PDA

View Full Version : App St. -vs- Mars Hill

lambertjr
July 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Can you say Mismatch!!!:eek:
I hope Mars Hill is getting a nice payday for this game.

SU Jag
July 24th, 2006, 05:41 PM
This looks real 65-0 type!:nod:

lambertjr
July 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I won't bet on them, but last year MHC put a good beatdown on Carson-Newman(#3 in the nation I think)

SU Jag
July 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I won't bet on them, but last year MHC put a good beatdown on Carson-Newman(#3 in the nation I think)

Carson-Newman wasnt that good though! We later found out that the whole SAC wasnt that good either!:nod:

goasu984Life
July 24th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Anytime I'm in the SAC, it is usually pretty good! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself)

SU Jag
July 24th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Anytime I'm in the SAC, it is usually pretty good! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx :bow: :bow: :bow:

lambertjr
July 24th, 2006, 05:54 PM
"Anytime I'm in the SAC, it is usually pretty good! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself)"

Why didn't I see that coming:bang:

:thumbsup: Nice one.

goasu984Life
July 24th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I tried not to post it, but I just couldn't leave it alone.

WCU LawCat
July 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Last year Western opened with Mars Hill and we all assumed that WCU would win by 50+. WCU won 21-7. Mars Hill has a pretty good QB and a number of other kids that could play I-AA football. App will still beat them like a drum...but the week after WCU played Mars Hill, WCU beat Furman by 20 points.

Some say Western was not showing anything against Mars Hill so that they could break it out against Furman. I think Mars Hill knowing that they are up against "the defending national champions" will hit them right in the mouth in the first quarter. App will probably have the game put away by midway through the 2nd quarter, but if not then I would not be COMPLETELY suprised.

SoCon48
July 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
That's not what she said. :D
(sorry, left yourself wide open)

SoCon48
July 24th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Last year Western opened with Mars Hill and we all assumed that WCU would win by 50+. WCU won 21-7. Mars Hill has a pretty good QB and a number of other kids that could play I-AA football. App will still beat them like a drum...but the week after WCU played Mars Hill, WCU beat Furman by 20 points.

Some say Western was not showing anything against Mars Hill so that they could break it out against Furman. I think Mars Hill knowing that they are up against "the defending national champions" will hit them right in the mouth in the first quarter. App will probably have the game put away by midway through the 2nd quarter, but if not then I would not be COMPLETELY suprised.
MH in Boone doesn't scare (maybe it should) like going down to Boiling Springs to play G-Webb. Has the feeling of the flick, First Blood.

Mr. C
July 25th, 2006, 05:05 AM
I see Chase Laws getting a lot of reps at QB in this one. This reminds me of the App State-Edinboro matchup in 1995. Edinboro was nationally ranked and still got clocked 49-7 by a Mountaineer squad that finished the regular season 11-0 and ranked No. 2 to McNeese State. The ASU starters were out by the start of the second half.

Mars Hill is a quality D-II team, but there is a big difference between losing 21-7 to Western Carolina and coming to Boone. This was the only team that the Mountaineers could find to come to Boone that weekend.

KiddBrewer
July 25th, 2006, 05:54 AM
This is a mountaineer team picked as the preseason number 1 in Division I-AA........This is also the Mars Hill team picked ahead of Lenior Rhyne for 2nd to last in the SAC........might be ugly

KiddBrewer
July 25th, 2006, 05:55 AM
But then again, preseason rankings are truly speculations....who really knows how either team will do, although they are usually pretty good speculations.