wouldn't say that the backups are bad either.

That is true. It's just in FCS depth is so crucial. App has taken so many hits that they simply don't have the depth to make it far in the playoffs and may get worn down as the season goes, especially if more go down. Having Niam back is huge due to depth. If App doesn't lose Blair for they year and they don't take anymore injuries they should be okay but I don't think they could even take much more of losing players for the season. I went back and looked at what their defense would be had they not dismissed players and had not been hit by the injury bug and App would be 3 deep at some positions right now. Blalock, who has been a liability for them in coverage, would not be starting, and they would have Middleton, Tanyi, and McDuffie all playing, which would make a huge difference. Injuries and lack of depth are the two biggest factors in who is still standing in the end when it comes to FCS because of the scholarship limits.

asumike83
October 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Blair came back in yesterday. He was in on both big stops on 2nd/3rd and 1 that got App the ball back for the final drive. He should be ready to go.

proasu89
October 14th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Roll call who is coming?

Me + 3 in Row S 111.

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I might come up if things go as planned and our McGuire outage is over Friday and we have the weekend off before heading to the Oconee Nuclear Station. At worst, I will have a beautiful ride up and see some great scenery. I'm sure the leaves are very colorful up there now.

GlassOnion
October 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Tanyi, Wray, Rizor, McDuffie, Blackmon, Middleton, Duece, Dufort, Acey all gone or out. Did I miss any? Add that to Chisholm's 5 week injury, Lamm's concussion, Price and Lott's 2 game suspension, Rodger walkers' extended illness, and Thomas Bronson, who was a starting DT, is limited in playing time and will need surgery after the season.

whoanellie
October 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Niedmeyer's Dead

Wofford's dead.

T-Dog
October 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Here's my reasoning. You know that 6'5" receiver we had that terrorized Wofford for three years before our idiot committee forgot he existed last year?

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics22/640/GO/GOOBDJXUCPPRKWJ.20091017212836.jpg

Well he's done graduated and is playing on Sundays. Wofford fans must be relieved that their five-foot-nothing backs don't have to deal with him anymore. right?

Wrong Ned Flanders! We a got a new 6'5" receiver! And he's a freshman! And he's better!

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/WV/WVAYBDUAXOMQCMX.20121013232500.jpg

Go Apps
October 14th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I will be there along with the family to see what happens

eaglesrthe1
October 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Here's my reasoning. You know that 6'5" receiver we had that terrorized Wofford for three years before our idiot committee forgot he existed last year?

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics22/640/GO/GOOBDJXUCPPRKWJ.20091017212836.jpg

Well he's done graduated and is playing on Sundays. Wofford fans must be relieved that their five-foot-nothing backs don't have to deal with him anymore. right?

Wrong Ned Flanders! We a got a new 6'5" receiver! And he's a freshman! And he's better!

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/WV/WVAYBDUAXOMQCMX.20121013232500.jpg

Assuming that you're talking about the second photo. Looks to me that everyone in that picture is 6'-5", if the receiver is.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Assuming that you're talking about the second photo. Looks to me that everyone in that picture is 6'-5", if the receiver is.

Perspective-how in the hell does that work?

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM
This is just me, but I don't think it's a wise move to say any player is better than a 4 year starter at the position he played.....as a freshmen. That's just dumb hype, that may or may not be true.

PhillyApp1
October 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
This is just me, but I don't think it's a wise move to say any player is better than a 4 year starter at the position he played.....as a freshmen. That's just dumb hype, that may or may not be true.

Young Terier..confuscious say: not dumb hype when you read his stats in his first four games !!!

gsu_paintballer
October 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Agreed 100%

asujch
October 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Wrong Ned Flanders! We a got a new 6'5" receiver! And he's a freshman! And he's on pace to be as good/better than Quick!![/img]

FIFY

appstate38
October 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
It said earlier that the Apps don't defend the option well. At times that may be true, but when playing Wofford in KBS its been a different story all together. I will take the home team.

