PDA

View Full Version : Deriso: Graduating Circumstances

TexasTerror
July 25th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Grambling faithful, stick out your chest. A nice little blog by Nick Deriso about several guys who are in the process of getting graduate degrees while finishing up their eligibilty. Always like stories like this, but it goes to show you that academics are very important for Grambling football. Props to Deriso for picking up this story!

Can we expect a Clyde Edwards interview on I-AA Waves soon? He and I share the same alma mater in Houston, TX...Westbury HS! :thumbsup:

Graduating circumstances
Grambling coach Melvin Spears won't be bringing top receiver Henry "Touchdown" Tolbert to the conference media days later this week.

Graduation for Grambling's second summer session is being held, and Tolbert will pick up his degree in business management.

With Spears will be cornerback Greg Fassitt and receiver Clyde Edwards.

"Henry was one of the guys I wanted," Spears said, "but that degree is more important. It's the most important thing of all."

Tolbert - who just set a new school record for receiving touchdowns in a season with 20, passing a 13-year-old mark of 19 set by Eric Gant, a member of our GRAMBLING80 - will then join Fassitt in graduate school next year. They are, in fact, two of seven starters who are finishing their eligibility while taking post-graduate courses.

The others are offensive linemen Andre Bennett, Jamar Dorsey and Derek Governor; running back Ab Kuuan; and receiver Tim Abney.

Fassitt, tied for second in the conference last year for passes defended, actually has two more years to play.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/news/blogs/blog3/2006/07/graduating-circumstances.html

mikebigg
July 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Catmendue2
July 26th, 2006, 08:34 AM
:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :hurray:

MACHIAVELLI
July 26th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Spears said, "but that degree is more important. It's the most important thing of all."