PDA

View Full Version : College Football Ranking Comparison NDS #1 ODU #5 35 Polls averaged!

ODU Oldtimer
October 2nd, 2012, 02:21 PM
College Football Ranking Comparison NDS #1 ODU #5 35 Polls averaged!

I am sure most have seen this. It was sent to me a few weeks back. Just thought I would post to see what everyone thinks?

Polls consolidated to a single Ranking

Don't shoot the messenger. Share your thoughts.

If AGS is not a part of this aggregate of polls, I think it could be added, used and be a very creditable poll for FCS College insider polls. I believe it has a link so our, explaining how AGS can be considered, and possibly added into this GROUP!!

The neat part is you can sort by polls, and other category comparisons.

Link...... http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

My Pride is Showing!
GO ODU Monarchs

MTfan4life
October 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
AGS actually is on this on the far right side. One thing to point out. These aren't polls. The majority of these are computer rating systems. Only three of them are actual voter "Polls".

danefan
October 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Interesting that Albany and Villanova are the only teams in the AVG Top 25 not to be ranked in either the TSN or Coaches Poll

ODU Oldtimer
October 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks ....I like the concept.

HailSzczur
October 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Interesting that Albany and Villanova are the only teams in the AVG Top 25 not to be ranked in either the TSN or Coaches Poll

I smell a conspiracy in the making :D

But honestly I hate using computer rankings as more that just a fun thing to look at (engineer here, I like numbers and stats), but it does seem a bit odd that the poll bozos couldn't see what other pollers/computers all got rather clearly.

Vitojr130
October 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM

Lol Since when did my virus protection decide to get involved with football polling?

UNH72Plus
October 3rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
I noticed that one of the computer rankings had UNI (1-4) at #2, South Dakota (1-3) at #5, and Missouri State (0-5) at #13. The range of rankings is pretty weird too. Eastern Washington is anywhere between 7th & 100th and UNH ranges from 3rd to 40th. I think I'll wait a while before I bet the farm on any of these!