T-Dog
October 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah I meant to write "better than Quick was as a freshman", which is absolutely true.

woffordgrad94
October 14th, 2012, 06:11 PM

If I were any Simpsons character, I sure the hel-diddley-ell wouldn't be Ned ****ing Flanders. I'd be Homer Simpson. I work in a nuclear power plant and I love doughnuts. And I won't be saying "D'oh!" after the game. No siree Bob! I'll be saying "Woo-Hoo!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTo4131W2dA

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 14th, 2012, 07:05 PM
As a freshman, no doubt, he is much further along than quick, but he still has a long way to go, when we don't get him involved early in the game, he tends to disappear, and he doesnt fight aggressively for the football all the time. Still, these are all things that will be fixed, and he is the second best wr in the SC after Mallette. As he matures, he is going to be a beast by his Junior year, wouldn't surprise me to see him break every App receiving record.

appsfan
October 14th, 2012, 07:57 PM
My crew will be at the Rock as usual. While I hope App wins this game, my feeling is that Wofford will triple option us to death Saturday unless they put the ball on the ground a couple times. Anyway, this type of game is fun with the winner is in good shape for the playoffs and keeps their SoCon title hopes alive. The loser, well, not so good...

boonegoon
October 14th, 2012, 08:14 PM
My concern is this: I'm not sure what our first quarter stats are but we seem to be getting out of the gate super slow. It seems like it takes us a few series to get moving and maybe for the coaches to make the right adjustments. If we have a couple three and outs to start the game, we are going to be playing catch up against a ball control offense. Even in our blow out of them on Halloween we didn't stop them from moving the ball. We have to make them play catch up and make them feel like they have to keep up.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I agree, we can't seem to get the offense going until late in the first quater. Wouldn't be so bad if we would at least pick up 2 or 3 first downs every possession and eat up 3 or 4 minutes of the clock, but instead it's 3 plays punt. Do that against Wofford, with their ball control offense, and we are in big trouble

GSUEagle08
October 14th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I believe Wofford wins this one in a high scoring game (something like 45-42). Breitenstein will have a huge day after struggling at GSU.

biggie
October 14th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Comes down to if App has made the adjustments for the TO. Or if Woff gets the cold/butter fingers they sometimes get at the Rock.

I should make it, love some good fall weather in Boone.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 14th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I feel better about this game than I did about Samford. After the Citt disaster, gotta feel the players are alittle embarrassed and wont let that happen again. Wofford, for whatever reason, keeps getting blown out when they come to Boone, just think we got their number at home.

AppMAN04
October 14th, 2012, 11:24 PM
We need to score first and to be honest on our first few possessions. Keep the momentum that we are already going to have being that we are at home. I hate the T.O, because in the past we have not defended it well. Should be a great day in Boone and the little dogs always have a hard time playing there.

Yosef 38
Scrappy 30

crabby terrier
October 15th, 2012, 03:35 AM
I have never been to Boone for a game. Coming Saturday with 3-4 frat brothers! Looking forward to the visit! Sounds like it will be perfect football weather.

GO TERRIERS!!!

StorminASU
October 15th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I have never been to Boone for a game. Coming Saturday with 3-4 frat brothers! Looking forward to the visit! Sounds like it will be perfect football weather.

GO TERRIERS!!!

Oh boy, Wofford Frat guys are coming! haha

Sit in the endzone with the rest of the khakis crew and you'll feel right at home; you'll even have room to lie down before halftime. It'll be quiet enough there to nap too probably.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
agree 100% we have got to atleast move the ball and eat up some clock in the first quater, we have been real lucky not to get our asses handed to us against Chatt, Elon, and Samford . We didn't pick up a first down against Samford until about 6 minutes left in the first quater, I was starting to worry if we would get a first down for the entire game!!! I think one of the problems is SS seems to hesistant to call passing plays in the middle of the field teams know this and are double covering the outside, bringing up the linebackers to stop the run, and basically daring us to throw the ball deep over the middle. We have gotten away with it so far, but if we are going to have a shot at beating Wofford and GS, he is going to have to trust JJ and the receivers and take some shots in the middle of the field.

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM

Sit in the endzone with the rest of the khakis crew and you'll feel right at home; you'll even have room to lie down before halftime. It'll be quiet enough there to nap too probably.

Bro, it's totes hazing when you spill beer all over my Vineyard Vines. Not cool, bro.

DPASU
October 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Bro, it's totes hazing when you spill beer all over my Vineyard Vines. Not cool, bro.

Bro, thats cray cray.

SpeedkingATL
October 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
App is having to play ALOT of really young guys that have little experience against the option. I believe the offense better really open things up to keep up with Wofford on the scoreboard. That said the rush defense has looked pretty good since the Citdog beatdown so maybe they will be better than I think against another option team. Glad the game is at The Rock.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 09:20 AM

There are so many comments I could say to this.....none of which I feel are appropriate :D

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM
There are so many comments I could say to this.....none of which I feel are appropriate :D

Should I make a "make fun of frat douches" thread in the lounge?

