PDA

View Full Version : 2007 MEAC/SWAC Challenge

bluedog
July 29th, 2006, 04:54 PM
What school would you like to see representing the MEAC vs Southern?

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM
South Carolina St...especially if those Bulldogs can get past Hampton this year and be the MEAC Champs...

July 29th, 2006, 05:00 PM
WSSU is not a MEAC football school, besides SU finished out of the lead in the SWAC last year...

bluedog
July 29th, 2006, 05:05 PM
WSSU is not a MEAC football school, besides SU finished out of the lead in the SWAC last year...

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker):
WSSU's enters MEAC; further expansion could include NCCU

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/nccentral/40-754488.html

By MIKE POTTER : The Herald-Sun
[email protected]
Jul 21, 2006 : 12:37 am ET

Winston-Salem State is the newest member of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, and N.C. Central could be close behind.

The announcement that the Rams will begin playing MEAC schedules during the 2007-08 academic year and begin competing for championships in 2010-11 was made Thursday at the conference headquarters in Virginia Beach.

"This is indeed a truly historic moment for the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference," MEAC commissioner Dennis Thomas said during a teleconference. "We are welcoming another fine and outstanding institution to our conference."

"[For the MEAC to expand], there has to be a compatibility. The profile must work. There has to be some added value, and it must make the conference stronger."

Several other historically black institutions in the MEAC's Maryland-to-Florida footprint are known to have aspirations to join the conference, foremost among them N.C. Central, which is one year behind WSSU in the move from Division II to Division I for all sports except football, which would compete at the Division I-AA level.

Thomas said the MEAC may be interested in further expansion in the near future.

"Right now, we're considering applications all the time," he said.

Thomas said that an application from Division I-AA Savannah State was not considered because the school currently is on NCAA probation.

The expansion was the conference's first since Norfolk State joined the league in 1997. ...

and you call yourself a sports fan. *SMH*

July 29th, 2006, 05:11 PM
and you call yourself a sports fan. *SMH*Same to you buddy, maybe you overlooked this:
http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=79683
...The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) will expand its membership to 12 members next year, as the league voted to admit Winston-Salem State University into the league beginning in 2007-08...:rolleyes: It is those who bring falsities to AGS that get rebuffed. Maybe start another poll?

bluedog
July 29th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Same to you buddy, maybe you overlooked this::rolleyes: It is those who bring falsities to AGS that get rebuffed. Maybe start another poll?

Um ralph did you read the title of this thread? Are you off your meds today?

July 29th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Oops, sorry blue (don't take 'meds'). Hmmm next year... Alabama A&M every year, Alabama State every year, Alcorn State every year, Arkansas-Pine Bluff every year, Grambling State every year, Jackson State every year, Mississippi Valley State every year, Prairie View A&M every year, Southern every year, Texas Southern every year, Bethune-Cookman every year, Delaware State every year, Florida A&M every year, Hampton every year, Howard every year, Morgan State every year, Norfolk State every year, N.C. A&T State every year, S.C. State every year and Winston-Salem State every year.

bluedog
July 29th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Oops, sorry blue (don't take 'meds'). Hmmm next year... Alabama A&M every year, Alabama State every year, Alcorn State every year, Arkansas-Pine Bluff every year, Grambling State every year, Jackson State every year, Mississippi Valley State every year, Prairie View A&M every year, Southern every year, Texas Southern every year, Bethune-Cookman every year, Delaware State every year, Florida A&M every year, Hampton every year, Howard every year, Morgan State every year, Norfolk State every year, N.C. A&T State every year, S.C. State every year and Winston-Salem State every year.

Well give me some because I don't understand what the Hell this is. ^^^^

July 29th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Well give me some because I don't understand what the Hell this is. ^^^^I guess you might need some 'meds' then xlolx because you started the thread "2007 MEAC/SWAC Challenge" so I posted the players.