PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new to forum

89Hen
April 11th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Hi, I am a Delaware fan of over 30 years but I'm new to posting here. This looks like a nice site, but I'm surprised that you don't have more members. Maybe once the season starts in the fall you will have some more people. I'll check back in a couple of months.

saint0917
April 11th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Hi, I am a Delaware fan of over 30 years but I'm new to posting here. This looks like a nice site, but I'm surprised that you don't have more members. Maybe once the season starts in the fall you will have some more people. I'll check back in a couple of months.

Hi 89 welcome to AGS, I'm a Umass fan, I'm one of the older members of this board (about 2 hours now) On this board you can't trash Umass football.....oh what the heck go ahead, everyone else does

colgate13
April 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM

Welcome Hen! I too am new to this board. I don't know if I'll have the time to post much, but I'm going to make a note to myself to check back here at least once a week.

Hansel
April 11th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Hi y'all, I am a NDSU Bison (just moved to I-AA last year) fan, looking to learn more about the subdivision, like why the SWAC and IVY don't participate in the playoffs, why the Big South is so bad, why Delaware only plays home non-conf games, why UMass always gets screwed by the Playoff Committee, if I-AA or 1-AA is the proper notation, why the SoCon let it Elon and Wofford, killing App St's home gate receipts etc.

colgate13
April 11th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Oooo, that Hansel, He's SO hot right now!

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/zoolander/owen_wilson/zoolander3.jpg

Welcome to AGS! You must be somebison to be the first on on the board! ;)

Gil Dobie
April 11th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Hello, Another Bison Fan has found his way here!

ISUMatt
April 11th, 2005, 09:32 AM
The 1 Illinois State fan has arrived!!!

OL FU
April 11th, 2005, 09:43 AM
FU has arrived. Does this mean we can stay in the SoCon and IAA?

Fordham
April 11th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Welcome 89! As a Fordham alum and veteran here I'm looking forward to some incredibly positive and good natured back-and-forth with you and your fellow Hens' fans.

89Hen
April 11th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Good to see you Fordham. Hopefully you're more level headed than some of the Fordham fans from an old board I used to frequent. They liked to think that Fordham had developed a competitive program. :rolleyes: Here's hoping you know where Fordham really stands. :D

Cap'n Cat
April 11th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hi, Hen. New, too. Wondering what yer wearing, or not wearing right now.

putter
April 11th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Hello everyone! Just checking out this site. I am looking forward to intellectual discussion about I-AA football although I heard a poster by the name of Mr. Chicken is one to keep an eye on!

WUTNDITWAA
April 11th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Where are the French Roosters???

colgate13
April 11th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Supposedly this is a test to see if they are worthy to join the SoCon or not. So far, it looks like they won't be going anywhere!

savannahjohn
April 11th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Greetings! I am a fan of Georgia Southern. We also play in I-AA. We have won something like 35-40 championships. I may refer other Eagle fans to this site if I deem the conversations topical & worthwhile. So far I remain skeptical.

buckp
April 11th, 2005, 11:01 AM
This reminds me of my stroke.......starting over again.

We covered so much ground before, so much material. Now we'll have to
start all over again. Kinda' sad to see the old stuff disappear .......:(

Wait a minute.....this could really have an impact on the AGS 2005
Challenge #2 where you are suppose to look up quotes and descriptions
about other posters. Without the old board, how are the contestants
going to look up anything? This is not good....:mad:

89Hen
April 11th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Wait a minute is right... I thought your challenge was to remember them and you were concerned that people would look them up. Hmmmm... the confessional is open if you need to talk about anything Buck.

dbackjon
April 11th, 2005, 11:13 AM
NAU in da house. Hopefully, there will be LOTS of Lumberjacks here

JaxSinfonian
April 11th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Looking forward to talking about the 2005 season here. I suppose we can all go ahead and agree from the start that the OVC is the dominant conference in I-AA, right?

89Hen
April 11th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Agreed! Oh wait, you said dominant, I thought you said dormant or doormat. ;)

Baldy
April 11th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Greetings!!!!!