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Should I make a "make fun of frat douches" thread in the lounge?

Don't knock em til you try em. 40% percent of the Wofford population is Greek.

WataugaDave
October 15th, 2012, 09:34 AM

How unfortunate.

I can't be at the game, sadly. I have to be in Nashtyville.

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Not surprising. If colleges had corporate sponsors, Wofford would represent Summer's Eve.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Not surprising. If colleges has corporate sponsors, Wofford would represent Summer's Eve.

Actually we do. It's called the Carolina Panthers. Try again, you jelly.

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Actually we do. It's called the Carolina Panthers. Try again, you jelly.

As a Panthers fan, I can honestly say you might have better luck with the douche company. Yes we Cam? No we Cam'nt.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM
As a Panthers fan, I can honestly say you might have better luck with the douche company. Yes we Cam? No we Cam'nt.

I honestly don't give a **** how good of a team they are, what's important is that I can't hear your criticism over the sound of the $$$

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I honestly don't give a **** how good of a team they are, what's important is that I can't hear your criticism over the sound of the $$$

Herein lies the reason you are able to be competitive despite your high school size and fan support. Good for you.

blueballs
October 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM

It wouldn't have mattered because Wofford's offense was in a bad matchup against GSU's defense. GSU's defense was faster and more physical than Wofford's offense and that was the difference in that game- nothing more.

GaSouthern
October 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Dis gon be good.gif

eaglesrthe1
October 15th, 2012, 09:53 AM

GO TERRIERS!!!

Just make sure you don't sit behind the guy I sat behind last year at the ASU-GSU game. In his 50's, missing a front tooth. Every play that ASU made he would jump up, turn around and do a hulk pose and shout "Whooo-Hooo"! Followed by a "how do you like dem dere apples"... like he just lowered the boom and stopped me for no gain. Irritated the hell out of me.

Gotta say tho, when GSU had the back to back sacks and I leaned down about 3 inches from his ear hole and gave him a "dem dere apples" at the top of my lungs, he took it as well as he gave it. So it was ok after that.

On the whole, he just had a lot more fun than I did seeing how the game turned out.

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Just make sure you don't sit behind the guy I sat behind last year at the ASU-GSU game. In his 50's, missing a front tooth. Every play that ASU made he would jump up, turn around and do a hulk pose and shout "Whooo-Hooo"! Followed by a "how do you like dem dere apples"... like he just lowered the boom and stopped me for no gain. Irritated the hell out of me.

Gotta say tho, when GSU had the back to back sacks and I leaned down about 3 inches from his ear hole and gave him a "dem dere apples" at the top of my lungs, he took it as well as he gave it. So it was ok after that.

On the whole, he just had a lot more fun than I did seeing how the game turned out.

Were you in that group of drunk obnoxious Stink fans in the endzone seats trying to start fights with EVERY SINGLE App fan you encountered? I can't believe those guys didn't get thrown out.

Pretty sure you're lying about the guy missing a tooth. I've never seen a stereotypical mountain man with bad teeth at an Appalachian game and I haven't missed a home game since my freshman year in 2007.

eaglesrthe1
October 15th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Were you in that group of drunk obnoxious Stink fans in the endzone seats trying to start fights with EVERY SINGLE App fan you encountered? I can't believe those guys didn't get thrown out.

Pretty sure you're lying about the guy missing a tooth. I've never seen a stereotypical mountain man with bad teeth at an Appalachian game and I haven't missed a home game since my freshman year in 2007.

Honest to God truth. I'd have traded 3 losses for a GSU win that day, just so I could have rubbed his hillbilly nose in it.
Really, he wasn't cursing or trying to pick a fight or anything. He just spent too much time thinking that the game was being played behind him for my taste.

Apphole
October 15th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Honest to God truth. I'd have traded 3 losses for a GSU win that day, just so I could have rubbed his hillbilly nose in it.
Really, he wasn't cursing or trying to pick a fight or anything. He just spent too much time thinking that the game was being played behind him for my taste.

Well I apologize for the fool if that was the case. Definitely not typical. No way he was an alum. Mostly, the only people that obnoxious at our games are college kids that can't handle their booze.

eaglesrthe1
October 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Well I apologize for the fool if that was the case. Definitely not typical. No way he was an alum. Mostly, the only people that obnoxious at our games are college kids that can't handle their booze.

