PDA

View Full Version : Elon @ App

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Only game I can't make this. What the heck guys, Elon's Dline is pushing our Oline around, Elon up 10-7 midway 20 minutes in. Step up guys.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Only game I can't make this. What the heck guys, Elon's Dline is pushing our Oline around, Elon up 10-7 midway 20 minutes in. Step up guys.

Give it some time, App will pull away. I'm not sure the D can hold it. The legs have to be tired after playing two option teams in a row.

You're moving well now...

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Burn this tape Elon is blitzing a lot and it is working.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
INT on the goal line. Big stop by Elon.

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Huge, Jackson forces at least one a game, got to make a better decision.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Huge, Jackson forces at least one a game, got to make a better decision.

I didn't feel like paying for the App video feed.....in your opinion, was Mellette robbed of the TD on the last drive? One of your announcers seemed to think so.....

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Looked like a catch.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Looked like a catch.

Thanks for being honest.....

INT.....HUGE stop by the App D.

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
App INT in end zone, does either QB want to make a good decision today?

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Just looked at the stat line, doesn't look like the game should be as close as it is:

Net yards:
Elon 272
App 138
both teams with 1 TO

I sure hope the missed FG isn't what determines the game :(

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
TD App.....man you guys can score quickly.

14-10 App

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
TD App, that stadium is crazy. Momentum can change so quickly there.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
TD App, that stadium is crazy. Momentum can change so quickly there.

No KIDDing. :)

Just hope this one can stay close. It's been a pretty good game so far.

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM

14-10 App

This team can be very good in streaks, but they are so young you just never know this year. 25 seconds to go 70 yards in four plays.

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Pride in two years if we're both able to make the game let's meet up.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Pride in two years if we're both able to make the game let's meet up.

Would enjoy that....or if you're able to make it down to Elon next year, that may be better. Boone is quite the drive from where I live!

14-10 App at the half.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM
We have been pretty lucky so far. Elon could easily be up 20-14.

Saint3333
October 6th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Sounds good gotta run guys pull the Apps through.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 04:12 PM
We have been pretty lucky so far. Elon could easily be up 20-14.

Not sure you could say lucky. I think the only thing you may have gotten lucky on was when the ref called Mellette out of bounds on the possible TD catch. otherwise, your redzone D has come up pretty big.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
There was also the missed FG because of the penalty.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
There was also the missed FG because of the penalty.

Yeah, he's a good kicker, but has missed a few in big game situations through his career.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM
TD Elon!

Mellette with his 2nd TD catch on the day.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
TD App

App up 21-17.

Total yards:

Elon 391
App 335

Passing
Elon 308
App 245

Both teams with a turnover.
Elon missed a FG in the first.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
INT Elon. App D comes up big again.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Start of the 4th.
21-17 App at the moment.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Td app

28-17 app

12:47 left in the 4th.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
TD ELON!

Mellette with his 3rd of the day and having near a career days. 3 TDs 220 yards.

28-23 App. Failed 2 pt conversion.

11:26 in the 4th.

Elon with 490 yards of offense on the day.

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM
TD App.

35-23

That probably ices the game. It's been pretty good....

Mountaineer#96
October 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
TD ASU...........offense unstoppable so far in 2nd Half. Bit of a shootout brewing right now although.

App - 35
Elon - 23

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM
TD ASU...........offense unstoppable so far in 2nd Half. Bit of a shootout brewing right now although.

App - 35
Elon - 23

It's been a decent game. After Elon's brutal first 3 in conference, I sure as heck wouldn't have thought Elon would go for over 500 yards of offense on you.

Mountaineer#96
October 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
It's been a decent game. After Elon's brutal first 3 in conference, I sure as heck wouldn't have thought Elon would go for over 500 yards of offense on you.

Well as has been said all week, your guys play up for this game every year. I'm not surprised too much with the amount of scoring.

ASU is deep in Elon territory right now. Might be looking for 3.

Mountaineer#96
October 6th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Any reason Elon is calling timeouts down two TDs and less than a minute to go?

Just trying to take knees here......

ElonPride
October 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Any reason Elon is calling timeouts down two TDs and less than a minute to go?

Just trying to take knees here......

Who knows, Sweps sometimes does awkward things. In all sincerity, good luck the rest of the way out.

cbarrier90
October 6th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Aaron Mellette is amazing.

