PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Albany-- It is now Monmouth/Albany week!

MUHAWKS
September 22nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
With all due respect to Duquesne, it looks as if the NEC Champ will be the winner of this weeks game between MU and Albany-- Congrats to Albany and their fans for beating a high profile CAA team, to not only make the NEC look good but make this game even bigger! I think it means the winner next week is a true top 25 team.. Albany beats Maine handily, is right there with Youngstown St. smokes Colgate-- MU right there with lehigh smoked URI, looks dominating against NEC foes--- Winner of this game is 4-1 and a true top 25 team..I cannot wait til Saturday-- MU will bring a big crowd and hopefully the weather will be more Fall like for what is a HUGE NEC game with national implications.. Any injuries or anything major to report from Albany? For us, we had a starting OLB go down today and # 17 Sterling, our best WR, still not 100% it seems..Other than that, we are looking healthy..Right now Albany has the clear edge as the better team but we welcome the challenge..

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
No major injuries. QB has turf toe from two weeks ago and played pretty bad today against Maine. He should be fine next week though.

Looking forward to this game. It won't be easy for Albany that's for sure.

hidalgo
September 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Relax MU Hawk---Albany will hand you your lunch. You were tied at halftime against winless Sacred Heart. The Nec championship will be held this year in Pittsburgh on The Bluff between The Danes and Dukes!!!!.

clickclack
September 22nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
It's a crying shame UA isn't gonna head into this game ranked...

BlueHenSinfonian
September 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'm feeling better and better about Albany and SBU joining the CAA. While there will be a slight loss in ODU, the aggregate talent of the two teams far exceeds the combined loss of ODU + GA State.

MUHAWKS
September 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Relax MU Hawk---Albany will hand you your lunch. You were tied at halftime against winless Sacred Heart. The Nec championship will be held this year in Pittsburgh on The Bluff between The Danes and Dukes!!!!.

noted

danefan
September 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
I'm feeling better and better about Albany and SBU joining the CAA. While there will be a slight loss in ODU, the aggregate talent of the two teams far exceeds the combined loss of ODU + GA State.

I think it might take two years or so for Albany to make any real noise, but i think we will be competitive right away. Just not sure we have the depth yet to go toe to toe every single week. We'll add 23 scholarships over the next two years and will fill in those gaps. But who knows, these kids are playing above my expectations this year already.

danefan
September 23rd, 2012, 07:55 AM

I don't even Think it will get the far. If Alban wins this week, they should be a 2 score favorite every game the rest of the year. Duquesne, Wagner and Monmouth will beat themselves up.

hidalgo
September 23rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Duquesne has Monouth and Albany at the Bluff.........not so fast my friend!!!!!!!

hidalgo
September 23rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Albany's. Last trip to the Bluff wasn't very good.

RichH2
September 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
A friendly root for MU to beat Albany. Good luck MUHAWK.

dgreco
September 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM

I think it is a one team race. MU has had a good season, so far, but they are not in the same discussion with Albany. Further, the Dukes looked bad against Bryant. Bryant is not good this year and if not for 4 turnovers in Dukes territory Bryant would of won. Bryant gave two turnovers within the 5.

aceinthehole
September 23rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Albany is the favorite, for sure, but I wouldn't look past Monmouth.

Even with a win over MU, Albany could get tripped up in a league game by ANYONE.

Today, I would project Albany as the NEC AQ rep in the playoffs, but as we all know this is football and anything can happen. Let's enjoy this - it is good for the NEC!

ngineer
September 23rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Should be a good one. MU has some nice talent. Don't know if they are as balanced as Albany, so while I would give the Danes the edge, MU winning is not beyond the realm of possibility.

401ks
September 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM

Our Dukes have played to their potential for about 5 quarters this season. Unfortunately, they have played 16 quarters.

Duquesne needs to put together 4 full quarters of good football in all of their remaining games (especially vs. Albany & Monmouth) if they're going to have any chance of winning the NEC Championship. They haven't done it yet.

I hope that this season doesn't turn out to be "the season that could have been". :(

GO DUKES!

Tribal
September 24th, 2012, 08:59 AM

I'm feel the same way but would have liked to have them both as full conference members.

danefan
September 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM

Albany Games Notes and Pre-game Coach Ford interview

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205700292&DB_OEM_ID=15800

http://ualbanysports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1059753

TheRevSFA
September 27th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Our Dukes have played to their potential for about 5 quarters this season. Unfortunately, they have played 16 quarters.

Duquesne needs to put together 4 full quarters of good football in all of their remaining games (especially vs. Albany & Monmouth) if they're going to have any chance of winning the NEC Championship. They haven't done it yet.

I hope that this season doesn't turn out to be "the season that could have been". :(

GO DUKES!

At least Duquesne is fun to say