PDA

View Full Version : I-AA vs Big 12...

Obzerver
July 28th, 2006, 08:00 PM
The writer is Bruce Feldman from ESPN "September's Intriguing Matchups (posted July 26, 2006):

The other day, reporter Wendell Barnhouse delved into the nonconference soup and sized up some of the particulars: "Of the six BCS conferences, the Big 12 is playing the most I-AA teams (11); only Oklahoma doesn't play a I-AA foe. Big 12 schools will pay more than $3.1 million to the I-AA schools for those 'guaranteed wins.' And the Big 12 has the fewest nonconference games (11) against teams from the other BCS conferences."

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2006, 08:03 PM
In the last two years...

We've seen close games like Oklahoma St 15-10 Montana St, Nebraska 25-7 Maine, Baylor 24-17 Texas St-San Marcos and Texas A&M 44-31 over Texas St-San Marcos

Big XII is not guaranteed nothing...

July 28th, 2006, 08:03 PM
gee I wonder when the last 'guaranteed win' did not happen when a bIGonetwo team faced a I-AA team????

crunifan
July 28th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I know it's not the most recent win over a Big XII team, but UNI beat Iowa State in 1992 and 1994. Hopefully we can get in another win this fall.

July 28th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I know it's not the most recent win over a Big XII team, but UNI beat Iowa State in 1992 and 1994. Hopefully we can get in another win this fall.exactly... "guaranteed win" is a laugher and they will always provide excuses... what I-A conference can say "guaranteed win" ????????

Frosty The Snowbuff
July 29th, 2006, 12:05 AM
The writer is Bruce Feldman from ESPN "September's Intriguing Matchups (posted July 26, 2006):

The other day, reporter Wendell Barnhouse delved into the nonconference soup and sized up some of the particulars: "Of the six BCS conferences, the Big 12 is playing the most I-AA teams (11); only Oklahoma doesn't play a I-AA foe. Big 12 schools will pay more than $3.1 million to the I-AA schools for those 'guaranteed wins.' And the Big 12 has the fewest nonconference games (11) against teams from the other BCS conferences."

As a Big 12 fan I had to laugh because this is normally what SEC does best xlolx.

Oh well...all the SEC did was replace the 1-AA teams with Sun-Belt teams (ULM anyone??)....not much difference there.

July 29th, 2006, 12:10 AM
As a Big 12 fan I had to laugh because this is normally what SEC does best xlolx.

Oh well...all the SEC did was replace the 1-AA teams with Sun-Belt teams (ULM anyone??)....not much difference there.Yeah all the I-A conferences (Bonetwo, Seasy, Sbelch-- as smackers call them) sustained I-AA beatings. :nod:

JohnStOnge
July 29th, 2006, 06:21 AM
I love I-AA football and I pull for the I-AA every time one plays a BCS league school. But, I gotta say that unless I made some mistake I don't think a Big 12 team's lost to a I-AA since the BCS started in 1998. I think the record is 42 - 0. Nothing is absolutely guaranteed, but I think you can see why people think of it as such.

July 29th, 2006, 12:18 PM
... since the BCS started in 1998... Nothing is absolutely guaranteed, but I think you can see why people think of it as such.We're pretty much 'guaranteed' a space shuttle won't blow up on takeoff since one hasn't since 1986... bIGonetwo has sustained losses to I-AA, bottom line.

ISUMatt
July 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Would be great if ILS can upset Kansas St 9/2

Reed Rothchild
July 29th, 2006, 04:02 PM

I think that could happen and is the most likely chance for a big upset. ILS showed last year that they could do it when they went into Ames and almost beat ISU. Kstate is in a bigtime transition and could be really bad this year.

igo4uni
July 29th, 2006, 04:40 PM

Yes, would be very cool!! Go Ill. State!!

Demon Fan
July 29th, 2006, 06:04 PM
We're pretty much 'guaranteed' a space shuttle won't blow up on takeoff since one hasn't since 1986... bIGonetwo has sustained losses to I-AA, bottom line.

Well Ralph my boys in Purple and White will get two cracks at the Big 12; on back-to-back Saturdays!
Northwestern State plays Kansas on September 2, and then faces Baylor on the following Saturday (9th).

GeauxColonels
July 30th, 2006, 10:46 AM
I'm telling ya....Nicholls State over Nebraska 21-17!!!! Book It!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keeper
July 31st, 2006, 03:53 AM
ISU over KSU? VERY Possible!
NW over Kansas or Baylor? Find bookie, get odds, laugh to bank!
NSU over Huskers? Not this year my friend, but good game from Cols.
Also, UNI has real good chance against I-uh state who have Texas b4
and Nebraska after. Colorado may struggle big vs MT state with new
coach and terrible finish last year. Okie State has only a few starters
returning from a horrible defense to face a MoState coach who KNOWS
Big12 ball and would love to make a statement.
Texas, TTech, Mizzou, A&M..... all guarantees guys.... name yer score.

