PDA

View Full Version : SoCon.TV

dungeonjoe
July 24th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I was checking out the SoCon website for rouser info and found this offer for streaming video of SoCon events--SoCon.tv

Anyone know anything about this or subscribe to it? Is it worth the nearly $40 cost?

SoCon48
July 24th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I was checking out the SoCon website for rouser info and found this offer for streaming video of SoCon events--SoCon.tv

Anyone know anything about this or subscribe to it? Is it worth the nearly $40 cost?

They sure do hype it a lot. Must be a pretty good profit.

DotCat
July 25th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Is it worth the nearly $40 cost?

What I saw of it last year, wasn't impressive. Basically a camcorder on a tripod.

chattanoogamocs
July 25th, 2006, 04:57 AM
...and that is basically all it is. all this really is is the coaches game film that each school records for their breakdown (no slo mo, no replays, just the raw feed) ...they literally run the cord from the back of the camcorder and plug it in to the internet.

Now I hear that they can also pipe in the radio broadcast during games to give it more "action" (though I am not sure if they have quite worked that out yet...their was a problem with the extra lag between radio and internet)

...if not, they basically just follow the action on the court (with little or no sound) then when there is a timeout, they will pan over to the scoreboard (for long stretches, you might not even know what the score is).

An asst AD and I watched some of one of the early round games in the VIP suite at the NCC (basketball tournament) and both of us picked a team and kept score so we would at least have an idea of who was ahead.

...it is better than nothing, but certainly nothing like a produced tv program.

...but there is potential there and if you like multiple sports, it might be worth it.

OL FU
July 25th, 2006, 06:53 AM

And the real question is "did you see any info on the rouser?" The one thing I can never find info on the SoCon Website is SoCon activities such as meetings:rotateh: