PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-6

JALMOND
October 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
After a terrible weekend last week going 3-3, I now stand at 39-8 for the year. This week I hope for perfection. Six games on the conference schedule with Northern Arizona taking the week off, actually starting on Friday night with Cal Poly and Weber State. A possibly tough slate with many of the upper tier teams on the road. Here is my attempt at perfection. Have a it.

CP at WSU---The Mustangs have gone through their slate of games unscathed so far, including last week's game at North Dakota. This Friday, they find themselves on the road again, playing the Wildcats who are back from the shellacking they experienced at UC-Davis. The Wildcats looked good at home earlier against Eastern Washington so this may be good...CP 28, WSU 20.

ISU at PSU---A tale of two teams that are great at one thing and terrble at the others. The Bengals have shown an uncanny sense of throwing the ball and scoring a lot of points and the Vikings cannot seem to be able to stop the pass. Consequently, the Vikings have shown a great ability to run the ball and the Bengals cannot seem to stop anyone's running attack. Shootout?...ISU 54, PSU 48.

UM at UNC---How will the Grizzlies respond. Not only did they fold up at home to Northern Arizona, last week they let a sure win at Eastern Washington slip through their hands. The question is can they recover this week as they hit the road again and play Northern Colorado, who had the whole week to prepare for this game. It may not be easy...UM 24, UNC 17.

MSU at UCD---The Bobcats have kept their schedule clean, taking care of business in their first five games including last week at Southern Utah. This week, they stay on the road, going to a rejuvinated Aggie team that was able to find their offense and their points last week at home against Weber State. The Aggies may need all the points they can muster against the Bobcats...MSU 24, UCD 14.

UND at EWU---The Eagles snatched victory from defeat last week, making an improbable comback against Montana. While they were doing that, North Dakota could not do the same to Cal Poly, falling at home to the Mustangs. What will happen when the Dakotans make it to the Inferno?...EWU 38, UND 28.

Sac State at SUU---The Hornets were able to score at will last week against Idaho State and now they continue on the road to play the Thunderbirds, who gave Montana State all they could handle before finally succumbing to the Bobcats. Will the Hornets be able to score against someone who plays defense?...SUU 38, Sac State 17.

mvemjsunpx
October 4th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Friday

Cal Poly 37-21 Weber — The Wildcats can't stay this bad, can they?

Saturday

NoDak 24-38 EWU — The UNDers are fully into their schedule gauntlet now

Idaho St. 28-42 Portland St. — Bengal football recipe: Step 1 - Throw for a bunch of yards; Step 2 - Lose

Montana St. 28-20 UC Davis — Bobcats dodge another bullet

Sac State 24-35 Suutah — The T-Birds have forced 7 more turnovers than any other Big Sky team

Montana 37-17 NoCo — NoCo's run defense is alright. Their offense, on the other hand…

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2012, 02:54 AM
CP 35 @ 17 WSU

SAC 22 @ 34 SUU

UM 42 @ 23 UNC

MSU 28 @ 24 UCD

ISU 38 @ 42 PSU

UND 30 @ 38 EWU

darell1976
October 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Cal Poly
SUU
Montana
MSU
PSU
EWU

wapiti
October 4th, 2012, 08:50 AM
CP 32 at WSU 24---CP has been playing well this year and the BBQ has struggled. CP takes care of this game too. I see CP easily making the playoffs this year.

ISU 35 at PSU 38---These two teams seem fairly equal. Tough one to pick so I went with the home field advantage.

UM 30 at UNC 17---UM wins the turnover margin in this game and takes the W.

MSU 24 at UCD 21---Tough pick here. Probably a bit of a homer pick, but MSU is showing they know how to win, even when they do not play up to par.

UND 28 at EWU 32---UND is smarting after that loss to CP. Will the Eagles have a post griz letdown? A bit of a trap game for EWU with a trip to Bozeman next week. This game may show what kind of focus the Eagles have.

Sac State 36 at SUU 38---Another tough game to pick. I also smell the potential for a shootout. This may be a fun/entertaining game to watch.

Walkon79
October 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cal Poly
SUU
Montana
MSU
PSU
EWU

Cal Poly
SUU
Montana
MSU
PSU
UND (Wishful Thinking :) )

Screamin_Eagle174
October 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Cal Poly
SUU
Montana
MSU
PSU
UND (Wishful Thinking :) )

Go Davis!

Walkon79
October 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Go Davis!

Wishful Thinking???

I would just be more comfortable next week if EWU came in on a loss. I would have also picked WSU for a similar reason but that aint happening. :)

Nice win last week BTW.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 5th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Wishful Thinking???

I would just be more comfortable next week if EWU came in on a loss. I would have also picked WSU for a similar reason but that aint happening. :)

Nice win last week BTW.

If I were a Bobcat, I'd be more worried if EWU lost this weekend.

Also, I wouldn't admit I'm a Bobcat. xlolx

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM
If I were a Bobcat, I'd be more worried if EWU lost this weekend.

Also, I wouldn't admit I'm a Bobcat. xlolx

I would too. We play MSU in Bozeman on the 27th. If UND can go into Cheney and get a W then win the next two home games (which is possible) against NAU and Montana...UND could be a contender for the BSC title(of course depending on what Cal Poly does) and with that in the picture plus confidence from winning on the road puts UND in the drivers seat for an upset against MSU.

Walkon79
October 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Lotta "ifs" there Darell :)

eiu1999
October 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cal Poly
EWU
Portland St.
Montana St.
Sac State
Montana

Walkon79
October 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I would too. We play MSU in Bozeman on the 27th. If UND can go into Cheney and get a W then win the next two home games (which is possible) against NAU and Montana...UND could be a contender for the BSC title(of course depending on what Cal Poly does) and with that in the picture plus confidence from winning on the road puts UND in the drivers seat for an upset against MSU.

EWU, NAU, Montana, Montana State.....

Wow!! If your win 3 out of those 4 then you should be BSC Champs, regardless of what CP does.

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Lotta "ifs" there Darell :)

Tell me about. If our defense shows up this weekend...xlolx

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 01:37 PM
EWU, NAU, Montana, Montana State.....

Wow!! If your win 3 out of those 4 then you should be BSC Champs, regardless of what CP does.

UND has never had a stretch like this just in regular season play. Back in the NCC days we would have NDSU, SDSU, and maybe a good Omaha team but then our competition would go down with the bottom feeders. Here you have ranked teams back to back to back for damn near 5 weeks. Its like playing in the SEC or Big 10. This is why win or lose (hopefully win) UND fans are excited to be in the Big Sky. This is worth the price of admission. No more DII teams this is the real deal with the playoffs as your reward (and with our nickname issue over hosting playoffs is an option too).

Screamin_Eagle174
October 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

I know you aren't aware of this, but the world doesn't revolve around UND. What I alluded to in my post was that if EWU happened to lose this week, MSU should be very afraid of a pissed off, backs-against-the-wall EWU team.

bobcathpdevil56
October 5th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Soo many ifs from everyone. Gonna be a great week of football. I will throw my hat in with the UND upset

darell1976
October 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

I know you aren't aware of this, but the world doesn't revolve around UND. What I alluded to in my post was that if EWU happened to lose this week, MSU should be very afraid of a pissed off, backs-against-the-wall EWU team.

Shut the front door. I didn't know that.:D Sorry if I didn't understand where you were going.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 5th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Soo many ifs from everyone. Gonna be a great week of football. I will throw my hat in with the UND upset

UND upset... one of the IFs.

Just as great, if not greater chance of Davis "upsetting" MSU. Davis at least is at home.

bobcathpdevil56
October 5th, 2012, 05:31 PM
UND upset... one of the IFs.

Just as great, if not greater chance of Davis "upsetting" MSU. Davis at least is at home.

I don't know about that. MSU and EWU seem pretty comparable right now. I don't think UND and UCD are that close. But home field is a great advantage in the BSC

Screamin_Eagle174
October 5th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I don't know about that. MSU and EWU seem pretty comparable right now. I don't think UND and UCD are that close. But home field is a great advantage in the BSC

I disagree... they seem about the same to me, but opposite in terms of strength. UND is offense, UCD is defense. UCD gave Poly a close game (8 pts) in SLO, UND got beat by 3 scores at home. UCD also came within 4 of good (ranked?) SDSU team, also on the road.

And FWIW, Sagarin agrees with me.

UCD 132
UND 135

bobcathpdevil56
October 5th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I disagree... they seem about the same to me, but opposite in terms of strength. UND is offense, UCD is defense. UCD gave Poly a close game (8 pts) in SLO, UND got beat by 3 scores at home. UCD also came within 4 of good (ranked?) SDSU team, also on the road.

And FWIW, Sagarin agrees with me.

UCD 132
UND 135

Good points. Not sure if Sagarin helps the argument though, it does have Harvard ranked 4th

bojeta
October 5th, 2012, 10:53 PM

I have to say; to be safe, I picked both EWU and MSU for my Big Sky Challenge this week, but I'm thinking we might see two upsets.

dudeitsaid
October 6th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Do any of you guys look at the Dunkel Index. They've actually got EWU and UND ranked fairly close!

Week 5: Holy Cow
Harvard's Colton Chapple threw 4 first-half TD passes as the Crimson cruised to a 52-3 victory over Holy Cross on Friday night. Here are the complete I-AA rankings after Week 5 of the college football season.

