PDA

View Full Version : WOFFORD Doesn't Think Small

crabby terrier
October 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM
article in the sporting news today:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm

Proud of my HORT-HAIRED DOGS!!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

gsu_paintballer
October 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Enrollment and success have very little correlation. Athletes are not picked from the general population.

Reign of Terrier
October 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Enrollment and success have very little correlation. Athletes are not picked from the general population.

but academic standards and stuff like gameday atmosphere (than any App/GSU fan won't let the likes of Wofford, Furman, Samford, etc forget how inferior they are in that aspect in comparison) sure do, and those have a correlation to student population, so I don't really want to hear it.

crabby terrier
October 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM

whatever dude! xcoffeex

it's still got to suck extra bad when you are on the bad end of a beat down by a school with only 729 male students!!! xlolx

whatever makes you feel better about your big bad igglets.

GO TERRIERS!!!

gsu_paintballer
October 10th, 2012, 06:09 PM
whatever dude! xcoffeex

it's still got to suck extra bad when you are on the bad end of a beat down by a school with only 729 male students!!! xlolx

GO TERRIERS!!!

I'm just putting out the facts. If you wanna let your girly emotions get in the way, have at it.

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I am not in this one. I've seen this movie too many times already.

xdeadhorsex

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 06:17 PM
whatever dude! xcoffeex

GO TERRIERS!!!

Why? How does that change the number of scholorships that are offered? Wofford doesn't have less because of their enrollment do they? I was just there about a month ago and saw the offices, stadium, locker rooms, etc. so I'm not sure what the enrollment has to do with this?

Trying to paint this as some sort of David & Goliath thing seems pretty silly if that is what we're doing here.

Bisonoline
October 10th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Successful athletics will lead to an increase in enrollment. Many schools have found that out.

gsu_paintballer
October 10th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Why? How does that change the number of scholorships that are offered? Wofford doesn't have less because of their enrollment do they? I was just there about a month ago and saw the offices, stadium, locker rooms, etc. so I'm not sure what the enrollment has to do with this?

Trying to paint this as some sort of David & Goliath thing seems pretty silly if that is what we're doing here.

Exactly. Wofford is on an equal playing field.

Successful athletics will lead to an increase in enrollment. Many schools have found that out.

You're referring to higher enrollment coming from success in athletics.

I'm referring to success in athletics coming from higher enrollment.

We're talking about opposite things. I absolutely agree with your point.

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Wofford folks are masters at overplaying the "small school" card, and it becomes like a built-in excuse to some when we lose games. It is totally played out now. Being small is NEVER the reason we lose a game anymore. We are at a full 63. We are definitely not "David" in D-1 anymore, if we ever really were.

Saint3333
October 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Wofford folks are masters at overplaying the "small school" card, and it becomes like a built-in excuse to some when we lose games. It is totally played out now. Being small is NEVER the reason we lose a game anymore. We are at a full 63. We are definitely not "David" in D-1 anymore, if we ever really were.

Thank you for being honest.

Reign of Terrier
October 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
lolz. I love how my comment gets totally ignored.

If Wofford can't play the "small school" card, GSU/App State can't play the "your gameday atmosphere sucks" card. Correct, general student population doesn't really contribute to the talent level of the team, but at the same time I would definitely wager that a school like Wofford doesn't necessarily nurture an atmosphere that would as easily attract talent.

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
And here we go... xpopcornx

A thread just like this one got locked recently on terrierfans.com

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM

Dead on. Playing that up is just a weakness because it is relatively obvious to most of us that Wofford is not lacking in anything in playing at this level and having an NFL owner in the back pocket may actually give more advantages than 10 or 20K students ever could so using that as a premade excuse is just a poor use of a Wofford education.

Reign of Terrier
October 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Dead on. Playing that up is just a weakness because it is relatively obvious to most of us that Wofford is not lacking in anything in playing at this level and having an NFL owner in the back pocket may actually give more advantages than 10 or 20K students ever could so using that as a premade excuse is just a poor use of a Wofford education.

I will always be the first to admit that being small is not an excuse for losing games, however people need to realize that often when we play the small school card, it's in response to App State or Georgia Southern knuckleheads who like to compare us to a high school team in terms of attendance, atmosphere, etc.

Our point is, if you lose to us, it's pretty ****ing tragic to lose to a high school caliber program.

Reign of Terrier
October 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM
By the way, Wofford got to the full 63 mark only recently. The first time we won the Socon championship, I think we had under 50 full scholarships.

that 2003 team was a pretty remarkable accomplishment, even if the Socon was down.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
lolz. I love how my comment gets totally ignored.

If Wofford can't play the "small school" card, GSU/App State can't play the "your gameday atmosphere sucks" card. Correct, general student population doesn't really contribute to the talent level of the team, but at the same time I would definitely wager that a school like Wofford doesn't necessarily nurture an atmosphere that would as easily attract talent.

You can play the small school card if you want to but it is an excuse and I don't see where Wofford needs any? You do recruit the talent, you do have the facilities, you are in an area where you should be able to have a pretty decent game day experience and from what one of the coaches told us when we were there...you do.

I guess I don't get the benefit but there must be one to using it. Good luck with the card I guess but I sure don't accept it.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I will always be the first to admit that being small is not an excuse for losing games, however people need to realize that often when we play the small school card, it's in response to App State or Georgia Southern knuckleheads who like to compare us to a high school team in terms of attendance, atmosphere, etc.

Our point is, if you lose to us, it's pretty ****ing tragic to lose to a high school caliber program.

You've probably seen me not accept their dumbass talk of the "small private school" thing on here many times. To have integrity on the matter I could not use it against one and then comply with the other side in using it for their own purposes.

Reign of Terrier
October 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM
You can play the small school card if you want to but it is an excuse and I don't see where Wofford needs any? You do recruit the talent, you do have the facilities, you are in an area where you should be able to have a pretty decent game day experience and from what one of the coaches told us when we were there...you do.

I guess I don't get the benefit but there must be one to using it. Good luck with the card I guess but I sure don't accept it.
I don't generally bring up the small school part unless some dumbass GSU/App fan calls us a high school atmosphere. And actually I would disagree with having a supporting surrounding area. Let's just say that around here, we call it "Murderburg" not Spartanburg.

I would say, for our size, we do have a decent atmosphere. But again, that's not good enough for some fanbases, so they have to regurgitate the same smack over and over again, so we repeat the same responses over and over again. It's an annoying circle, and one of the reasons I don't post as much as I used to, because I've been posting for roughly 4 years now and I see the same comments or related smack over and over again, and it's all been run into the ground.

The only thing that can be said now is that our jumbotron is bigger than yours so anyone who has a problem can politely **** off.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
A lot of Wofford's football success is directly related to the fact that most of the coaching staff has been in place for years.

I'm impressed with what Wofford is able to accomplish all the way around.

Money does have a way of balancing out the supposed advantage large public schools have over small privates and Wofford and Furman and Richmond, etc have plenty of money...

(Which might be why they like the wine and cheese so much while App and GSU people prefer Doritos and PBR:D)

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Man, I prefer Doritos and PBR myself! What's wrong with me?

crabby terrier
October 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM
i didn't put the article up for that purpose. i put it up because it is a good read and i am proud of my school/team!

i only made the "small" school comment because paintballer was so quick to jump on that aspect of the article and "ongoing" debate.

i will argue that small schools like wofford, even with all scholarships filled, still have more difficulty recruiting and landing the higher caliber athletes for various reasons related to their smaller size.

1. less than 14,000 living alumni! we do not have the huge web of supporters that many of the larger schools have. this affects everything i am going to list below.

2. money raised from alumni. we certainly can't and don't raise anywhere near the money many larger schools raise. this also impacts the list below.

3. crowd size/ game day experience. gsu, appy etc have more students than we have living alumni. so we have a much smaller stadium that we put decent crowds in but can't compete with larger stadiums with huge crowds and accompanying noise. this impacts visitations from prospective recruits that want to hear the big crowds cheering them on. new jumbo tron is a plus.

