PDA

View Full Version : Albany Vs Maine

penguinpower
September 21st, 2012, 08:25 AM
I think TSN has their pick wrong. I expect Albany to defeat Maine.

danefan
September 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
I agree. I think we are the better team.

Game notes and post-YSU wrap-up/Pre-Maine talk with Coach Ford - http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205689000&DB_OEM_ID=15800

ccd494
September 21st, 2012, 08:32 AM
I agree. I think we are the better team.

I don't know, the only way Maine could have had less trouble with Bryant last week is if the Bulldogs had suited up and started the cheerleaders instead of the football team.

One bad loss to BC, in the quarterback's first collegiate game, and everyone has kind of written off the Black Bears it seems. The defense is for real, BC had a lot of verrrry short fields. Maine certainly isn't going to drop 50 on the Danes, but this Black Bears team is good.

danefan
September 21st, 2012, 08:33 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle_mcdonnell/index.htm

Albany Great Danes (2-1) at No. 23 Maine Black Bears (1-1), 6 p.m.

Series record: Albany leads, 3-2

Last Meeting:: Maine 35, Albany 15 (Sept. 17, 2011)

What To Know:: Albany plays in its third consecutive away game of over 400 miles and faces its second straight ranked opponent after falling on the road versus Youngstown State by seven points last week. The Great Danes actually lead the overall series, 3-2, having taken down the Black Bears in 2009 and 2010. In fact, UAlbany looks to capture its first win over a ranked opponent since its win in 2009.

The Great Danes are led by senior running back Drew Smith, but they also can air it out with the encouraging play of sophomore Will Fiacchi, who has thrown for a conference-best 579 passing yards and 69.1 completion percentage.

Maine plays its first home game of 2012, after bouncing back against a struggling Bryant team last week, winning in a laugher, 51-7. David Hood and Rickey Stevens each rushed for over 100 yards and the Black Bears returned two interceptions for touchdowns to improve to 1-1.

Albany's program is certainly improving - just in time for entering CAA play in 2013 - but it's not truly ready to compete on a weekly basis just yet.

Prediction:: Maine 35, Albany 21

Manhandle our first two opponents then travel to the one of the best teams in the country and go toe-for-toe, but somehow we're "not truly ready to compete on a weekly basis just yet."

WrenFGun
September 21st, 2012, 08:35 AM
People seem very anxious to write off the CAA ... I expect the game will be close but Maine should win.

penguinpower
September 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
People seem very anxious to write off the CAA ... I expect the game will be close but Maine should win.

I disagree, TSN just did an article this week about how the CAA has 6 teams ranked in their top 25 poll. I think Albany is a fine football team with no noticable weaknesses.

danefan
September 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM

I don't think people are writing off the CAA. I'm certainly not. People are certainly ignoring Albany though.

UNH Fanboi
September 21st, 2012, 10:11 AM
I don't think people are writing off the CAA. I'm certainly not. People are certainly ignoring Albany though.

People in the know are not ignoring Albany.

This "nobody respects us" routine is getting a little old.

Dane96
September 21st, 2012, 10:27 AM
It's not old...when it's true.

Fanboi...there once was a time UNH was in the same boat.

dunbar
September 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM
Maine's defense is stronger than last year. It's all about putting points on the board this week. Bears by 7.

This has developed into a upcoming rivalry for these future CAA North teams. Maybe it was the 3-0 loss at home on opening night two years ago, but UM seems hungry to beat the Danes.

MTfan4life
September 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM

It seems like these days if TSN picked Alabama to beat Albany, there'd be uproar on here about how Albany gets treated like it's no better than Ithaca.

danefan
September 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM
It seems like these days if TSN picked Alabama to beat Albany, there'd be uproar on here about how Albany gets treated like it's no better than Ithaca.

Come on let not be so dramatic.

Here is a realistic take on Albany from the Maine paper.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/09/21/sports/university-of-maine-faces-respected-new-rival-ualbany-in-home-opener-2/

ORONO, Maine — Four or five years ago, the University at Albany football program might have been viewed by the University of Maine as a lesser opponent.

