PDA

View Full Version : GAME OF THE WEEK - WEEK 8

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Alright. Time to pick the winner

The winner gets a preview video made by Emory Hunt, the Czar of the Playbook, CEO of Football Gameplan, and Citdog's right hand man

Wofford at App State
ODU at Towson
McNeese at Sam Houston

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 10th, 2012, 11:56 AM
if both Wofford and App lose, this week, scratch them from the list.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I went McNeese St vs SHSU

The other two are big games but I believe this one will definitely settle a playoff bid.

andy7171
October 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
4th and 29 The Rematch!

HensRock
October 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I went McNeese St vs SHSU

The other two are big games but I believe this one will definitely settle a playoff bid.

+1

Seawolf97
October 10th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Went with ODU vs Towson.

BEAR
October 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
If McNeese loses this weekend, then they have little to play for but to ruin Sammy's playoff hopes. Big weekend THIS weekend too. xlolx

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
If McNeese loses this weekend, then they have little to play for but to ruin Sammy's playoff hopes. Big weekend THIS weekend too. xlolx

I am cheering for UCA to lose to McNeese and McNeese beat Sam and SFA beat McNeese

OR

UCA wins out, SFA wins out, Sam wins out :D

Either one I am good with

BEAR
October 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I am cheering for UCA to lose to McNeese and McNeese beat Sam and SFA beat McNeese

OR

UCA wins out, SFA wins out, Sam wins out :D

Either one I am good with

Total clustercardinal...xlolx

msupokes1
October 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM

Completely disagree. McNeese is 4-1. They could lose this weekend, win out and still get an at large birth at 9-2. I think they could lose 2 of the next 3 and win the rest. That would put them at 8-3. They would be borderline but depending on what the rest of the conference looks like that might get them in.

Nickels
October 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Completely disagree. McNeese is 4-1. They could lose this weekend, win out and still get an at large birth at 9-2. I think they could lose 2 of the next 3 and win the rest. That would put them at 8-3. They would be borderline but depending on what the rest of the conference looks like that might get them in.
No way McNeese make its in if they lose two of the next three, not after the loss the SELA. 3 conference losses isn't getting any SLC team into the playoffs.

justintyem
October 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
ODU vs Towson

813Jag
October 10th, 2012, 02:59 PM
4 & 29 revisited (ODU/Towson)

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM

Win out? Not going to happen my friend.

McNeese75
October 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM
No way McNeese make its in if they lose two of the next three, not after the loss the SELA. 3 conference losses isn't getting any SLC team into the playoffs.

You are probably right about the 3 conference loss thing but 2 losses in conference will probably do the Kats in as well with another loss likely at A&M.

McNeese75
October 10th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Win out? Not going to happen my friend.

You think that chuck and duck O the Jacks have is going be the difference? :D

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
You think that chuck and duck O the Jacks have is going be the difference? :D

Did you finally get back all of your injured players? I don't want to beat yall..again...and hear "oh no we had injuries...boo boo hee boo" :D

appfan2008
October 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM
it is hard to predict a game of the week this far out... who knows what might happen this coming weekend!

Sammy94
October 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
You are probably right about the 3 conference loss thing but 2 losses in conference will probably do the Kats in as well with another loss likely at A&M.

2 losses? If we get by McNeese then I don't see us losing another in conference but anything can happen. 3 losses, (2 to BCS foes) I see the Kats getting in.

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 03:27 PM
2 losses? If we get by McNeese then I don't see us losing another in conference but anything can happen. 3 losses, (2 to BCS foes) I see the Kats getting in.

Lamar with the upset.....

I couldn't even type that with a straight face....

BEAR
October 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM

xoutofrepx

Sammy94
October 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM
9-2 is a real possibility for the Cowboys. As long as that one loss is in Huntsville, I won't mind. IMO McNeese is the 2nd best team in the SLC. McNeese can be the Kats best friend by beating UCA and SFA and we will both be headed to post season.

SpeedkingATL
October 10th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Being a SoCon homer I've gotta go with the App/Wofford match-up. If App loses to Sammy this week they are playing for their playoff lives. If Wofford loses to GaSo this week then there could be a a number of 1 loss teams including App and Wofford in the SoCon race going into that game.

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
9-2 is a real possibility for the Cowboys. As long as that one loss is in Huntsville, I won't mind. IMO McNeese is the 2nd best team in the SLC. McNeese can be the Kats best friend by beating UCA and SFA and we will both be headed to post season.

...and UCA is the first best team in the conference. That's why this game will be a good one on Saturday

BEAR
October 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Or SELA could run the table and leave us all out.............xcoffeex

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 03:40 PM
94 will say Sam is the best team in conference, but you guys beat them. You can argue that UCA is the best in conference, yet we beat you guys...and Sam beat us...

Maybe SELA needs to run the tables just to lessen the confusion

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM
homer vote

Sammy94
October 10th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Maybe SELA needs to run the tables just to lessen the confusion

That isn't going to happen.

McNeese75
October 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Now that's just wrong xlolx

McNeese75
October 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Did you finally get back all of your injured players? I don't want to beat yall..again...and hear "oh no we had injuries...boo boo hee boo" :D

Nope, but we did pick up some new ones. Talked the Honey Badger into coming over for that weekend and some guy "ocho cinco" or something silly like that said he would give us a helping hand as well as a few guys from Texas State so we figure it's a lock now xpeacex

Sammy94
October 10th, 2012, 04:49 PM
...and UCA is the first best team in the conference

Actually using your logic, SELA is the best team and since McNeese lost to them that makes them the 2nd best team.

BEAR
October 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
If UCA loses to McNeese, that'll end all my suspense for the year and I can focus on a large tailgate instead of worrying if my Bears will go post season. Would suck...until the first BBQ bite and brew. xlolx