PDA

View Full Version : Time to play prognosticator

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2006, 10:58 AM
Well I thought Id make my first 1-AA related discussion topic an interesting one: I want you guys to predict just how your respective teams will finish this season.

I'll start things off by saying that yes Liberty finished 1-10 last year, yes we were the second worst program in ALL of 1-AA (behind Savannah State who we are playing this year), but I will say that Liberty will finish 8-3 with competitive losses to William and Mary, Wake Forest and Towson and will win the Big South in Danny Rocco's first season

AppGuy04
August 1st, 2006, 11:04 AM
Well I thought Id make my first 1-AA related discussion topic an interesting one: I want you guys to predict just how your respective teams will finish this season.

I'll start things off by saying that yes Liberty finished 1-10 last year, yes we were the second worst program in ALL of 1-AA (behind Savannah State who we are playing this year), but I will say that Liberty will finish 8-3 with competitive losses to William and Mary, Wake Forest and Towson and will win the Big South in Danny Rocco's first season

Thats pretty damn optimistic, but not sure if thats realistic.

As for my Apps, I say we go 9-2 with losses to NC State and Western Carolina to begin and end the season

GeauxColonels
August 1st, 2006, 11:13 AM
I'm looking at our schedule thinking that the Colonels will fall about 6-5 with definite losses to Nebraska and Louisiana Tech and the other three losses being either 3 conference losses or 2 SLC losses and a loss to SDSU. The Colonels will beat both D-II opponents, Southern Arkansas and Assumption College and will win 3 or 4 of its SLC games.

poly51
August 1st, 2006, 11:28 AM

I look for Cal Poly to go 9-2 with a loss to San Diego State and Montana. That would be a regular season loss in Missoula then a playoff win in Missoula. Sound familiar??

Linehawg
August 1st, 2006, 11:28 AM
I will say that Liberty will finish 8-3 with competitive losses to William and Mary, Wake Forest and Towson and will win the Big South in Danny Rocco's first season

Rocco's good but I don't think he's that good. Give it a few years and maybe. That said, I have no doubt that both Liberty and VMI will surprise a lot of people this year with a few of their victories. I'm a little more cautiously optimistic about VMI and just hope Coach Reid can cause a few eyebrows to be raised. :nod:

DUPFLFan
August 1st, 2006, 11:30 AM
For Drake - the whole season is basically the games with San Diego and Dayton.

I will optimistically guess 10-1 with the loss to Northern Iowa (closer than last year:smiley_wi ). I'm sure detroit flyer will disagree.xlolx

But we won't make the playoffs :nonono2:

lucchesicourt
August 1st, 2006, 11:51 AM
Poly51, I think you missed something in your schedule. You do play UCD this year, and I am thinking we go 9-2 too. Hmmm... For that to happen, it means that Poly will lose another one, to make them 8-3.

colgate13
August 1st, 2006, 12:02 PM
15-0. National Champions.

Fordham
August 1st, 2006, 12:08 PM
I agree with gate13 on how our season will go.

slostang
August 1st, 2006, 12:13 PM
Poly51, I think you missed something in your schedule. You do play UCD this year, and I am thinking we go 9-2 too. Hmmm... For that to happen, it means that Poly will lose another one, to make them 8-3.
I am sure that Poly51 did not miss UC Davis on our schedule seeing we play them every year. Better change your prediction for Davis to 8-3.:smiley_wi

Paladin1aa
August 1st, 2006, 12:16 PM
YSU goes at least 9-2. Hoping for 10-1 with a road loss at Penn St.

And the *****ing NCAA play-offf committeee has no choice this year--

YSU TO THE PLAY-OFFS xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

colgate13
August 1st, 2006, 12:17 PM
YSU goes at least 9-2. Hoping for 10-1 with a road loss at Penn St.

And the *****ing NCAA play-offf committeee has no choice this year--

YSU TO THE PLAY-OFFS xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Update to my prediction: Colgate hosts YSU in the first round on their way to the title.

Paladin1aa
August 1st, 2006, 12:24 PM
Bring that match-up ON !! LOL !!!! xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
August 1st, 2006, 12:25 PM
Hahaha! Im gonna enjoy just watching you guys spar each other on here. Oh and thank you to whoever fixed the small error in the thread title

AppGuy04
August 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
Maybe you should have added a disclaimer: Check the homerism at the door

SunCoastBlueHen
August 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
I think a reasonable expectation is for Delaware to go 8-3 this coming season.