Elon had plenty of chances and probably should have won this game, but Swepson was outcoached with several questionable decisions. What I wouldn't give to have a ball-hawking safety in this secondary (Lott is CB/S depending on the package.) Wilson might end up being better than Riddle when all is said and done.

To say the Apps escaped today is an understatement, but I'm glad we have an offensive staff that makes halftime adjustments.

fc97
October 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Aaron Mellette is amazing.

Elon had plenty of chances and probably should have won this game, but Swepson was outcoached with several questionable decisions. What I wouldn't give to have a ball-hawking safety in this secondary (Lott is CB/S depending on the package.) Wilson might end up being better than Riddle when all is said and done.

To say the Apps escaped today is an understatement, but I'm glad we have an offensive staff that makes halftime adjustments.

Tough to say in the 18th straight loss, but dang it was a good game. I'm honestly app scored what they did, it took the botched TD call a nonissue. Even with it, we still lose, so thats good. Was simply a good game.

Sucks to say, but congrats to app.

fc97
October 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
One other thing, think its safe to say that the socon of old is gone, even us at 0-3 and 7th are a pretty descent team.

fc97
October 6th, 2012, 07:06 PM
And the timeouts, i think swepson was gwtting everyone some playing time.

seantaylor
October 7th, 2012, 12:24 AM
No D played at all today, but good, solid, O.

Accelerati Incredibilus
October 7th, 2012, 07:18 AM
An App Elon thread without any trash talking? I don't know what to make of this....xdontknowx

phoenix3
October 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I'm all out of trash talking for now, believe it or not. I was really, really impressed with App's offensive play calling. The OC really knew what he was doing with us yesterday. This isn't meant to be trash talk, but while JJ doesn't have the instincts of AE, he was well directed and very athletic. Among other minor things, our Achilles heel is a dual threat QB. After App's OC discovered this, he used it to perfection.

On another note, again no disrespect intended, wtf was the Sun Belch thinking taking Ga St over App? App'sf gameday is 2nd to none at any level. Just leaves me shaking my head. I sincerely wish we had some of that.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2012, 11:41 AM
If App had lost I would have had to blame the coaches. McCray is one of the top cover guys at this level, but there is a big difference between a late round pick/FA and a likely 2nd day pick in Melette (sp?). Double cover this guy.

Big difference is play calling this year, App lost two NFL caliber weapons yet is putting up better numbers this year. They seem to make good adjustments at the half as well.

Glad the Elon fans enjoyed the atmosphere, App has done a lot the last couple of years to install the CLASS program. Wel we want to beat you badly on the field, we would like to treat our guests well outside those 60 minutes.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I thought Price was the best wr in the SC, i was wrong, Mallette is the best receiver not only in the SC, but probably in the FCS, one guy can't cover him. The new coaching staff we have is money well spent, Saterfield is running plays we would have never run last year. Not being cocky, but I don't think there is a defense that can completely stop this offense. As long as Jackson makes good decisions, and the injuries are minamal. I think we are good for atleast 32 -35 points a game.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Price has a lot of potential and has three more years, but he isn't on Melette's level as a freshman. Price has the potential to be a good mix of him and Quick if he works as hard as Quick did he could maybe break his records.

WataugaDave
October 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
An App Elon thread without any trash talking? I don't know what to make of this....xdontknowx
Look at the threads for the App-Montana game.

When a game was pretty damn good to watch, and both teams played well but made their share of mistakes as well, it's kind of hard to trash talk about it.

ASU_Fanatic
October 7th, 2012, 02:06 PM
elon has some really good players, they impressed me. yesterday was great though, ideal boone weather and kbs was rocking. good game

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
ya, don't know why people are down on Elon, their 3 losses were to GS, Wofford, and App, they are a decent team, would not suprise me to see them win out their remaining schedule.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
If you double Melette you can beat Elon. I would force them to look elsewhere.

ElonPride
October 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
If you double Melette you can beat Elon. I would force them to look elsewhere.

There may not be too many in the conference with the discipline to do it. There are two other good receivers, Peterson & Brown that can burn you. GSU keyed in on Mellette. He did have 2 TDs, but only 68 yards. Kierre Brown was the 100 yard guy that game.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2012, 04:41 PM
So be it, but that's the best way to play you guys.

ElonPride
October 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
So be it, but that's the best way to play you guys.

UNC's really the only one that did it sucessfully, obviously.

Hate that you missed the second half yesteday Saint. Was a fun one!

