PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Open For Week 4

AGSPoll
September 22nd, 2012, 11:37 PM
The AGS Poll is now open and accepting ballots for Week 4's Top 25. Remember to vote early and check your PM's in case there are any duplicates or anything we need to contact you about. If you accidentally vote for the same team twice, leave a line blank, or don't rank all the way to 25, we can't count your vote.

frozennorth
September 23rd, 2012, 05:00 AM
bump

*after my top 3, this is a tough ballot. a big lump of roughly 4-10, and another big lump right after that, which i have a tough time differentiating quality wise.

superman7515
September 23rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Just noticed that for the Fighting Sioux it just says "North Dakota" and not "North Dakota Fighting Sioux" like it does for the other teams. Just a head's up to be careful so you don't vote for the wrong team in the wrong slot.

DSUrocks07
September 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Voted! This week was pretty tough.

Engineer86
September 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Voted! This week was pretty tough.

With two strong teams having no Div I wins, where to place them is the big decision. Add in some big wins, NAU & Albany, and ugly wins, ODU, Lehigh again, GSU and the loses. It is tough.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Just noticed that for the Fighting Sioux it just says "North Dakota" and not "North Dakota Fighting Sioux" like it does for the other teams. Just a head's up to be careful so you don't vote for the wrong team in the wrong slot.

Yeah, sorry I meant to pass the word along to everyone but since they are not the Fighting Sioux any longer and are now just North Dakota I changed that late the other night and forgot to put out an alert the next day.

My aplogies.

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
North Dakota "Insert name here"
North Dakota State Bison

See, simple enough. :D

MR. CHICKEN
September 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
North Dakota "FLYING SQUIRRELS"
North Dakota State Bison

See, simple enough. :D

16866.........BRAWK!

MSUBobcat
September 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Done....Finally. Battled myself several times. Agree that this was a tough week.

jmufan999
September 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
This one was extraordinarily tough. Maybe the toughest in 2 years of voting for me. A lot of teams made huge jumps in my ballot, but I feel really good about it.

bjtheflamesfan
September 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
My ballot was pretty tough to put together as well.

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
I thought this one was easier, more slot changes and less chaos.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
I thought this one was easier, more slot changes and less chaos.

I agree. A couple of choices I made last week that some felt were controversial ended up being vindicated in the game results this week. Some new teams are making appearances in the bottom half of the poll. The biggest challenge for me this year has been trying to balance the struggles of traditional powerhouse teams against the success of teams that haven't traditionally made much noise. The season is young, but I'm still going more off of records this year than past history, which is creating some interesting results.

BEAR
September 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to see how voters worked the Southland Conference. Not that it means much to anyone in the other conferences, but McNeese lost, Sam Houston lost but UCA beat them. xeyebrowx

How far will the Kats fall? They're still talented, very talented, but I question those coaching decisions. Sometimes the most talented team on the field loses. He11, I'm stil confused why Sam quit running the ball. xeyebrowx

What about the decimated Cowboys? Injuries abound and they have little time to recover. Struggling with SELA...xeyebrowx

Will UCA move up...much? Smothers and the offense are above average but the defense is too porous. But they play as a team. This bear fan enjoys that O-line giving Smothers plenty of time though.

SFA?

Happy voting!

ngineer
September 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
I can't wait to see how voters worked the Southland Conference. Not that it means much to anyone in the other conferences, but McNeese lost, Sam Houston lost but UCA beat them. xeyebrowx

How far will the Kats fall? They're still talented, very talented, but I question those coaching decisions. Sometimes the most talented team on the field loses. He11, I'm stil confused why Sam quit running the ball. xeyebrowx

What about the decimated Cowboys? Injuries abound and they have little time to recover. Struggling with SELA...xeyebrowx

Will UCA move up...much? Smothers and the offense are above average but the defense is too porous. But they play as a team. This bear fan enjoys that O-line giving Smothers plenty of time though.

SFA?

Happy voting!

Actually, that happens more than you think. That's why it's an ultimate team game. You need the players to a degree, but you also need the mental execution as well as the coaches making the right decisions. In some ways, why I think Lehigh has been winning. Not always the most talented, but playing as a unit, staying with the schemes and dialing up the right strategies goes a long way.

AGSPoll
September 24th, 2012, 10:30 AM
30 minutes left. If you waited until now to vote, be sure to check your PM's/emails because if it isn't fixed by noon, it can't be counted.

TheRevSFA
September 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM

SFA?

Happy voting!

SFA, while hanging tough the past two weeks, didn't get acknowledged in my ballot. However, UCA got a bump and Sam fell out of the top 10.

bjtheflamesfan
September 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
PM AND email sent AGSpoll. wanted to make a last minute change to my ballot

AGSPoll
September 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM
PM AND email sent AGSpoll. wanted to make a last minute change to my ballot

Got 'em. Working on it.

BEAR
September 24th, 2012, 10:53 AM
No hanging chads....xlolx

AGSPoll
September 24th, 2012, 11:00 AM
12:00, we're now closed. Thanks for voting.

DJKyR0
September 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Crap! Five minutes late. D'oh.