4. lack of name recognition outside of region. we dont have a huge footprint partly due to our smaller web of supporters out in the "world". this has improved a bit since our program has improved. it has been a slow steady growth.

5. small campus. we have a small (but beautiful) campus which again can impact visiting recruits perception of a campus lacking. we don't have all the nice new beautiful dorms that larger schools with more money coming in from larger alumni bases. kids like everything big! we do have nice athletic facilities thanks to jerry richardson.

6. other sports suffer more. all of the other sports suffer more so from a lack of funding and are not fully funded for scholarships, including scholarships for a band.

this is mho but i never use it as an excuse for anything. we have improved over time and hopefully will continue to do so. i use these reasons to blow my horn and let everyone know, that at wofford we do more with less! when we compete against larger schools, i want them to know the guys on the field/court that beat them up, not necessarily won all the time, but played with tremendous heart were guys from 'lil ol' woffy"!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I don't generally bring up the small school part unless some dumbass GSU/App fan calls us a high school atmosphere. And actually I would disagree with having a supporting surrounding area. Let's just say that around here, we call it "Murderburg" not Spartanburg.

I would say, for our size, we do have a decent atmosphere. But again, that's not good enough for some fanbases, so they have to regurgitate the same smack over and over again, so we repeat the same responses over and over again. It's an annoying circle, and one of the reasons I don't post as much as I used to, because I've been posting for roughly 4 years now and I see the same comments or related smack over and over again, and it's all been run into the ground.

The only thing that can be said now is that our jumbotron is bigger than yours so anyone who has a problem can politely **** off.

I dismiss what any of the newer guys from either of those teams say anyway because as I've said before they walked into a fully built house and want to look around at the neighbors and sneer when they didn't do **** to build the thing anyway except be swayed that this is where they should go because something was already built.

gsu_paintballer
October 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I dismiss what any of the newer guys from either of those teams say anyway because as I've said before they walked into a fully built house and want to look around at the neighbors and sneer when they didn't do **** to build the thing anyway except be swayed that this is where they should go because something was already built.

Wow. The "I'm older than you so I'm a better fan" happens outside of our board. Hmm. Been curious about that.

Saint3333
October 10th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Typically fans mature, but YT has actually regressed, really used to like reading his posts.

SU DOG
October 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM

Actually I know exactly where youngterrier is coming from. Samford has only approximately 2100 on campus students. A survey found that we have over 40% attending home football games, and that is higher than the national average. To big publics like GSU and App, however, the bottom line attendance figure seems to be the only thing important. It doesn't matter that our crowds are usually in the top 10 in the nation when considering stadium capacity to announced attendance. We are just "lil sammy" with a high school stadium. It doesn't matter that our administration made an outstanding commitment to budget our football monies to compete with most schools and surpass many in the conference. It doesn't matter that academic standards at these small privates are too rigid to allow signing many talented players that wind up playing for the big publics.

Having said that, I see no reason for small privates to make ANY excuse for not competing. Coaches have to recruit carefully of course. We are NOT "Davids" at all IMO. I have been to every public in the SoCon and I certainly cannot see where they get this "looking down their nose" at the small privates. Samford has admittedly come light years in the past 3-4 in facilities, attendance, atmosphere, and game day experience. I am just thankful for our progress, and wish the fans of every school, private OR public, would have a more understanding and tolerant attitude towards others in the same conference. Each school is faced with its own unique set of challenges and problems. IMO, diversity makes the SoCon more interesting and fun.

straightshooter
October 10th, 2012, 08:48 PM
By the way, Wofford got to the full 63 mark only recently. The first time we won the Socon championship, I think we had under 50 full scholarships.

that 2003 team was a pretty remarkable accomplishment, even if the Socon was down.

That would be 50 "athletic" scholarships. There are lots of other ways for athletes to get scholarship other than athletic.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Wow. The "I'm older than you so I'm a better fan" happens outside of our board. Hmm. Been curious about that.

That's what you got of that huh? It's not exactly that but it's one of those initiation type things since the new fans haven't done much if anything to get the programs where they are at now. Take it as a knock if you feel like but I've described it before as the typical fan that was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. You can call it unearned swagger if you want to.

I wasn't talking about you specifically in the first place so I have to assume you took that on for some reason that hits close to home.

gsu_paintballer
October 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I wasn't talking about you specifically in the first place so I have to assume you took that on for some reason that hits close to home.

Because that's the go-to response for older GSU fans.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Because that's the go-to response for older GSU fans.

Yes of course it is, it should be that way in general with those that have been involved in various ways through the lesser times. It was built on their backs and their opinion as a fan gets & deserves more respect from most of us. They are a big part of the reason you are on 3rd base after all.

dungeonjoe
October 10th, 2012, 09:10 PM
And here we go... xpopcornx

A thread just like this one got locked recently on terrierfans.com
No, it didn't. If you want to know why a thread was locked, why not go there and ask?

gsu_paintballer
October 10th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Yes of course it is, it should be that way in general with those that have been involved in various ways through the lesser times. It was built on their backs and their opinion as a fan gets & deserves more respect from most of us. They are a big part of the reason you are on 3rd base after all.

I'd argue the new GSU fans know a hell of a lot more about lesser times than the old.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'd argue the new GSU fans know a hell of a lot more about lesser times than the old.

Of couse you would. You may think that you went through it on your own but they were there as well....speaking in generalities of course. You have experienced nothing that any of them have not experienced but they have experienceed things you have not...that is until they kick the bucket and then you can begin having this argument with the less experienced version of you.xlolx

dungeonjoe
October 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
WC does have smallest enrollment, and the playing field is even. Both are right. I read the article from the sense of a school that recruits to its system that has fit for decades. It is a different system than 90% of college football. We have a staff that has been there (and adapted for a new day) for decades. Yes, we may have 65 scholarships. But that does not mean we recruit everyone. There is a smaller niche of athletes we recruit. They are not always as "gifted" as most FBS schools or even state supported FCS athletes. But they have the coaches, facilities, and resources to compete at higher levels than they probably should.

You will hear no excuses from me. Most terrier fans are alumni like me who remember NAIA days or d2 days; we are in a different place now. Thank goodness! (I can remember when Crabbyterrier slipped out of Snyder stadium to get a drink during the 3rd quarter...a few times! Those were the days)

Grizo406
October 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Per the thread title, one of the things Wofford isn't small in is their hospitality, and pride in their football program!

When we were there last month, we were blessed with a complete tour of their facility, and nothing was off limits! While we were in the Visitor's Locker Room, someone wrote "Go Griz!" on on the grease board. The equipment manager that was giving us the tour laughed, and left it there!

The way we were treated by the Wofford folks, proves to me that there ain't nothin' small about Wofford University!xsalutexxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
October 10th, 2012, 09:44 PM

Why would that be, since older fans have been through both?

dungeonjoe
October 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Per the thread title, one of the things Wofford isn't small in is their hospitality, and pride in their football program!

When we were there last month, we were blessed with a complete tour of their facility, and nothing was off limits! While we were in the Visitor's Locker Room, someone wrote "Go Griz!" on on the grease board. The equipment manager that was giving us the tour laughed, and left it there!

The way we were treated by the Wofford folks, proves to me that there ain't nothin' small about Wofford University!xsalutexxthumbsupxxthumbsupx
I guess y'all met Gordon, the legend. Sorry I missed you. You have seen more of the facilities than I have.

crabby terrier
October 10th, 2012, 10:19 PM
WC does have smallest enrollment, and the playing field is even. Both are right. I read the article from the sense of a school that recruits to its system that has fit for decades. It is a different system than 90% of college football. We have a staff that has been there (and adapted for a new day) for decades. Yes, we may have 65 scholarships. But that does not mean we recruit everyone. There is a smaller niche of athletes we recruit. They are not always as "gifted" as most FBS schools or even state supported FCS athletes. But they have the coaches, facilities, and resources to compete at higher levels than they probably should.