Not only does "big"xii sneer at adding 9th conference game, they try to
insure their EIGHT bowl bids.:nono:

PantherRob82
July 31st, 2006, 08:49 AM
I'd love to see the Gateway pull out the 2 big wins. I think both of them have a shot. Definitely helps that ISU will be between Texas and Nebraska. Hard to focus on UNI after Texas beats you up and you want to prepare for NE.

birdsflyhigh
July 31st, 2006, 04:17 PM
Would be great to see the ISU Redbirds go invade Manhattan, Kansas and take down Kansas State. Even though KSU not be overly good this year, it still would be a feather in the cap to beat a BCS school on their turf!

Go get 'em Birds! :nod: :hurray:

bison95
July 31st, 2006, 04:19 PM
I'm telling ya....Nicholls State over Nebraska 21-17!!!! Book It!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That will make Nicholls State my new second favorite team.:hurray: :hurray: Show those husker freaks what a real N is!!!

GeauxColonels
July 31st, 2006, 04:37 PM
That will make Nicholls State my new second favorite team.:hurray: :hurray: Show those husker freaks what a real N is!!!
We always welcome more people onto the bandwagon.

Anyway....our N is much more manly. We have a freakin' SWORD :thumbsup: ....they have script "Huskers". WTF?! :mad: :mad:

bison95
July 31st, 2006, 04:43 PM
We always welcome more people onto the bandwagon.

Anyway....our N is much more manly. We have a freakin' SWORD :thumbsup: ....they have script "Huskers". WTF?! :mad: :mad:

I am on the "who ever is playing the huskers bandwagon"!!! Hate the huskers since the day Craig Bohl became the sacrifical lamb of the program, everything went in the ****ter for them since(and way up for the Bison in seeing the brilliance that is Coach Bohl).

Cap'n Cat
July 31st, 2006, 04:49 PM
Note: UNI, 3-0 v Kansas State, all-time.

:p

igo4uni
July 31st, 2006, 08:47 PM
Note: UNI, 3-0 v Kansas State, all-time.

:p

Woo Hoo!!

Gotta love it!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x xprost2x

igo4uni
July 31st, 2006, 08:54 PM
1985......UNI 10
Kansas St. 6

1987........UNI 17
Kansas St. 0

1989.............UNI 10
Kansas St. 8

RabidRabbit
July 31st, 2006, 09:16 PM
I take it that K-State won't book you guys any more??

Nothing like paying for the privilege of getting whopped!!!

Great Luck with Ia St. Cyclowns!

Frosty The Snowbuff
July 31st, 2006, 10:40 PM
ISU over KSU? VERY Possible!
NW over Kansas or Baylor? Find bookie, get odds, laugh to bank!
NSU over Huskers? Not this year my friend, but good game from Cols.
Also, UNI has real good chance against I-uh state who have Texas b4
and Nebraska after. Colorado may struggle big vs MT state with new
coach and terrible finish last year. Okie State has only a few starters
returning from a horrible defense to face a MoState coach who KNOWS
Big12 ball and would love to make a statement.
Texas, TTech, Mizzou, A&M..... all guarantees guys.... name yer score.

Not only does "big"xii sneer at adding 9th conference game, they try to
insure their EIGHT bowl bids.:nono:

What can we say.....it's "contagious."

Hope my Buffs never catch that "disease."

Frosty The Snowbuff
July 31st, 2006, 10:44 PM

If Cupcake U plays like they did vs Marshall last yr....expect an upset. Their star RB (Clayton) is already suspended and they still can't decide which QB they wanna use (although they have 3 with experience).

igo4uni
July 31st, 2006, 10:50 PM
I take it that K-State won't book you guys any more??

I can't imagine why. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

igo4uni
July 31st, 2006, 10:53 PM
Great Luck with Ia St. Cyclowns!

Well, thank you RR. I plan on being in Ames for the Big Panther Win!! :hurray: :hurray:

P2TheB
July 31st, 2006, 11:45 PM
Actually, the K-State series was to be a 4 game series. They still owe us a game...it hasn't happened yet.

igo4uni
August 1st, 2006, 12:29 AM
Actually, the K-State series was to be a 4 game series. They still owe us a game...it hasn't happened yet.

puzzies.

I bet we beat them again!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: