PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Open For Week 5

AGSPoll
September 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM
The AGS Poll is now open and accepting ballots for Week 5's Top 25. Remember to vote early and check your PM's in case there are any duplicates or anything we need to contact you about. If you accidentally vote for the same team twice, leave a line blank, or don't rank all the way to 25, we can't count your vote.

kdinva
September 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
will be interesting to see how things shake out.........

bobcathpdevil56
September 30th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Do you think TwentySix will still have UNI ranked above 3-4 undefeated teams?

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Lehigh doesn't count.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Is there a way to see your previous votes without referring to the email "receipts"?

Seawolf97
September 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Maybe a liitle love for the 4-1 Seawolves ? Only loss is at Syracuse and we threw a shut out against Army giving up a FG against that high powered running offense.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Maybe a liitle love for the 4-1 Seawolves ? Only loss is at Syracuse and we threw a shut out against Army giving up a FG against that high powered running offense.

I have them at #9... last week I had them #10. I have them behind #8 UNH

ursus arctos horribilis
September 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Is there a way to see your previous votes without referring to the email "receipts"?

Yes, there will be later today. I've been working on the redo for that from last year for about a week and I'm close to having it completed.

smallcollegefbfan
September 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM

I know I will. UNI is better than Alabama A&M, Harvard, and Tennessee State. I think those 3 teams are good but I don't think they would play NDSU as well as UNI did.

The question to ask is of the undefeated teams have any of them played FCS #1 NDSU, FCS #3 YSU, and FBS Wisconsin and Iowa. They almost beat Wisconsin, Iowa, lost to YSU by 7, and NDSU by 12.

Do you think all of these undefeated teams could hang with Iowa or Wisconsin? If you think they could hang with them down to the wire then rank them ahead of UNI. If you don't think how can you rank them ahead of them when UNI clearly showed they could compete in the Big Ten. Remember, YSU beat BCS Pittsburgh and NDSU beat FBS Colorado State.

My conclusion is that UNI is indeed a top 20-25 team but they have played a brutal schedule. It's safe to say they would be undefeated if they played Grambling State, Tuskegee, PVAMU, Texas Southern, and UAPB.

smallcollegefbfan
September 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM

I have Stony Brook at #9. IMO, you guys run away with the Big South this year and are a legit top 10 team. You should go 10-1. Even at 9-2, as long as the loss isn't to PC or VMI I'll still have you in the top 15. If you are 10-1 I think you have a serious argument to be a top 5 seed. I couldn't put you at #1 or #2 simply because it looks like the MVC, CAA, and SoCon champs all will have a tougher strength of schedule at 9-2. Maysonet is a stud and I have no doubt he will play on Sundays. His play is keeping All Big Ten RB Coker on the sidelines more than expected and has been a better player than him by far to date.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I have Stony Brook at #9. IMO, you guys run away with the Big South this year and are a legit top 10 team. You should go 10-1. Even at 9-2, as long as the loss isn't to PC or VMI I'll still have you in the top 15. If you are 10-1 I think you have a serious argument to be a top 5 seed. I couldn't put you at #1 or #2 simply because it looks like the MVC, CAA, and SoCon champs all will have a tougher strength of schedule at 9-2. Maysonet is a stud and I have no doubt he will play on Sundays. His play is keeping All Big Ten RB Coker on the sidelines more than expected and has been a better player than him by far to date.

Essington is a solid QB too...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
All the Top 25 recaps for this week

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/fcs-information-center/this-week-in-fcs/top-25-scoreboard

bobcathpdevil56
September 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
That Citadel loss threw my poll for a loop. I ended up with them behind App and Geo South

MTfan4life
September 30th, 2012, 03:55 PM
That Citadel loss threw my poll for a loop. I ended up with them behind App and Geo South

Yeah they truck app. state on the road and then get rocked by chattanooga at home? It's tough to gauge them right now.