You will hear no excuses from me. Most terrier fans are alumni like me who remember NAIA days or d2 days; we are in a different place now. Thank goodness! (I can remember when Crabbyterrier slipped out of Snyder stadium to get a drink during the 3rd quarter...a few times! Those were the days)

that's exactly why i posted it...PRIDE IN MY SCHOOL!!!

DJ, those were definitely 4 of the best yrs of my life!

GO TERRIERS!!!

crabby terrier
October 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM

grizo, there is nothing small about UM hospitalty! i regret the fact that i could not make it to the 2007 playoff game with you guys! after spending the week on your board and our board and reading everything your fans/players/coaches said, i was blown away!!! the wofford fans that did make the trip reported that they had NEVER experienced such great hospitality at ANY game before. they said they never had to buy a drink anywhere...even moreso after game!! the humilty that your fans exemplified on our board after the game was unreal and obviously made an impact on me. i will always pull for the griz...unless my terriers are on the other side.

GO TERRIERS!!!

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Typically fans mature, but YT has actually regressed, really used to like reading his posts.

Cry me a river, for I drink the tears of App fans.

I apologize for not being a total kiss-***.

cbarrier90
October 11th, 2012, 12:35 AM

Why are you so angry?

Your fans cry for respect from the "elders" at the SoCon table, then turn around and make threads like these trying to play the "woe is me/little engine that could/us against the world" small-school underdog card. That's being very hypocritical, and we're simply calling you out for it.

When the opening kickoff is booted, you're facing another team with the same number of scholarships, recruited from the same areas as your fellow SoCon schools. That's what matters, but if this rationalization makes you as a fan feel any better about losing to any of the "elders," by all means continue. I guarantee you Coach Ayers has never used any of these excuses.

I would've thought with the consistency of success from the football program, most Wofford fans would have dropped the whole "Facing the Giants" notion a long time ago. I guess I was mistaken. And Saint's right, you have regressed...

crabby terrier
October 11th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Why are you so angry?

Your fans cry for respect from the "elders" at the SoCon table, then turn around and make threads like these trying to play the "woe is me/little engine that could/us against the world" small-school underdog card. That's being very hypocritical, and we're simply calling you out for it.

When the opening kickoff is booted, you're facing another team with the same number of scholarships, recruited from the same areas as your fellow SoCon schools. That's what matters, but if this rationalization makes you as a fan feel any better about losing to any of the "elders," by all means continue. I guarantee you Coach Ayers has never used any of these excuses.

I would've thought with the consistency of success from the football program, most Wofford fans would have dropped the whole "Facing the Giants" notion a long time ago. I guess I was mistaken. And Saint's right, you have regressed...

NO and NO. from my post on pg 3:

"i didn't put the article up for that purpose. i put it up because it is a good read and i am proud of my school/team!
i only made the "small" school comment because paintballer was so quick to jump on that aspect of the article and "ongoing" debate."

that's not what the article was about! so please don't make these huge sweeping generaliztions.

GO TERRIERS!!!

Darlinikki150
October 11th, 2012, 05:39 AM
article in the sporting news today:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm

Proud of my HORT-HAIRED DOGS!!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

Congrats, its a very nice article. I would be stoked if there was an article that complementary about NDSU, nothing wrong with alittle team pride my friend.

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 06:21 AM
No, it didn't. If you want to know why a thread was locked, why not go there and ask?

My bad DJ. I thought I remembered something like that happening on the site, but I guess I was wrong about it or misunderstood what was going on.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Why are you so angry?

And Saint's right, you have regressed...

Agree, this little pup seems so full of piss and vinegar lately. One person (a GSU fan) makes a comment about student enrollment not really affecting quality of student athletes, and suddenly it's "dumbass this," and "dumbass" that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm1osmEK3f8

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Why are you so angry?

Given the lack of blue-chip athletes, tough academic standards, physical size of players like Odom, etc., running an "outdated" scheme, in many ways we are David facing the giant. The thing is, given all of that, we have been successful within the SoCon and in FCS. All of that success happened within a short time, but the basics of who we are haven't changed. Like it or not, we do more with less. So yeah! We are proud of that and that we compete.
As far as YT is concerned, he has heard from many quarters for most of his life from posters on this board how inadequate Wofford is. Since some of you now say we are equal with everyone else, I guess he has finally won the argument because you acknowledge Wofford's arrival

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Agree, this little pup seems so full of piss and vinegar lately. One person (a GSU fan) makes a comment about student enrollment not really affecting quality of student athletes, and suddenly it's "dumbass this," and "dumbass" that.

I think you need to read his first post in this thread again. BTW, Wofford didn't write the article and a wofford fan didn't start the small school thing on this thread.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 06:40 AM
that's exactly why i posted it...PRIDE IN MY SCHOOL!!!

DJ, those were definitely 4 of the best yrs of my life!

GO TERRIERS!!!xrotatehxxthumbsupx

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I'm sorry DJ, but with all due respect, I don't think I've seen anyone seriously refer to Wofford as inadequate. I have seen smack directed towards Wofford as well as many other schools. I'll admit some of that smack has gotten my panties in a wad at times too. But most of it is meant in gest, though we might not always be inclined to take it as such when we first see it. I think that when it comes down to it, most everyone on this board respects the Wofford program and sees it as a very good FCS team that is definitely among the SoCon's best most years now. And I can see how some of youngterrier's posts (and some of my own for that matter) could get on some folks' nerves if you look at things from their point of view. Similarly, there are posts that get under my skin. It is what it is. There are a number of us that need to learn not to take what is said here so seriously, or take ourselves so seriously.

Good article BTW. And Ayers would never offer any excuses as to why we can't win or didn't win. Wofford is VERY lucky to have Mike Ayers. He and his staff are the main reason for our success.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 06:47 AM
As far as YT is concerned, he has heard from many quarters for most of his life from posters on this board how inadequate Wofford is. Since some of you now say we are equal with everyone else, I guess he has finally won the argument because you acknowledge Wofford's arrival

Equality and respect are not the same thing. I think people around here respect Wofford, as they should, academically and athletically. But if guys, YT especially want to seek some sort of external validation by the opinions of others as to whether or not you have "arrived", good luck with that.

You guys do have a kick-a$$ sound system in your stadium though. Blows ours out of the water.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I'm sorry DJ, but with all due respect, I don't think I've seen anyone seriously refer to Wofford as inadequate. I have seen smack directed towards Wofford as well as many other schools. I'll admit some of that smack has gotten my panties in a wad at times too. But most of it is meant in gest, though we might not always be inclined to take it as such when we first see it. I think that when it comes down to it, most everyone on this board respects the Wofford program and sees it as a very good FCS team that is definitely among the SoCon's best most years now. And I can see how some of youngterrier's posts (and some of my own for that matter) could get on some folks' nerves if you look at things from their point of view. Similarly, there are posts that get under my skin. It is what it is. There are a number of us that need to learn not to take what is said here so seriously, or take ourselves so seriously.

Good article BTW. And Ayers would never offer any excuses as to why we can't win or didn't win. Wofford is VERY lucky to have Mike Ayers. He and his staff are the main reason for our success.

+10,000

OL FU
October 11th, 2012, 06:59 AM
YT never loses and argument, just ask himxsmugx

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 07:23 AM
I think you need to read his first post in this thread again. BTW, Wofford didn't write the article and a wofford fan didn't start the small school thing on this thread.

Actually the first person to say "small school" was Woffordgrad94.

lolz. I love how my comment gets totally ignored. If Wofford can't play the "small school" card, GSU/App State can't play the "your gameday atmosphere sucks" card.