After losing to the Great Danes in two of the last four meetings, the Black Bears are well aware UAlbany is a formidable Football Championship Subdivision program.

UMaine renews its intensifying rivalry with a future Colonial Athletic Association opponent in its home opener Saturday evening.

Albany Great Danes (2-1) at Maine Black Bears (1-1), 6 p.m., Alfond Stadium, Orono: The mention of Albany conjures up various thoughts for UMaine coaches and players. The Black Bears, for good reason, are highly motivated to face the Great Danes.

The last time senior linebacker Donte Dennis played against UAlbany, it left an impression.

“I didn’t even know what to do. I wanted to pull my hair out,” Dennis said of UMaine’s 2010 home opener, which UAlbany won 3-0.

“That won’t ever leave my mind. We know it’s not going to be an easy game. It’s going to be a dogfight.”

The Bears won last year’s meeting 31-15, but the Great Danes are back and appear better. UAlbany, which plays in the Northeast Conference, took fifth-ranked Youngstown State to the wire in a 31-24 loss last week in Ohio.

Keep in mind, 40th-year coach Bob Ford and his staff are working with only 38 scholarship equivalencies. UMaine has 63, the FCS maximum.

“It’s awesome that they’re coming into our league [in 2013],” said UMaine head coach Jack Cosgrove. “They’re going to surprise a lot of teams because this is a great football program.”

penguinpower
September 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
Come on let not be so dramatic.

Here is a realistic take on Albany from the Maine paper.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/09/21/sports/university-of-maine-faces-respected-new-rival-ualbany-in-home-opener-2/

I was surprised what your coach said about YSU. He gave us a lot of props.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2012, 02:51 PM

I agree. I still had them in the Top 20 this week. An 8-3 record would be playoff worthy imo. They pass the eye test so far.

danefan
September 21st, 2012, 03:11 PM
I was surprised what your coach said about YSU. He gave us a lot of props.

He did for sure, but why are you surprised? I watched the game online and you guys definitely look like a legit contender. Only time will tell, but hopefully you guys stay healthy.

penguinpower
September 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM
He did for sure, but why are you surprised? I watched the game online and you guys definitely look like a legit contender. Only time will tell, but hopefully you guys stay healthy.

I don't usually hear coaches talk about other teams that way. He was very complimentary and his comments were in stark contrast to Mickey Mathews comments after the 2006 playoff game against JMU when YSU won. Matthews said that the YSU QB couldn't repeat his performance if he was throwing against air. I think you guys have one of the best coaches in the FCS. He reminds me of Craig Bohl of NDSU, who I also think is one of the best in the FCS as well.

Your coach had had Albany very, very well prepared and he executed a very good game plan against us. I have a lot of respect for Albany and I think you guys are for real.

danefan
September 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
I don't usually hear coaches talk about other teams that way. He was very complimentary and his comments were in stark contrast to Mickey Mathews comments after the 2006 playoff game against JMU when YSU won. Matthews said that the YSU QB couldn't repeat his performance if he was throwing against air. I think you guys have one of the best coaches in the FCS. He reminds me of Craig Bohl of NDSU, who I also think is one of the best in the FCS as well.

Your coach had had Albany very, very well prepared and he executed a very good game plan against us. I have a lot of respect for Albany and I think you guys are for real.

I agree about Coach Ford. He is a great coach and great man.

penguinpower
September 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
How not to act when you lose

He also says JMU is better than Youngstown State, despite losing to the Penguins.

By Mike Barber

HARRISONBURG:
Two days after a quick exit from the Division I-AA football playoffs, James Madison coach Mickey Matthews was still annoyed at the NCAA and still convinced that the Dukes were better than Youngstown State, despite a four-point loss Saturday night.

"We didn't have any reward for having a great season," Matthews said Monday, continuing his criticism of the Division I-AA football committees decision to send JMU to Youngstown, Ohio, in the opening round of the 16-team event.

The game pitted two highly ranked teams, but Youngstown State received one of the tournament guaranteeing it a home berth and drew the Dukes because of geographic proximity. The Penguins beat Madison 35-31.