1aa football rocks! I heard Montana is overrated, Youngstown is over the hill, Furman is gay, and like UMass...JUM is a one shot wonder. ;)

ChickenMan
April 11th, 2005, 11:29 AM
The SWAC is #1... the OV a distant #2...

OL FU
April 11th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Greetings!!!!!

1aa football rocks! I heard Montana is overrated, Youngstown is over the hill, Furman is gay, and like UMass...JUM is a one shot wonder. ;)

And heard your "'Nanner Puddin'" Sux.

Baldy
April 11th, 2005, 11:40 AM
And heard your "'Nanner Puddin'" Sux.

:lmao:

I wish it did. I'm not allowed at our tailgate without it. :(

Golden Eagle
April 11th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Looking forward to talking about the 2005 season here. I suppose we can all go ahead and agree from the start that the OVC is the dominant conference in I-AA, right?

Naturally. The way we beat up on opponents in the first round of the playoffs can show anybody that.

Lapper
April 11th, 2005, 11:46 AM

You can run, but you can't hide gentlemen... OK maybe the Citadel knows how to hide pretty well. If you don't know, ask Charleston Southern. ;)

OL FU
April 11th, 2005, 11:46 AM
:lmao:

I wish it did. I'm not allowed at our tailgate without it. :(

Then I take it back..

Lapper
April 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Now I know what crack addicts have to go through.... "Man I need a score of that AGS goodstuff. GIVE IT...GIVE IT TO ME...aaaaahhh."

TheValleyRaider
April 11th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Hey everyone. I usually follow hockey, but well, that's over, so I guess football will have to do.

So, when is the Patriot League getting scholarships? ;)

saint0917
April 11th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I don't get to post much but I love reading about 1aa. ;)

That's I-AA, not 1aa, god I have to teach these new kids all over again ;)

Grizo406
April 11th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Another fan of the overrated Grizzlies in search of "Nanner Puddin' joining the house...now, who's house is it?

HensRock
April 11th, 2005, 02:15 PM
A Delaware Fightin' Blue Hen fan checking in.

Ya know, "Blue Hen" is the name of the species, both male and female.

Gosh, I hope they'll be some more Hen fans on this board so we'll have adequate representation!

I'm new, so pardon me if this is a dumb question but, which IS the best conference in D1aa?

griz37
April 11th, 2005, 02:55 PM
The Big Sky is the best conference. Why? Because the Griz are in it!! In case you guys didn't know Griz fans are supposedly very arrogant, according our little sisters who live over in Bozeman!!

bison95
April 11th, 2005, 03:23 PM
New to IAA, new to AGS. Looking forward to witty banter on the great sport of IAA football.

"THE BISON ARE COMMING!"

wkuhillhound
April 11th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Hope y'all remember me? A devoted fan from the 2002 National Champion Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers, the best university of ALL Kentucky! Gunning for #2 for the 2005 season! I am a huge NCAA Basketball fanatic, but football comes in a very close 2nd. I am also an uncle of 4, Jada 10, Jamaya 4, Ja-Twaon 3, and Sharday 2. T-O-P-S...Tops!, Tops!, Tops!Enjoy and have a great day. :)

89Hen
April 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Name looks kinda familiar... you're a Indiana State fan?

McNeeserocket
April 11th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Hope y'all remember me? A devoted fan from the 2002 National Champion Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers, the best university of ALL Kentucky! Gunning for #2 for the 2005 season! I am a huge NCAA Basketball fanatic, but football comes in a very close 2nd. I am also an uncle of 4, Jada 10, Jamaya 4, Ja-Twaon 3, and Sharday 2. T-O-P-S...Tops!, Tops!, Tops!Enjoy and have a great day. :)

I remember you! Became friends first time McNeese played WKU in 2002 and visited again at National Championship game that same year.