West Chester and Albany should be in the win column.

We will go 3-1 vs. Rhode Island, Northeastern, Towson and Villanova (all games the Hens should win, but will find a way to lose one).

We will go 3-2 vs. the more elite group of New Hampshire, Hofstra, Richmond, JMU, and W&M. All close, competitive games.

colgate13
August 1st, 2006, 01:09 PM

WHAT? What is the fun in that????? :D

bluehenbillk
August 1st, 2006, 01:12 PM
I'll say 7-4 or 8-3 for Delaware.

UMass is the surprise team of 1-AA & Cal Poly is the disappointment.

GeauxColonels
August 1st, 2006, 01:23 PM
No homerism here. I was completely realistic with my prediction.:thumbsup:

AppGuy04
August 1st, 2006, 01:24 PM
No homerism here. I was completely realistic with my prediction.:thumbsup:

I was referring to the undefeated NC claims

GeauxColonels
August 1st, 2006, 01:26 PM
I know, I was just backing my my non-homerism. :thumbsup: :hurray:

IaaScribe
August 1st, 2006, 01:30 PM
I went through and made picks in every Big South game this fall, and this is how I see the final standings shaking out:

Coastal Carolina -- 9-2 overall, 4-0 Big South
Wins -- Elon, at Wofford, at Winston-Salem State, Furman, at VMI, Liberty, Savannah State, at Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern
Losses -- at Georgia Southern, South Carolina State

Liberty -- 7-4 overall, 3-1 Big South
Wins -- St. Paul's, Glenville State, at Savannah State, Gardner-Webb, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern, at VMI
Losses -- at Towson, at Wake Forest, William & Mary, at Coastal Carolina
**Note, I think the Western Carolina game could be a swing game between 6-5 and 7-4; I just kind of think the timing of it (Nov. 4) might favor LU

Gardner-Webb -- 6-5 overall, 2-2 Big South
Wins -- at Jacksonville, Tennessee Tech, Glenville State, VMI, at Charleston Southern, Wofford
Losses -- at Tenn.-Martin, Applachian State, at Southeast Louisiana, at Liberty, Coastal Carolina

Charleston Southern -- 6-5 overall, 1-3 Big South
Wins -- Wingate, North Greenville, at Savannah State, Edward Waters, VMI, Georgetown
Losses -- at Presbyterian, at The Citadel, Gardner-Webb, at Liberty, at Coastal Carolina
**I'm sorry, this team is a complete and utter fluke. They had no business beating either Liberty or Coastal last year. Both teams folded in the fourth quarter. The defense is still bad. There is no run game to speak of. Drafts is good, but that's not going to be enough. And you're playing Edward Freaking Waters? Come on.

VMI -- 1-10 overall, 0-4 Big South
Win -- Davidson
Losses -- at Norfolk State, at Richmond, at William & Mary, James Madison, at Army, Coastal Carolina, at Charleston Southern, at Gardner-Webb, at The Citadel, Liberty
**I'm a big Jim Reid fan, but there just isn't much talent here to work with. Jonathan Wilson is going to have a long senior year.

AppGuy04
August 1st, 2006, 01:36 PM
I went through and made picks in every Big South game this fall, and this is how I see the final standings shaking out:

Coastal Carolina -- 9-2 overall, 4-0 Big South
Wins -- Elon, at Wofford, at Winston-Salem State, Furman, at VMI, Liberty, Savannah State, at Gardner-Webb, Charleston Southern
Losses -- at Georgia Southern, South Carolina State

Liberty -- 7-4 overall, 3-1 Big South
Wins -- St. Paul's, Glenville State, at Savannah State, Gardner-Webb, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern, at VMI
Losses -- at Towson, at Wake Forest, William & Mary, at Coastal Carolina
**Note, I think the Western Carolina game could be a swing game between 6-5 and 7-4; I just kind of think the timing of it (Nov. 4) might favor LU

Gardner-Webb -- 6-5 overall, 2-2 Big South
Wins -- at Jacksonville, Tennessee Tech, Glenville State, VMI, at Charleston Southern, Wofford
Losses -- at Tenn.-Martin, Applachian State, at Southeast Louisiana, at Liberty, Coastal Carolina

Charleston Southern -- 6-5 overall, 1-3 Big South
Wins -- Wingate, North Greenville, at Savannah State, Edward Waters, VMI, Georgetown
Losses -- at Presbyterian, at The Citadel, Gardner-Webb, at Liberty, at Coastal Carolina
**I'm sorry, this team is a complete and utter fluke. They had no business beating either Liberty or Coastal last year. Both teams folded in the fourth quarter. The defense is still bad. There is no run game to speak of. Drafts is good, but that's not going to be enough. And you're playing Edward Freaking Waters? Come on.