In the wake of the loss, Matthews said it's easy to overlook the Dukes 9-2 regular season, Atlantic 10 South Division title and second trip to the playoffs in the last three years.

"We had a great year. We just had a horrible draw in the first round," Matthews said Monday at his final weekly press conference. "We just can't let this last game get in the way of where were headed as a football program. Everything's very positive."

Despite his complaints about the selection process, the eighth-year coach was in a decidedly more upbeat mood than during Saturday night's post-game press conference, which occurred shortly after the Dukes blew an 11-point fourth-quarter lead.

Matthews repeated Monday that he still believes JMU, which finished 9-3, was a superior team to Youngstown (10-2) and called it "unjust" that Madison was sent to play in northern Ohio for the first round.

"We knew we were better than them," Matthews said. "If we play Youngstown 10 times, we're going to beat them seven or eight out of 10."

The Texas native, who coached JMU to the 2004 NCAA Division I-AA championship, also didn't hesitate when asked if Youngstown was good enough to win this year's title.

"No," he said. "I think they're good enough on offense. I don't think they're good enough on defense."

So how did the Dukes lose to Youngstown? First and foremost, Matthews said, it was the play of the Penguins' junior quarterback, Tom Zetts. Zetts passed for a career-high 314 yards and led Youngstown on a pair of scoring drives in the final 10 minutes.

"Their quarterback had the game of his life. You've got to give that kid credit," Matthews said. "He had a great game. They're ranked 90th in the nation throwing the ball and they throw for 300 yards. What are the chances they'e going to do that? He probably couldn't do that against the air today. But for one time, he really played well."

JMU athletic director Jeff Bourne, meanwhile, said he too was disappointed in the selection process and would like to become more involved in it. He said he would ask Colonial Athletic Association commissioner Tom Yeager to consider him for the "next available" opening on the I-AA selection panel. The CAA is taking over the A-10's football conference next season, and the league's current committee representative, Massachusetts athletic director John McCutcheon, is scheduled to serve until September 2009.

"I would love an opportunity to serve on that committee," Bourne said Monday.

JMU has received playoff bids three times in Matthews' eight-year tenure but has played all five of its postseason games under him on the road.

At Youngstown on Saturday, JMU was held without a sack for the first time since losing 34-28 on Oct. 22, 2005.

After watching the tape of the game, Matthews still said the officials' spot of the ball on a crucial fourth-and-one quarterback sneak by JMU's Justin Rascati was a bad one. It came at the 12-yard line with just 4:41 remaining.

Matthews also said it was his decision to let Rascati try to push through the middle of the line, instead of running the option or a handoff to a back.

"We had two or three plays we were talking about during the timeout," Matthews said. "The staff was split and somebody has to make that decision and it was me."

Matthews, who may be a candidate for the open job at I-A North Texas, said Monday he hasn't been contacted by anyone from the school. Bourne said no schools have called him to ask for permission to talk to Matthews, who is now 56-40 at JMU.

For now, the Dukes are still smarting from losing a playoff game they appeared to have well in hand.

"The entire football team was crushed," Matthews said. "We're crushed right now. I'm sure we'll be crushed for awhile. We thought we were going to win it, now. We'll come back from this, but all the kids are crushed."

penguinpower
September 21st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Matthews is a jackass.

Daved
September 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM
Matthews is a jackass.I meant to send him a Thank You card years ago for handing us the win with his coaching--JMU puts out some great teams in spite of him.

clickclack
September 22nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
Looking at it from afar and not knowing the man personally...he just seems to be COMPLETELY comfortable in his own skin. He's not angling for a better job or a move up, and is completely OK with the program he's built. This allows him the intellectual honesty to call it like he sees it. He doesn't worry about being perceived weak...he's always been a class act in my time following the program. Unfortunately for us, the time we have with him at the helm is certainly a lot shorter then what's passed. If only they had given this man the resources he's getting now a few decades ago...

clickclack
September 22nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
As for this game...I want to believe we can take Maine out, but I think the third straight VERY long road trip will take it's toll...Oh, make not mistake about it we'll put up a fight but ...hope I'm wrong.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Two series down and neither team doing much.