Where was this brought up or mentioned in this thread? Oh yeah. It was YT. Nobody in this particular discussion said anything about your game day atmosphere except you. That's why your comment got ignored, moron. Go ahead and tout your jumbo-tron (while telling us to ****-off). It's nice, like I said about your sound system. You are REALLY being sensitive about something nobody was talking about directly. You're like a crazy ex-girlfriend that wants to bring up a fight from last month about taking out the trash when we were talking about grocery shopping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1n5CQe1krI

gsu_paintballer
October 11th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Sounds like someone is bracing himself for Saturday.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 07:45 AM

You and I travel in different circles, so don't tell me what I have heard. I disregard the smack. But i do hear stuff FBS fans, and the fans from other major FCS schools.

Saint3333
October 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM

Someone is in that I'm a bad*** college kid stage. A few years from now you may look back and realize that. Pride cometh before a fall young one.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 07:57 AM

I was equating enrollment with small school which is the second or third post. WG94, did put his own gas to the flame however

Where was this brought up or mentioned in this thread? Oh yeah. It was YT. Nobody in this particular discussion said anything about your game day atmosphere except you. That's why your comment got ignored, moron. Go ahead and tout your jumbo-tron (while telling us to ****-off). It's nice, like I said about your sound system. You are REALLY being sensitive about something nobody was talking about directly. You're like a crazy ex-girlfriend that wants to bring up a fight from last month about taking out the trash when we were talking about grocery shopping.
Perhaps he is.

Ah yes, WG94 who puts his on brand of gasoline on the fire. However, I think "enrollment" was mentioned earlier. Wofford's enrollment is the smallest in the SoCon.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 11th, 2012, 08:01 AM
This is where I always have and still do cross the partisan aisle. The SoCon has more private schools than any major FCS conference (now that Hofstra and Northeastern have quit), and is almost always tops in attendance in the FCS outside of the SWAC. And you could say that App. and GSU prop up the attendance numbers, but you can find a small percentage of programs in the CAA, MVFC, and Big Sky that basically do the same thing in their conferences.

Bottom line...if it's a choice between a small private school with money and a commitment to football and an ETSU type school that is basically indifferent towards football, the choice is a no-brainer. The SoCon IMO has been planning for a future without GSU and ASU and IMO they've made good choices. Why would they make choices for new membership to please G/ASU when we have one foot out the door, anyways?

Furthermore, I think ASU and GSU do have advantages over schools like Wofford and Furman in terms of lower admission standards for athletes and better gameday crowds, but some of that is offset by the fact that athletes who are talented and smart who know they are not going to play in the NFL are more likely to choose stronger academic institutions. And no, App. homers, just because your APR scores are at the top does not mean your caliber of football student athletes and your academics are more in a category with Wofford and Furman than GSU.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 08:04 AM
This is where I always have and still do cross the partisan aisle. The SoCon has more private schools than any major FCS conference (now that Hofstra and Northeastern have quit), and is almost always tops in attendance in the FCS outside of the SWAC. And you could say that App. and GSU prop up the attendance numbers, but you can find a small percentage of programs in the CAA, MVFC, and Big Sky that basically do the same thing in their conferences.

Bottom line...if it's a choice between a small private school with money and a commitment to football and an ETSU type school that is basically indifferent towards football, the choice is a no-brainer. The SoCon IMO has been planning for a future without GSU and ASU and IMO they've made good choices. Why would they make choices for new membership to please G/ASU when we have one foot out the door, anyways?

Furthermore, I think ASU and GSU do have advantages over schools like Wofford and Furman in terms of lower admission standards for athletes and better gameday crowds, but some of that is offset by the fact that athletes who are talented and smart who know they are not going to play in the NFL are more likely to choose stronger academic institutions. And no, App. homers, just because your APR scores are at the top does not mean your caliber of football student athletes and your academics are more in a category with Wofford and Furman than GSU.
+100,000

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Someone is in that I'm a bad*** college kid stage. A few years from now you may look back and realize that. Pride cometh before a fall young one.
I hope all of us look back, don't you? That has nothing to do with pride and falling, just the age. Crabby terrier and I would not leave the game in the 3rd quarter now for an adult beverage on the row. There are days I wish I could be full of piss and vinegar. Actually, I am usually in the 3rd quarter, that is the only reason I leave my seat in the stadium these days. let a college kid be a college kid.

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I din't tell DJ what he had heard, I only pointed out that I hadn't personally heard anything about Wofford's alleged "inadequacy". I think I'm getting twisted and misunderstood a bit, and I don't understand how I put any gasoline to any fire. Wofford IS a small school...the second smallest that competes in FCS. What other word was I supposed to use besides "small" to describe the school's size? Believe me, I'm not the first person in history to refer to Wofford as "small", beacuse it IS small! But that doesn't mean they can't compete in football, though and it shouldn't be used as an excuse. And yes, there are still some associated with Wofford that think being small puts our football team at a disadvantage. I don't think it does, and that was my argument i this thread. That was the only point I was really trying to make. I am not knowingly trying to stir anything up here...I was only pointing out my observations and my thoughts on said observations. But I guess I'm going to be the bad guy in some people's eyes no matter what I say or how I try to say it- sometimes it's just a losing battle with some folks. I'm trying very hard not to let things on here get to me, but I just felt compelled to comment on this and I couldn't stop myself. I hold no hard feelings or ill will towards anyone, I just don't think we truly understand each other, where we're trying to come from, and what we're trying to say very well at times here because we don't know each other at all in many cases. Have a nice day.

cbarrier90
October 11th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Given the lack of blue-chip athletes, tough academic standards, physical size of players like Odom, etc., running an "outdated" scheme, in many ways we are David facing the giant.

I would love to be a fan of Wofford. Always winning and never losing because "we're never supposed to be in it in the first place."

Like it or not, we do more with less.

Oh, give me a break. Your most famous alum is the owner of the Carolina Panthers and his net worth is easily in the billions. You know what you have? Money. You know what Chattanooga doesn't have? Money.

Like paintballr, I find it ironic that WC goes through yet another cupcake schedule and this post gets made right when they're conveniently about to face the SoCon gauntlet.

Mr. C
October 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM

It is kind of like when the folks in the Ivy League and Patriot League (before the okay to hand out "real" athletic scholarships) painted themselves as being disadvantaged because they didn't have any "scholarship" players on their roster and were battling teams with 63 scholarships. Talk about being disingenuous.

Mr. C
October 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Given the lack of blue-chip athletes, tough academic standards, physical size of players like Odom, etc., running an "outdated" scheme, in many ways we are David facing the giant. The thing is, given all of that, we have been successful within the SoCon and in FCS. All of that success happened within a short time, but the basics of who we are haven't changed. Like it or not, we do more with less. So yeah! We are proud of that and that we compete.

Anyone who really knows football, or anyone who has tried to stop it, knows there is nothing "outdated" by Wofford, or Georgia Southern's offensive schemes. And if you look closely, you can easily see how that the fine coaches at both of these institutions have continued to adapt and change to keep up with innovations from other places.

ASUMountaineer
October 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM

I knew WoCo had arrived when they beat us at homecoming in 2002 (my senior year). DOH!

ASUMountaineer
October 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM

xlolx Someone is letting anonymous message board posters get under their skin again...

ASUMountaineer
October 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
but academic standards and stuff like gameday atmosphere (than any App/GSU fan won't let the likes of Wofford, Furman, Samford, etc forget how inferior they are in that aspect in comparison) sure do, and those have a correlation to student population, so I don't really want to hear it.

That seems to be a bit exaggerated.

blueballs
October 11th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I have a lot of respect for Wofford and Mike Ayers. Ayers is easily one of the top coaches in all of college football IMO. He runs a clean program and fields a helluva team that is hard to beat every year.

I used to think that he did more with less than anybody else in the division until I saw their budget. They ain't exactly hurtin' up there in Sparkleburg. The size of the college makes for a good story, a romantic narrative, and is good for their college, the conference, and the division. Nevertheless, I want to stomp the everloving s--t out of them Saturday.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Why are you so angry?

I'm not angry, just annoyed.

This conversation comes up every single freaking year.

And people are surprised that my outlook on things have changed since I was 14.

I'm annoyed that people consider me to "digress" because I don't kiss their *** as much as I did when I was 14.

