PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette 28, Penn 21

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Did I read the box score right when it said 8 Penn turnovers?????????

Pardians, what to make of this game?

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM
And Shoop was suspended. Overall PL has had a pretty good week. Even losses were competitive. Sadly LU might be the most disappointing game of the day.

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Eh, wasn't that great. Ugly game but we only had 1 TO. Exciting and fun, but Frankosaurus reared it's head and we nearly blew it. Yes, 7 Penn INTS, six were legit and one was circus. Penn fumbled at our two and ball went into endzone for a touchback. Our defense was too conservative at times.

But it feels damn good to beat those Penn &@$"!

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Zweizig has potential to be a solid QB for us, but he was given the Pard offense ABCs tonight.

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Oh it was also dirty too... Penn had a DL ejected for sucker punch/hitting Shoop way away from the play when he was just standing there.

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Oh it was also dirty too... Penn had a DL ejected for sucker punch/hitting Shoop way away from the play when he was just standing there.

It wasn't Shoop. He appears to have his own set of problems, however.

Lafalumni29
September 15th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I was very excited about this team post Bill and Mary but not so much after this game. Even though Shoop was MIA this was not the same team I saw last week. However, I'll take the gift from theose dirty Quakers.

DJOM
September 15th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Congrats Lafayette

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Congrats Lafayette

Thanks, DJOM. The Princeton game in a couple of weeks will mean more to the Pards than this evening's toasting of the Quakers. We can handle Penn but we just never seem to be able to get past the Tigers.

A great effort by Princeton against the Festering Brown Contagion. I do hope that those returning from Bethlehem this afternoon showered immediately. The Centers for Disease Control have set up a hotline for those who experience lingering illness or trauma.

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 11:57 PM
We did but only because we had to go thru Easton. Nice win. Thanks for insuring Penn's loss. Really dont like them.

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2012, 12:09 AM
We did but only because we had to go thru Easton. Nice win. Thanks for insuring Penn's loss. Really dont like them.

Doesn't count. Lehigh alums have developed antibodies. My concern is for the unaware.

Ivytalk
September 16th, 2012, 06:23 AM
As a Quacker hater of long standing, I salute you Pards today!xbowxxthumbsupxxsalutexxsalutexxsalutex

Pards Rule
September 16th, 2012, 07:35 AM

And I have always felt that way Rich! My first witness of a W over Penn! And my nephew Eric's first Pard victory too (formerly 0-3). Thought the Z-man was quite capable and he threw 2 picks both on long balls. So we actually had 2 TOs to correct an earlier post - and I thought we "only" had 6 INTS?? Will have to check the Inquirer recap on it.

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM
An entire day of baffling football.

Princeton @ Lehigh

Princeton may be better than anticipated. Could have pulled this one out if they had a QB. The guy under center throws a ball that must feel like an anvil when it hits a receiver. Aye, and there's the rub, WHEN he hits a receiver. That isn't often.

The ChickenSquawks looked very ordinary and very beatable. They piled up some yardage, but it never felt like they were in control. Spadola had a good day, but was inexplicably getting only single coverage with a ten yard cushion all day. He should have been given even more opportunities. The running game showed very little. The Vegas 28 point prediction was ridiculous, but turning this into a 3 point game places even more question marks over in Browntown.

Pennsylvania @ Lafayette

Take away those turnovers and Penn wins this one easily. Of course you can't take away the turnovers, so what to make of the Quakers? They won the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball. After switching QBs midway through the 3rd the offense was virtually unstoppable. Cheap shot artists. I'm attributing the turnovers to Penn's first game "jitters" and a way better than average Lafayette secondary. The Quackers will do some real damage in the Ivy.

Lafayette looked nothing like the team that manhandled William & Mary. Would Shoop have made a difference? Maybe/probably, but would they have been truly competitive with him in there? Probably not - the big edge to Penn in the line play would have still been there. In my opinion, Zach Zweizig is the future of the program and he needs meaningful playing time now. To get it against a good team and still win is a plus. He "managed" the game just fine and made no big mistakes, but Tavani and his offensive coordinator never let him see page 2 of the playbook. Does this serve notice to the rest of the Patriot League? I think it does because, based on what I saw at Badman Stadium yesterday, no one in the League is in Penn's class. In my opinion, the Pards have now beaten the two best teams on their schedule.

