PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook at Army Game Thread

bonarae
September 26th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hope that I don't jinx the Seawolves this time xprayx, as I had already done involving other teams before.... xsmhx

Let's look at the Black Knights...

0-3 W-L record

Losses' combined margin - 48 points (routed by San Diego St, nipped by Northern Illinois, got beat by Wake Forest)
Strength - running game (429 yards rushing at Wake Forest in a losing cause, currently #1 in FBS at 399 yards/game this season)
Weaknesses - defense (44 points allowed/game, 491.7 yards allowed/game both this season), passing offense (ONLY 45 yards/game this season)

Predictions - with the Black Knights' weak overall defense, Maysonet and Essington can have a big day. However, the Seawolves' rushing defense will be tested here. Close game here, but Stony Brook can have the upset.

danefan
September 26th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I would favor Stony Brook in this one. Good luck boys getting that first FBS win.

Dane96
September 26th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Yep...Stony Brook by 4.

Sam_Kats
September 26th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Go Seawolves!

MorgantonAPPAlum
September 26th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Hard for me to go against the Black Knights (beat Navy forchristsake!), but the Seawolves probably pull this one out by a touchdown.

Sader87
September 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'd love to see Seawolves win but I don't see it.

Army is reeling and needs this win very, very badly. It might be close but I see Army prevailing.

citdog
September 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hudson High by a late td.

F'N Hawks
September 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Army is favored by 10.5. Started at 12.5, went to 14.5 and now has been bet back down to 10.5

ysubigred
September 26th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Army is favored by 10.5. Started at 12.5, went to 14.5 and now has been bet back down to 10.5

Plus 1 ^^ 10.5 is about right. Army will score at will against SB. SB will have to score every time they touch the ball to keep pace.

frozennorth
September 26th, 2012, 01:03 PM
unless i am missing someone, this is probably the last best shot for an fbs win

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
SBU definitely has a shot but it won't easy. Army is usually a tough out at Michie even when they're struggling to win games.

Are any SBU fans going? I absolutely love going to West Point! If the Temple-Army game wasn't the same day as LU-LC this year I'd be there. I went two years ago and had a blast!

crusader11
September 26th, 2012, 01:40 PM
There are few stadiums and game day experiences in the country that provide the college football experience Michie does. Truly spectacular....could also be because I was there when Holy Cross beat Army in 2002. Can't wait to get back there for a game in the near future.

SBUFAN33
September 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I think this will be a good match up, I've heard that ARMY is a little banged up at a couple key positions on offense mainly their QB. plus there's a chance for rain, which means a long day for option football +for SB. I think we take this one 42-28... also i've heard the ticket numbers for SB is at about 1500+.

Seawolf97
September 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Looking forward to Saturday. Five of us driving up for the parade, tailgate and of course the game. I hope we can pull this off. Next year it is Buffalo and Boston College a liitle tougher than Army.

bojeta
September 26th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I would like to see Stony Brook win another for FCS, but I don't see it happening.

Go...gate
September 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Army may go 0-11 if they lose this one, so they will be a tough matchup for SBU.

totoinfl
September 26th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Steelman is banged up...they worked out a Plebe QB this week as another back up. Steelman is a senior and will play if he can. If he does the TO might just run up 500 yards on the ground against a weaker run defense. Maples is a very good back. The question is if Army can stop anybody...Rain is a problem for everybody and I don't see it as being worse for one team vs. the other. Army has had turnover problems this year, but have their backs against the wall to get a win. Take the SDSU game out and they have been in the last two.

Go...gate
September 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM
There are few stadiums and game day experiences in the country that provide the college football experience Michie does. Truly spectacular....could also be because I was there when Holy Cross beat Army in 2002. Can't wait to get back there for a game in the near future.

Agreed - a very special place to watch a football game.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
September 26th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Going with a group of 10. It's Boy Scout day and my 8 year old and his friends are excited. My son's a bit confused about the concept of playing Army, however. He's been asking me questions like, "are they soldiers?" and "will their fans have guns?" to which I simply answer maybe.

Sader87
September 27th, 2012, 07:39 AM
One of the best/most intense games I've ever seen in person (actually I broadcast the game for HC's radio station that day): 1986, Holy Cross 17 Army 14. Army was coming off a win at Tennessee (Knoxville not Chatty) the week before, Gordie Lockbaum played in something like 90 out of 100 plays (this was the game that put him on the Heisman radar), my room-mate at the time won the game with a 40+ FG....just a great football game.

Hard to beat the experience of a West Point Saturday....as others here have said, I highly encourage anyone who hasn't done so yet to take it in sometime.

I'd like SBU a lot more if Army wasn't 0-3 and desperate going into this contest. Good luck Seawolves!!!

CID1990
September 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
It is a wonderful thing to beat Army in West Point. I've been there for it twice.

totoinfl
September 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
http://army.scout.com/2/1225399.html

jaghatai
September 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I'm going with a group of 16. Definitely excited. SBU has a legit shot, which is all I ever really hope for against an FBS. I'm still expecting Army to pull it off, but I wouldn't be shocked if SBU was able grab a win.

Seawolf97
September 27th, 2012, 06:38 PM
As long as we keep our mistakes to a minimum which we didnt do against Syracuse we have a shot. A new QB in the option could be problems for Army for sure. We shall see.

bonarae
September 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Success! 23-3 upset!

UNHFan
September 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Welcome the New POWER HOUSE OF THE CAA!! You guys are amazing! What a Program! Should Have beaten Syracuse! UTEP!!! Just Amazing you guys are the Savior of the CAA North! And Albany! Wow to have this level up north is refreshing!

OK I am done... NOW DIE!! I HATE YOU!! lol

Go CATS!!! We some how woke up mid 3rd quarter and showed how amazing UNH is!!

Go...gate
September 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Success! 23-3 upset!

Stony Brook hammered the Cadets the old-fashioned way - on the ground. Congratulations!

ysubigred
October 1st, 2012, 09:16 AM
WOW!! Way to go SB!! I'm eating crow right now! congrats again! xbowx

crusader11
October 1st, 2012, 09:39 AM
This wasn't an upset at all. I watched the entire game, and Stony Brook was simply better. More talent, seemed to be better coached, made very few mental errors, and had a great game plan.

That is a scary offensive line they have, and with Maysonet running behind them, they'll do damage in the FCS playoffs.

Some athletic program that Stony Brook is becoming...