Albany with a nice run but fumbled and Maine recovers on the UA 40.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Maine goes for it on 4th and 3 and gets to keep this drive alive.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Maine with another 1st down and now in the redzone.

Maine announcer with an odd comment about how we can succeed because we have extra scholarships for "inner city" kids. .?????

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Maine can't move the ball and try for a FG that is blocked by Albany!!,!,!

Yeah buddy!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Nice...Albany bends but does not break.

Ends in a blocked 30yd FG.

Danes ball 4min to go in the 1st

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Maine can't move the ball and try for a FG that is blocked by Albany!!,!,!

Yeah buddy!

Second quick...Jersey Shore'r

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Such an interesting game. Fiacchi looks a bit off...but on the ground...big holes for the Danes.

BTW...these announcers SUCK!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Haha...Albany tried to run the double reverse flea flicker again...but with an immediate first option underneath instead of going long like against YSU.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Haha...Albany tried to run the double reverse flea flicker again...but with an immediate first option underneath instead of going long like against YSU.

I think that was planned

Fiacchi is off so far. A little high.

Dane96
Yep...high on every pass. Misty wet ball?!?!

danefan
These guys are literally 90 years old each. You should've seen the pregame!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Yep...high on every pass. Misty wet ball?!?!

Maybe. Just amped up too probably.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Fakie coming?

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Guess not. Layton has not been great with the pooch this year. Needs to work on that for the NFL.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Neither team giving up the big one. Bending but not breaking. Pretty evenly matched.

Maine 0
Albany 0

Black Bear Ball on their own 20 with 1 min to go in the 1st.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
Alriight this is going to be a defensive bend but don't break battle I guess.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
These guys are literally 90 years old each. You should've seen the pregame!

I did...it was painful, including the guy on for the intro (the young guy) who couldn't put 8 words together.

This is Maine :)

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
Now the old guy can't read the program!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Looks like a pretty good crowd for Maine even with the questionable weather.

penguinpower
September 22nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
YSU radio announcers said" Albany is a hell of a team".

frozennorth
September 22nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Alriight this is going to be a defensive bend but don't break battle I guess.

so like the anti-ODU/UNH game?

danefan
YSU radio announcers said" Albany is a hell of a team".

Good to hear it!

Good luck to the Penguins!

danefan
so like the anti-ODU/UNH game?

Appears that way!

Dane96
Yes...pretty much the anti-ODU-UNH game.

That said, Fiacchi has missed three open receivers for what would have been about 15-20 yd gains each.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Albany is running the ball well. Passing game isn't sharp in this first half.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Why doesn't Drew Smith get that run? 4th and short and our scat back is in?

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
By the nose!

danefan
There we go. Albany with a good completion under pressure. That's what he needed I think.

Dane96
No idea...and that happened up at Youngstown as well.

That was with regard to Drew not getting the 4th and 3 play. If you run outside...I see getting it to the scat back. But b/w the tackles...give it to the 6'2 225 bruiser.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
No idea...and that happened up at Youngstown as well.

Must be running one series by series and not by situation.

Fiachi is forcing it to King today.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Lord...some players looking like three 8hr bus rides in a row is taking a toll.

AND DONKEY ANNOUNCER...it's not a fumble b/c the ground can't cause it...dumb *** announcer.

Albany with the 45yd FG.

3-0 Danes

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Get on the board. Those 3 points are going to be very important in this game.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
They were two years ago....DOH!!!

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Lord...some players looking like three 8hr bus rides in a row is taking a toll.

AND DONKEY ANNOUNCER...it's not a fumble b/c the ground can't cause it...dumb *** announcer.

Albany with the 45yd FG.

3-0 Danes

You're listening to the donkey announcers... and not Roger....
or are you talking about Roger :D

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
That's a hold!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
A FLAG...you want a flag on an overthrown ball.

How about the flag on your tackle who tackled our DE.

F'n announcers,

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Incidental contact. These announcers are poor.

danefan
How the f did they miss that hold?

Dane96
That's a hold!

INDEED!!! F'n ridiculous.

