PDA

View Full Version : Princeton at Lehigh: The Game Thread

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM
My preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/09/game-preview-princeton-at-lehigh-9152012.html

Princeton position-by-position breakdown to come. Hopefully later today!

RichH2
September 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Who plays QB for Tiger? Tabasco sauce?Really? How about a BT Lite, no tabasco.

van
September 13th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Guess we have to wait for the fearless prediction?

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM
The fearless prediction is that Lehigh will soften up the Nausoodles nicely for us. Pards can use all the help we can get.

van
September 13th, 2012, 04:11 PM
The fearless prediction is that Lehigh will soften up the Nausoodles nicely for us. Pards can use all the help we can get.

At least you'll have some film.

eiu1999
September 13th, 2012, 04:16 PM
My preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/09/game-preview-princeton-at-lehigh-9152012.html

Princeton position-by-position breakdown to come. Hopefully later today!

Nice blog

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM
TSN's Take

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle_mcdonnell/archive/mcdonnell_9_13_12.htm

Princeton Tigers (0-0) at No. 16 Lehigh Mountain Hawks (2-0), 12:30 p.m.

Series Record: Princeton leads, 39-14-2

Last Meeting: Lehigh 34, Princeton 22 (Sept. 17, 2011)

What To Know: Lehigh has quietly improved to 2-0 for the first time since 2003. The Mountain Hawks haven't played the toughest opponents in their first two games (Monmouth and Central Connecticut State), but the offense has looked solid under the new leadership of quarterback Mike Colvin. Many around the Patriot League knew Lehigh could contend for a third straight title, but they didn't think the offense would be as productive.

All-America receiver Ryan Spadola doesn't have a touchdown yet and the Mountain Hawks' playmakers haven't put up flashy numbers. Plain and simple, Lehigh knows how to win. Lehigh's 11-game regular-season win streak is second only to Sam Houston State (14) among FCS teams.

Princeton is coming off back-to-back 1-9 seasons and has struggled to find its identity under third-year coach Bob Surace. The Tigers are winless in their last five season openers and lost both the 2010 and 2011 openers to Lehigh, 35-22 and 34-22, respectively. It's a trend which will continue this week.

Prediction: Lehigh 38, Princeton 10

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Princeton has always been one of my favorite OOC teams; usually very competitive games, Old Palmer Stadium, Keith Elias, the new stadium, the band, "Ohh Little Town of Bethlehem", etc.....

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Come on, Rich, I'm betting you've had Tabasco sauce in a pregame Bloody Mary before... LOL

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
My breakdown of Princeton/Lehigh:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/09/game-3-breakdown-princeton-at-lehigh.html

I think Bostic starts the first offensive series. Just a hunch.

RichH2
September 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I guarantee Surace has a package for him somewhere in the game.

busybee14
September 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Bostic would be a great start for the Tigers.I hope he gets the call.

ngineer
September 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Certainly some concern over the size and experience of Princeton's front seven on defense. Coach Chick will need to scheme well to maneuver around the mountains. I hope this is the 'break out' game for Spadola this year, but defenses focusing on him will pay elsewhere. Hopefully Haggins is ready to roll.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Is anyone going to be able to post updates?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Lehigh has to settle in and adjust to the pressure.

lehighfball
September 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Is anyone going to be able to post updates?

You can listen to the game on the Princeton website. 7-0 Lehigh 1st quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM
You can listen to the game on the Princeton website. 7-0 Lehigh 1st quarter.

Im at the montana Liberty game...

lehighfball
September 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Lehigh 10-0

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 12:43 PM
How is Lehigh scoring? They need to come out strong in the second half.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2012, 01:19 PM
My 30-3 prediction is looking awful good right now. Just sayin'.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Still 17-0?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
17-6 now? Lehigh's offense go in hibernation?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 02:22 PM
17-14...whats going on?