VMI -- 1-10 overall, 0-4 Big South
Win -- Davidson
Losses -- at Norfolk State, at Richmond, at William & Mary, James Madison, at Army, Coastal Carolina, at Charleston Southern, at Gardner-Webb, at The Citadel, Liberty
**I'm a big Jim Reid fan, but there just isn't much talent here to work with. Jonathan Wilson is going to have a long senior year.

If Coastal loses the 2 you have predicted, they still might struggle to get in the playoffs, and definitely won't get in if they lose to Furman and the other 2

colgate13
August 1st, 2006, 01:39 PM

Fine party pooper. 10-3. Loss to UMass, a PL/Ivy team and in the quarterfinals of the playoffs.

IaaScribe
August 1st, 2006, 01:39 PM
AppGuy ... nothing has changed for Coastal. 9-2 probably won't be good enough. I think they need to go 3-1 against SCSU, Furman, Wofford and GSU to get a look. I'm not sure they can.

carney2
August 1st, 2006, 02:20 PM
Lafayette: 10-1 (Loss to Harvard; Patriot League AQ)

Lehigh: 9-2 (Losses to Yale and Lafayette; Playoff at-large bid)

Colgate: 8-3 (Losses to UMass, Lafayette and Lehigh)

Now, there's a "homer" call for ya. (If Mr. 13 can go "home team all the way," why can't I?) Also, it sets up THE Game as being played between two 9-1 teams that are undefeated in the League.

AppGuy04
August 1st, 2006, 02:22 PM
AppGuy ... nothing has changed for Coastal. 9-2 probably won't be good enough. I think they need to go 3-1 against SCSU, Furman, Wofford and GSU to get a look. I'm not sure they can.

I was trying to be nice, but agreed, and it will stay that way as long as they are in the Big South

NoCoDanny
August 1st, 2006, 02:28 PM
4 wins should be about right
5 would be great
3 would be disapointing
2 would be terrible
1 a disaster
0 slit wrists time

Jag4Life
August 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
10-2 w/ the SWAC Championship!

Bryant Lee is still the 3rd string QB. SU might lost to Grambling and MVSU! If not those teams then maybe somebody else! I hope for an undefeated season!

GeauxColonels
August 1st, 2006, 04:51 PM
10-2 w/ the SWAC Championship!
Anymore detail? Predictions as to what teams the Jags lose to this year?

Also, the QB from my high school alma-mater went to Southern....Bryant Lee from Hahnville High School. What's the word on him? He still there? Still sitting at QB or have they moved him to another position?

txstatebobcat
August 1st, 2006, 05:06 PM
I think that Texas State could go anywhere from 6-5 to 11-0. Its really hard to say how everything is going to go without seeing them play at least once, preferably twice.

PaladinFan
August 1st, 2006, 05:12 PM
I see Furman going 9-2 again. Losses against the Tar Heels and dropping a probable trap game against either the Citadel at home or the always upset minded Wofford Terriers on the road. El Cid always plays Furman tough and Wofford pulls off a shocker every year it seems.

It might be another year where Furman ends up beating the eventual conference champs and still winds up second.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 1st, 2006, 05:24 PM
I said two months ago that if Coen talks the talk and walks the walk Lehigh should go no worse then 9-2 this year with their schedule and 10-1 is realistic. I'll stick by 10-1 and say they're only loss is to Colgate. I just can't see Lehigh beating Colgate 3 times in a row just like Lafayette won't beat Lehigh 3 times in a row. Lehigh should be favored in all their other games.

igo4uni
August 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM
UNI goes 10-2 with losses to Iowa State and SIU.

The UNI-Dome winning streak continues.:hurray: :hurray:

gr8ness97
August 1st, 2006, 05:36 PM
WSSU...hmmm idk, maybe a win to Catawba if we are lucky, St. Augustine's, Savannah State and possibly NC A&T...chances will be there for Howard, Norfolk State, FAMU...no chance with the top of the MEAC (Hampton, SC State, BCC) or Coastal...so im guessing 2-9 or 3-8..if we lose to SSU, everybody will get fired, and i hope they do!!

