PDA

View Full Version : #3 Sam Houston St @ #21 Central Arkansas

katstrapper
September 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
This game should be a good one tomorrow in Conway. Game being televised on Southland TV Network and ESPN 3.

LakesBison
September 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
this proves how bad the fcs is and that the top 10 fcs programs should go FBS immediately.

no way in hell does central arkansas keep this to within 20.

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM
this proves how bad the fcs is and that the top 10 fcs programs should go FBS immediately.

You think #3 Oregon vs #22 Arizona will be any closer?

Sammy94
September 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM
Should be a good one. The Bears have yet to lose on the stripes. Hopefully the Kats will change that.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0905/pg2_arkansas1x_600.jpg

Here is a decent preview.....

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle_mcdonnell/index.htm

NoDak 4 Ever
September 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Should be a good one. The Bears have yet to lose on the stripes. Hopefully the Kats will change that.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0905/pg2_arkansas1x_600.jpg

Here is a decent preview.....

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle_mcdonnell/index.htm

Oh my god. That creamsicle orange on that fugly turf? That should be considered visual assault.

Grizcountry420
September 21st, 2012, 12:55 PM
You think #3 Oregon vs #22 Arizona will be any closer?

At least this game will be a track meet..... Oregon is averaging 54 points per game while Arizona is averaging 46.3. It should be an interesting game to watch in my opinion...xcoffeex

citdog
September 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM

found this pic of you lakes.

http://www.funnystuffblog.com/images/douchebag.jpg

LakesBison
September 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM
no, the #22 v #3 in fbs is awesome, because its F B S .

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2012, 04:18 PM
no, the #22 v #3 in fbs is awesome, because its F B S .

Lakes, you got nothing to add to this other than your jock sniffing of FBS then STFU. Getting tired of you sabotaging every thread on an FCS board you can about your obsession and love for semi-pro football.

Start a thread of your own to have that argument, I'll surely join you, but enough of your ruining people's threads trying to MPLSBison all of them with your pet projects.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Won't be able to watch it but will definitely be checking the score on this one. Hope this is a really good one as it should be.

McNeese72
September 21st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Oh my god. That creamsicle orange on that fugly turf? That should be considered visual assault.

still like Cbuck's comment when he saw the field when McNeese played up there last season. He said he kept having the urge to light candles and sing Happy Birthday. :)

No offense to the UCA fans.

Doc

NoDak 4 Ever
September 21st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Won't be able to watch it but will definitely be checking the score on this one. Hope this is a really good one as it should be.

See my earlier comment, I think everyone should do that.

SeattleGriz
September 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM
This game should be a good one tomorrow in Conway. Game being televised on Southland TV Network and ESPN 3.

I'll be checking in on ESPN3 while I watch Montana on Root Sports.

BEAR
September 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
Updated photo from the one above. I'm sure there are better ones but this is what I found on a simple web search. Remember FCS nation, UCA was only D2 3 years ago and NOT eligible to make the playoffs. We have a long way to go in building facilities but we've come a long way.

Could this be in the works for the home side??? xlolx

frozennorth
September 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Updated photo from the one above. I'm sure there are better ones but this is what I found on a simple web search. Remember FCS nation, UCA was only D2 3 years ago and NOT eligible to make the playoffs. We have a long way to go in building facilities but we've come a long way.

UCA seems to get forgotten when people talk about the most recent round of move-ups, strange considering they had one of the more successful transitions.

blackfordpu
September 21st, 2012, 09:13 PM

I hope you're right but think it will be a good close game.

putter
September 21st, 2012, 11:35 PM
UCA has had a year to break down the film from last year. They will give SHS a game but may not have the horses to win it.

TheRevSFA
September 22nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
God that field is ugly

Nickels
September 22nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
End of 1st Kats up 10-0

katstrapper
September 22nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
This game is tough to watch with this field. The stripes are a bit much.

Kats miss a field goal after an interception by Def Tackle JT Cleveland. Still 10-0.

SLC TV Network has some work to do. Their camera work hasnt been too good thus far.

Nickels
September 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
edit-oops

Nickels
September 22nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Bears score, Kats still up 10-7

NoDak 4 Ever
September 22nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Ok. I watched for a few minutes. Holy **** I'm jealous of the blind right now. I think I'd rather watch Human Centipede again.

