PDA

View Full Version : ICON vs Pitt 2007

MACHIAVELLI
July 24th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Pitt opens with a tough opponent, Virginia, for the second consecutive season.

The Panthers' non-conference schedule for 2007 lightens up a little, but the opener could be difficult. They play host to Bowling Green, one of the top programs in the Mid-American Conference, Sept. 1.

The Panthers then play (THE ICON) Grambling State (Sept. 8), at Michigan State (Sept. 15), at Virginia (Sept. 29) and at home against Navy (Oct. 13).

The Grambling game will be more of an event than a game, according to Pitt athletic director Jeff Long. Grambling will bring its band, which is one of the most famous college bands in the country.

The band and members of the football team from the traditionally black Louisiana school will arrive earlier in the week and be involved in a number of events around the city.

"It is going to be a lot of fun and really a very good experience for everyone involved," Long said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06204/708020-233.stm

McNeese75
July 24th, 2006, 11:49 AM

The Panthers' non-conference schedule for 2007 lightens up a little, but the opener could be difficult. They play host to Bowling Green, one of the top programs in the Mid-American Conference, Sept. 1.

The Panthers then play Grambling State (Sept. 8), at Michigan State (Sept. 15), at Virginia (Sept. 29) and at home against Navy (Oct. 13).

The Grambling game will be more of an event than a game, according to Pitt athletic director Jeff Long. Grambling will bring its band, which is one of the most famous college bands in the country.

The band and members of the football team from the traditionally black Louisiana school will arrive earlier in the week and be involved in a number of events around the city.

"It is going to be a lot of fun and really a very good experience for everyone involved," Long said.

:confused: I see where Pitt plays Grambling in 2007 but there is nothing in there about any Icon team????? :D

Go...gate
July 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Very nice stretch game, Icon Man!! :hurray:

McNeese75
July 24th, 2006, 02:05 PM

The Panthers then play (THE ICON) Grambling State (Sept. 8), at Michigan State (Sept. 15), at Virginia (Sept. 29) and at home against Navy (Oct. 13).

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :beerchug:

Damn, ya gotta get up awfully early to put on over on Mach

MACHIAVELLI
July 25th, 2006, 11:09 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :beerchug:

Damn, ya gotta get up awfully early to put on over on Mach

Isn't that obvious.

henfan
July 25th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Pitt's failed NFL head coach. I'd like to see Grambling State pull off the upset.:thumbsup:

downbythebeach
July 25th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I read the article thinking it was talking about this season and started searching ebay for tickets, I went to the pitt website and realized oh wait thats next season.....theres some of my life I'll never get back.:p