Appology not necessary. I was just trying to paint a funny picture in my first post, not complaining so much. I've been to Boone several times, I know he wasn't typical.

WataugaDave
October 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Appology not necessary. I was just trying to paint a funny picture in my first post, not complaining so much. I've been to Boone several times, I know he wasn't typical.

Probably someone from "down the mountain," Boone locals tend to be less 'hillbilly' and more just 'southern redneck' like you'd find in any city in the south. But on my recent drive to Asheville I had to stop in the town of Marion twice. People there were...interesting.

gsu2583
October 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Just outside of the "Stink" is a town called "Hopulikit." Just let your imagination run with that.

What time is the game? Audio/Video feed?

Go Apps
October 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Think ASU needs a couple of key turnovers by Wofford to stay in this game and stop their passing ASU needs to get a double digit lead and put the pressure on Wofford - have to stop BERN!!! App could not close the deal last year at Woffy but was in the game... We are very young and many starters missing I have to say that I am stunned we have been able to win - we have the offense to stay in it -

Some Key Stats to Think about...

ASU avg 267 passing per game - Wofford allows 205 game

Wofford avg 57 pass pg - ASU allows 252 pg

Wofford rushes for 410 pg - ASU allows 166

ASU rushes for 197 pg - Woffy allows 101

Tot Off pg ASU 464 - Woffy 468

Punting ASU 38 avg - Woffy 33 avg

Past Opponents..Woffy - GSU, Elon, Gardner Webb, Lincoln, WCU, Furman

ASU - Elon, ECU, Montana, Samford, Citadel, Coastal, UTC

All comes down to the running game vs the pass game and can ASU not allow Woffy to start throwing..if they can stop that they can focus on the option but we see how the citadel game went -give the edge to Woffy and Bern - how did we not get him again?????????

T-Dog
October 15th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Wofford's dead. :D

WataugaDave
October 15th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Just outside of the "Stink" is a town called "Hopulikit." Just let your imagination run with that.

Just outside of Boone are the bustling communities of Meat Camp and Deep Gap.

What time is the game? Audio/Video feed?

The game is at 3:30. I know that GoASU.com has a free audio feed, you need a paid subscription for video however.

gsu2583
October 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Just outside of Boone are the bustling communities of Meat Camp and Deep Gap.

The game is at 3:30. I know that GoASU.com has a free audio feed, you need a paid subscription for video however.

Thanks!

cbarrier90
October 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I honestly don't give a **** how good of a team they are

And I'm honestly starting to believe Mr. Richardson doesn't either xbangx

Skjellyfetti
October 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Thank you, SoCon for "televising" the Elon - Western Carolina game this weekend instead of App-Wofford. Should be a lot of people tuning in to see which SoCon team gets their first conference win of the season.

Also, a belated thanks for not "televising" the Georgia Southern - Wofford game last weekend. Best way to grow your brand is relegate your best matchups to gamecasts, message board threads, and twitter feeds. xcoffeex

Mountaineer#96
October 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Thank you, SoCon for "televising" the Elon - Western Carolina game this weekend instead of App-Wofford. Should be a lot of people tuning in to see which SoCon team gets their first conference win of the season.

Also, a belated thanks for not "televising" the Georgia Southern - Wofford game last weekend. Best way to grow your brand is relegate your best matchups to gamecasts, message board threads, and twitter feeds. xcoffeex

I 2nd this sarcastic remark!

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 15th, 2012, 07:05 PM
any Wofford fans, there is a rumor that your all conference tackle will miss the game becouse of an injury, and Bernstein is questionable, becouse of a twisted ankle, any truth to this? The information came from twitter of the Spartanburg newspaper. No idea if this is true or not, just trying to get clarification from people who might know.

Saint3333
October 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM
EB missing the game in Boone in his senior season, only if he's on crutches. The kid will play, this is a smoke screen.

eagle07
October 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM
EB missing the game in Boone in his senior season, only if he's on crutches. The kid will play, this is a smoke screen.

No doubt, like schillings bloody sock...... he will tough it out. Thats what they make those shots for! xstretchx

What does the depth chart look like behind EB?

crabby terrier
October 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Not sure what kind of "frat guys" you are used to but we are the quiet no-show kind of guys. We drink beer, cheer loud and are avid TERRIER fans!!! We stay til the last second tics off the clock and win or lose we cheer our team as they leave the field! We have also been out of school for 30 yrs and remain best of friends.

GO TERRIERS!!!

crabby terrier
October 15th, 2012, 08:29 PM
any Wofford fans, there is a rumor that your all conference tackle will miss the game becouse of an injury, and Bernstein is questionable, becouse of a twisted ankle, any truth to this? The information came from twitter of the Spartanburg newspaper. No idea if this is true or not, just trying to get clarification from people who might know.

Coach ayers said today on radio show that Cantrell out for 4 weeks! Ouch!! Breitenstein rehabbing bad ankle trying to be a go for game. Like someone else mentioned, prolly will not miss unless on crutches!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 15th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I would be shocked if he didn't play, that kid, for 5 years has taken a real beating, and he still gets up and keeps playing, he is a warrior!! Now, if his ankle is hurt, he wont practice much this week, got to feel his conditiioning will not be great when he gets to Boone, not sure they will be able to give him the ball 20-25 times.

StorminASU
October 15th, 2012, 09:32 PM

Evidently ole' Jerry won't turn loose quite enough funny to get a championship though. Funny how poor little ole ASU could get it done without an NFL sponsor.

This game is going to be fantastic btw, I sure hope EB isn't seriously going to miss this thing

GreatAppSt
October 15th, 2012, 09:36 PM
40% percent of the Wofford population is Greek. Good then you're cooking the Souflaki at the tailgate.xnodx

dungeonjoe
October 15th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Good then you're cooking the Souflaki at the tailgate.xnodx
Really tried to give you rep.

crabby terrier
October 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Souvlaki!

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I personally think the EB injury thing is smoke and mirrors.

theasushow
October 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I personally HOPE the EB injury thing is smoke and mirrors.

FIFY

theasushow
October 15th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I hope he can play as well, if ASU beats a EB-less Wofford then we will have to listen to the woulda shoulda coulda's all week.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Missing EB would be bad, but I wouldn't be worried. We have some good running backs.

T-Dog
October 15th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Missing EB would be bad, but I wouldn't be worried. We have some good running backs.

Wofford lacked a confidence when EB wasn't in there. I also think he's banged up a lot worse than is being let on. No way he misses this game though. His 18 rushes for 39 yards last time in Boone will light a fire.

Cantrell could be just as big a loss, especially against a defense that recorded six sacks this past Saturday.

Skjellyfetti
October 15th, 2012, 10:57 PM
What happened to Wofford's message board? Anyone have a working link? Thanks.

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 11:07 PM
terrierfans.com should be it skelly

cbarrier90
October 15th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Good then you're cooking the Souflaki at the tailgate.xnodx

I would like to put in a request for some gyros, please.

Side note: If it's not packed on gamedays, Parthenon on 321 or Mr. Original Gyros on 105 has some great greek food.

And people say Boone isn't sophisticated... :D

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Wofford lacked a confidence when EB wasn't in there. I also think he's banged up a lot worse than is being let on. No way he misses this game though. His 18 rushes for 39 yards last time in Boone will light a fire.

Cantrell could be just as big a loss, especially against a defense that recorded six sacks this past Saturday.

I think we lacked confidence because of one Brent Russell. Normally, we would pound it up the middle no matter who was fullback, we barely tried it even when he was in there.

I don't know about Cantrell being too bad of a loss, though it is a bad loss. We have everyone on defense minus one player who will be out for the year.

WataugaDave
October 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
And people say Boone isn't sophisticated... :D

Parthenon is about the farthest thing from sophisticated.

cbarrier90
October 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Parthenon is about the farthest thing from sophisticated.

I'm speaking in terms of food selection only, Dave... xlolx

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 16th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I haven't been able to get on their website either, been trying since Sunday night

biggie
October 16th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I haven't been able to get on their website either, been trying since Sunday night
Works for me, try putting the www in front, I got an error the first time without it.

http://www.terrierfans.com/

T-Dog
October 16th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Wofford's dead.

crabby terrier
October 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I hope he can play as well, if ASU beats a EB-less Wofford then we will have to listen to the woulda shoulda coulda's all week.

i'm glad there's never any "woulda shoulda coulda" on yosef's cabin...jeesh.

obviously, we are better with EB. without him, we could lose. with him in, we should win. hopefully, it will not matter either way!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

Ivytalk
October 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
SoCon game of the week, IMHO.

Go Apps
October 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I believe Wofford wins this one in a high scoring game (something like 45-42). Breitenstein will have a huge day after struggling at GSU.