What happened to old AGS site? Had to re-register and everything! I don't like changing!!! :confused:

wkuhillhound
April 11th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Apparently, the AGS was hijacked by hackers and it deleted all posts so everyone had to reregister. I still trying to adjust to it but it's all about trial and error. Changing can be good, if you allow it to be? Whenever WKU gets its schedule together it will be on the new site instead of the old.

grizbeer
April 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Griz fan here. And beer fan. and grizbeer fan :) Actually I'm just here for the parties. :beerchug:

igo4uni
April 11th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Hey boys, I'm here. Now I just gotta figure out this avatar stuff.

peace

igo4uni

Coastal89
April 11th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Coastal Carolina Football and Hooters, A winning team

rokamortis
April 11th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Coastal Carolina Football and Hooters, A winning team

I think Hooters and anything would be a winning team :D

The Gadfly
April 11th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Uh ooooohhh....Coastal fans are starting to add up. GO CHANTS!!! I have morphed from Jawz to a beautiful gadfly.

Bison_Kent
April 11th, 2005, 07:16 PM
It all looks good!!! Ralph, you have outdone yourself!!

bisonguy
April 11th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Glad to see AGS back!

Nice to see an upload option for avatars.

CrunchGriz
April 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I know what it's like to have to recreate a website...it ain't a hoot, let along a Hooters. Crackers, hackers, and website whackers should be rounded up and turned into tackling dummies.

eaglesrthe1
April 11th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Ralph just did this to keep the 100 post rule for the AGS poll relevant. :)

bisonguy
April 11th, 2005, 07:37 PM

:shakingma :spank: :shakingma

GSU Eagle
April 11th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks, Ralph for getting the new board up and going.

JoltinJoe
April 11th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Good to see you Fordham. Hopefully you're more level headed than some of the Fordham fans from an old board I used to frequent. They liked to think that Fordham had developed a competitive program. :rolleyes: Here's hoping you know where Fordham really stands. :D

Checking in for the 2005 Division I-AA champions, Fordham Rams.

ngineer
April 11th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Well, (not to quote Ronald Reagan), but I made it back! Like the appearance, but I'm going to be a little rusty getting around on this thing. It's a generational thing. Just get used to the technology and they switch the buttons and linker things on you! ;) Just thought I'd check in and say hi to everyone. Got work to do, but I'm glad we have a home again!
(excuse the redundant signature--I was trying to edit--and I guess I kept entering it. Will clear it up later :confused: )

chantster
April 11th, 2005, 09:00 PM

The French Roosters will be in force when we take a ride up the mountain in September!!

grizbeer
April 11th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I actually thought this was the beginning of the economic Apocalypse paladin is always warning us about - no AGS to waste our time, people actually do their work at work, companies realize they only need 1/2 as many employees as they are paying, 1/2 the work force goes unemployed, and we have our meltdown. I actually put the $15 from my wallet under my mattress so I would be prepared for the onslaught. Now that AGS is back up I guess I can spend it. Probably on beer :)

Hansel
April 11th, 2005, 10:57 PM
welcome all, over 100 members have registered in less than 24hrs, it would appear 1aa football has a decent following

Josh
April 11th, 2005, 11:27 PM

There are a ton of members. They all have to just register once again on this site. Thanks

blur2005
April 11th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Ah, I'll be headed to UVA next year and live in Harrisonburg, VA, home of the 2004 Div. I-AA national champs, the James Madison University Dukes. I'm interested in seeing if this site will hold intelligent conversation or not...

In all seriousness, I wonder how this will affect the AGS poll...because I, for example, had like 440 posts on the old AGS, and I know there are others like this. So anyway...I'm just interested.

Husky Alum
April 11th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Best 1-AA Conference...

The Colonial Athletic Association (just don't tell the A-10).

DuckDuckGriz
April 12th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Checking in as another member of GRIZ NATION....the biggest fanbase in I-AA.....

You may remember me as Nick on the old boards.

How do we create our own avatar?

polsongrizz
April 12th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Checking in as another member of GRIZ NATION....the biggest fanbase in I-AA.....

You may remember me as Nick on the old boards.

How do we create our own avatar?
Hit usercp at the top left Nick and you should be able to follow from there. the size though has been decreased to 80x80 :( How will my girls be able to show off and get you in trouble with your mom ;)

polsongrizz
April 12th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks ralph. :)

polsongrizz
April 12th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Lets hope not, it has taken me two days to really get this one going. You know how much beer driking time I lost??? ;)

blackfordpu
April 12th, 2005, 02:55 AM
:)
Do you know how much hair and sleep I've lost??? I'm starting to look like GRIZO! :D

Good one ralph :)

Thanks for working so fast to get AGS up and running again, must have been a huge b!tch to get done. Way to go!
Is there no longer a way to put a picture in the signature?