So cry me a river.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 10:50 AM

lolz. Read what I said. paraphrasing does no justice to that.

Eaglesrus
October 11th, 2012, 10:50 AM

That seems to be a bit exaggerated.

Yeah, and I think that's what others were saying when talking about YT earlier in the thread. He seems to have become less reasonable/more combative lately, which has caught me by surprise.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM
lolz. Read what I said. paraphrasing does no justice to that.

Whatever. That's when you started in on "stop telling us our game day experience sucks or I'll tell my dad," argument.

"LOLZ!"

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Equality and respect are not the same thing. I think people around here respect Wofford, as they should, academically and athletically. But if guys, YT especially want to seek some sort of external validation by the opinions of others as to whether or not you have "arrived", good luck with that.

You guys do have a kick-a$$ sound system in your stadium though. Blows ours out of the water.

I don't need any validation from any of you people. I'm just tired of recycled rhetoric.

I think it's safe to say we've "arrived" after finishing in the top 2 in conference 4 of the last 5 years. It's just really annoying to hear people say stuff like "Well you put out a great team every year, but your fans are absolutely terrible because they don't come out and support" etc etc and thus all of this smack talk pops up about us being a high school atmosphere, etc.

And from there, once we try to play the "we're a 1.5k student school with <20k students in the middle of Spartanburg,SC " we hear a total change in subject like we're making an excuse as if we're making an excuse for losing, when in reality the only real time we bring up our size, etc is when people reference us as a high school, so we (sarcastically) imagine that it must be pretty amazing that we can even compete, let alone beat teams as a glorified high school.

I mean, for Christ sake, I can run through the dialogue on the top of my head right now.
<leading up to the game>
App & Wofford fans-good dialogue about good game coming up
<App beats Wofford in a blow out>
random App fan: lolz we just beat the **** out of Wofford, they suck, their program is terrible, they can't even sell out their little stadium or stand and support
Wofford fan: Then you should be ashamed to have ever lost to little old us ever
ASU fan: size isn't an excuse!
<conversation degrades into nonsensical banter that is repetitive and redundant. note: I used App as an example, because it has come up in the past more often with them, because we've been blown out by them more than GSU>

And so it goes. over and over again. Every year. It's really boring.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I would love to be a fan of Wofford. Always winning and never losing because "we're never supposed to be in it in the first place."

Oh, give me a break. Your most famous alum is the owner of the Carolina Panthers and his net worth is easily in the billions. You know what you have? Money. You know what Chattanooga doesn't have? Money.

Like paintballr, I find it ironic that WC goes through yet another cupcake schedule and this post gets made right when they're conveniently about to face the SoCon gauntlet.
I never said we weren't supposed to be there in the first place. I said OTHERS have said we don't belong. We will lose occasionallyxrotatehxxrotatehx. The expectation for us is to win. We have gotten there, but it came with time, effort, and money. Yes, Jerry's money has helped greatly---in fact we couldn't have done it without him. Which, kinda makes my point.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:07 AM

haha, you're taking things way too seriously bro. You're new here, so I'll cut you some slack. After posting here 4 years or so, I can tell you you will see the arguments go in a loop. That's my point. My point is, I've seen it happen and it's not even worth putting forth an argument anymore. That's why I'm so dismissive. Size of the school does matter because it contributes to other intangible factors, not just number of scholarships or (directly) to the talent of the athletes. Whenever Wofford fans bring up our size, it's a reaction to overused smack that involves our size in the first place.

And you can't see that. So I laugh at you. If you think I give anything I post here a second thought, you would be mistaken.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM

replace badass with apathetic about the opinions of people on the internet, and you'd be more accurate.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM

example number 5976893475973495734957 of someone completely missing the point.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
xlolx Someone is letting anonymous message board posters get under their skin again...

Does saying no-no words equivocate to letting someone get under my skin? I thought said message implied the opposite.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I don't need any validation from any of you people. I'm just tired of recycled rhetoric.

I think it's safe to say we've "arrived" after finishing in the top 2 in conference 4 of the last 5 years. It's just really annoying to hear people say stuff like "Well you put out a great team every year, but your fans are absolutely terrible because they don't come out and support" etc etc and thus all of this smack talk pops up about us being a high school atmosphere, etc.

And from there, once we try to play the "we're a 1.5k student school with <20k students in the middle of Spartanburg,SC " we hear a total change in subject like we're making an excuse as if we're making an excuse for losing, when in reality the only real time we bring up our size, etc is when people reference us as a high school, so we (sarcastically) imagine that it must be pretty amazing that we can even compete, let alone beat teams as a glorified high school.

I mean, for Christ sake, I can run through the dialogue on the top of my head right now.
<leading up to the game>
random App fan: lolz we just beat the **** out of Wofford, they suck, their program is terrible, they can't even sell out their little stadium or stand and support
<conversation degrades into nonsensical banter that is repetitive and redundant. note: I used App as an example, because it has come up in the past more often with them, because we've been blown out by them more than GSU>

a fair post, except that Christ's sake part. Wofford is a triple option school and Methodist to boot. The better option would have been for John Wesley's sake.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM
You know, if Apphole or another Appy fan wants to call us "the Stink," I could care less. Every year we get comments about being toothless ignorant rednecks who eat gnats and screw our first cousins. And that is said in jest with only HALF of it being accurate. I don't care.

So if Appy beats you and their fans want to talk about beating a tiny piss-ant school with a crappy fan base, then you shut your damn mouth and take it. Because I can bet you for damn sure if Wofford beats Appy, you're going to go off on how you beat the mighty App and their juggernaut hillbilly army or how you emptied 20,000 out of Kidd Brewer in the 4th quarter.

I think I'll stop laying the lumber now. We're going to do enough of that on Saturday to you.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Whatever. That's when you started in on "stop telling us our game day experience sucks or I'll tell my dad," argument.

"LOLZ!"

Now you aren't even paraphrasing. Are you being intentionally dishonest or lazy? I mean I can paraphrase what you say in any context and make it sound something completely different from what you meant. It's what you're doing here and continue to do. We have a quote button and a mult-quote button at the bottom right. Use it.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
You know, if Apphole or another Appy fan wants to call us "the Stink," I could care less. Every year we get comments about being toothless ignorant rednecks who eat gnats and screw our first cousins. And that is said in jest with only HALF of it being accurate. I don't care.

So if Appy beats you and their fans want to talk about beating a tiny piss-ant school with a crappy fan base, then you shut your damn mouth and take it. Because I can bet you for damn sure if Wofford beats Appy, you're going to go off on how you beat the mighty App and their juggernaut hillbilly army or how you emptied 20,000 out of Kidd Brewer in the 4th quarter.

I think I'll stop laying the lumber now. We're going to do enough of that on Saturday to you.

You consider the smack you post "laying the lumber?" Incoherent babbling passes as that?

Well ****, I guess I have this internet thing figured out better than I thought.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Go study, YT. Recess is over.

OL FU
October 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I hope all of us look back, don't you? That has nothing to do with pride and falling, just the age. Crabby terrier and I would not leave the game in the 3rd quarter now for an adult beverage on the row. There are days I wish I could be full of piss and vinegar. Actually, I am usually in the 3rd quarter, that is the only reason I leave my seat in the stadium these days. let a college kid be a college kid.

I kinda like the college kid YT. Used to be he only pissed on my shoes, now he can actually reach up and bite my anklesxlolx

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I kinda like the college kid YT. Used to be he only pissed on my shoes, now he can actually reach up and bite my anklesxlolx

College provides substances of which would make me do that. Be careful what you wish for:D

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Go study, YT. Recess is over.

Ha! Your own fans are tired of you.

And that incoherent babbling your are taking about is what's known as a "double standard." You will learn more about this when and if you get a girlfriend.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM

And that incoherent babbling your are taking about is what's known as a "double standard." You will learn more about this when and if you get a girlfriend.