Eric is injured how will that affect the game may not be at 100% but is listed as playing

woffordgrad94
October 17th, 2012, 03:13 PM
If Wofford doesn't win this game they fail to make the playoffs. A failure to even qualify for the playoffs would make this entire season a failure in my eyes. I think we have reached a point at Wofford where we should come down hard on non-playoff teams. Only by demanding success will we continue to achieve it. After all, I'm sure everyone at ASU and GSU considers it a total failure to miss the playoffs, and that's the kind of mindset we need to have if we are to be as successful a program as those have been on a consistent basis.

Apphole
October 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
If Wofford doesn't win this game they fail to make the playoffs. A failure to even qualify for the playoffs would make this entire season a failure in my eyes. I think we have reached a point at Wofford where we should come down hard on non-playoff teams. Only by demanding success will we continue to achieve it. After all, I'm sure everyone at ASU and GSU considers it a total failure to miss the playoffs, and that's the kind of mindset we need to have if we are to be as successful a program as those have been on a consistent basis.

You could easily make the playoffs if you take an L on Saturday.

woffordgrad94
October 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
You are right. For some reason I thought a loss to ASU and the automatic loss to S. Carolina would make 4 losses and it would only make three. I had an extra loss in there for whatever reason. But I think we could lose on more after ASU and before S. Carolina easily. Samford or Chatty could beat us. This season could become an epic 6-5 fail. The bottom line- the team is not nearly as good as we thought anyway, we have more injured people than a hospital, and EB is hobbled. Brian Kass is an absolute tortoise and his passing ability just isn't all it was cracked up to be either. I think we might be better off going with our backup QB. I am all of a sudden very worried about this team.

biggie
October 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Early weather prediction:

After a season of rain threats, thus far, for home games, it appears a picture perfect chamber of commerce weekend will be on tap; the best yet this season! APPSTANDING weather is expected as a large area of high pressure will be setting up shop and taking control of regions weather. The High Country should be on full display with fall color and premo tailgating conditions! Fall chill will be in play, so bring a jacket.

Early AM - Lower 40s, mostly sunny.

Noon Time Temps - Lower 50s, mostly sunny.

Kickoff Temps - Mid 50s, mostly sunny.

End of game temps - Lower 50s to upper 40s. M.Clear.

Keep in mind, for those sitting in the sun, warmer for you by 10-15 degrees. For those sitting in the shadow of the press-box, a bit chillier than our brethren across the way.

Enjoy!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM
woffordgrad94, appreciate your honest description of your team, I said at the beginning of the year, this was going to be a down year for the SC, App has alot of problems, lot of talent, but way too young, injuries, alot of players learning on the job, GS, new qb, weak secondary etc thought becouse of the weakness of the big three, someone from the middle of the pack would step up, if Samford had won last week, they might have been that team, Chatt still has a good defense, but their offense will probably keep them back, Furman, dont know what the hell happened, thought they could have been good this year. Still think the conference champion will have 2 losses. In normal years the big 3 could afford to look past the middle of the pack teams, even if they didn't play well, they usually won the game becouse of a large talent gap between the teams. This year is not the case, you have better take every game seriously, and not look forward to other games.

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Wofford is tougher version of citadel. They steamroll App by 20. Bank it.

Apphole
October 18th, 2012, 11:59 AM

We have a better chance to win this Saturday than UNCc.

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 12:08 PM
We have a better chance to win this Saturday than UNCc.

Enjoy your free pass while you can. The days are ticking down to App's irrelevancy as we speak. You're already losing coveted recruits who are falling over themselves for the opportunity to play D1 ball close to home.

GlassOnion
October 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Enjoy your free pass while you can. The days are ticking down to App's irrelevancy as we speak. You're already losing coveted recruits who are falling over themselves for the opportunity to play D1 ball close to home.

If App is going to move into irrelevancy, uncc better scoot over and make some room, cause uncc is, and is going to continue to be, a long term resident.

asumike83
October 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM

Such as who?

I have not been keeping tabs on the 2013 recruits as closely once the season started but the last recruit I read about on Rivals had App at the top of his list in spite of an offer from Charlotte (who he did have in the top five).

http://appalachianstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1421393

cbarrier90
October 18th, 2012, 12:32 PM

Thank you for your continued hard-on for Appalachian State athletics...

Run along now and get excited for basketball...

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Such as who?