Apphole
October 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I thought the atmosphere was piss poor. Typical homecoming crowd.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM
UNC's really the only one that did it sucessfully, obviously.

Hate that you missed the second half yesteday Saint. Was a fun one!

Yeah got listen on the road, almost wrecked yelling at the radio for App to double your guy.

SpeedkingATL
October 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Just got back to ATL from the game. Lots of fun if you like no defense and a complete shootout. App got the key turnovers and that was the difference. Apps defense was so vanilla in the 1st half Wilson was picking us apart. Glad App got the hard earned win and offense made the necessary adjustments. Love the wide open spread formation(s). Next up Sammy.

biggie
October 7th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Out of town today, but got to sit in the ASU radio broadcast suite Saturday. Enjoyed the game and hanging around DJ, Brownie, Tim, Randy and others.

ASU_Fanatic
October 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Really? My dad and I were just talking about how we thought it was really loud yesterday

AppChicago
October 7th, 2012, 10:54 PM

I thought it was a little more subdued than the other games I've been to recently. Piss-poor is probably an over-statement for my money, but it wasn't exactly on fire where I was sitting.

StorminASU
October 8th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I thought it was a little more subdued than the other games I've been to recently. Piss-poor is probably an over-statement for my money, but it wasn't exactly on fire where I was sitting.

It was definitely noticeably subdued compared to every other game this year already. I wouldn't say piss poor either, but saying it's a typical homecoming crowd is true.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Piss more might have been a stretch, but it was way too quiet for me. 2-3k more than the usual Black Saturday and half the noise level. I saw 500 Greek students leave the endzone student section the second homecoming stuff was over. Big loss of students, but the collective douche bag level of the stadium fell significantly when that happened so I guess it was for the best.

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Piss more might have been a stretch, but it was way too quiet for me. 2-3k more than the usual Black Saturday and half the noise level. I saw 500 Greek students leave the endzone student section the second homecoming stuff was over. Big loss of students, but the collective douche bag level of the stadium fell significantly when that happened so I guess it was for the best.

What I was sad to see the chubby shirtless kid leave.

Apps03
October 8th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Agree. I'd rather have 10 of him than thousands of those pink shirt, yellow bow-tie wearing douchebags that filled the stadium yesterday. Thought we had moved past that

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 08:39 AM

With the block A crop circle in his cut out of his back hair?

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Agree. I'd rather have 10 of him than thousands of those pink shirt, yellow bow-tie wearing douchebags that filled the stadium yesterday. Thought we had moved past that

No school will ever move past that level of douchebaggery until frats are banned permanently.

Apps03
October 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
With the block A crop circle in his cut out of his back hair?

No this was an entirely different chubby fella with no shirt.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
No this was an entirely different chubby fella with no shirt.

Oh you mean the one with the 42-C bust. Gotcha

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM
“I thought the officiating missed a big-time call there that would’ve given us 15 extra yards,” Swepson said. “At points it felt like we were playing two teams out there with App State and the officiating. That’s something that I’ve got to get straight and look at the film and turn some plays in and try to get an even-called football game.”

http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/app-state-perks-up-tops-elon-1.25164

Is this guy serious? No where close to a late hit first of all, but then to call a time out just to throw a hissy about and to take it a step farther by crying about it after the game? That is something that Jerry Moore would NEVER do. He sounds like a child.

WataugaDave
October 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM
“I thought the officiating missed a big-time call there that would’ve given us 15 extra yards,” Swepson said. “At points it felt like we were playing two teams out there with App State and the officiating. That’s something that I’ve got to get straight and look at the film and turn some plays in and try to get an even-called football game.”

Is this guy serious? No where close to a late hit first of all, but then to call a time out just to throw a hissy about and to take it a step farther by crying about it after the game? That is something that Jerry Moore would NEVER do. He sounds like a child.

Also...maybe I misheard the radio announcers, but I'm pretty sure a horsecollar tackle wasn't called against Elon in the 1st Quarter. So right back at you, buddy.

No school will ever move past that level of douchebaggery until frats are banned permanently.
At least they're only about 10% of the campus population, as opposed to Wake where it's 60% and the whole campus reeks of cologne and asshole.

I spent most of the first quarter with some friends on Howard's Knob, but there was too much damn fog (have to try again at the Wofford game and hope for clearer weather) then went back down the mountain, we were able to get in late with about 3 to go in the 2nd quarter.

cbarrier90
October 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM

It was far from nowhere close. Kimbrough did get away with a late hit and the refs missed it. From the sideline it looked as though Wilson was giving up his body and going to the ground as Kimbrough lined him up and it should have been called since Kimbrough finished the hit. Not that there was an intent to injure, but what goes around comes around.