Tribe4SF
April 12th, 2005, 04:57 AM
:beerchug: :beerchug:

Here's to AGS!!!

W&M plays in the best I-AA conference, The Atlantic 10 (soon to be known as CAA Football).

ISUMatt
April 12th, 2005, 08:31 AM
I try to put an image in and I get a link, at least something comes up LOL

TheValleyRaider
April 12th, 2005, 08:48 AM
We're not going to be switching forums ever again...

WooHoo! I'm now an AGS Original! Or NEW AGS Original! Or something... :D

GannonFan
April 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Gee, after all that hard work to acheive IAA Ruler status I have to start all over again! I think it's a conspiracy by "the man" to keep me from having a say in the AGS poll. :p Well, I'll just have to see about that! ;)

Tailbone
April 12th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Hey! Just wonderin'. can we say gambling? :eek:

polsongrizz
April 12th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Hey! Just wonderin'. can we say gambling? :eek:
looks like we can bone, at this point. :eek:

WYOBISONMAN
April 12th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Geez.....I am new here.....who are all you people...... :cool:

grizbeer
April 12th, 2005, 12:23 PM
looks like we can bone, at this point. :eek:A mantra repeated over and over again last week after the scrimmage, no doubt.
:D

Gil Dobie
April 12th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Geez.....I am new hear.....who are all you people...... :cool:

We have been waiting for you. :dizzy:

GreatAppSt
April 12th, 2005, 06:31 PM
I like the new format Ralph.

Kaduce
April 13th, 2005, 12:40 AM
The 1 Illinois State fan has arrived!!!

Nice site ISUMatt!

elkmcc
April 13th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Alas, a chance to get my old nick back. The Griz rule, the rest just drool (over the Griz).

ccujacket
April 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I-AA Football? What is that? I thought this was an American Gem Society board. I had a question about sapphires. :confused:

bluehenbillk
April 13th, 2005, 12:01 PM
The new site is good, however I'd like to see more posts per page, I can see some threads going 20 + pages.

mineral griz
April 13th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Hey it is great to be back............Thought I lost AGS completely :)

ccujacket
April 13th, 2005, 12:52 PM
New Board >>>>>>>>>> Old Board.

I'm lovin' it.

Paladin1aa
April 13th, 2005, 01:10 PM
New site . Same old azz-holes. :)

JaxSinfonian
April 13th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I would like to see even larger avatar sizes. I kinda miss my old one, and it doesn't work well smaller.

I'm not complaining, though. Ralph's done a hell of a job. Compared to not having a baord at all, my little avatar whine doesn't amount to a hillabeans.

JaxSinfonian
April 13th, 2005, 11:24 PM
'Nuff said. I withdraw my whine.

Down with the Foe!
April 13th, 2005, 11:52 PM
gidddyyyy up!

I'm a Griz fan...and new to this forum.

Labia In The Sunlight
April 14th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Another new poster checking in. Been watching for months and finally registered.

EKU, WKU and INSU fan.

spelunker64
March 27th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Wowxeekx

Rob Iola
March 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Wowxeekx
slow day in spelunkerland dude?

spelunker64
March 27th, 2008, 03:46 PM
slow day in spelunkerland dude?

Little bit :D

Digging into the AGS archives

danefan
March 27th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Hi, Hen. New, too. Wondering what yer wearing, or not wearing right now.

This is one is especially funny.

danefan
March 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Or this ONE!

Hahaha.

danefan
March 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone. I usually follow hockey, but well, that's over, so I guess football will have to do.

So, when is the Patriot League getting scholarships? ;)

How about this one....still holds true today...3 years later

CoastalFan2005
March 27th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Holy Land of the Undead Threads, Batman

I agree, it is a slow day.

lizrdgizrd
March 27th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Another new poster checking in. Been watching for months and finally registered.

EKU, WKU and INSU fan.