I have not been keeping tabs on the 2013 recruits as closely once the season started but the last recruit I read about on Rivals had App at the top of his list in spite of an offer from Charlotte (who he did have in the top five).

http://appalachianstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1421393

Any recruit we get would be coveted by App State for critical thinking skills alone. As stated earlier, any recruit who would choose AppSt over the complete, sterling college experience at Charlotte is a recruit we are glad to have "lost" as it reflects upon their character and poor decision-making skills.

WataugaDave
October 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM

Oh, ****, you're back.

We (including the other Charlotte posters, who kindly wish you would shut the hell up and stop embarrassing them) were all enjoying your absence.

any recruit who would choose AppSt over the complete, sterling college experience at Charlotte

Look, man. I'm sorry you couldn't get into App and had to go to UNC-Commuter. But it's time to get over it.

Apphole
October 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Any recruit we get would be coveted by App State for critical thinking skills alone. As stated earlier, any recruit who would choose AppSt over the complete, sterling college experience at Charlotte is a recruit we are glad to have "lost" as it reflects upon their character and poor decision-making skills.

And for today's oxymoron....

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2012, 01:01 PM

Welcome back! I, for one, appreciate your trolling...and am amazed that it actually works. xlolx

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Oh, ****, you're back.

We (including the other Charlotte posters, who kindly wish you would shut the hell up and stop embarrassing them) were all enjoying your absence.

Look, man. I'm sorry you couldn't get into App and had to go to UNC-Commuter. But it's time to get over it.

That's right, Dave. And I see in my 2mos absence, you've almost caught up with my post count. Articulating cohesive thoughts into complex sentences still stumping you, Dave? Got to give you an "A" for effort though. Quitters don't win!

BisonFan02
October 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM
That's right, Dave. And I see in my 2mos absence, you've almost caught up with my post count. Articulating cohesive thoughts into complex sentences still stumping you, Dave? Got to give you an "A" for effort though. Quitters don't win!

It's 1:13pm (2ish for your folks out east) on 10/18/12 and UNCC still doesn't have a football team.

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
It's 1:13pm (2ish for your folks out east) on 10/18/12 and UNCC still doesn't have a football team.

We've got a team & as many real D1 National titles as NDSU.

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM
We've got a team & as many real D1 National titles as NDSU.

It's true, next up on the schedule in August 2013 is a "real D1 (not DI)" powerhouse: Campbell. NINER NATION!

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM
we have got to get the Charlotte troll and the Chatt man togeather, okay, okay, I'll help them get started, troll, insult the Chatt man by telling him, their freshman qb isn't already an all american, and they won't win the NC this year. Chatt man, tell troll, that UNCC is a glorified community collage, that the students can't wait to get the hell out of there every weekend, also tell him that their basketball program is irrelevant, and that no one, outside of a few delusional fans, gives a dam about, wait, wait, I got one more...UNCC will not get invited to join the ACC or the SEC. in the next 3 years, despite the belief they will immediately compete for a FBS championship in their first year. go head, go head...

woffordgrad94
October 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=woySeSNBL3o

AppStsGr8
October 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Just for fun, I looked up the average SAT score of the incoming freshmen at UNCC and Appalachian State University. The hillbillies are brighter than our city cousins seem to realize. The average SAT for UNCC entering freshmen was 1068. At Appalachian State, the incoming freshman class averaged 1141.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM
not surprised our students have better sat scores, its alot tougher to get into App then UNCC, aka: community collage, but whats surprising is the margin is only 73 points, embarrassing, we need a complete overhaul of our administraion dept

woffordgrad94
October 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
UNCC is similar to USC Upstate in Spartanburg, just bigger. Both are commuter heavy schools with low admission requirements. Apphole is right in saying that kids who go to these type schools as commuters miss out on a lot of the college experience. And commuters are less likely to go to sports. A lot of working adults take classes at these schools too, which is fine, but they tend not to support athletic teams either. I think these factors make it more difficult for these type schools to build D1 football programs, though it is definitely not impossible. Charlotte is a pretty good city. We 'll see what happens.

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
not surprised our students have better sat scores, its alot tougher to get into App then UNCC, aka: community collage, but whats surprising is the margin is only 73 points, embarrassing, we need a complete overhaul of our administraion dept

It's not a community "collage", it's college. Dude, you're not helping you case at all.

Saint3333
October 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Back to Wofford and App, two real football programs.

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Back to Wofford and App, two real football programs playing for Pop Warner trophy

I agree.xthumbsupx

asumike83
October 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I agree.xthumbsupx

Says the guy dreaming of a Beef O'Brady's Bowl trophy by 2030.

