PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Good game GSU!

ElonPride
September 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Turnovers hit you in the first, but hit Elon when it REALLY counted late in the 4th. Great game and best of luck the rest of the way out.

You get the TO prob fixed, and you'll be lethal.

Your D came up huge when it counted!

Eaglesrus
September 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks EP. Y'all had us on the ropes just like The Citadel did, we just made the play at the end, unlike our trip to Charleston. We definitely have several areas that need improvement; I'd say starting with decision-making in the ball-handling department.

Gringer1
September 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Watching it live and after seeing the replay, I'm still not sure that the Elon receiver wasn't down on that interception/strip. His knee was very close to touching and his forward progress could have been ruled dead. At the same time, the refs missed a GSU fumble recovery that they ruled in Elon's favor. The refs were bad, per SoCon norm, but I don't think they affected the outcome. Their suckiness seemed to be pretty evenly distributed against both teams.

seantaylor
September 23rd, 2012, 02:54 AM
Shouldn't have been that close. I have no idea why we are so bad this season. Defense is as good as I've ever seen from a GSU team that I was present. The shotgun garbage needs to go. I honestly have no idea why we are going to this nonsense.

GSUwinsagain
September 23rd, 2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks, The Phoenix played tough today. Good luck.

blueballs
September 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Nice game Elon, y'all played your collectve azzes off.

Elon is 1000X better than last year because they are playing hard, physical, for each other, and they don't quit when things go bad.

They'll win some games in the conference this year for sure.

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Shouldn't have been that close. I have no idea why we are so bad this season. Defense is as good as I've ever seen from a GSU team that I was present. The shotgun garbage needs to go. I honestly have no idea why we are going to this nonsense.

Football expert Sean Taylor shows his deft knowledge again. You might want to talk to Jeff Monken sometime about why GSU runs the shotgun and pistol packages.

ASUMountaineer
September 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM

I know, especially with you guys getting rid of that scrub Jaybo Shaw...amirite?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 23rd, 2012, 07:57 AM

Did you watch Tech yesterday? PJ is using the pistol now and their offense is looking as good as it's been since 2009. Miami is one of those teams that supposedly has too good of athletes on defense for the option to work and Tech scored 36.

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Did you watch Tech yesterday? PJ is using the pistol now and their offense is looking as good as it's been since 2009. Miami is one of those teams that supposedly has too good of athletes on defense for the option to work and Tech scored 36.

I was thinking the same thing as you about Georgia Tech. I bet ST doesn't know the difference between a shotgun, a pistol, or an AK47.

Eaglegus2
September 23rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
I was thinking the same thing as you about Georgia Tech. I bet ST doesn't know the difference between a shotgun, a pistol, or an AK47.

The AK47 has a different sound when it is being shot. Those that have heard it will explain. But your remark is really funny.

CropDuster
September 23rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
GT rarely runs the pistol/gun except in 3rd and long situations, it's not a major part of their run game like ours. Every time I've seen it this year it's with 4 receivers and the B back behind the QB.

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
The biggest reason, IMO, we run so many plays out of the pistol set is to give our young, inexperienced quarterback(s) more time to make their reads. While it slows down the TO as a whole, it's designed to help get them more comfortable. Hopefully this will pay off toward the end of the season and they will be able to make better, faster reads from under center.

ElonPride
September 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Nice game Elon, y'all played your collectve azzes off.

Elon is 1000X better than last year because they are playing hard, physical, for each other, and they don't quit when things go bad.

They'll win some games in the conference this year for sure.

I hope that's the case. They still have some work to do in the turnover department, seeing that it probably cost Elon the game. Nonetheless, it was a good game to watch overall.

All i wanted to see this year was improvement, and it does look like Swepson is going in the right direction. They have a brutal 3 week span that started at Paulson, so let's see how the team responds this week vs Wofford.

Personally, I was just happy to see Swepson was ok. He was abscent during last week's game with chest pains, and doctors found a blockage. He had a procedure to have a stint.

GSU had two weeks to prepare for this game. Elon basically had 3 days with the head coach present.

seantaylor
September 24th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Football expert Sean Taylor shows his deft knowledge again. You might want to talk to Jeff Monken sometime about why GSU runs the shotgun and pistol packages.

Ah, yes. Mullet boy that lives in mom's basement is back.

Skjellyfetti
September 24th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Miami is one of those teams that supposedly has too good of athletes on defense for the option to work and Tech scored 36.

They are? xrotatehx

Miami has one of the worst defenses in FBS.

32.5 points per game. (95th)
452.25 yards per game (98th)
226 rushing yards per game (108th)

seantaylor
September 24th, 2012, 03:28 AM
They are? xrotatehx

Miami has one of the worst defenses in FBS.

32.5 points per game. (95th)
452.25 yards per game (98th)
226 rushing yards per game (108th)

It is something ESPN will drill into your skull. "Speed" shuts the option down. Even though speed has absolutely nothing to do with shutting the option down.