I particularly like this poster's name. :D

OL FU
March 27th, 2008, 03:53 PM
This is one is especially funny.

Hate to break up the party or remind people who forget, but I believe this was 89's was the first post after hackers effed up the original AGS. Our Friend and helper worked about 24 hours straight to set up the new board which is where we are todayxthumbsupx

spelunker64
March 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hate to break up the party or remind people who forget, but I believe this was 89's was the first post after hackers effed up the original AGS. Our Friend and helper worked about 24 hours straight to set up the new board which is where we are todayxthumbsupx

I know, but it's the one of the oldest on this board

OL FU
March 27th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I know, but it's the one of the oldest on this board

I think at the time that 89 hen wrote that he already had about 10,000 postsxlolx

of course they have since disappeared againxrotatehx

UNHWildCats
March 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Shenanigans, this was post 2 years after he was a member :p

Go...gate
March 27th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Welcome Hen! I too am new to this board. I don't know if I'll have the time to post much, but I'm going to make a note to myself to check back here at least once a week.

We miss you, 13. Hope you check in one of these days. :)

AZGrizFan
March 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Holy Land of the Undead Threads, Batman

I agree, it is a slow day.

Every day is a slow day in the New, "Improved" AGS..... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

otto4pres
March 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM

STFU n00b

dungeonjoe
March 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Every day is a slow day in the New, "Improved" AGS..... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx
compared to what?:)

Proud Griz Man
March 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM

You must be new here. Most of the jerks from Deli ware are making dumb jokes about the Big Fluffy Conference.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 27th, 2008, 09:20 PM
STFU n00b

otto you do some strange stuff, but that one made me laugh.

RadMann
March 27th, 2008, 10:40 PM

If you are new, I'm newer. You joined this board two days before me!

TheValleyRaider
March 28th, 2008, 12:11 AM
How about this one....still holds true today...3 years later

Now, raise your hand if you're still surprised? xcoolx

Anyone?

89Hen
March 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
xlolx xnodx Right you are. That was a dark day when AGS went belly-up thanks to a hacker. We lost a lot of great posts from 2003-04 and yes, I've lost more than anyone. xoopsx

spelunker64
March 28th, 2008, 05:23 PM
xlolx xnodx Right you are. That was a dark day when AGS went belly-up thanks to a hacker. We lost a lot of great posts from 2003-04 and yes, I've lost more than anyone. xoopsx

Newbie xrolleyesx

McNeese72
March 28th, 2008, 08:52 PM

Hen89,

Don't you go back to the old AOL Div I-AA messageboard in the early
1990's? There was a good small core of I-AA fans that posted on it back then and I thought I remember your name being there.

That was before I-AA.org or the AGS messageboard existed in any form.

Doc

KiddBrewer
March 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM
i dont feel honored enough to post on this thread amongst the royalty......

oh wait, i think i just did........

RadMann
March 29th, 2008, 09:38 PM
The Escribe I-AA board was the scary one. That thing was tough on the eyes too in terms of the format. Then there was one in between as I recall that was the one that got hacked. This one has been good. I never was a member of "Ao-Hell" so I never participated in that board. There was also an old newsgroup I-AA board that I recall from back in the day.

89Hen
April 2nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Hen89,

Don't you go back to the old AOL Div I-AA messageboard in the early
1990's? There was a good small core of I-AA fans that posted on it back then and I thought I remember your name being there.

That was before I-AA.org or the AGS messageboard existed in any form.

Doc
I was on the AOL board, but not as 89Hen. AOL had a weird thing that a username can't start with a number.

89Hen
April 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
The Escribe I-AA board was the scary one. That thing was tough on the eyes too in terms of the format. Then there was one in between as I recall that was the one that got hacked. This one has been good. I never was a member of "Ao-Hell" so I never participated in that board. There was also an old newsgroup I-AA board that I recall from back in the day.
We went right from escribe to here. This was the one that got hacked. I actually liked the escribe layout, but the fact that it was non-registered was awful. You could post under any name and could even have converstations with yourself as different personas.

That's right 89, you could. I remember you from back then, you were and still are a God! xbowx
Thanks FCS Fan, whoever you are.