JMUNJ08
September 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
God that field is ugly

Looks even worse back east over here....

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Sure doesn't look like the kitty cats are "coasting".

Nickels
September 22nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
I said coasting against sela and lamar. apparently you have comprehension problems, I said this was the one game that worried me the most. the kats are the better team, just not doing much on offense.

JMUNJ08
September 22nd, 2012, 04:20 PM

I'm surprised people thought they would. UCA is a tough team and its at their place. This should be a game that goes down to the last 1/2 of the 4th Quarter...

BEAR
September 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
What a freakin' injustice. SLC network you SUCK! Why is there 2 different camera angles with 2 different colors?! Embarrasing. Closer game than I thought though...we're killing ourselves....both teams. I've never seen Smothers overthrow that many passes...ever. The Oline is blocking pretty well for him though. Onto the second half..

SeattleGriz
September 22nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Surprised nobody is updating this thread. UCA just drove down the field with no timeouts and scored with about a minute left in the game.

UCA 24
SHSU 20

Game over.

Looks as if SHSU now has to run the board on it's remaining FCS opponents to get to 7 wins.

UNIFanSince1983
September 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Sam goes down 24-20.

Nickels
September 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Bears Win. Congrats UCA great game. Now Sammy has to win out to to even think playoffs

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Our group is keeping up with the game from Strawberry Stadium at Southeastern. Good job Bears.

BEAR
September 22nd, 2012, 06:12 PM

I sure hope we can keep it within 20....EAT IT UP!

Great game Kats...I"M beyond shocked....give me a few moments to celebrate...xlolx

Sammy94
September 22nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Ouch. Good game Bears.

Nickels
September 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
I sure hope we can keep it within 20....EAT IT UP!

Great game Kats...I"M beyond shocked....give me a few moments to celebrate...xlolx
Great job Bears, remember that wasnt a Bearkat fan that said that. I knew this game was going to be tough. I really thought we would pull away when it was 20-10. The SLC is yours to lose now UCA. Good Luck with the rest of your season Bears.

MTfan4life
September 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Great job Bears, remember that wasnt a Bearkat fan that said that. I knew this game was going to be tough. I really thought we would pull away when it was 20-10. The SLC is yours to lose now UCA. Good Luck with the rest of your season Bears.

UCA still has to go to both SFA and McNeese. The Southland is not there's to lose by any means quite yet.

BEAR
September 22nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
I know that wasn't a Bearkat fan that said that. Typical post by our resident .....nevermind.

Kat fans, I am beyond surprised we won. You guys were favorites for a reason and your game against Baylor pretty much reaffirmed my suspicions. Why did your coach abandon the option game?

UCA still has McNeese AND SFA and we are not THE best team in the conference overall, just today. I gotta get back to field. Thanks for the great game and good luck the rest of the way Kats!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 22nd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Katfans meltdown of epic proportions

Drblankstare
September 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Wow great win Bears.

McNeese75
September 22nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Very nice win Osos

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

JoshUCA
September 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Some people may hate the stripes, but you can't argue with the result! Undefeated on the stripes...now if we could just get more fans to care.
GO BEARS!

crossfire07
September 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Some people may hate the stripes, but you can't argue with the result! Undefeated on the stripes...now if we could just get more fans to care.
GO BEARS!

Your right! Can't argue with the results. As long as UCA fans like it, that's all that matters :)

HandoEX
September 23rd, 2012, 05:54 AM

Quoted again for good measure. Nice win Bears!

Seeing teams like SHSU and UNI take multiple money games makes me really thankful for FCS cupcakes. Tough road back to Frisco, Kats. Good luck!

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Well done UCA.

However, I do think the karmic gods were on your side as well after that awful "Call me maybe" debacle at SHSU.

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Congrats to UCA.

Where is TexasTerror? I don't post on AGS nearly as much as I used to, but I thought he would have posted on this thread at least once. Have I missed something here?

MTfan4life
September 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Congrats to UCA.

Where is TexasTerror? I don't post on AGS nearly as much as I used to, but I thought he would have posted on this thread at least once. Have I missed something here?

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think I've seen one post from him yet this entire season.

McNeese75
September 23rd, 2012, 09:11 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I don't think I've seen one post from him yet this entire season.

I think he is lying low in New Orleans , lol

TheRevSFA
September 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Congrats to UCA.

Lets just say that with his job it's best he keeps off of the boards for a bit

Nothing bad. He's just kind of a big deal

Drblankstare
September 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Lets just say that with his job it's best he keeps off of the boards for a bit

Nothing bad. He's just kind of a big deal

I knew it, TexasTerror is Chuck Norris xlolx

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I knew it, TexasTerror is Chuck Norris xlolx

whoever he is, I haven't forgotten how long it took him to warm up to Delaware in 2010..... stubborn or Biased one....

As for Sammy.... I am sure Delaware wont need those TV sets they watched the playoffs on last year, call em up for a discount because you all gonna be watching football in December

Bisonoline
September 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM

xoopsx

LakesBison
September 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
well, its true. Sam Houston choked so bad, the hemlich couldnt even be used.

Sam_Kats
September 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
xblehx Agreed.

DJKyR0
September 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Jesus F'ing Christ, lakes.

Cat79
September 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM
xblehx Agreed.

DeBesse was a better O Coordinator than most Katfans would admit. He has turned New Mexico's offense around.

I had the opportunity to see SFA against my Cats. SFA has some offensive weapons. If SFA can find a little better defense they will have something special.

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM
DeBesse was a better O Coordinator than most Katfans would admit. He has turned New Mexico's offense around.

I had the opportunity to see SFA against my Cats. SFA has some offensive weapons. If SFA can find a little better defense they will have something special.

I still say the refs missed an obvious holding in the end zone that would have negated your 98 yard TD..but..eh...it is what it is. I had a good time in San Marcos and the tailgating was fun...especially with the Bobcat Report guys

BEAR
September 25th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Great video of the last 5 minutes sped up.

http://bcove.me/ikyaxozv

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
that field is just...an eyesore

BEAR
September 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, but the eyesore has ZERO football stats to its name..no carries, no passes, no sacks...just be worried about what's on the field my friend. xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but the eyesore has ZERO football stats to its name..no carries, no passes, no sacks...just be worried about what's on the field my friend. xlolx

I'm just glad I don't have to watch SFA play on that field until next year. We get to meet in the pines of Nacogdoches instead.

Sam_Kats
September 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
As I was worrying about having a seizure watching that game, I found that the more I drank, the less it bothered me. Then, as time expired, turns out I needed the beer for a different reason.

BisonBacker
September 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
that field is just...an eyesore

No worse or better than EWU's. The NCAA should allow only Green for the fields. It was hard to watch that.

BEAR
September 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
It was hard to watch that.

The Sam fans said that too. xeekx

BEAR
September 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
That carpet will wear down quickly in these hot as he11 summers in Arkansas. I think it was over 100 degrees numerous times this summer. I went on that field the other day when it was only 86 degrees and the heat coming off that bad boy made it feel like an oven. I wonder if that type of carpet is know for doing that..holding heat that is. Anyway, as coach Conque said, "we've buried that game in this building, we're moving on."

BEAR
September 25th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I also gotta wonder how many Bears actually know Bearkat players because they were talking forever before, durinig and after that game. I wonder if some of them went to high school together.

Sam_Kats
September 25th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Never looked @ UCA's roster but announcers were saying Conque recruited well in Texas, for what it's worth.

Sammy94
September 25th, 2012, 04:43 PM
The field looks "ok" in pictures, I just hope I never have to see it on tv again.

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/8011/9222012003.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/8723/9222012004.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/3624/92220120005.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img43/1748/92220120001.jpg

BEAR
September 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I looked at the roster and about 40 players are from Texas schools. Some in the same class as Sincere played in his high school with him. Small world.

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Ha on the google maps the field looks maroon. Montana would love it

BEAR
September 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
OMG! I did a zoom look at the stadium entrance and the map has the front doorway facing UP and the stands normal! How did they do that?! Reminds me of that move "inception" where the city folded up...wish I could post it here.....I thought the field was dizzying...that is freakin unreal! The stadium lights are sideways across the side entrance ramps...LOL.

Not only that but those Sam players look like their underwear are on the outside of their uniforms..

Talk about a triple trip.....xlolx