PDA

View Full Version : Nice little article about incoming transfer RT from Utah to JMU

JMU2K_DukeDawg
July 26th, 2006, 09:55 AM
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=5480&CHID=3

The above link is about a soon-to-be new father who just transfered this year to JMU to help boost the right side of our O-line. He sounds like a solid addition and I love the "family" spirit of JMU's team which is a microcosm for the entire JMU community.

Ute Reborn At JMU Posted 2006-07-26
Terrence Apted is about to become a father – and that’s why he’ll soon be in Harrisonburg.

By Mike Barber

Urban Meyer lured offensive lineman Terrence Apted to the University of Utah. Apted’s soon-to-be-born baby brought him to James Madison.

While his Division I-A football career unraveled precipitously, he isn’t the least bit bitter or regretful. Instead, the 20-year-old is excited for what will be the biggest – and busiest – week of his life.

Apted said he doesn’t mind giving up I-A football. The sport, he said, was and still is just a means to an end.

"Football got me an education," said Apted, who has three years of eligibility remaining. "It really wasn’t a big deal to me."

At the end of the day, I-AA is truly about scholar athletes and championship football. :nod: