PDA

View Full Version : ND's David Wolke to WKU

galojay
July 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM
In an article from this morning, it said Notre Dame's tranferrring quarterback David Wolke would chose between TCU and WKU, making his decision today.

Well, according to the local news tonight Wolke has chosen WKU. Nice snatch by the Hilltoppers!!!

Toppertonic
July 30th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Sources say he will use his redshirt year this season and then have 2 more years remaining!!!

PantherRob82
July 31st, 2006, 08:50 AM
Hopefully he will be a good 2 year starter for you guys. Nice pick-up.

Killtoppers90
July 31st, 2006, 11:29 AM
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060731/SPORTS11/607310368/1043/SPORTS
My favorite part is this:

TCU had everything I expected, a big-time football program with a big stadium and top-notch facilities, but being happy where I'm at is the most important thing and I love the family atmosphere and I think they have the better coaching staff (at Western Kentucky)," Wolke said.

colonelblitz
July 31st, 2006, 12:29 PM
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060731/SPORTS11/607310368/1043/SPORTS

TCU had everything I expected, a big-time football program with a big stadium and top-notch facilities, but being happy where I'm at is the most important thing and I love the family atmosphere and I think they have the better coaching staff (at Western Kentucky)," Wolke said.

Choosing Western, one must take any comments made by this naive young man with a grain of salt. WKU sucks!!

Killtoppers90..Are you coming to Eastern this year?

colonelblitz
July 31st, 2006, 12:34 PM

Choosing Western, one must take any comments made by this poor misguided young man with a grain of salt. WKU sucks!!

Killtoppers90
July 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM
Choosing Western, one must take any comments made by this poor misguided young man with a grain of salt. WKU sucks!!

I am certainly going to try to get up there for the game. Can I sit with you guys?:thumbsup:

EKU05
July 31st, 2006, 02:32 PM
That is a good pick-up...but my favorite part is that for this season Josh Greco is still the second best starting QB in the state (I think we'll concede Brian Brohm).

Hope you make it to Richmond Killtoppers!

Killtoppers90
July 31st, 2006, 04:20 PM
That is a good pick-up...but my favorite part is that for this season Josh Greco is still the second best starting QB in the state (I think we'll concede Brian Brohm).

Hope you make it to Richmond Killtoppers!
I think that the jury is out until either one of our QBs do something more than keep us home for the holidays, but Brohm is #1 in the state without a doubt. More our QB than yours but we both need a playoff run this year.

EKU05
July 31st, 2006, 05:16 PM
Both teams have something to prove, but I don't blame our being left out of the post-season last year on Josh. He was the OVC offensive player of the year.

colonelblitz
July 31st, 2006, 05:55 PM
I am certainly going to try to get up there for the game. Can I sit with you guys?:thumbsup:

Sure.. I'll get you an EKU shirt and hat to wear for the game.:thumbsup:

Killtoppers90
July 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM
Ummmmm, I don't remember requesting you to supply my wardrobe. I was planning on wearing my WKU jersey and hat instead. But I greatly apprecaite your most generous of offers.

Killtoppers90
July 31st, 2006, 06:33 PM
Ummmmm, I don't remember requesting you to supply my wardrobe. I was planning on wearing my WKU jersey and hat instead. But I greatly appreciate your most generous of offers.

Killtoppers90
July 31st, 2006, 06:35 PM
Both teams have something to prove, but I don't blame our being left out of the post-season last year on Josh. He was the OVC offensive player of the year.
I didn't know that...thanks. Justin does need to step up and be a better QB this season. He did an okay job but I feel he can do MUCH better!

EKU05
July 31st, 2006, 08:39 PM
Haddix is a serviceable QB, and clearly can be a leader of a good team if that good team is placed around him. I think after that freaking 7 interception game two years against Western people started to wonder why we signed Greco instead of Haddix. But I mean, that was the FIRST career start for a guy who entered camp thinking he would probably be the 4th string QB. What a high pressure game to make your first start in.

He still has plenty of room to grow, but he was on the whole very, very good last year...and I think he'll be even better with a better supporting cast this season.

And by the way, don't think I'm not leary of the Karma of Haddix wanting to beat us 4 times after we jilted him...that worries me as much as anything this year...lol.

therealbigredrules
July 31st, 2006, 09:41 PM

A post so negative you had to post it twice to make it positive?:D

Ronbo
July 31st, 2006, 10:18 PM
He's no Rudy.

Killtoppers90
August 1st, 2006, 01:55 PM
And by the way, don't think I'm not leary of the Karma of Haddix wanting to beat us 4 times after we jilted him...that worries me as much as anything this year...lol.
I had forgotten about that!

ekufbfan
August 1st, 2006, 11:07 PM
What was he thinking? :confused: Whether you play QB or another position...it's Still Notre Dame!
Now, I 've been to both places, wku and Notre Dame, and even though I am certainly no fan of wku, I think most people would agree, wku is no Notre Dame!!

GO EKU! BEAT western!

ucdtim17
August 1st, 2006, 11:40 PM
He said he loved everything about ND except his playing time - he probably made the right move in that regard