TheValleyRaider
August 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM
Well, our poor record in early games indicates we should lose to UMass, chances aren't bad of us dropping one to Lafayette/Lehigh, and the rest of the schedule is certainly...

Ahh, who am I kidding? I'm a senior, and I gotta do it. 15-0 for the Title Baby! :D :hurray: :D :hurray:

Seriously, between 10-1 and 8-3. 11-0 isn't out of the question with some bounces. In the playoffs, all bets are off

RabidRabbit
August 1st, 2006, 05:53 PM
Made in Jun, and sticking with them. BTW, there's a whole 120 post thread about who's predicting how each of the GWFC will do this season at the Great West Football Conference Board.

Come over and add your thoughts!

Team Conference Overall

NDSU 3-1 9-2
Poly 3-1 9-2
UC-Davis 2-2 8-3
SDSU 2-2 6-5
SUU 0-4 2-9

NDSU - Losses to Mn, Davis all away games. Poly gets beat in dome.
Poly - Losses to San Diego St, NDSU.
UC-Davis - Losses to Poly, SDSU, TCU.
SDSU - Losses to UNI, McNeese or Nichols (not both), MT, Poly and NDSU all away games. Squeeks out the UC-Davis game as the only great home game.
SUU - Wins the 2 D-2 games. These T-Birds are SOOOOO unknown, that could be way off here. But if they are still with only 40 schollies, and going against an OOC that includes teams predicted in top 1/2 of their conferences, I believe that this is NOT a year for T-Birds soaring.Adding FL Atlantic (Sunbelt) isn't going to improve T-Birds record, but happy to see 11th game for them. 6 top 25 teams. We may never see T-birds here, but they have continued the GWFC tradition of playing up.

I look forward to a wonderful, exciting year of GWFC action. And great successes to all members in all OOC's

Go...gate
August 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
15-0. National Champions.

You really think we can run the table, 13?

I was thinking an at-large and an 8-4 again. I think Lehigh will win the PL.

catamount man
August 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Western Carolina goes 7-4 or 8-3

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

McNeese75
August 1st, 2006, 06:18 PM
Made in Jun, and sticking with them. BTW, there's a whole 120 post thread about who's predicting how each of the GWFC will do this season at the Great West Football Conference Board.

Come over and add your thoughts!

Team Conference Overall

NDSU 3-1 8-3 9-2
Poly 3-1 7-4 9-2
UC-Davis 2-2 6-4 8-3
SDSU 2-2 6-5
SUU 0-4 2-8 2-9

NDSU - Losses to Mn, NOTGSU, Davis all away games. Poly gets beat in dome.
Poly - Losses to San Diego St, NOT San Jose St., or MT, NDSU.
UC-Davis - Losses to Poly, SDSU, TCU, Not Youngstown St. all road games. If work out MSU, then add a road win to 7-4.
SDSU - Losses to UNI, McNeese or Nichols (not both), MT, Poly and NDSU all away games. Squeeks out the UC-Davis game as the only great home game.
SUU - Wins the 2 D-2 games. These T-Birds are SOOOOO unknown, that could be way off here. But if they are still with only 40 schollies, and going against an OOC that includes teams predicted in top 1/2 of their conferences, I believe that this is NOT a year for T-Birds soaring.Adding FL Atlantic (Sunbelt) isn't going to improve T-Birds record, but happy to see 11th game for them. 6 top 25 teams. We may never see T-birds here, but they have continued the GWFC tradition of playing up.

I look forward to a wonderful, exciting year of GWFC action. And great successes to all members in all OOC's

September games in Louisiana will be hot. Both games should be at night but the humidity I'm afraid could be smothering for your Rabbits. :eek:

RabidRabbit
August 1st, 2006, 06:44 PM
September games in Louisiana will be hot. Both games should be at night but the humidity I'm afraid could be smothering for your Rabbits. :eek:

Played Southern in Baton Rouge in '04 in Sept. Southern was the SWAC West champ, but a 1st year transitional SDSU managed to pull a win. Both the McNeese game and Nicholls game will be tough, but I think the Bunnies will come out 1-1 or 2-0.

WMTribe90
August 1st, 2006, 07:52 PM
WM has one of the toughest schedules in IAA in terms of home versus away games. Away games include Delaware, JMU, Maryland and UMass. We'll need to go 2-2 in those games to have any real shot at the playoffs. VMI and Liberty are the only likely/sure wins. We'll need to 4-1 against Towson, Maine, Hofstra, Villanova and Richmond. I think WM will play more consistent ball this year, but our talent is not overwhelming. Every game is winnable, except probably Maryland, but the margin for error is just too thin. I say 6-5 or 7-4 with mostly close losses.

SuperEagle
August 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM
I've noticed my fellow Eagles staying off this thread and I really can't blame them. We have no clue how we are going to do. I could see anything from 6-5 to 10-2 but who really knows? Some excitement but anxiousness out of the boro these days.

fuEMO
August 1st, 2006, 09:57 PM
I'm also going 9-2 for The Dins but if Furman comes out of the gate strong 10-1. This Furman team will be strong from the beginning on D and when the offense hits it stride I think Furman will be a tuff task in the playoffs. I think Furman will take UNC, but stub its toe early in the conference.

With only 6 seniors on the entire team, look for Furman to be a top pick in 07.

AndrewFU21
August 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM
You're right about next year, that the Paladins are probably a year away from championship contention. Still, I expect us to be pretty good again this year. If the defense continues to improve, and if Gray works out at QB, we will be tough to beat come playoff time.

Realistically, though, I expect an 8 win season out of this team. We'll likely lose at Chapel Hill and Boone, and then to somebody we ought to beat. There seem to be a lot of potential trap games this year, like JSU, WoCo, WCU, UTC, CCU. 8-3 would be a successfull season given what this team lost last year, IMO. 7-4 and no postseason would be disapointing, but not disastrous given that we'll return almost everybody next year. 9-2 would be overachieving in my eyes and 10-1 would be almost miraculous.

blukeys
August 1st, 2006, 10:17 PM
I'm going to be optimistic and say Delaware will be 9-2. I see many people being surprised at Flacco's running ability. He is a real 6'6" and 220. The secondary is deep but the D-Line is a question mark. I think the linebacking will be solid.

McNeese75
August 1st, 2006, 11:00 PM
Played Southern in Baton Rouge in '04 in Sept. Southern was the SWAC West champ, but a 1st year transitional SDSU managed to pull a win. Both the McNeese game and Nicholls game will be tough, but I think the Bunnies will come out 1-1 or 2-0.

:rolleyes: Yeah, we won in that stadium that year too with a pretty bad team. Those rabbits better eat their wheaties if they hope to get out of here 2-0. Nicholls and McNeese will be more run oriented teams than the Jags usually are so that means your D will probably get to spend more time on the field in that humidity.

McNeese75
August 1st, 2006, 11:02 PM
Optomistic 9-2 with one conference loss and a win over one of the I-A's
Realistic 8-3 or 7-4.

Anything less will of course be a disappointment xlolx

colgate13
August 2nd, 2006, 07:33 AM
You really think we can run the table, 13?

I was thinking an at-large and an 8-4 again. I think Lehigh will win the PL.
No, no, no! That was for fun. :) My second post was more of what I think. Beating UMass will be a hard challenge, both because UMass is very good and it's away, as well as our horrible opening game record.

Oh - and we better hope we win the PL, because I don't think 3 losses on our schedule this year gets us an at-large. Losses to UMass, Lehigh/Lafayette and some other team on our schedule do NOT produce a desirable at-large resume.

IMO, Colgate's only at-large chance would be a 10-1 record with the loss coming to another PL team that wins the league (or gets the auto because of a tiebreaker.)

But between you and me and the rest of Colgate's fans, if this season does anything, it is going to showcase just how good Colgate will be fore the next several years. That national championship run is coming again in 2-3 years... watch.

ErkPeterson
August 2nd, 2006, 08:05 AM
Im going with SuperEagle.... I have no idea, the changes have been so dramatic. To many question marks. Will the O be able to put pts on the board? Our D can't get any worse and under Van Gorder our D should be much improved. We definatley have some atheletes on both sides of the ball. The Coastal Carolina game scares me. Furman will be exceptinally hard to beat in Greenville, as usual. Wofford is a pest. El Cid always plays us tuff in Chuck-town regardless of how good we are. App St. game will be huge (Homecoming) and in the Boro - lots of emotion. But again they are stacked. I'm not going to say anything. At worst we lose 4 IMHO (Lord I hope not )

PaladinFan
August 2nd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Western Carolina goes 7-4 or 8-3

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

CM,

Y'all beating us this year, or is it payback time in Greenville?