I know you think you just laid some pretty nice smack right there, but I can let you know for a fact that if you are going to use that fan as an example of someone getting tired of me, you really are very much new here.

If you don't know the reason why, stick around, gather some context clues, you'll figure it out. You're making a fool out of yourself.

I can feel the anger and failure swelling in you newb.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
"Context clues?" "Context" would have worked just fine. But it seems you continue to try to "over-on-top-of compensate."

:)

dungeonjoe

Actually, I am paying some of the bills for him to go to Wofford and I don't want to see him waste his time with idiots like us when physics class and a social life beyond the computer screen is there.

Reign of Terrier
"Context clues?" "Context" would have worked just fine. But it seems you continue to try to "over-on-top-of compensate."

:)

My God. Do you wear a helmet or something?

OL FU
October 11th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Actually, I am paying some of the bills for him to go to Wofford and I don't want to see him waste his time with idiots like us when physics class and a social life beyond the computer screen is there.

Time to put a stop payment on the checkxsmiley_wix

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe contextual clues would have been better? IDK, hard to argue with some who can't speak English.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Time to put a stop payment on the checkxsmiley_wix
yeah, I thought about that.xrolleyesx:p

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Maybe contextual clues would have been better? IDK, hard to argue with some who can't speak English.

You're bad at things. I mean seriously, it's one thing if I actually made a mistake in syntax, but context clues are a real thing. Just consult professor Google

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS496US496&oq=context+clues&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=context+clues

Seriously. This is basic stuff. Literally 4 million hits.

gsu_paintballer
October 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM
YT is scrappy like a little terrier

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah I guess you're right. I've only been out of school for 12 years now as a wage earner/taxpayer. Thanks for keeping me sharp at "things" there sparky.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Wait, as an aside, you do realize that most of the people you are taking to made it through college WITHOUT google or Wikipedia, right? So if it takes 4million hits to make a valid point, it looks like GSU will make a valid point on Wofford this weekend.

AmsterBison
October 11th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Very cool, I remember first hearing about Wofford because they were running the option like a machine and had a QB (just looked up his name) Shawn Graves who was getting close to some NDSU QBs' numbers. Would have loved to see NDSU v Wofford in 1990 and would love to see a game in the future.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Wait, as an aside, you do realize that most of the people you are taking to made it through college WITHOUT google or Wikipedia, right? So if it takes 4million hits to make a valid point, it looks like GSU will make a valid point on Wofford this weekend.

This is called hyperbole, and I didn't have to google it.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Humility comes with age and experience.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM

thanks, for circling back round. The spiral continues.

gsu2583
Humility comes with age and experience.

I'm still working on both.

Saint3333
replace badass with apathetic about the opinions of people on the internet, and you'd be more accurate.

Then you my friend are wasting your time on a message board. Think about it.

For the record this topic was started by a Wofford fan, go cry to them.

citdog
October 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
thanks, for circling back round. The spiral continues.

now "turn the other cheek" Joe..... JUST like that nice Jewish boy!

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I'm still working on both. In the interest of internet oneupsmanship, I am working on all three.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 12:01 PM

to quote Billy Joel: "we didn't start the fire" but everyone has fanned the flames.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
In the interest of internet oneupsmanship, I am working on all three.

Touché good sir. Touché.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
now "turn the other cheek" Joe..... JUST like that nice Jewish boy!

you mean Breitenstein, don't you?

citdog
October 11th, 2012, 12:09 PM
you mean Breitenstein, don't you?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QCceYHl-L._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU01_SS500_.jpg

look under letter P for WALTER PAYTON AWARD WINNER!

ASUMountaineer
October 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Does saying no-no words equivocate to letting someone get under my skin? I thought said message implied the opposite.

<leading up to the game>

No, the inability to let a "boring" argument go and to continue involving yourself in a spiraling argument that comes about annually demonstrated it quite well. If it is so "boring," you wouldn't still be posting in the thread. Clearly it gets under your skin, and I really don't have an opinion on this subject because it is ridiculous (as you've mentioned), but so is your inability to leave the "boring" thread.

No hard feelings though YT, this post isn't meant to upset you. I've been posting here for longer than four years and have always enjoyed your posts. However, lately you have seemed a little chippy...maybe I'm just getting older. xthumbsupx

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 01:36 PM
No, the inability to let a "boring" argument go and to continue involving yourself in a spiraling argument that comes about annually demonstrated it quite well. If it is so "boring," you wouldn't still be posting in the thread. Clearly it gets under your skin, and I really don't have an opinion on this subject because it is ridiculous (as you've mentioned), but so is your inability to leave the "boring" thread.

No hard feelings though YT, this post isn't meant to upset you. I've been posting here for longer than four years and have always enjoyed your posts. However, lately you have seemed a little chippy...maybe I'm just getting older. xthumbsupx

You do realize I've drifted from substance on this issue and skipped to trolling, pretty much intentionally right?

If I really gave a ****, I would be providing substance. I get too much of a laugh posting facepalm pics. I'm here for me brah.

cbarrier90
October 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
You do realize I've drifted from substance on this issue and skipped to trolling, pretty much intentionally right?

So you're saying your little "crusade" in this thread died so you resorted to a posting style you're not any good at...

The irony here is this thread was created to talk about how little ol' Wofford had reached the "big time" in athletics and it turned into the manifestation of a fanbase's Napoleon complex.

Apphole
October 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
YT has had a Harvey Dent style fall from grace in this thread. And the language!! You better hope your dad isn't looking over your shoulder. I'd hate for you to get grounded for the GaSo game.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'm here for me brah.

Translation "I'm here for me" = selfish. "Brah" = douche.
I shall now refer to you as "S.D." Rather than YT.

What's sad is you say you skipped to trolling. Son, you are too caught up in this to notice I've been trolling you all day.

Goodnight SD. I'm going to spend some time with my 3 and 1 year old, who will, undoubtedly, put up more if a fight than you.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM

What's sad is you say you skipped to trolling. Son, you are too caught up in this to notice I've been trolling you all day.

Goodnight SD. I'm going to spend some time with my 3 and 1 year old, who will, undoubtedly, put up more if a fight than you.
I think he knew that, 2583. He caught your contextual clues.

gsu2583
October 11th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Can never be too careful stating the obvious. Just seems easy to get his blood up.

dungeonjoe
October 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Can never be too careful stating the obvious. Just seems easy to get his blood up.

That was supposed to be a joke. See one of the earlier pages of this wildfire of a thread.

woffordgrad94
October 11th, 2012, 07:03 PM
deleted

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM
So you're saying your little "crusade" in this thread died so you resorted to a posting style you're not any good at...

The irony here is this thread was created to talk about how little ol' Wofford had reached the "big time" in athletics and it turned into the manifestation of a fanbase's Napoleon complex.

I never had a crusade in this thread. Said crusade died sometime in the last dozen times this issue has been brought up. I don't really care if I'm good at it, I had my own laughs.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 08:01 PM
YT has had a Harvey Dent style fall from grace in this thread. And the language!! You better hope your dad isn't looking over your shoulder. I'd hate for you to get grounded for the GaSo game.

It's hard to ground a college kid 2 hours away.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 08:02 PM

For someone who was trolling me, you've taken this way too seriously xlolx

Saint3333
October 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM
When I was a college kid Thursdays were not spent on message boards.

Reign of Terrier
October 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM

Meh, this is my in between time (between studying and social "things"). If you're insinuating I don't have a social life, you'd be radically mistaken.

Saint3333
October 11th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Apathetic of others opinions?

You have me convinced.

crabby terrier
October 11th, 2012, 09:00 PM

All I did was post the article and say I was proud of my terriers! Nothing more! A gsu fan came on next and posted a comment that implied I was making the "small school" argument. I in NO way said anything about it. JUST BRAGGING ABOUT MY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!xbangxxbangxxbangx

crabby terrier
October 11th, 2012, 09:13 PM

REALLY!!!???!!! I Just read the f#£¥ing article!!! It was just posted on TSN!!! Nothing convenient about it!!!

And just because mr. Richardson is worth billions doesn't mean, wofford gets billions!!! Yes, he definitely helped us with our new facilities and without his help it would have taken us two or three times as long to get where we are.

Man, I hope we STOMP A MUDHOLE IN YOUR A$$E$ on Saturday!!!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

Grizo406
October 11th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I guess y'all met Gordon, the legend. Sorry I missed you. You have seen more of the facilities than I have.

Gordon musta' been the guy I talked with the most. Great sense of humor, and fun to talk to! While he was in the equipment room, I was chatting him up...big time. Told him that if I could get a Wofford helmet, it would really make my day! And, I'd even pay for it!

He smiled, and said he might be able to fix me up! Needless to say, I was pretty happy! My happiness didn't last long...he told me that the only thing it would cost me was a Griz playbook!

If anyone hasn't see our tour of Wofford, it starts at about the 7:33 point of alpha's outstanding video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1rO8tN8VI&feature=plcp

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1rO8tN8VI&feature=plcp)

gsu_paintballer
October 11th, 2012, 09:16 PM
REALLY!!!???!!! I Just read the f#£¥ing article!!! It was just posted on TSN!!! Nothing convenient about it!!!

And just because mr. Richardson is worth billions doesn't mean, wofford gets billions!!! Yes, he definitely helped us with our new facilities and without his help it would have taken us two or three times as long to get where we are.

GO TERRIERS!!!

That would be an ASU fan you're replying to there.

crabby terrier
October 11th, 2012, 09:20 PM

As I have stated, this article was a complimentary article about Wofford and I simply was proud of my school and wanted to share it! Nothing more, nothing less!!!

And what fans are you talking about that turned it into a "Napoleon complex"???

GO TERRIERS!!!

crabby terrier
October 11th, 2012, 09:32 PM
That would be an ASU fan you're replying to there.

Sry.

Hope we do it on his Saturday too! :p

GO TERRIERS!!!

Darlinikki150
October 12th, 2012, 03:49 AM
As I have stated, this article was a complimentary article about Wofford and I simply was proud of my school and wanted to share it! Nothing more, nothing less!!!

And what fans are you talking about that turned it into a "Napoleon complex"???

GO TERRIERS!!!

Jealousy is a bitch Crabby Terrier, just ignore the bullies. They thought I was some guy who was banned until I showed a picture of my Bison panties! Most just need to bitch for the sake of bitching.

cbarrier90
October 12th, 2012, 08:12 AM

GO TERRIERS!!!

All of these posts you are responding to from Saint and I are directed at YT, not you.

Man, what has gotten into these Wofford fans? Such unexpected hostilities...

AppAlum2003
October 12th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Whoa... Terrier fans coming out of the woodwork lately.

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 08:36 AM
All of these responses you are responding to from Saint and I are directed at YT, not you.

Man, what has gotten into these Wofford fans? Such unexpected hostilities...
Oh, we are a small but hearty group. Overlooked by many. We don't have massive numbers, so some call us inadequate. Yes, our enrollment in the terrier club is small compared to other SoCon fan clubs, but we compete. We do pretty well against the Goliath-sized fanbases on occasion. We bite ankles and generally irritate the hell out of people as only small fierce dogs can do. Even when outnumbered two to one by zealous fans, we still put up a hostile fight. :)

Apphole
October 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Whoa... Terrier fans coming out of the woodwork lately.

They're getting it out of their systems. After consecutive loses in the coming two weeks, they won't be able to act like this again this season.

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM
They're getting it out of their systems. After consecutive loses in the coming two weeks, they won't be able to act like this again this season.

Acting defensive and combative? Nah, that's pretty much all the time win or lose.

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 09:18 AM
If we win the next two I will smack you guys big time. But I'm sure some of the ASU/GSU clan won't be around to take that smack should that scenario occur.

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM
See what I mean? Me and 94, a great team!

Apphole
October 12th, 2012, 09:25 AM
If we win the next two I will smack you guys big time. But I'm sure some of the ASU/GSU clan won't be around to take that smack should that scenario occur.

We had more posters talking on AGS right after the Citadel game than Woffy has at any time. Be serious, man. We are large AND dignified.

AppAlum2003
October 12th, 2012, 09:25 AM

Says the guy with 700 posts in 6 years whom I don't remember existing...

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 09:28 AM
We had more posters talking on AGS right after the Citadel game than Woffy has at any time. Be serious, man. We are large AND dignified.

Lol!

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 09:32 AM

I am glad to hear it. I didn't figure the Apphole to be going anywhere anyway

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Says the guy with 700 posts in 6 years whom I don't remember existing...

Well, I would've like to have been here verbal jousting with you guys but I'd been spending a lot of time with my sick father. He passed away several months ago. I hope that qualifies as a good enough excuse for my absence.

AppAlum2003
October 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Well, I would've like to have been here verbal jousting with you guys but I'd been spending a lot of time with my sick father. He passed away several months ago. I hope that qualifies as a good enough excuse for my absence.

Regardless of the rhetoric around here, condolences on your father's passing.

Besides, wtf are we arguing about this crap? Who cares? Wofford has a very good team. ASU has a pretty good team. I like oatmeal.

Apphole
October 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Lol!

I don't see you or anyone denying it. C'est Vrai

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Acting defensive and combative? Nah, that's pretty much all the time win or lose.

As the "dad" of a JRT for 13 years-this is certainly an accurate description of a terrier.

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Regardless of the rhetoric around here, condolences on your father's passing.

Besides, wtf are we arguing about this crap? Who cares? Wofford has a very good team. ASU has a pretty good team. I like oatmeal..

I like oatmeal too, so we have that in common. Thanks for the condolences. It was a trying time, but both my dad and I are at peace now. And we're just here fooling around, we don't really mean to be vicious. But very good>pretty good, so by your own admission Wofford should beat App. :D

AppAlum2003
October 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM

I like oatmeal too, so we have that in common. Thanks for the condolences. It was a trying time, but both my dad and I are at peace now. And we're just here fooling around, we don't really mean to be vicious. But very good>pretty good, so by your own admission Wofford should beat App. :D

Is Wofford better at what they do? Yes. They are very good at what they do. They can beat a lot of teams by forcing their will on them. They have all of the discipline that ASU lacks.

ASU is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle this year... a lot of key injuries and a lot of youth have lead to very inconsistent play.

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I don't see you or anyone denying it. C'est Vrai
I wasn't into denying it, I thought you were playing along with my sarcasm in post #134, and I found it funny. Especially when you talk about the large fan base. The comical part was the dignified comment. There are parts of App's fan base that are as dignified as Wofford's is secure... peace brother.

Apphole
October 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I wasn't into denying it, I thought you were playing along with my sarcasm in post #134, and I found it funny. Especially when you talk about the large fan base. The comical part was the dignified comment. There are parts of App's fan base that are as dignified as Wofford's is secure... peace brother.

We have more dignity in our tiny peckers than Wofford has in that entire thimble of a stadium.

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
We have more dignity in our tiny peckers than Wofford has in that entire thimble of a stadium.
We have more students at Wofford than the entire student section at App has teeth.

Apphole
October 12th, 2012, 10:42 AM
We have more students at Wofford than the entire student section at App has teeth.
I think you're confusing App students with Boone locals. Most students are from Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro area. They have great teeth. Now the indigenous population on the other hand....

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I think you're confusing App students with Boone locals. Most students are from Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro area. They have great teeth. Now the indigenous population on the other hand....
my bad, I meant Western Carolina.

Apphole
October 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
my bad, I meant Western Carolina.

I heard the tooth fairy struck it rich in the Whee

dungeonjoe
October 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I heard the tooth fairy struck it rich in the Whee
Yeah, I heard Western Carolina School of Dentistry sees as many patients as the football team scores touchdowns.

ASUMountaineer
October 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM

If I really gave a ****, I would be providing substance. I get too much of a laugh posting facepalm pics. I'm here for me brah.

xlolx Yup, you sure got me.