BR54Niner
October 18th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Says the guy dreaming of a Beef O'Brady's Bowl trophy by 2030.

Not likely. Now that BCS has adopted a 4 team playoff, there's no doubt we'll be contending for one of the 4 spots by 2020 right after we join the SEC or Big 12.

Saint3333
October 18th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Leave this below average intelligence man alone. He has no team, and obviously no life as he is attempting to pick a fight with what he considers little leaguers. What a sad and pathetic life.

asumike83
October 18th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Not likely. Now that BCS has adopted a 4 team playoff, there's no doubt we'll be contending for one of the 4 spots by 2020 right after we join the SEC or Big 12.

Pete Carroll bolted for the NFL just 3 years before the Niners hit the field. Coincidence? I think not. He saw the writing on the wall.

asumike83
October 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Now, as for the game at hand, I will be there with a group. It will be interesting to see how close to 100% EB is, but I expect a tight game either way. App has made a bad habit of slow starts and against a ball control offense like Wofford, we cannot afford to do that. On the flip side, if ASU gets out to an early lead, the Terriers could have a hard time coming back. The first quarter will be very telling but I like the Apps to get the hard fought W.

walliver
October 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I think Wofford takes an early lead and ASU makes a second half comeback, which hopefully falls short by one score.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 18th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Apps got to atleast move the ball in the first quater. Against Samford we didn't get a first down until there was only 7 minutes and change left in the first. Basically did the same against Chatt and Elon. Teams are taking away the short passes, bringing up the linebackers to stop the run, and daring us to throw the ball deep over the middle. Wish, on the first play SS would atleast take a shot deep over the middle, or down the sidelines. Would scare the hell out of Ayers if we did.

BR54Niner
October 19th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Now, as for the game at hand, I will be there with a group. It will be interesting to see how close to 100% EB is, but I expect a tight game either way. App has made a bad habit of slow starts and against a ball control offense like Wofford, we cannot afford to do that. On the flip side, if ASU gets out to an early lead, the Terriers could have a hard time coming back. The first quarter will be very telling but I like the Apps to get the hard fought W.

I'll be there as well. I've got some friends who invited me to attend this match. Would love to meet some of you folks.

woffordgrad94
October 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Match? You make it sound like tennis or something.

asumike83
October 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I'll be there as well. I've got some friends who invited me to attend this match. Would love to meet some of you folks.

A closet App fan, I knew it!

I plan to be tailgating in the Greenwood lot and down by the bus on Rivers St. by Raley. Stop on by if you can.

biggie
October 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Deuce Robinson should play this week, but may not start and same for Ronald Blair, helps with the front D depth at least.

CB Eagle
October 19th, 2012, 10:30 AM
So (assuming GSU, App, and Woffie don't slip up else-where, big assumption, I know), if App wins, that creates a de facto conference title game in the 'boro in a couple weeks when App comes to town?

AppIAA
October 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
It's not a community "collage", it's college. Dude, you're not helping you case at all.

Can't believe someone else didn't catch this..

Dude, YOU'RE not helping "you" case either...

BR54Niner
October 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Match? You make it sound like tennis or something.

It's D2 football. It's on same level as tennis & soccer.

BR54Niner
October 19th, 2012, 10:38 AM
A closet App fan, I knew it!

I plan to be tailgating in the Greenwood lot and down by the bus on Rivers St. by Raley. Stop on by if you can.

Will do & thanks Mike. I think we are tailgating in lot near old Warehouse beer store (giving away my age; it was a beer store or Army-Navy store back when my friends went to App in late 80's / early 90's). Look for a person of culture & air of superiority. Will probably be swarmed by a flock of hot college girls.

BR54Niner
October 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Aren't you guys playing on a HS field this weekend?

woffordgrad94
October 19th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Will do & thanks Mike. I think we are tailgating in lot near old Warehouse beer store (giving away my age; it was a beer store or Army-Navy store back when my friends went to App in late 80's / early 90's). Look for a person of culture & air of superiority. Will probably be swarmed by a flock of hot college girls.

Trolololololololololololol. Trolololololol!

Hot girls? Yeah, right. I bet this guy's a virgin.

woffordgrad94
October 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM

Join the SEC? LOL. And I'll win both the Powerball and the Megamillions and then settle down and get married to Katy Perry by 2020. Trololololo..........