TEAM RATING RECORD CONFERENCE
1 North Dakota State 89.207 4-0 Missouri Valley
2 Youngstown State 84.638 4-0 Missouri Valley
3 Old Dominion 84.151 5-0 CAA
4 Illinois State 84.017 5-0 Missouri Valley
5 Georgia Southern 79.991 3-1 Southern
6 Cal Poly 79.400 4-0 Big Sky
7 James Madison 77.751 3-1 CAA
8 Northern Iowa 77.303 1-4 Missouri Valley
9 Eastern Washington 77.170 3-1 Big Sky
10 Stony Brook 76.882 4-1 Big South
11 Wofford 76.086 4-0 Southern
12 Sam Houston State 75.705 2-2 Southland
13 Montana State 74.789 5-0 Big Sky
14 Delaware 72.777 4-1 CAA
15 Harvard 72.630 3-0 Ivy League
16 New Hampshire 72.207 3-2 CAA
17 North Dakota 71.143 3-2 Big Sky
18 Lehigh 70.591 5-0 Patriot League
19 The Citadel 70.426 3-2 Southern
20 South Dakota State 69.877 4-1 Missouri Valley
21 Richmond 69.854 3-2 CAA
22 Eastern Kentucky 69.327 4-1 Ohio Valley
23 Central Arkansas 69.211 3-2 Southland
24 Villanova 69.155 4-1 CAA
25 Samford 68.839 4-1 Southern

NAU is 29, and Montana is 34. Don't know how accurate that is, but at least someone out there thinks UND and EWU could be a close game with EWU coming out on top. It seems to me that EWU somehow often keeps it close with whoever they play. It would be nice to see a couple blowouts here.

tingly
October 6th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Self, Breisch, and Smart ratings have UND above EWU.

swaghook
October 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
CP @ WSU

SAC @ SUU

UM @ UNC

MSU @ UCD

ISU @ PSU

UND @ EWU

Screamin_Eagle174
October 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Self, Breisch, and Smart ratings have UND above EWU.

Selfish, Brash, and not very Smart. xthumbsdownx

:D

Walkon79
October 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

clawman
October 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM

WOW how do you see anything with those dark green glasses on?xlolx

darell1976
October 6th, 2012, 06:03 PM
WOW how do you see anything with those dark green glasses on?xlolx

Um I don't understand your question....I didn't say we would win at Cheney or at Bozeman. I said....IF. Maybe you missed that, its a scenario.

JALMOND
October 6th, 2012, 11:54 PM
After a terrible weekend last week going 3-3, I now stand at 39-8 for the year. This week I hope for perfection. Six games on the conference schedule with Northern Arizona taking the week off, actually starting on Friday night with Cal Poly and Weber State. A possibly tough slate with many of the upper tier teams on the road. Here is my attempt at perfection. Have a it.

CP at WSU---The Mustangs have gone through their slate of games unscathed so far, including last week's game at North Dakota. This Friday, they find themselves on the road again, playing the Wildcats who are back from the shellacking they experienced at UC-Davis. The Wildcats looked good at home earlier against Eastern Washington so this may be good...CP 28, WSU 20.

ISU at PSU---A tale of two teams that are great at one thing and terrble at the others. The Bengals have shown an uncanny sense of throwing the ball and scoring a lot of points and the Vikings cannot seem to be able to stop the pass. Consequently, the Vikings have shown a great ability to run the ball and the Bengals cannot seem to stop anyone's running attack. Shootout?...ISU 54, PSU 48.

UM at UNC---How will the Grizzlies respond. Not only did they fold up at home to Northern Arizona, last week they let a sure win at Eastern Washington slip through their hands. The question is can they recover this week as they hit the road again and play Northern Colorado, who had the whole week to prepare for this game. It may not be easy...UM 24, UNC 17.

MSU at UCD---The Bobcats have kept their schedule clean, taking care of business in their first five games including last week at Southern Utah. This week, they stay on the road, going to a rejuvinated Aggie team that was able to find their offense and their points last week at home against Weber State. The Aggies may need all the points they can muster against the Bobcats...MSU 24, UCD 14.

UND at EWU---The Eagles snatched victory from defeat last week, making an improbable comback against Montana. While they were doing that, North Dakota could not do the same to Cal Poly, falling at home to the Mustangs. What will happen when the Dakotans make it to the Inferno?...EWU 38, UND 28.

Sac State at SUU---The Hornets were able to score at will last week against Idaho State and now they continue on the road to play the Thunderbirds, who gave Montana State all they could handle before finally succumbing to the Bobcats. Will the Hornets be able to score against someone who plays defense?...SUU 38, Sac State 17.

4-2 for the weekend, 43-10 overall. I'd say I missed the ISU/PSU game slightly. I'm thinking PSU would have lost if I would have picked them.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 12:14 AM
CP 35 @ 17 WSU
CP 45 @ 23 WSU - Dead on, just a score more for each.
SAC 22 @ 34 SUU
Sac 27 @ 22 SUU - Well, at least I was correct in someone scoring 22. :|
UM 42 @ 23 UNC
UM 40 @ 17 UNC - Pretty close, gave UNC too much credit... stupid turnovers.
MSU 28 @ 24 UCD
MSU 48 @ 41 UCD - Was close on the point differential, but gave both D's way too much credit.
ISU 38 @ 42 PSU
ISU 10 @ PSU 77 - WOW. I don't think anyone saw this pasting coming.
UND 30 @ 38 EWU
UND 17 @ 55 EWU - I didn't have a good feeling about this game, but our offense was extremely efficient. 6.6 per rush for us, held UND to 3.8, yet only had half the TOP as UND. Crazy game.

5-1, puts me at 45-8 on the year. Could I beat Jalmond for the first time? :)

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2012, 12:51 AM

xcoffeex