DSUrocks07
September 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM
My ballot is in :D

This one I was having a little trouble with teams with BYE weeks and teams in front of them having close victories over unranked opponents.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM

What are you on? UNI wasn't even in my top 25 in week 4. And they won't be joining it this week with another loss in tow.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?117649-AGS-Top-25-Week-4-Poll-Results&p=1851234&viewfull=1#post1851234

OhioHen
October 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM

Keep track yourself?

AGSPoll
October 1st, 2012, 08:31 AM
About 2 1/2 hours left. If you've been putting it off, make sure you get them in ASAP because we need to be able to get back to you if something is wrong and we catch a few double posts or people who forgot to vote for anyone (example no team at #7) and things like that each week.

http://curllikeagirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/that-guy.jpg

PantherRob82
October 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
UNI is probably a top 15 team, but until they start winning, I dropped em out. Too bad that 2 Big 10 games and 2 top 3 teams started the schedule for us.

The Citadel loss was tough to gauge.

Currently having a hard time with the Citadel, UNH, Sam Houston, McNeese, SFA, Samford, and a few others. Poll is in for this week.

Dane96
October 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
UNI is probably a top 15 team, but until they start winning, I dropped em out. Too bad that 2 Big 10 games and 2 top 3 teams started the schedule for us.

The Citadel loss was tough to gauge.

Currently having a hard time with the Citadel, UNH, Sam Houston, McNeese, SFA, Samford, and a few others. Poll is in for this week.

THIS!!!!!

All of it.

As for me UNI, SFA, McNeese, SHU and Samford did not make the cut. There are enough resumes of other teams that are deserving, at this point, to be ahead of the game.

Frankly, UNI is probably a Top 15 team...but that's what scheduling like a crack-whore does. And I know they HAD to schedule that way....is what it is.

PantherRob82
October 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
THIS!!!!!

All of it.

As for me UNI, SFA, McNeese, SHU and Samford did not make the cut. There are enough resumes of other teams that are deserving, at this point, to be ahead of the game.

Frankly, UNI is probably a Top 15 team...but that's what scheduling like a crack-whore does. And I know they HAD to schedule that way....is what it is.

i think Sam Houston is the only one of those 5 that ended up in my poll this week.

TheRevSFA
October 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM
I put SFA in the bottom of my poll. They're 2-3 with 2 FBS losses, and a key win over UCA. Granted their other win was D2.

I think if they beat Sam on Saturday they need to be in everyone's poll. With the exception of the SMU loss, they lost their other two games by a total of 12 points

AGSPoll
October 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM
12:00 folks, so we are now closed. Thanks to everyone for participating and striving to make the AnyGivenSaturday Top 25 the best FCS Poll out there.

bjtheflamesfan
October 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I was swamped with sports articles this weekend (I was lucky to get my FCS Wedge submission this week). will be back on next week

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
i think Sam Houston is the only one of those 5 that ended up in my poll this week.
Samford is 4-1 with their only loss from number 10 GSU. I have them in at #24 on my poll. McNeese is also 4-1 with one loss coming from SE Louisana. I have them at 20 in my poll. After next weeks bye week for McNeese the next two weeks will tell us if they are a pretender or for real. They play Central Arkansas and SHSU both tough games. But both are still 4-1 teams.

Dane96
October 1st, 2012, 11:54 AM
Samford is 4-1 with their only loss from number 10 GSU. I have them in at #24 on my poll. McNeese is also 4-1 with one loss coming from SE Louisana. I have them at 20 in my poll. After next weeks bye week for McNeese the next two weeks will tell us if they are a pretender or for real. They play Central Arkansas and SHSU both tough games. But both are still 4-1 teams.

I think those are excellent slots based on who the wins are against...and the losses. I punished McNeese if I am being honest b/c they did lose to a not-so-great SELA.

GeauxLions94
October 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Here's mine for this week ...

1: North Dakota State Bison (1)
2: Montana State Bobcats (2)
3: Old Dominion Monarchs (3)
4: Youngstown State Penguins (4)
5: Wofford Terriers (5)
6: James Madison Dukes (6)
7: Eastern Washington Eagles (7)
8: Georgia Southern Eagles (9)
9: Illinois State Redbirds (18)