The Historian
September 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
17-14 final, very strange second half on offense. Horrible field position for most of the second half. Officiating did not help with 8 penalties on Lehigh to one for Princeton.

Like Monmouth, defense won the game.

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Just leaving game. We won. Sorry for no updates but you would not have liked them. For 3rd week we did not show up in the 2nd half. PU front 7 good. Our OL was beaten like a drum. D saved us. Colvin forgot how to pass until the last drive. Rest of our schedule at least as good and probably better than PU. If Dave does not fix O and Andy figure out how to get this team to play in the 2 nd half we'll be lucky to win half of them. One caveat , 2nd half we had bad field position but still no excuse. PU DL is very good ,I hope or else our OL really bad

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Nice Babar, Tigers certainly best they have been in yrs. At least I hope so or we are not too good.

Southsider
September 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I was at game also. Seems to me LU staff did not trust Colvin to throw in 2nd half. How else would you explain the play calling? And, while the D played well overall, had they held on to the half dozen or so balls thrown directly to them, this would have been a total blowout. Hats off to PU for going all out.

DJOM
September 15th, 2012, 04:31 PM
This is not a bad loss. Princeton showed up to play against a team which was ranked. Good job guys, you did not lose, merely ran out of time today...let's close the deal next week.

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Southsider, if they could catch they would be WRs. But true 3 that I recall. Field position 2nd half probably dictated.run but our OL not to persuasive today. Dave clearly does not trust Mike under pressure and deep in our own territory. D wore out late.

Engineer86
September 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Colvin is not the answer. If he is the best we have at QB we are one and done in the playoffs ... If get there. The purple pussies look pretty good

hawkineer
September 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Southsider, if they could catch they would be WRs. But true 3 that I recall. Field position 2nd half probably dictated.run but our OL not to persuasive today. Dave clearly does not trust Mike under pressure and deep in our own territory. D wore out late.
I agree that Cecchini showed absolutely no trust in Colvin. However, as they said in Footloose, "If we don't start trusting our children... how will they ever become trustworthy?" I think Colvin's confidence is fragile and the coaching staff is doing little to bolster it.

The play calling in the 2nd half was brutal. QB draw after QB draw.

van
September 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Colvin is not the answer. If he is the best we have at QB we are one and done in the playoffs ... If get there. The purple pussies look pretty good

You need to look at his stats. Colvin is not the problem. He may not carry the team, but he is far from the problem.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I agree that Cecchini showed absolutely no trust in Colvin. However, as they said in Footloose, "If we don't start trusting our children... how will they ever become trustworthy?" I think Colvin's confidence is fragile and the coaching staff is doing little to bolster it.

I'm not sure I can come up with a more untrue statement than this one.

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Agree with van. Mike is not Chris. He cant carry a team. He needs just do his job. Playcalling 2nd half mindnumbing. Biggest issue is why we have yet to show up in the 2 nd half. Thank God for D.

LehighU11
September 15th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Agree with van. Mike is not Chris. He cant carry a team. He needs just do his job. Playcalling 2nd half mindnumbing. Biggest issue is why we have yet to show up in the 2 nd half. Thank God for D.

Fully agree. Also wonder why more option plays haven't been called. The pitch to Sherman for a TD was clearly effective, and we weren't getting anything up the middle.

On a side note, anyone record/catch the W&M game at Towson? Rather than CAA logos on the 25 yd lines, they have matching Twitter hashtags: #upROAR. Pretty obnoxious and amusing considering their antics after getting knocked out of the playoffs.

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I am watchlng it now ,well and ND. Cute , did not notice. West is unreal.

hawkineer
September 15th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure I can come up with a more untrue statement than this one.

Which part? Colvin's confidence being fragile or the coaching staff doing little to bolster it. Do you think for a second that the play calling during the 2nd half would have been that conservative with Lum even with the poor field position?

