PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Homers lose again

LEHIGH61
October 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM
What a shame!

R3TRO
October 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah, that score surprised me. What the hell happened in this game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2012, 06:03 PM
This and the Ill St game kind of flew under the radar today.....

LEHIGH61
October 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Basically a fumble in the end zone and a safety sealed it.

RichH2
October 6th, 2012, 06:11 PM
UD knew they weren't as good as usual but this one a shocker.

van
October 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I watched the UD - Del St game and Hens are just not that good this year. Too many injuries.

bjtheflamesfan
October 6th, 2012, 06:24 PM
C'mon man...I know youre bitter but how about a little class

DSUrocks07
October 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
UD performing like this only makes me more upset at my Hornets.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2012, 06:32 PM
UD performing like this only makes me more upset at my Hornets.

nice win for Del state today .....

DSUrocks07
October 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
nice win for Del state today .....

We finally put a complete game together. Only 3 penalties for 25 yards in the whole game on the road. The MEAC is in complete flux right now. This could have been a year like '07 where we rose up but we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot every week.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 6th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Basically a fumble in the end zone and a safety sealed it.

It wasn't so much a fumble as a muffed punt that the punter for some reason decided to throw backwards out of the end zone. Why he didn't just toss it out into the field for an incomplete pass to make Maine work for the points is beyond me.

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Delaware was HORRENDOUS in this game. In the past six quarters they've now scored 10 points.

Their offensive line is horrendous and the playcalling was extremely conservative. That didn't look like a playoff team to me. Don't think Hurley is a playoff QB.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Delaware was HORRENDOUS in this game. In the past six quarters they've now scored 10 points.

Their offensive line is horrendous and the playcalling was extremely conservative. That didn't look like a playoff team to me. Don't think Hurley is a playoff QB.

HE'S UH SOPH.....BEHIND UH YOUNG O-LINE...AN' VICTIM.....O' BORIN' OFFENSIVE CO-ORDINATIN'....HE'S GOT AN ARM.....JES' MISSED TWO TD PASSES GOIN'...WHIFF DUH WIND...(OVER-THROWN)....TA-DEY EVERAH LONG GAINER WAS CALLED BACK...BAH PENALTY.......PIERCE FO' SOME REASON......OWNLAH HAD UH COUPLE PLAYS....(2 CARRIES 10 YDS)(INJURY/DOG-HOUSE)....WE FUMBLED TWICE....ONCE INSIDE DUH FIVE...MUFFED PUNT FROM OURAH OWN END ZONE...PUNTER KICKED IT OUTTAH END-ZONE...FO' SAFETY......JES' ONE O' DEM DAYS......AWK!

kdinva
October 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM
This and the Ill St game kind of flew under the radar today.....

the way this season is unfolding, wouldn't shock me if on Nov. 19 we got a couple of 6-5 teams in the top-25 polls.........by default perhaps.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Can you blame this one on Joe Biden?

ITmonarch10
October 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM
the way this season is unfolding, wouldn't shock me if on Nov. 19 we got a couple of 6-5 teams in the top-25 polls.........by default perhaps.
Its funny how a couple weeks of upsets and the conversation goes from "no 7-4 team is making the playoffs" to "maybe this is the year a 6-5 team makes the playoffs". I think the big sky new bloated conference will fill in the void before that happens though.

superman7515
October 6th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Its funny how a couple weeks of upsets and the conversation goes from "no 7-4 team is making the playoffs" to "maybe this is the year a 6-5 team makes the playoffs". I think the big sky new bloated conference will fill in the void before that happens though.

Where is anyone saying that a 6-5 team will make the playoffs? When UNI fans suggested it just last week, everyone was still saying there is no way a 6-5 team makes the playoffs. It's not going to happen, certainly not before playoff expansion, unless a 6-5 team wins their conference again.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 6th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Hurley is a very solid QB, the problem is just what you said before - the O line is swiss cheese this year. I'd like to see more aggressive playcalling myself. Perhaps it's time UD waves enough money in front of Cartey to get him back from y'all.

JMUNJ08
October 6th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Where is anyone saying that a 6-5 team will make the playoffs? When UNI fans suggested it just last week, everyone was still saying there is no way a 6-5 team makes the playoffs. It's not going to happen, certainly not before playoff expansion, unless a 6-5 team wins their conference again.

MEAC has a good chance this year of that....

superman7515
October 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM
MEAC has a good chance this year of that....

Doubtful. Bethune-Cookman will finish with more than 7 D1 wins. Both Bethune-Cookman and Howard are undefeated in conference so far and they don't play each other this season. Still way too early to think about it, but they could both finish undefeated in conference. Norfolk State has regressed and FAMU is at home, so BCU has an above average chance to run the table. Howard has already beaten last years champs and FAMU, so as far as conference play goes, on paper only Morgan State and a Jekyll and Hyde South Carolina State team should give Howard problems going forward.

HensRock
October 6th, 2012, 11:01 PM
What a shame!

When does Lehigh's season start?

LEHIGH61
October 7th, 2012, 02:15 PM
When Delaware played West Chester

van
October 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM

Ouch

Engineer86
October 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Are sure it was not the week they played DSU or Bucknell, or the week the beat a WM team that lost to Lafayette at home, or the other weeks when they did play solid teams and lost. Glass house ...?

HensRock
October 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM

West Chester would be at least 4-2 against Lehigh's schedule thus far.

...Ouch!

Engineer86
October 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
West Chester would be at least 4-2 against Lehigh's schedule thus far.

...Ouch!xlolxxlolxxlolx

I fixed it for you, is it that bad in Newirk that reality is lost?

HensRock
October 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I fixed it for you, is it that bad in Newirk that reality is lost?

...or that good in Bethlehem?

Pards Rule
October 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Can you blame this one on Joe Biden?

Christine O'Donnell will!! He's evil she says!

Ivytalk
October 7th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Christine O'Donnell will!! He's evil she says!

No, the last time Biden showed up at a televised UD-Maine game, the Hens lost that one too.

bluehenbillk
October 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hens OL is abysmal. Coaching is very bad. Had the 3rd string RB playing all day yesterday.

When is the Lehigh-Parkland game?

JimLU
October 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Point of order in this spat. It's spelled "Newark", and pronounced "NU-wark", unlike the city in New Jersery, (New-urk)....

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Point of order in this spat. It's spelled "Newark", and pronounced "NU-wark", unlike the city in New Jersery, (New-urk)....

"Neck" and "Nu-urk" are also acceptable for the NJ city.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Had a great time in NU-ark at the 2004 I-AA playoff game Lafayette vs. Delaware.