I hope you have something better to do than to troll AGS for laughs in a so-called "boring" thread on a Thursday night.

What I realize is that you have a couple of different reasons for continuing to post on a "boring" thread, and I just thought I'd point it out. But, I'm sure you're simply doing it for the laughs, brah.

I still don't get the hostility, or the "crusade," or the trolling. Seems like a waste of time, no?

(I wrote the entire post without using "no-no words") xthumbsupx I'll try to focus on our good times YT, when you were apparently kissing butt. ;)

ASUMountaineer
October 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I heard Western Carolina School of Dentistry sees as many patients as the football team scores touchdowns.

They should be filing for bankruptcy protection soon, no?

ASUMountaineer
October 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM

Ehh, I've been here sine 05, and following sports since I knew how to. A loss to WoCo is not enough to run me off...been there, done that. Also, I'm not Chattown. xnodx

ASUMountaineer
October 12th, 2012, 11:17 AM

That's because message boards didn't exist when you were a college kid Saint.

cbarrier90
October 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I was looking forward to a discussion of oatmeal... :(

Apphole
October 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I was looking forward to a discussion of oatmeal... :(

Grits>

Saint3333
October 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM
That's because message boards didn't exist when you were a college kid Saint.

Hey I'm not that old ;-). I had just graduated from grad school when this message board was created.

ASUMountaineer
October 12th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hey I'm not that old ;-). I had just graduated from grad school when this message board was created.

xlolx

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
xlolx Yup, you sure got me.

I hope you have something better to do than to troll AGS for laughs in a so-called "boring" thread on a Thursday night.

What I realize is that you have a couple of different reasons for continuing to post on a "boring" thread, and I just thought I'd point it out. But, I'm sure you're simply doing it for the laughs, brah.

I still don't get the hostility, or the "crusade," or the trolling. Seems like a waste of time, no?

(I wrote the entire post without using "no-no words") xthumbsupx I'll try to focus on our good times YT, when you were apparently kissing butt. ;)

Threads aren't boring. talking points, overused arguments, focusing on single aspects of another program, THAT is boring.

So, I stick around and make things not boring.

OL FU
October 12th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Not to change the subject, but sitting in Hotlanta watching Gaffney beat Byrnes.

so Yes I am old:o

Rekdiver
October 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM
So every 7 years like cicadas Wuff can brag. Next yeah will suck wo EB

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Not to change the subject, but sitting in Hotlanta watching Gaffney beat Byrnes.

I hope Gaffney wins. But it sure would be odd for a team that recently lost to Wade Hampton to beat Byrnes.

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 07:36 PM

Every 7 years? We beat you last year (2011), and 4 years before than in 2007. I guess math isn't a popular ASU major.

OL FU
October 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I hope Gaffney wins. But it sure would be odd for a team that recently lost to Wade Hampton to beat Byrnes.

10-9 Byrnes end of the 3rd

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM

What channel is that on?

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2012, 08:33 PM

What is english?

OL FU
October 12th, 2012, 09:12 PM
What channel is that on?

Sorry, Gaffney just took a knee. 22-18. Scored the finalTD with 1 minute left. Intercepted Byrnes next pass. Congrats YT. Two winners

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Way to go Indians...always nice to see Byrnes go down!

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
What is english?

This guy obviously didn't major in math or English. I don't mean to be the message board cops, but at least try to make a halfway intelligent post.

jonmac
October 13th, 2012, 08:24 AM
This guy obviously didn't major in math or English. I don't mean to be the message board cops, but at least try to make a halfway intelligent post.

Y'all need to get over yourselves. Many people post to message boards from phones. They are not the easiest platform from which to compose eloquent and grammatically correct messages. Autocorrect thinks it's smarter than even the most lauded, egotistical Wofford graduate. Not saying that is the case here but message board grammar police are neither needed nor appreciated. Though the diver's post may not have seemed intelligent it was intelligible. You guys may have a tough time without Breitenstein unless there's a similar horse in the stable of whom we're unaware. I cannot defend the math portion of the post though I still get his point.

OL FU
October 13th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Hell I post from a computer and can't put together a coherent paragraph.xlolx

Then again I am not getting paid to write here anywayxnonox

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Y'all need to get over yourselves. Many people post to message boards from phones. They are not the easiest platform from which to compose eloquent and grammatically correct messages. Autocorrect thinks it's smarter than even the most lauded, egotistical Wofford graduate. Not saying that is the case here but message board grammar police are neither needed nor appreciated. Though the diver's post may not have seemed intelligent it was intelligible. You guys may have a tough time without Breitenstein unless there's a similar horse in the stable of whom we're unaware. I cannot defend the math portion of the post though I still get his point.

1. Sorry if I offended. I am anything but egotistical. They tell me at work that I need MORE self confidence. I just thought more effort could've went into that post. I am posting with my IPhone right now.
2. We are not going to be a bad team without EB. I know it is easy to think so, but we have a lot of good young backs in the program, including Dorman's Raymond Smith, whom I pushed towards Wofford! He is Dorman's all time leading rusher and I know he will do great at Wofford.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 10:31 AM

Saying it was intelligible is an overstatement. With that said, it's no big deal seeing as it's a message board. Even with that said, that particular post stuck out big time and warranted a response of the smart *** variety.

cbarrier90
October 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Saying it was intelligible is an overstatement. With that said, it's no big deal seeing as it's a message board. Even with that said, that particular post stuck out big time and warranted a response of the smart *** variety.

When you're beat in an argument, start breaking down grammatical value of posts...

blueballs
October 13th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Wofford will be competitive in the conference and nationally as long as Ayers is coaching. Occasionally they will get the injury bug and have a poor season like '09 but that is buzzard's luck. IMO he runs a heckuva program.

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Wofford will be competitive in the conference and nationally as long as Ayers is coaching. Occasionally they will get the injury bug and have a poor season like '09 but that is buzzard's luck. IMO he runs a heckuva program.

+1
This guy gets it!

crabby terrier
October 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM

+1

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Threads aren't boring. talking points, overused arguments, focusing on single aspects of another program, THAT is boring.

So, I stick around and make things not boring.

New reason is boring.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
When you're beat in an argument, start breaking down grammatical value of posts...

no? completely unrelated posts bro. Calm your tits.

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Did someone say TITS? I LOVE tits! :D

Saint3333
October 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
This thread is like watching the curious case of young terrier.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
This thread is like watching the curious case of young terrier.

get the **** over yourself. You're the only one who gives a ****. Jesus.

Saint3333
October 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
A once credible poster has now become nothing more than a troll, this is a sad day.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM
A once credible poster has now become nothing more than a troll, this is a sad day.

Yawn. Seriously? You put way too much stock on the internet.

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Yawn. Seriously? You put way too much stock on the internet.

Yawn. A road trip to Stinksboro seems like a much better use of time than trolling.

GlassOnion
October 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I seem to remember somebody boasting how Wofford's offense MUST be crazy good because they put up 82 points on Lincoln, and they NEVER do that to any team. 10-6. Unless Wofy breaks loose in the 2nd half, color me unimpressed.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I seem to remember somebody boasting how Wofford's offense MUST be crazy good because they put up 82 points on Lincoln, and they NEVER do that to any team. 10-6. Unless Wofy breaks loose in the 2nd half, color me unimpressed.

Never said that.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yawn. A road trip to Stinksboro seems like a much better use of time than trolling.

You guys are extremely sensitive and it's really disappointing.

Apphole
October 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM

Usually, when she's sensitive, she's never disappointed.

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM

xlolx Just trying to see how bored I can make you. Apparently, I'm not succeeding. That's disappointing.

It looks like your boys are bored with the GSU game. I hope they get it together. Go WoCo!

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM

You speak the truth Apphole.

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM

True dat! I LOVE sensitive women! xsmiley_wixxnodx

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2012, 08:50 PM

Color me impressed with the GSU defense. They were ready for us tonight...great job by them.