Dane96
You're listening to the donkey announcers... and not Roger....
or are you talking about Roger :D

These guys make Roger look like a stud.

danefan
Make up call

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Nice double screen!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Wow...that was Fiacchi's first really bad play this season.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Fiacchi is having a tough game. Almost threw a pick right there.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
I don't know the stats...but Albany has had the better offense so far. But that's not saying much...

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
Just saw the replay. That would've been a penalty in the pros for driving the QB into the ground. Good non-call though.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Needed a TD there. Why run on 3rd and 12? Let the kid throw the ball.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Sean Kenny makin' me a believer....

40 yd FG (second 40+ yder)

Danes 6
Black Bears 0

4 to go in the 2nd.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
HOW ABOUT A TURNOVER HERE!!! Let's go DANES!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Nice play Maine....really nice play. Down to the Albany 35.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Great defensive stop by the Danes..

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Solid defense! Fancy pooch punt. :)

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Good kick by Layton.

Time for the defense to step up again.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Wow, both QBs just constantly overthrowing receivers.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Im really starting to think WET BALL since it is both guys.

Fiacchi is praised as accurate, so uncharacteristic.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Im really starting to think WET BALL since it is both guys.

Fiacchi is praised as accurate, so uncharacteristic.

I agree.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Eat this clock up!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
There ya go kid!!!

Dane96
Eat this clock up!

But get six ;)

DanesRGood
That was a beautiful pass! A 20+ yard bullet.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
****...Kadeem injured

danefan
I actually really like that Fiachi takes a sack.

I'd much rather see that.

danefan
****...Kadeem injured

Not too concerned about that. Big but never really impressed me.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
The kid is heating up!

Dane96
Another great pass/catch Fiacchi to King.

Teams should shudder at that call in the future....

uofalbany
Get in the endzone!

Dane96
Glad that pass was short. Would have been a loss pass/catch.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Holy **** announcers....YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PI is.

danefan
Another heady play by Fiachi. Throw it away.

DanesRGood
Agree!!! 3rd and 10!! Get in there!!!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Albany helped by a couple of PF penalties...but they have had the better offense.

DanesRGood
Fiacchi is limping. I don't like that.

danefan
Fiachi is also throwing high because of his turf toe. It's his lead foot so it doesn't look like he's coming down over it strong. Limping a lot too.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
Fiacchi is limping. I don't like that.

Been that way since RMU.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yikes...limping heavy...but that kid will not come out I have a feeling.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Really Cosgrove...it's a ****ing chippee.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Good but not great first half.

Dane96
Albany pitching the shutout.

Albany 9
Maine 0

HALFTIME

Dane96
Good but not great first half.

Yup. But if we can pull it out against this team...that's a great sign for ours that we can bruise out on a day we are playing so-so.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Yup. But if we can pull it out against this team...that's a great sign for ours that we can bruise out on a day we are playing so-so.

Agreed.

Maine is no slouch.

Btw- Stony Brook losing to Colgate in the 3rd.

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
I know. It would be a nice win for 'Gate...and even better if Albany can pull this out and have SBU go down to 'Gate whom we handled!!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
They're going to come out strong. We just need to survive it and get control of the clock back.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
I knew Maine would come out and try and run the ball. Have to stop this running game.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
I knew Maine would come out and try and run the ball. Have to stop this running game.

And it sets up the play action.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Big 4th down comin up.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
WOW. That was lucky. The QB dropped the snap.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Playaction....

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
No problem. Let's get some points back. We did this at YSU. We can do it here.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dane96
Danefan....on cue. McCarthy with great call.

80 yd td run for the Danes.

uofalbany
WOW! Nicccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
That was awesome! DE-FENSE!

Dane96
September 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Maine is running REALLY HARD this half. The Black Bears are trying to set the tone at the line.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Defense needs to get off the field. Come on boys. Fight through!

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Looks like a different O-Line for Maine. They are blowing the Danes back 3 yards from the line of scimmage on running plays. Need to tighten this D up.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
Defense needs to get off the field. Come on boys. Fight through!

Looks like a different O-Line for Maine. They are blowing the Danes back 3 yards from the line of scimmage on running plays. Need to tighten this D up.

