PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Unknown Opponents

GeauxColonels
July 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I know that numerous teams in I-AA will be playing opponents this year that they are not familiar with. I think this would be a great opportunity for people with knowledge of these other teams to share wisdom.

I'll start.....

To UCA fans,
Nicholls State plays Southern Arkansas to open the season. What can we expect from the Muleriders in terms of offensive schemes and team strengths and weaknesses?

To SDSU fans,
Your Jackrabbits make the trip down to Thibodaux this year. I would like to know basically what I asked the UCA fans about Southern Arkansas. What can we expect in terms of offensive schemes and team strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks!

BEAR
July 30th, 2006, 10:33 PM
As for SAU...does it matter...easy win for Nicholls...we beat them on a regular basis..and we will play them later in the season...when we will beat them again....unless the teams we play against until then beat our brains out! Ha!

GeauxColonels
July 30th, 2006, 10:44 PM
As for SAU...does it matter...easy win for Nicholls...we beat them on a regular basis..and we will play them later in the season...when we will beat them again....unless the teams we play against until then beat our brains out! Ha!
I don't like to take anything for granted anymore. We thought the same thing about UCA when they came to Thibodaux in 2000. We won 52-44, HARDLY the "gimmie" we were expecting.

JoshUCA
July 30th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Also, SAU lost their offensive coordinator during the summer...I don't know who they have gotten to replace him yet, if anyone? So who knows what to expect from them offensively.:confused:
Here is a forum about it...http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=50473.0

Bear Fan 101
July 31st, 2006, 07:39 AM
SAU in the recent past was an option type team, very run oriented. But I'm not sure what will happen now that they lost their offensive coordinator. But seriously GC, you guys should handle them quite easily.

GeauxColonels
July 31st, 2006, 11:15 AM
SAU in the recent past was an option type team, very run oriented. But I'm not sure what will happen now that they lost their offensive coordinator. But seriously GC, you guys should handle them quite easily.
Well, them being an option team makes me feel better since that is what Nicholls State does. The defense should have no trouble preparing for them as they will have plenty of time to practice with the 2nd-ranked rushing offense in I-AA from 2005.