PDA

View Full Version : OVC Coaches Interviews

Cocky
July 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Jack Crowe says at the end of the interview that GSU will be on JSU's schedule next year (maybe). Could this game be in the Georgia Dome?

http://www.ovcsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6200&ATCLID=512373&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=6200&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

EKU05
July 26th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I don't know why you would do that. It would be much better financially to do a home and home where each team gets to benefit from hosting a quality non-conference opponent...plus I'm sure the rental costs at the dome are two arms and a leg. Plus, even IF both teams brought the entirety of an average home crowd you're only talking about 28K in a cavernous dome.

I've heard it tossed around that EKU and WKU play at a neutral site (for example Louisville which is pretty close to halfway in between and has a 42,000 seat stadium...soon to be expanded)...part of me really likes that idea...

But it would involve Eastern and Western giving up the most exciting atmosphere they will ever put in their own stadium...but I do hope the GSU vs. JSU thing happens (Go get one for us cocks!)

Killtoppers90
July 26th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I've heard it tossed around that EKU and WKU play at a neutral site (for example Louisville which is pretty close to halfway in between and has a 42,000 seat stadium...soon to be expanded)...part of me really likes that idea...

But it would involve Eastern and Western giving up the most exciting atmosphere they will ever put in their own stadium...but I do hope the GSU vs. JSU thing happens (Go get one for us cocks!)
I, for one, do not wanna give up the home and home we have with EKU. I feel that if more people want to see the best football in the entire state, they can show up in Richmond or Bowling Green to do so.

Cocky
July 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I don't know why you would do that. It would be much better financially to do a home and home where each team gets to benefit from hosting a quality non-conference opponent...plus I'm sure the rental costs at the dome are two arms and a leg. Plus, even IF both teams brought the entirety of an average home crowd you're only talking about 28K in a cavernous dome.

From what I'm hearing both of us would get close to a I-A payoff.

EKU05
July 27th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Well, that would make sense then. I guess if you got enough sponsors or something. I just don't see how that could be done on game revenue alone.

bigbluetiger
July 27th, 2006, 10:25 AM
From what I'm hearing both of us would get close to a I-A payoff.

What a novel concept! Two I-AA programs meet on a nuetrual site for a I-A-ish payout. I don't think that has ever been done before. Sounds like a "classic" moment.

EKU05
July 27th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, but I don't see this game drawing 50,000 plus. 30,000 tops.