Really blocking off the edge too. Maine looking string right now.

QB just got destroyed though.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Huge 3rd down right here!!!,

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
HUGE 3rd down right here! NEED A STOP! GO D!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Great play. Great defensive call on the corner blitz!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Good series for the D. They've been on the field the entire 3rd quarter. Impressive show do resolve in the redzone.

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Let's grind out another TD, and take 10 minutes off the clock!

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Please just score again!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Hold onto the ball! Tons of strip attempts now. The last thing we need is a turnover.

dgreco
September 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I didnt read the thread, is there a video feed?

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
I didnt read the thread, is there a video feed?

Just the pay site from Maine.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Nice run by Smith!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
What a great run by Smith.

Absolutely a beast.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Come on D. 3 and Out! Let's go.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Or not. Haha

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Bad coverage. And a flag.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Maine's QB is a tough SOB. He has been obliterated twice. Came off the field for one play. Maine's RB gets so many extra yards after initial hit.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:37 PM
QB takes another big hit on the draw play. Tough kid.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Great stand!

What a tough bunch of kids on defense this year!

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Anyone ever see a holding one FG?

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
YSU up 21-7 on UNI in the 2nd Quarter.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:43 PM
SBU ends up pulling it off 33-32.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hold onto the darn ball! Smith scares the heck out of me.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Wildcat pass coming up.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
These announcers don't know that Smith was a QB.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Special teams!!!

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Great long punt there that the returner misjudged how far it was going. Right off his hands. UA ball at the 16

biobengal
September 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Interception..... This time no ghost PI call.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Terrible decision by the youngster. Should've thrown that out of bounds. LAst thing you want to do when you have an easy 3. Also, you gotta run the ball there.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Ghost? Even the terrible announcers said it was PI. ;)

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:55 PM
This is the first set of announcers that have given Albany some respect.

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Beeaaauuttttifullllllllll

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Think we'll lose positions in the polls?

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
OH BABY!!!! YES!! What a nice win, on the road, after some long travel and with some poor offense early in the game. Great job by the defense.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
We need to finish this game out strong and make a statement.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Another hold they missed.

biobengal
September 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Ghost? Even the terrible announcers said it was PI. ;)

Absolutely. Maine DB had inside position and receiver tried to move through his body. Not that one call mattered, Maine is a rambling wreck, Albany is not.

Maine stands are emptying in a hurry... *****-show performance from Maine when they needed to come out strong after several game day improvements.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
How come no penalty there? It hit a linemen.

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 08:05 PM
How come no penalty there? It hit a linemen.

I think it depends if he was behind the line of scrimmage.

DanesRGood
September 22nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Looked like Maine DB pushed off. Doesn't matter now. So happy about this. After the tough loss last week against a good team, this is a big win!

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
A nice win on the road, with a so so performance from the QB spot... I'll take it

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
They've mentioned the schollies, how many will we be at next year..... in the 50s right?

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
They've mentioned the schollies, how many will we be at next year..... in the 50s right?

Not sue but I'd bet m the 50s

uofalbany
September 22nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Think I've heard 53 next year, and then at the max in 2014.... but I'm not sure

danefan
September 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Great road trip!

Next week will not be easy. Keep it going.

clickclack
September 22nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
LOL...hopefully not...but there will be those on this board again telling us how Maine is terrible and UA doesn't deserve any credit.

Hells yeah.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clickclack
September 22nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
What was it that the Maine coach said before the game?

mainejeff
September 22nd, 2012, 11:55 PM

"I'm a horrible in-game coach and Bob Ford owns me".........???

penguinpower
September 23rd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Now the old guy can't read the program!

Great job by Albany. I picked you guys to win. TSN had it all wrong because they are biased toward the CAA.

ccd494
September 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM

"I had a good year last year, I can just coast for another 3 years before winning again when my seat gets a little hot"?

Also, apologies to whoever had to listen to Hale and Abbott, no one up here likes them either, but Channel 5 will keep running them out there because those two numbskulls still think it is 1950 and the minimum wage is a shiny nickel.