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 07:55 AM
And I have always felt that way Rich! My first witness of a W over Penn! And my nephew Eric's first Pard victory too (formerly 0-3). Thought the Z-man was quite capable and he threw 2 picks both on long balls. So we actually had 2 TOs to correct an earlier post - and I thought we "only" had 6 INTS?? Will have to check the Inquirer recap on it.

The kid's off the hook for now. His status has been reduced from First Class Jinx to Jinxling. How about being a little more selective from now on when you load him in the car and head to Easton. If you see a sure win (don't know who that might be), bring him along.

There were seven (7) interceptions. Once we got to 4 in the first Quarter everyone in section Q or wherever I was sitting, was counting.

Pards Rule
September 16th, 2012, 08:05 AM
The kid's off the hook for now. His status has been reduced from First Class Jinx to Jinxling. How about being a little more selective from now on when you load him in the car and head to Easton. If you see a sure win (don't know who that might be), bring him along.

There were seven (7) interceptions. Once we got to 4 in the first Quarter everyone in section Q or wherever I was sitting, was counting.

Wow - I lost count then!! We were looking for you on the upper concourse. I'm thinking Princeton game and Holy Cross at home. Maybe NOT the latter though as he is still a jinxling.

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Wow - I lost count then!! We were looking for you on the upper concourse. I'm thinking Princeton game and Holy Cross at home. Maybe NOT the latter though as he is still a jinxling.

The Princeton game is OK. The football gods have it in for us in that one anyway. He'd just be one more twig on an ugly pile.

Pards Rule
September 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Carney maybe I didnt count it to start with. As we were entering the stadium very early in game heard a big roar and assumed a big pass play and on concourse saw LC deep into Penn turf which resulted in first TD - perhaps the roar came from an INT? That would make 7 then!

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Carney maybe I didnt count it to start with. As we were entering the stadium very early in game heard a big roar and assumed a big pass play and on concourse saw LC deep into Penn turf which resulted in first TD - perhaps the roar came from an INT? That would make 7 then!

Yes. The first score was set up by an INT that gave Lafayette the ball inside the Penn 15. That is your seventh.

All Lafayette scores, in fact, came after interceptions with only the second being a pick 6.

HailSzczur
September 16th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Wow, 7 INTs? What should I expect next week when we head to Franklin Field Pard fans? It appears our D should be on the lookout for a pass happy Penn team at the very least.

Pards Rule
September 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Wow, 7 INTs? What should I expect next week when we head to Franklin Field Pard fans? It appears our D should be on the lookout for a pass happy Penn team at the very least.

Hey Szczur - I would gameplan for Holland too - comments by Bagnoli after game and Hollands performance in 2nd half may indicate they do a rotation or start Holland. Get some pressure on him - believe it or not with 7 INTS we NEVER laid a HAND on either of the Penn QBs. Their OL was picking up everything. Focus on that Penn #1 dude - he is a fave receiver. Good luck and toast Penn!

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM

You will have your hands full. They are a good team. And don't expect to live off turnovers. I'm betting that Bagnoli gets that out of their systems this week.

Fordham
September 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Congrats Pards. A win is a win is a win. Good teams win pretty, win ugly and just win. These early season lesson squeakers can help develop the confidence that really gels later on.

Only concern is about Shoop. What's up? Is he back soon?

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Tavani says he should be the starter next week at Bisonville. He was suspended for violating teams rules. Our QB preformed admirable against probably the toughest team on the schedule, but he was given the basics to run.

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM
Hey Szczur - I would gameplan for Holland too - comments by Bagnoli after game and Hollands performance in 2nd half may indicate they do a rotation or start Holland. Get some pressure on him - believe it or not with 7 INTS we NEVER laid a HAND on either of the Penn QBs. Their OL was picking up everything. Focus on that Penn #1 dude - he is a fave receiver. Good luck and toast Penn!

And I was correct - Bagnoli announced he would play both yesterday...