PDA

View Full Version : Sorry that I acted like a douche on the board yesterday

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I am just not the type of person that should ever be posting while my team is playing and engaged in a hard fight with a rival team. Furman really pushed us hard and to tell the truth I just wasn't ready for that. My expectations for Wofford and that game were way too high and unrealistic- after all we play in a tough conference! And my comments on the board in the game thread that I started were juvenile, stupid, and false. I get crazy during the heat of competition sometimes. I love my program and want to see them succeed so badly. But I know Furman loves theirs equally as much. Sometimes I need to just step back, breathe, think, and get some perspective. I will no longer be making posts while Wofford is playing a game though. I feel like I made a total *** of myself yesterday, and that's not the way that I want the AGS community to see me. I will post when I know I have my head right!

Engineer86
October 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Didn't see it, but the passion for our teams is one of the reason most are on the board. It happens. On to week 7

paward
October 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Class act post. We AGSers have short memory on rattling behind a win. Now a lose is a different story. That is a signature moment.

walliver
October 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Furman brings out the worst in everything:)

I generally comment on game threads not involving Wofford, as emotions makes us say things which are easily taken out of context when read as text.

Don't feel too bad, look at some of the ASU posters during the Citadel game.

SeattleGriz
October 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM
You got a long way to go man! I think I have had at least three apology threads for the way I acted on boards.

FormerPokeCenter
October 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
It should be noted that the word "fan" is short for "fanatic"....

If you got rid of all the fanatics on this board, there would be crickets...

If you really wanna see douchebaggery on AGS, just read any of the threads featuring supporters of Georgia State or The University of Chapel Hill at Charlotte...

JALMOND
October 7th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I am just not the type of person that should ever be posting while my team is playing and engaged in a hard fight with a rival team. Furman really pushed us hard and to tell the truth I just wasn't ready for that. My expectations for Wofford and that game were way too high and unrealistic- after all we play in a tough conference! And my comments on the board in the game thread that I started were juvenile, stupid, and false. I get crazy during the heat of competition sometimes. I love my program and want to see them succeed so badly. But I know Furman loves theirs equally as much. Sometimes I need to just step back, breathe, think, and get some perspective. I will no longer be making posts while Wofford is playing a game though. I feel like I made a total *** of myself yesterday, and that's not the way that I want the AGS community to see me. I will post when I know I have my head right!

Never apologize for acting like a fan. We all are fans. We all have passion for our own teams. That is why we are here. Just realize that some opposing fans may not like your actions. But never apologize for cheering and supporting your team.

813Jag
October 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
That's why I don't post, facebook, or tweet when my team plays xlolx

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Furman brings out the worst in everything:)

REPS TO THAT!!!

MplsBison
October 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Why on earth would anyone ever feel compelled to "apologize" to an internet message board?

For crying out loud, who cares if you pissed off some people on the internet. It's not like you're ever going to meet these people in real life. These people aren't your friends.

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Why on earth would anyone ever feel compelled to "apologize" to an internet message board?

For crying out loud, who cares if you pissed off some people on the internet. It's not like you're ever going to meet these people in real life. These people aren't your friends.
As I know from experience:

Because, every once in awhile they come to your game and seek you out. And, you'd much rather have a beer with them than have to put down the keyboard to defend the tailgate with fists, ol' buddy.

SC-T-Dogg
October 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
If you need to get it off your chest, do it. We all have our moments. If the reader do es not get it, the message was probably not for them. I like banter, I hate crickets..........

swaghook
October 7th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Some might not give a rat's butt what people do on the internet but what you do on the internet is an extension of yourself. If you are an *** on here you are an *** in real life as well. It just comes out easier on here because of anonymity. But if some one realizes they went off about something and wrote things they should not have written on a forum and choose to apologize to their online community it makes that person a better person not only online but in real life as well.

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 07:47 PM
If you need to get it off your chest, do it. We all have our moments. If the reader do es not get it, the message was probably not for them. I like banter, I hate crickets..........
Reps to you...

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Some might not give a rat's butt what people do on the internet but what you do on the internet is an extension of yourself. If you are an *** on here you are an *** in real life as well. It just comes out easier on here because of anonymity. But if some one realizes they went off about something and wrote things they should not have written on a forum and choose to apologize to their online community it makes that person a better person not only online but in real life as well.
Reps here, too.

That's why my actual photo is on the ol' profile. Keeps you honest every time!xthumbsupx

OL FU
October 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Many of the people on this board are definitely my friends. I am quite certain 94 could become one of those if we ever get the chance to meet each other

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2012, 08:04 PM
AND I love you, too, OL FU.

Breakout the table linens and fine silver... the gasoutherneagle might just pay you a visit in a couple of weeks. Don't worry, I'll pour the High Life in a glass.

frozennorth
October 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
half the people on this board act like douches everyday

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 08:12 PM

Most people have social graces whether they are on the internet or in person. Most people have a code of conduct they follow so they are nice whether they are are on the net or not. Most know the difference between right and wrong and feel compelled to apologize when they feel they were in the wrong. Notice I said most. You dont fall in to that category. Obviously

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM

That's a very interesting point and rings true especially if you take message board relationships or yourself too seriously. Personally I don't because I think the internet and written messages are very different than REAL conversations and relationships. I also think many people use their internet identity for release. Whatever floats your boat.

But if a dude feels better for emptying his conscience on here... that's ok too and probably healthy.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 08:45 PM
That's a very interesting point and rings true especially if you take message board relationships or yourself too seriously. Personally I don't because I think the internet and written messages are very different than REAL conversations and relationships. I also think many people use their internet identity for release. Whatever floats your boat.

But if a dude feels better for emptying his conscience on here... that's ok too and probably healthy.

I have always felt if you arent willing to say something face to face then dont post it. Mean what you say and say what you mean. I dont think it comes down to taking one too seriously. It comes down to accountability and credibility. Its like Ive told kids---anyone can act good while you are being watched. The question is how will you conduct yourself when nobody is watching. If you dont have credibility you dont have anything. IMO of course.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM
When I saw the subject of this thread and opened it up, I was SHOCKED that 'SD4ever' wasn't the creator of it... xlolx Carry on...

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I have always felt if you arent willing to say something face to face then dont post it. Mean what you say and say what you mean. I dont think it comes down to taking one too seriously. It comes down to accountability and credibility. Its like Ive told kids---anyone can act good while you are being watched. The question is how will you conduct yourself when nobody is watching. If you dont have credibility you dont have anything. IMO of course.

Ahh...but that's what I think is interesting about the internet and anonymity. People will tend to be more expressive than they would be in person. Some of them are willing to show their true thoughts more. And that ain't a bad thing. In a way, it's more honest. I don't know where you live but it probably isn't close to Cheney, WA so we may never have the opportunity to say something face to face. Whether someone is full of **** in person or on the internet, I'm not going to judge either way. In fact, people who are full of **** are some of the most entertaining people I know.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Ahh...but that's what I think is interesting about the internet and anonymity. People will tend to be more expressive than they would be in person. Some of them are willing to show their true thoughts more. And that ain't a bad thing. In a way, it's more honest. I don't know where you live but it probably isn't close to Cheney, WA so we may never have the opportunity to say something face to face. Whether someone is full of **** in person or on the internet, I'm not going to judge either way. In fact, people who are full of **** are some of the most entertaining people I know.

I was in Cheney for our game with you. You guys had some good food at the concession stands. Dont find that every where.
But-----back to the topic---posters who are full of--------- are different than those who are asshats for the sake of being an asshat. The majority of posters I would love to tailgate with. Even those full of it. The asshats can stay away if you get my drift.

kalm
October 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I was in Cheney for our game with you. You guys had some good food at the concession stands. Dont find that every where.
But-----back to the topic---posters who are full of--------- are different than those who are asshats for the sake of being an asshat. The majority of posters I would love to tailgate with. Even those full of it. The asshats can stay away if you get my drift.

Well it's too bad we didn't have this conversation then, because you would have been invited up to the tailgage for a beer. I try not to be judgemental in general. Especially based on what someone posts on a message board. But again, I don't take what someone posts on a message board seriously.

I have no problem with asshats...as long as they know their asshats. In fact, they are some of my favorite people.

It's the asshats who don't know they're asshats that I have a problem with.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Well it's too bad we didn't have this conversation then, because you would have been invited up to the tailgage for a beer. I try not to be judgemental in general. Especially based on what someone posts on a message board. But again, I don't take what someone posts on a message board seriously.

I have no problem with asshats...as long as they know their asshats. In fact, they are some of my favorite people.

It's the asshats who don't know they're asshats that I have a problem with.

Great sense of humor!!!!!

BisonBabe
October 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM

Okay the two areas that you went wrong on are underlined and in bold face.

I have met many posters both from AGS & Bisonville. I do care about how I present myself online and will rarely say something online that I would not say to a persons face. Regardless your comments were out of line. So you don't care if you come off as a douche that is your choice. But the person who started this thread did and wanted to apologize to anyone he may have offended. Kudos to him for having the nads to do so.

CID1990
October 8th, 2012, 06:47 AM

Well that goes along way to explaining why you are such an insufferable superior douchenozzle.

FormerPokeCenter
October 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM

I have a very different perspective on the nature of message board interaction. I've pissed off more than my fair share of people on GeauxCowboys.com and ForkemDemons.com over the years. Oddly, the guys that I've fought with and argued with the most are some of the folks I would consider myself "closest" to now online. Case in point....I used to rag the Northwestern folks unmercifully through the years. Two guys in particular, HoustonDemon and Ghost82 used to waste absolutely NO opportunity to respond to what I'd post and to tell me off in no uncertain terms...Some of the exchanges got kinda ugly and personal, LOL! But, somewhere along the way, they realized I was just having fun and now they've become bona-fide friends. When I started doing my charity fundraising, my ride just happened to be on the McNeese/Northwestern game weekend the first two years, so guess who became two of my biggest donors? Yep, the same two guys who couldn't WAIT to trade insults....Both of them are into the charity now for over $600 each, and one of them is over $1000 now...and these are guys who freakin HATED me online! But, we've had beer at tailgates (not recently, mind you, since I've been riding on game weekend, but that's beside the point) ;)

And then, here on AGS, there's the Rev, with whom I've disagreed and argued in chat. I gave SFA a major ration of **** after the fake cramping episode against Texas A&M, and I believe the Rev and I butted heads textually over that....but guess what? This year, he's helped raise more than $2k toward the charity that I'm involved in...

Hell, NoDak4Ever and I are about as diametrically opposed - politically - as you can get. He donated to the ride twice and even kicked in a NDSU tee-shirt for me to wear...

So...there ARE very real people on the other side of the keyboard...

Laker
October 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM

Great post. Better to apologize because you are associated with others on this board. We all post things that are better left unsaid. I bet that you feel better because of it.

Eaglegus2
October 8th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Next week Wofford comes to Our House to play Georgia Southern. Someone needs to attend the game or slowly back away from the keyboard. Hopefully, you will attend. My step=daughter is a Wofford grad so she will miss the game. She is hating it. Come to the game and stop by the top row of Section J. I sit on the end of the row. You are welcome to join us.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM

Nothing wrong with anonymity. It's empowering. You get to say what you wish you could say in real life but you can't.

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Nothing wrong with anonymity. It's empowering. You get to say what you wish you could say in real life but you can't.

The feeling of being empowered is a false sense of security. All that leads to is a coward shooting his mouth off when he knows he cant be held accountable. In the end it hasnt served him well because hes still a troll- loser hiding behind his keyboard. Sad if you ask me.

TheRevSFA
October 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM

If you actually went to NDSU games, you might meet some of the people who post on here.

Also, I have tailgated with KingKat99, Bearkat-Backer and some of the others who run the Sam fan site, and some of them I consider close friends. It's a shame KK went to Sam, but we all can't be perfect.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
If you actually went to NDSU games, you might meet some of the people who post on here.

Also, I have tailgated with KingKat99, Bearkat-Backer and some of the others who run the Sam fan site, and some of them I consider close friends. It's a shame KK went to Sam, but we all can't be perfect.

Of course I go to NDSU games, when I can. For all they or I know, we have already met. They would never know and I probably wouldn't know any better either.

I simply don't care to ever meet any of the online personalities and match them to faces in real life. I think online personalities and real world are things that should be kept separate, like church and state.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
The feeling of being empowered is a false sense of security. All that leads to is a coward shooting his mouth off when he knows he cant be held accountable. In the end it hasnt served him well because hes still a troll- loser hiding behind his keyboard. Sad if you ask me.

Would our election system be better or worse if there was a website that anyone could login and lookup how anyone else voted on any particular item or office?

If you say better, that's fine and that's your opinion.

If you say worse, then I would agree with you and therefore you do agree that anonymity is empowering. As it should be when appropriate.

FormerPokeCenter
October 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM
In a roundabout way, you sorta CAN figure out how somebody voted...it's not an exact science, but the types of stuff you can find if you have access to VoterVault or DemZilla is kinda kewul ;)

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Would our election system be better or worse if there was a website that anyone could login and lookup how anyone else voted on any particular item or office?

If you say worse, then I would agree with you and therefore you do agree that anonymity is empowering. As it should be when appropriate.

You cant be serious with this analogy. This is apples and oranges. No its apples and watermelons it so different of a scenario.

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Of course I go to NDSU games, when I can. For all they or I know, we have already met. They would never know and I probably wouldn't know any better either.

I simply don't care to ever meet any of the online personalities and match them to faces in real life. I think online personalities and real world are things that should be kept separate, like church and state.

Considering your behavior Iam not surprised by this.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM

Quoted for memory...MplsBison's last post. Anyone wanna say a few words?

Laker
October 8th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Yes.

I, MplsBison, take you, LakesBsion, to be my lawfully wedded(husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Father Time

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM

What happened? Did I miss something?

frozennorth
October 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM

yeah whats this ban for?

Laker
October 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Maybe he finally met another poster face to face.

LakesBison
October 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
whew, i thought i started this thread after my drunken haze saturday night. whew!

Laker
October 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
whew, i thought i started this thread after my drunken haze saturday night. whew!

Now that was funny! xthumbsupx

Cleets
October 9th, 2012, 01:52 AM
You got a long way to go man! I think I have had at least three apology threads for the way I acted on boards.

You're impossible to control...

ursus arctos horribilis
October 9th, 2012, 02:22 AM

He did something that I told him he should stay away from doing about a year ago and that if he did it again he would take a weeks vacation. He'll be back in a week to tell y'all how I wronged him because I don't like his posting style and so forth.

Luckily, this is a messageboard and I don't have to apologize for it when he comes back...

Darlinikki150
October 9th, 2012, 04:11 AM
I think all you boys should get your big girl panties on, and move on. Big deal, he freaked out, we all do it. I am sure he feels better, now can resume talking football? Or should we Dr Phil it up some more?

swaghook
October 9th, 2012, 04:46 AM
We would get a weeks vacation from him.

FIFY ;)

I'm sure more then a few of us will enjoy the next week while it lasts. xbeerchugx

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Tru dat swag i keep inviting him to ndsu tailgate with us. I'm being nice.

Is Gabe = Mplssioux? Serious question cuz we invited gabe too hmmmm

BisonFan02
October 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Tru dat swag i keep inviting him to ndsu tailgate with us. I'm being nice.