There is going to point this season, probably sooner rather than later, where Colvin is going to have to win a game with his arm and not his legs. Colvin has only started 4 games. The 2nd half of this game was not coached in a way to get him or the offense into a consistent rhythm or to show Colvin that the staff has complete faith in him throwing the ball. The play calling during the 2nd half looked like Trey Brown's and not Cecchini's. I think that the coaches were scared of Colvin making a poor decision or a poor throw (back footed) and decided to not take any chances. Hopefully Colvin didn't sense this, but at least some of us that were at the game sure did. Given how well that he played during the first half, not taking any chances with the play calling made no sense. How else would you explain the extremely conservative play calling during the entire 2nd half?xconfusedx

ngineer
September 15th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Which part? Colvin's confidence being fragile or the coaching staff doing little to bolster it. Do you think for a second that the play calling during the 2nd half would have been that conservative with Lum even with the poor field position?

There is going to point this season, probably sooner rather than later, where Colvin is going to have to win a game with his arm and not his legs. Colvin has only started 4 games. The 2nd half of this game was not coached in a way to get him or the offense into a consistent rhythm or to show Colvin that the staff has complete faith in him throwing the ball. The play calling during the 2nd half looked like Trey Brown's and not Cecchini's. I think that the coaches were scared of Colvin making a poor decision or a poor throw (back footed) and decided to not take any chances. Hopefully Colvin didn't sense this, but at least some of us that were at the game sure did. Given how well that he played during the first half, not taking any chances with the play calling made no sense. How else would you explain the extremely conservative play calling during the entire 2nd half?xconfusedx

Unsubstantiated and unwarranted speculation, unless you spoke with the coaches after the game. I agree the play calling had numerous questionable calls, but other circumstances may have affected the decisions. To publically accuse the coaches of not having confidence in Colvin does nothing more than fan similar speculation, which in today's internet world is reckless. First, we had very poor field position several times starting inside our 10 and 20. PU's DL is very big and strong, so straight on blocking was not expected to work, therefore looking for lanes to open with the QB draw. Unfortunately, while Colvin is a strong runner, he's not particularly fast, otherwise several of those calls would have gone for additional 5-10 yards. Still, I agree we were becomng too predictable and PU was anticipating. Turnovers and TO's missed were huge. Two fumbled punt returns, and the one inside the 20 that set up the second TD for PU was inexcuseable. The worst part of the game was lack of mental discipline by the offense. Way too many penalties, some after the play negating positive yardage. At halftime, I felt the team had reached the "next level" we were looking for. The coaches need to look at themselves and figure out what they are doing wrong or need to do better to avoid the 'flat' second halfs we have been seeing. It's as if defenses have made adjustments at half and we are having trouble adjusting to them. Uncharacteristic for Cecchini. The lack of aggressiveness in the second half was troubling--not running out the kickoff after PU's first TD that was only 2 yards deep in the endzone was curious. At that point, I even made a comment to my father that I was concerned about us not 'pushing' the offense. Did Cecchini/Coen go conservative so as to not show more on tape for Liberty? Colvin has the physical tools. He had some beautiful throws to Kurfis and Spadola. A couple that certainly were wanted back, but overall I thought he performed well. The OL needs to tighten up. Not having Haggins in there I think may be effecting the offense more than we think. He is a force, both as a receiver and blocker. The defense while, overall played a very good game..downright dominant in the first half, should have cashed in on several turnovers. They have to be opportunistic and weren't today. One final thought was the impact of the wind. From the looks of the flags, it was steady 15-20 mph today clearly effecting the kicking games and passing games. In the fourth quarter, PU had the wind at their back. In the third, we were constantly shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties, with a couple nice runs/passes negated. We wasted that entire quarter when we had the wind. I, like many, found the second half troubling. This is on the coaches to get it fixed.

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Saw the second half... you guys are the most ugly 3-0 team out there.

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Nice analysis. What is it that we are not doing? Both O and D left points on the field. Suggs was ridiculous. O has not shown up in the 2 nd half yet. Why? Seriously hope Haggins back next week. Dave must fix O in the 2nd half. Whether its his calls or playets execution or will.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 10:44 PM
This teams offense seems similar to that of 2010. People seem to forget Lum was pretty average his jr year. The offense was great at times, Harvard and Colgate, but also struggled a times Fordham, Drake, Georgetown first half, Lafayette etc. I still think this years edition has great potential. It seems the coaches tried to really do the bare minimum these first three games.

From a phone...

RichH2
September 15th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I did not see Knott. Was he out?

van
September 16th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Knott was on KO returns, but did not get any WR plays that I saw. Kurfis, Spadola and Sergio all day.

No doubt that O was anemic in second half, but bigger problem was muffed punts and missed INTs. Catch the punts and half the INT opportunities and the game is a blow out. Princeton D is sound, but their O is really dismal.

Southsider
September 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM

Hey P4L, you guys had 8 turnovers, and only 21 offensive points! I would tone it down if I were you...................

Engineer86
September 16th, 2012, 07:31 AM
This game, muffed punts in particular, lack of confidence in an erratic QB, definitely show the impact of a strong North to South wind.

"ugly" or not, 3-0, let everyone continue to take their shots. I am fine with the Al Davis approach, LU has never gotten respect in the polls anyway.

RichH2
September 16th, 2012, 08:43 AM
All good points, Suggs had a bad day, he will be OK. O has yet to make a 2 nd half anywhere close to 1 st half performance. Even buying excuses each week, a disturbing trend. We put up a similar game next week and we will not win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Finally got a chance to look at the stats.

2:1 total yard ratio? almost 50% on 3rd down? Colvin 24-31 no INT's?

There's still a lot of good to take away from this game.

RichH2
September 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Colvin frustrating at time but he is not the problem. Mile 290/g in TO.. D has been stellar overall. Our 3rd period bad. 1st half 59-7 for LU .3rd period 0-17, 2nd half 20-38. What happens at halftime?

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hey P4L, you guys had 8 turnovers, and only 21 offensive points! I would tone it down if I were you...................

If you saw the game or even read a review, you would have a clue...

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
You know, the Princeton team did get a vote. I mean, in your shoes I would also be asking what went wrong. But it's possible that some of this was due to Princeton coming out strong, rather than Lehigh making coaching errors. We created some momentum on special teams and defense, and wore out your front line on offense and defense. It sure looked like Colvin was under pressure, and that in the second half we were able to run inside the tackles.

I do think the wind made some difference.

Not looking forward to playing you guys... I was very impressed with your offensive line, which as blowing Lehigh off the ball a few yards each time and chewing up yards in the middle of the field. Your DL was also solid... again, I only saw the second half, but I'd be concerned with your QB and secondary play. I'd wager you have a shot in all the Ivy games except Harvard and Penn.

Engineer86
September 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM

8 turnovers, Penn only punted twice and you had a pick six, yet you won only by 7. I used to think you knew what you were talking about, but do you really think it was all due to the great play of the Pards? You got out gained 413 to 236.

You think your showing was better than Lehigh's in the wind. You might want to change the "P" for a "T"

Lehigh out gained Princeton 405 to 206 and all three fumbles came on fielding punts in heavy wind.

Not sure if you saw the game but you still have no clue.

RichH2
September 16th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Gee, I smell a fight brewing and its not even November.

van
September 16th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Finally got a chance to look at the stats.

2:1 total yard ratio? almost 50% on 3rd down? Colvin 24-31 no INT's?

There's still a lot of good to take away from this game.

+1

Engineer86
September 16th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Gee, I smell a fight brewing and its not even November.

Just the the world of a board. I would likely enjoy a beer with P4L

RichH2
September 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Just working P4L up 86. He is a good guy and fun to play with.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
8 turnovers, Penn only punted twice and you had a pick six, yet you won only by 7. I used to think you knew what you were talking about, but do you really think it was all due to the great play of the Pards? You got out gained 413 to 236.

You think your showing was better than Lehigh's in the wind. You might want to change the "P" for a "T"

Lehigh out gained Princeton 405 to 206 and all three fumbles came on fielding punts in heavy wind.

Not sure if you saw the game but you still have no clue.

Yes, we were outgained badly and our offense was inept at times.

BUT our back-up sophomore QB made his first ever career appearance, let alone start. The defense put us in great position to score and we did... we went up 21-0 very early. Zweizig was then given "management" duties i.e. Frankosaurus, mainly simple playbook stuff that everyone in the stadium could recite by heart. Penn knew it. Bagnoli knew it. The OL cleared sizable holes but the LBs were right there to shut the door.

Defensively, we went into that prevent crap which detered our aggression. I'd have to review the film but almost all of our INTs came on man coverage or some form of cover 2. Once we established the large lead, we fell into prevent. And when you are down alot, you have to sling the ball all over the field in order to have a chance... hence the gaudy rushing yards. They threw underneath the zone defense all day. We did not give up any long balls or many (if any) passes in the 20+ range.

I saw the second half of the Lehigh game. I saw that your offense couldn't move the ball because of penalties and mistakes, plus a tough Princeton DL. I also saw your DL pushed off the ball.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Just working P4L up 86. He is a good guy and fun to play with.

In science class, I learned that the Big Cats are the ones who play with their prey before killing it... or in your case, flushing it down... since who wants to eat Foul Fountain Fowl.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Here's a little game recap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_teKpIzTE4&feature=player_embedded

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Note to Babar -

I agree with Pard4Life. Saw the entire game and Tigger is better than I thought. Solid in the trenches; not so much at the skill positions. As P4L said, the secondary is suspect and no. 12 (Michelsen?) is a disaster at QB. If there's a switch at signal caller I'm hoping that it won't be until after the Lafayette game.

Oh yeah, if the Princeton band bus gets hijacked, humanity will be much the better off. How did it get that bad?

ngineer
September 16th, 2012, 07:34 PM

This aint a beauty contest. No such thing as style points. "Just win baby"--A. Davis.

ngineer
September 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Note to Babar -

I agree with Pard4Life. Saw the entire game and Tigger is better than I thought. Solid in the trenches; not so much at the skill positions. As P4L said, the secondary is suspect and no. 12 (Michelsen?) is a disaster at QB. If there's a switch at signal caller I'm hoping that it won't be until after the Lafayette game.

Oh yeah, if the Princeton band bus gets hijacked, humanity will be much the better off. How did it get that bad?

It's gotten worse? Having watched that wretched refuse for many years, I cannot tell how low they can go. Maybe they should incorporate some limbo music. BTW, Van and I were looking for you at our tailgate...did you ever show? I left for kickoff at 12:10 p.m.

Go...gate
September 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Note to Babar -

The band has gotten measurably worse in the past decade. I still remember when they did a great job playing a serious presentation at Princeton's first game after 9/11, but that was the last time I think they took anything seriously at all. 40 - 50 years ago, they were irreverent, but they still played music well. Not anymore.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM
What's with the dislike of Princeton's band? Something happen?

crusader11
September 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Lafayette has been the most impressive team in the PL to date. Don't think you can even argue that. If I had to give my PL power rankings after week three, they'd definitely be at the top. As for my Crusaders...not so much.

1) Lafayette 2-0 (W William & Mary, W Penn)
2) Lehigh 3-0 (W Monmouth, W CCSU, W Princeton)
3) Fordham 2-1 (W Lock Haven, L Villanova, W Cornell)
4) Georgetown 2-1 (W Davidson, W Wagner, L Yale)
5) Colgate 1-2 (L Albany, L South Dakota, W Sacred Heart)
6) Holy Cross 0-2 (L UNH, L Brown)
7) Bucknell 1-1 (W Marist, L Delaware)

Bill
September 16th, 2012, 09:49 PM

Pard - wasn't there an issue with the band and the Citadel back in 2008? I think some of the dislike could certainly begin there....

RichH2
September 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Juvenile. Not particularly original or funny anymore. Humor used to be a counterpoint to music. As far as I could tell music is no longer a requirement to join PU band. Annoying but not really a big deal.

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM

No, not in the way you are thinking. Just a ridiculous, waste of time "performance" with little music. They just run around, mill around, and accomplish nothing. One "band" member carried a 3 or 4 foot plastic Santa Claus and a large stick. His "contribution" to the "show" was to kick the dummy around and beat it with the stick. Another "band" member hobbled around on crutches. A third stumbled around banging on plastic Halloween pumpkins as if they were drums. They were out there for the better part of 10 minutes and played 4 songs, maybe 3. Most of it was a mindless babble read to one and all by that incompetent Lehigh field announcer. They are just one step beyond awful. The worst I've ever seen. Nothing abusive, off color, inflammatory, or in bad taste. Just awful. If they show up at Fisher head for the John, concession stand or parking deck. It's not worth the "What the he!! is this?" "God this is crap" that you will put yourself through.

crusader11
September 16th, 2012, 10:38 PM
No, not in the way you are thinking. Just a ridiculous, waste of time "performance" with little music. They just run around, mill around, and accomplish nothing. One "band" member carried a 3 or 4 foot plastic Santa Claus and a large stick. His "contribution" to the "show" was to kick the dummy around and beat it with the stick. Another "band" member hobbled around on crutches. A third stumbled around banging on plastic Halloween pumpkins as if they were drums. They were out there for the better part of 10 minutes and played 4 songs, maybe 3. Most of it was a mindless babble read to one and all by that incompetent Lehigh field announcer. They are just one step beyond awful. The worst I've ever seen. Nothing abusive, off color, inflammatory, or in bad taste. Just awful. If they show up at Fisher head for the John, concession stand or parking deck. It's not worth the "What the he!! is this?" "God this is crap" that you will put yourself through.

Typical Ivy League nonsense.

Brown's band is equally as bad.

carney2
September 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM
[/B]

Van and I were looking for you at our tailgate...did you ever show? I left for kickoff at 12:10 p.m.

We did not stumble by your location until about that time. Could not locate the King of Tailgates banner or ID. Moved on to stand in line at the ticket window and again at the "turnstile." Barely made the kickoff. On the plus side, ran into an old friend who is a Princeton grad whilst in the ticket line. Some good came of the pregame festivities.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Oh... I thought the band did something in particular. The arrogance and idiocy of the band is well known and has long been on my dislike radar, like the Penn band. At least they kept the Marching 97 off the field.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Can anyone understand the Lehigh PA announcer? He muffles his speech and is audible as a NYC subway conductor.

Southsider
September 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM

I watched the entire game. Like I said earlier, 8 TO's and 21 offensive points. And 7 of those came on a very short field. Look, I like your team, and think they will have a very good year. And, I hope it propels them to greater things in the future with schollies. You really need to take off the maroon colored glasses once in awhile......

Franks Tanks
September 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I watched the entire game. Like I said earlier, 8 TO's and 21 offensive points. And 7 of those came on a very short field. Look, I like your team, and think they will have a very good year. And, I hope it propels them to greater things in the future with schollies. You really need to take off the maroon colored glasses once in awhile......

We were up 21-0 in the 1st 2 quarter. Between that and playing our back-up QB in his first ever game action the play calling was very conservative. Yes, we did not have an offensive explosion against Penn but we didn't have to. Bootm line is that the Pards beat a good CAA team and a top tier Ivy, and we controlled each game from start to finish.

carney2
September 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Can anyone understand the Lehigh PA announcer? He muffles his speech and is audible as a NYC subway conductor.

I can understand him. I just don't appreciate him. Besides the annoying voice, he does way too much of the NBA, WWF home team rah rah nonsense. Just give me the information I need and shut up. You're not a freakin' cheerleader. Makes me appreciate Lafayette's Jim Finnen all the more. And I tell Jim he's appreciated every time I see him. Finnen, by the way, started this gig in 1965. I hope he lives forever and stays up there in the booth at Fisher for every game I attend.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Saw the second half... you guys are.. 3-0...

Yes, we are! LOL

Finally got my recap together...

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/09/lehigh-17-princeton14-final.html

I will admit that Lehigh hasn't made it easy to recap their games this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
If you guys are upset by Princeton's band, just wait until Columbia's band shows.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Im kinda hoping for Liberty's band to make an appearance at Goodman Field eventually. I know we put on quite a show up at Lafayette in 2009.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Im kinda hoping for Liberty's band to make an appearance at Goodman Field eventually. I know we put on quite a show up at Lafayette in 2009.

I was there. That was not only a great show, but a great turnout by Liberty. It made for a great atmosphere that evening.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the kind words LFN. The band has made a lot of progress in the last few years. We actually had a kid march with The Cadets this summer. Also seeing them go with more recognizable songs has helped as well with the fans

Southsider
September 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM
We were up 21-0 in the 1st 2 quarter. Between that and playing our back-up QB in his first ever game action the play calling was very conservative. Yes, we did not have an offensive explosion against Penn but we didn't have to. Bootm line is that the Pards beat a good CAA team and a top tier Ivy, and we controlled each game from start to finish.

Couldn't agree with you more. But is was a good thing the game didn't last another few minutes.........BTW, tell P4L that when a team wins ugly, or beats a "cupcake", it still counts as a win!

Go...gate
September 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM

Exactly.

Pard4Life
September 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. But is was a good thing the game didn't last another few minutes.........BTW, tell P4L that when a team wins ugly, or beats a "cupcake", it still counts as a win!

Oh really? I thought they tallied such wins in the asterik column... my mistake.

I hope those cupcake wins make you soft for later...

ngineer
September 17th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I can understand him. I just don't appreciate him. Besides the annoying voice, he does way too much of the NBA, WWF home team rah rah nonsense. Just give me the information I need and shut up. You're not a freakin' cheerleader. Makes me appreciate Lafayette's Jim Finnen all the more. And I tell Jim he's appreciated every time I see him. Finnen, by the way, started this gig in 1965. I hope he lives forever and stays up there in the booth at Fisher for every game I attend.

No question Finnen is one of the best all-time announcers. We have been complaining about "mush mouth" for years, but they let him hang on and on. It's worse in Grace Hall at the wrestling matches where the sound bounces off the ceiling.

ngineer
September 17th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Oh... I thought the band did something in particular. The arrogance and idiocy of the band is well known and has long been on my dislike radar, like the Penn band. At least they kept the Marching 97 off the field.

For someone coming from a school that can barely put some "spirit band" in the stands, that's ridiculous. The Marching 97 put on a very good show and believe me, marching in continous patterns while playing takes a lot of work. Further, as virtually all are non-music majors, their performance is all the more impressive.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
For someone coming from a school that can barely put some "spirit band" in the stands, that's ridiculous. The Marching 97 put on a very good show and believe me, marching in continous patterns while playing takes a lot of work. Further, as virtually all are non-music majors, their performance is all the more impressive.

What a great point. Leopard fans complaining about a band is like the Leopard complaiing about C.J. McCollum - they'll never have one.

RichH2
September 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM
True LFN and funny. They do have gender studies, field hockey and the most PC campus south of Bennington and north of Swarthmore.

van
September 18th, 2012, 06:54 AM
True LFN and funny. They do have gender studies, field hockey and the most PC campus south of Bennington and north of Swarthmore.

And they are proud of that!