Black Saturday
August 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
Thats pretty damn optimistic, but not sure if thats realistic.

As for my Apps, I say we go 9-2 with losses to NC State and Western Carolina to begin and end the season

Man, if we lose to Western this year, APP will not make a run at the championship.

I say APP can go 10-1 with a loss to State or Furman or 9-2 with a loss to both. Nothing to hang our heads, State is allowed many more scholarships and Furman is our arch rival.

catamount man
August 2nd, 2006, 01:51 PM
CM,

Y'all beating us this year, or is it payback time in Greenville?

Inquiring minds DO want to know don't they?:D

No offense, but right now, EKU scares me more than Furman does. Win or lose, Paladin Stadium on Sep.23rd should be a good atmosphere.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

blueballs
August 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Man, if we lose to Western this year, APP will not make a run at the championship.

I say APP can go 10-1 with a loss to State or Furman or 9-2 with a loss to both. Nothing to hang our heads, State is allowed many more scholarships and Furman is our arch rival.

Which means you plan on winning in Statesboro... Good Luck.;)

AppGuy04
August 2nd, 2006, 02:24 PM

Furman is at home, thats why I say we win that and keep the streak alive. I just don't see us going 10-1, something tells me that we will drop one along the way in addition to the Pack game and Western could be it.

As for winning in Statesboro: I have said this before, and I'll say it again, GSU may surprise some people, but you won't find many outside of Statesboro that would predict a GSU win over App, even in Georgia.

PaladinFan
August 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
I live in Georgia. I don't see GSU beating App.

Conventional wisdom would say Furman loses in Boone again, but honestly, how long can FU go up there and drop clutch games? 3 times in the past 4 years is ridiculous.

If we still had Ingle Martin, I'd give the nod to the Apps, but I am hoping we don't pass the ball and give the Mountaineers' excellent pass defense a chance to take over the game. During last year's game at Furman, the Paladins were able to dictate the ball game on the ground, but started to slip in the third quarter when BL opted to air it out, allowing Murrell, Hunter and co. to become factors.

I am under the impression that ASU's run defense is not nearly as good as it's pass defense. I'm hoping that works in the favor of the Paladins this fall.

truth be known, there may be a great deal of happenings where the ASU/FU game is just for peanuts and pride. I love that we discuss it like it's tomorrow, though.

bjtheflamesfan
August 3rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
Its pretty safe to say that I-AA football is gonna be very wide open across the board this year

Champs
August 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Youngstown St. goes 9-2 minimum. Wins the GFC.

OL FU
August 3rd, 2006, 02:09 PM
I see Furman going 9-2 again. Losses against the Tar Heels and dropping a probable trap game against either the Citadel at home or the always upset minded Wofford Terriers on the road. El Cid always plays Furman tough and Wofford pulls off a shocker every year it seems.

It might be another year where Furman ends up beating the eventual conference champs and still winds up second.

If Furman goes 9-2 and losses to one of those conference foes, we are the conference champs:nod:

The Gadfly
August 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Coastal 7-4; if we're lucky. Loses coming from Furman (though we seem to be unbeatable in the past 2 years @ Hooters), GSU, SC State (alot of hired thugs), and a Big South team (probably VMI who always keeps it close).

OL FU
August 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
8-3

As much as I would like to pick us against the Heels I don't see it this year.

ASU, one of these days in Boone, but not this year.

And somebody catches us that should not, JSU, WCU, CCU, WC .

As much as I would like to believe the top five rankings we have seen in the pre-season, I have a hard time believing it without my homer hat on. We are still young.

But I agree with all the other Paladin posters, in 2007 we are kicking ass. :nod: :D

On the other hand, if we are 8-3 we will make the playoffs and will be hard to handle at the end of the season. as long as they don't send us to Boone again:rolleyes:

SoCon48
August 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
Coastal 7-4; if we're lucky. Loses coming from Furman (though we seem to be unbeatable in the past 2 years @ Hooters), GSU, SC State (alot of hired thugs), and a Big South team (probably VMI who always keeps it close).

though we seem to be unbeatable in the past 2 years @ Hooters

CCU's home record in the past two years is admirable but even with Ingle Martin graduated, Furman will be the toughest opponent to appear thus far in Conway.
Better have a plan for Felton. Of course that goes for everyone the Paladins face, not just the Chanticleers.