Is Gabe = Mplssioux? Serious question cuz we invited gabe too hmmmm

Dunno...I made it! haha

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Yea. Nice meetin ya. Yungling beer !

GreatAppSt
October 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM
And my comments on the board in the game thread that I started were juvenile, stupid, and false. I get crazy during the heat of competition sometimes. I love my program and want to see them succeed so badly. I will post when I know I have my head right!

Douchey is as douchey does. What's to forgive? You're part of the family.xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
October 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
He did something that I told him he should stay away from doing about a year ago and that if he did it again he would take a weeks vacation. He'll be back in a week to tell y'all how I wronged him because I don't like his posting style and so forth.

Luckily, this is a messageboard and I don't have to apologize for it when he comes back...

Well played!!!!

TheRevSFA
October 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I think all you boys should get your big girl panties on, and move on. Big deal, he freaked out, we all do it. I am sure he feels better, now can resume talking football? Or should we Dr Phil it up some more?

Welcome back MPLS :)

Jacked_Rabbit
October 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome back MPLS :)

xlolx You're exactly right... hahaha

citdog
October 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM

NO LUNCH!

NO COPS!

LakesBison
October 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Nikki is him but urses is a master at ip phishing

Darlinikki150
October 10th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Nikki is him but urses is a master at ip phishing

You sure know how to welcome a lady boys! Im sensing some trust issues, but its cool. You have been hurt before, I get it. So here's is the deal, if your gonna be at the game this Saturday look for the huge green NDSU flag in the new paved lot, if ya see a girl with Bison panties on over her pants, that's me. Come on over, we can have a shot, have a little food, and talk some football.

Darlinikki150
October 10th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Thesen panties to be exact!

BisonBabe
October 10th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Thesen panties to be exact!

Hey fellow Bison fans someone get a pick of this on Saturday ... although it could be a myth ... Wish I could be at the game this weekend but will be at USD on the 20th

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Will they catch you masturbating with a magazine?

BisonBabe
October 10th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Will they catch you masturbating with a magazine?

Good God that could be scary :)

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
the lights went out, and nikki started to grind....

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Darlin' Nikki- great song. Prince is awesome. And I can really relate. I've been grinded on by a few Nikkis in my day.

BisonBabe
October 10th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Darlin' Nikki- great song. Prince is awesome. And I can really relate. I've been grinded on by a few Nikkis in my day.

Nikki's or Nick's big big difference

:)

Darlinikki150
October 10th, 2012, 02:35 PM

It is great song, and my ringtone. Its good for a dance for your special boy lol. I have a pic but this website will not load it Grrr. This thread turned a little pervy, we should get back to football....

GlassOnion
October 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM

I agree. He was a douche yesterday, and hasnt apologized for that, how about some consistancy? Or, If youre gonna be a douche again after you apologize for being a douche, why apologize at all? Just keep on keepin' on with your douchery. Everyone expects it from you anyways.

Figures a woffy fan would have to be all prim and proper, even when being douchy.

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I never miss a chance to be pervy.

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
"Hello, my name is Ivytalk, and I'm a douche."

"Hi, Ivytalk!" "Hi, Ivytalk!" "Hi, Ivytalk!"

-- AGS Douchaholics Anonymous

woffordgrad94
October 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I agree. He was a douche yesterday, and hasnt apologized for that, how about some consistancy? Or, If youre gonna be a douche again after you apologize for being a douche, why apologize at all? Just keep on keepin' on with your douchery. Everyone expects it from you anyways.

Figures a woffy fan would have to be all prim and proper, even when being douchy.

Good points. I shouldn't have apologized for being a douche to a bunch of douches! It's kind of like the pot apologizing to the kettle for being black. Believe it or not, I am really not programmed to be a douche. Some people on this board just bring the douchbaggery out in me though.

And for you nice folks here, once again I am sorry I have been and will probably continue to be a douche here. Maybe one day we'll get together and I'll buy you a few beers to make it up to you.

PS- I've been called a lot of things, but prim and proper has never been among them.