Swepson forgets that the drive ended with a pick from Kimbrough on the goal line, so a very costly INT when Elon had all the momentum cannot be blamed on a blown call. As I said on Saturday, Elon had their opportunities and couldn't slam the door. The offense clicked, Mellette had a huge game, and they caught ASU flat-footed early. Perhaps Swepson should actually go for the first down at midfield on 3rd and long instead of attempting to win the field position battle when the defense is tiring.

asumike83
October 8th, 2012, 11:12 AM
"At points it felt like we were playing two teams out there with App State and the officiating."

Did you not get the memo that you play in the SoCon? The officials are horrible. The missed call on Kimbrough was just as bad as the gift TD that Mellette got. The ref threw his cap after he ran out of bounds, McCray gave up on the play and Mellette came right back in bounds and caught the pass. I'd say the same thing to Demetrius McCray as I would to Jason Swepson: don't EVER assume that SoCon officials are making the right call, you've got to play through it to win in this league.

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Oh you mean the one with the 42-C bust. Gotcha

yea he was the one in the endzone. Must of worked at a bakery with all those rolls he was packing

ElonPride
October 8th, 2012, 11:42 AM
"At points it felt like we were playing two teams out there with App State and the officiating."

Did you not get the memo that you play in the SoCon? The officials are horrible. The missed call on Kimbrough was just as bad as the gift TD that Mellette got.

Remember though, the refs apparently missed a TD from Mellette earlier in the game, calling him out of bounds. Even the App radio announcers said he was in bounds......make up call I guess :)

I do agree the SoCon refs aren't very good, but you can't blame the loss on it. The defense was obviously gassed after playing GSU, Wofford and App three consecutive weeks.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Remember though, the refs apparently missed a TD from Mellette earlier in the game, calling him out of bounds. Even the App radio announcers said he was in bounds......make up call I guess :)

I do agree the SoCon refs aren't very good, but you can't blame the loss on it. The defense was obviously gassed after playing GSU, Wofford and App three consecutive weeks.

Yes. You can never blame a loss on the officials. I don't remember hearing App fans say that the officials gave ECU the game this year even though there was an 11-1 difference in penalties. Fans, mind you.
For a head coach to say that after the game. A head coach. Is pretty classless. I'd be embarrassed as an Elon fan.

asumike83
October 8th, 2012, 11:48 AM

Yeah, the SoCon officiating is almost always an embarrassment. I'm sure he was frustrated but I still can't believe he said that... on the record. There were some terrible calls both ways but I still think the deserving team won the game.

ElonPride
October 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Yes. You can never blame a loss on the officials. I don't remember hearing App fans say that the officials gave ECU the game this year even though there was an 11-1 difference in penalties. Fans, mind you.
For a head coach to say that after the game. A head coach. Is pretty classless. I'd be embarrassed as an Elon fan.

Who cares! You won't be calling it classless if it gets some action from the SoCon. They obviously needed to be called out (past, present and future), and maybe it took a head coach's public comments to do something. I personally don't care because I don't take college football too seriously, but I do find it interesting that you have any sort of compass regarding class.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Who cares! You won't be calling it classless if it gets some action from the SoCon. They obviously needed to be called out (past, present and future), and maybe it took a head coach's public comments to do something. I personally don't care because I don't take college football too seriously, but I do find it interesting that you have any sort of compass regarding class.

What kind of action are you hoping for? They gonna reverse the result of the game? The best you can even hope for is public acknowledgment of the bad a call and you will never even get that. What your coach said was sour grapes and that's all there is to it. Even your fellow Elon fans agree. Shut up and get over it. And I'm talking to you and your childish coach.

And really? Calling me classless. I needn't look further than your signature to find how classy you are.

59-13 all time versus App xlolx

To all the normal Elon fans, good game.

To this jackass with little man syndrome, suck it. You lost. Again.

ElonPride
October 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM
To this jackass with little man syndrome, suck it. You lost. Again.

Case in point.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Case in point.

I believe the standards of class are a tad different for a head coach vs a fan.

What do you hope to accomplish by pulling that quote out of context when everyone can just scroll up and read my post in it's entirey? You really are stupid aren't you?

Here's my post in it's entirety xsmiley_wix

To all the normal Elon fans, good game.

ElonPride
October 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM
You really are stupid aren't you?

And again.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
And again.

35-23
xbawlingx

T-Dog
October 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
And we were making such great progress. xsmhx

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Until

ASUMountaineer
October 8th, 2012, 12:53 PM

14-10 App

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/answers/1000/1170_1236646826720_400_289.jpg

ElonPride
October 8th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Every school has their "bad" fans. According to one of your more, let's say, spirited fans, I'm it for Elon. Personally, I've gotten along quite well with many of your fans and would have no problems sitting down with a beer to have civil discussion. Progress has been made, but one fan would rather assume to keep the divide and enjoys when the conversation digresses.

fc97
October 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
the only true bad call was the lack of TD by mellete. and that would have garnered a net result of +4 (we hit a fg instead). bad call or not, it doesnt change the outcome either way.

a head coach whining about the refs is silly, but, nearly all of them have done it at some point. star app players have been known to do it. so, seriously, give it a rest apphole.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Every school has their "bad" fans. According to one of your more, let's say, spirited fans, I'm it for Elon. Personally, I've gotten along quite well with many of your fans and would have no problems sitting down with a beer to have civil discussion. Progress has been made, but one fan would rather assume to keep the divide and enjoys when the conversation digresses.

I get along with many Elon fans too, man. And I'd be happy to buy even you a beer if you ever come up for an App game.

Saint3333
October 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
SoCon refs are terrible.

#duh

biggie
October 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
the only true bad call was the lack of TD by mellete.
Did anyone see a replay of his feet?

ASU Radio only said they were glad of no replay due to they thought the call was made because of a bobble, the replay showed no bobble but no replay showed if his feet were in.

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I get along with many Elon fans too, man. And I'd be happy to buy even you a beer if you ever come up for an App game.

I sat down this weekend with some white lightning with an App poster from this board. Most fans I’ve met have been very hospital, though a select few try to pick up the slack for arrogant morale, and that goes for most schools in the conf. Every school has their fans that you have to shake your head at.

fc97
October 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Did anyone see a replay of his feet?

ASU Radio only said they were glad of no replay due to they thought the call was made because of a bobble, the replay showed no bobble but no replay showed if his feet were in.

the app guys watched the replay, according to what they said on the radio. both said he was in, said app caught a break and were glad there was no replay. overall, it doesnt matter. it doesnt change the outcome.

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I sat down this weekend with some white lightning with an App poster from this board. Most fans I’ve met have been very hospital, though a select few try to pick up the slack for arrogant morale, and that goes for most schools in the conf. Every school has their fans that you have to shake your head at.

Wish I was among them.

FWIW, I don't act like I do on this board IRL. I mean my handle is a pun on asshole. It's my shtick. Met plenty of Grizators and other AGS posters for the Montana game. We all got along better than great. Not that Griz and App fans get into it too often on AGS though.

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Wish I was among them.

FWIW, I don't act like I do on this board IRL. I mean my handle is a pun on asshole. It's my shtick. Met plenty of Grizators and other AGS posters for the Montana game. We all got along better than great. Not that Griz and App fans get into it too often on AGS though.

Well maybe next year if you come down the mountain you can drop by my tailgate. Will not have any shine, but Im sure I can pick up a few extra cold ones

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM
the app guys watched the replay, according to what they said on the radio. both said he was in, said app caught a break and were glad there was no replay. overall, it doesnt matter. it doesnt change the outcome.

From where I was sitting I couln't see his feet but I didn't see a bobble. Should of been a catch, if we didn't go for 2 that other time thats +8, add in the FG missed in the first we are still down by 1. Any combo of those things happening puts us in the game at the final buzzer but we still loose without 1 more score

biggie
October 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
They didn't say he was inbounds, they just said they were glad there was no replay. From the advantage on that side of the stadium, even on the 7th floor you couldn't see where his feet were. And the replay on the scoreboard was from field level the opposite side as well, couldn't see his feet.

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
was watching the game on the computer, can't say with 100%, but it looked like a catch. Said it before, Mallette is the best receiver in the FCS, should go high in next years draft

Apphole
October 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Well maybe next year if you come down the mountain you can drop by my tailgate. Will not have any shine, but Im sure I can pick up a few extra cold ones

Leave the shine to me! xthumbsupx

Assuming I make it to ANY games. Starting law school in the fall.

biggie
October 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I thought he caught it, but just couldn't see his feet/out-of-bounds line, so that's where I was guessing the refs called it incomplete, not sure.

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
was watching the game on the computer, can't say with 100%, but it looked like a catch. Said it before, Mallette is the best receiver in the FCS, should go high in next years draft

I will say the int your def had in the endzone where Malette took it out of his hands was pretty funny. From my perspective it look as if you clearly int it. But while still in the air Mallette, said thank you very much but that ball is mine.

ASUMountaineer
October 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I will say the int your def had in the endzone where Malette took it out of his hands was pretty funny. From my perspective it look as if you clearly int it. But while still in the air Mallette, said thank you very much but that ball is mine.

We were hoping for replacement refs with that play!

biggie
October 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Elon's youtube account has highlights, on that play McCray wasn't in as good as of position as I thought he was when I saw it. It never really got into his hands, but he just basically slowed it down and left it in perfect position for Mellette to grab it.

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
We were hoping for replacement refs with that play!

I made the same comment, "at least were not Green Bay", at that exact play

asumike83
October 8th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I just watched the replay of the game. He definitely did not bobble it, could not see his feet clearly at all. Would like to get another angle, just for curiosity's sake.

ElonPride
October 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Wow, that Mellette catch at the end of the video was smooth......App player looked to have perfect positioning, and he just took it away!

I remember the App announcers yelling, "INTERCEPTION......oh wait a minute.....touchdown???"

mountaineer in Cane Land
October 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
thank goodness, the only serious threat in the game was Mallett, the rest of the team only caught 170 yds, and ran for, I believe around 100 yds. I guess when you only throw to Mallette, the rest of the receivers just stand around and watch.

fc97
October 9th, 2012, 06:51 AM
thank goodness, the only serious threat in the game was Mallett, the rest of the team only caught 170 yds, and ran for, I believe around 100 yds. I guess when you only throw to Mallette, the rest of the receivers just stand around and watch.

when you have a special player, you use him. as much as app is down people in their game, nearly our entire OL is freshmen that they wanted to redshirt with no playing time before this year and we have on scholarship running back in full health, the others are walkons.

back to our game, i dont get our play calling. the offenses tore into each other pretty well, but we were horrible on third down conversions. calling deep risky passes on third and short? i'll agree with another poster, wilson is a better passer than riddle and a better runner and can take hits better. but riddle made better decisions under pressure.

anyway, like i said, it was a good game. if mellette didnt play, i still expect the team would have put up great numbers. there are plenty of capable receivers on staff.

GlassOnion
October 9th, 2012, 12:26 PM
On the questionable non TD by Mellette, it was NOT a TD. Watching it right now, on the App archived game video, and paused at 1:13:22, he catches the ball clean in the air, but the ball and toes of his right foot come down right on the line. He then does a little skip and brings his left down in bounds. You cant see it in the replay because they use the field angle, but in gameplay the ref is in perfect position looking down the line.

ElonPride
October 9th, 2012, 03:22 PM
On the questionable non TD by Mellette, it was NOT a TD. Watching it right now, on the App archived game video, and paused at 1:13:22, he catches the ball clean in the air, but the ball and toes of his right foot come down right on the line. He then does a little skip and brings his left down in bounds. You cant see it in the replay because they use the field angle, but in gameplay the ref is in perfect position looking down the line.

Can you provide a link? My thick head can't find the App archived video, though I see the archived game audio link in the game story.

GlassOnion
October 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Can you provide a link? My thick head can't find the App archived video, though I see the archived game audio link in the game story.

Are you a GoASU TV member?

And to more accurately describe what happened, Mellette jumped in the air, both knees coming up somewhat to his chest, his right foot comes down a second before his left. He didnt have to jump for that ball, if he hadnt, he'd prolly have had it, and it would have looked a bit more spectacular.

fc97
October 9th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Are you a GoASU TV member?

And to more accurately describe what happened, Mellette jumped in the air, both knees coming up somewhat to his chest, his right foot comes down a second before his left. He didnt have to jump for that ball, if he hadnt, he'd prolly have had it, and it would have looked a bit more spectacular.

that's a lot of work just to prove the losers of the game wrong. can you put it on youtube?

ElonFirefighter
October 10th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Goto elons athletic page and view the highlight video, its one of the last clips on the video

Edit: Thats the int steal TD, not sure if theres a good angle on the other catch