PDA

View Full Version : JMU 36 point underdogs

2caafans
September 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Five Dimes just posted a +36 1/2 point spread for WVU - JMU......no respect for FBS or JMU....big opportunity.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Take. The. Points. If gambling were legal, that is.

MTfan4life
September 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Five Dimes just posted a +36 1/2 point spread for WVU - JMU......no respect for FBS or JMU....big opportunity.

You do remember last year's Orange Bowl annihilation of Clemson, right? Also WVU is ranked in the top 10 in both polls right now. West Virginia won their first game over Marshall 69-34 also. Their defense may be suspect, but if JMU doesn't keep up offensively, it looks to be a long game.

asumike83
September 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't say a 36 point spread against a team who beat their first opponent by 35 is disrespect. It basically means the odds makers think JMU is right on par with a team like Marshall, which is probably about right.

JMUNJ08
September 12th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't say a 36 point spread against a team who beat their first opponent by 35 is disrespect. It basically means the odds makers think JMU is right on par with a team like Marshall, which is probably about right.

This. Just remember, we will probably run 60 times this game and throw 10. If we eat clock, may be under 100 combined points....

BEAR
September 12th, 2012, 06:20 PM
So what's the spread on the Oregon State v. Tennessee Tech game?

LSU v. Idaho is a 42 point spread...geez.

F'N Hawks
September 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
So what's the spread on the Oregon State v. Tennessee Tech game?

LSU v. Idaho is a 42 point spread...geez.

Oregon is favored by 53.

jmufan
September 12th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I may be a JMU fan, but I am also realistic, I would take the spread. But I hope we can keep it close.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 13th, 2012, 03:16 AM
I too think that we run the ball to run that clock out as fast as we can. The fewer touches for WVU the fewer points they can put up. Also, WVU ran up the score in part because Marshall's run D sucked. Not saying the Dukes are going to stop WVU's offense, but I do think they will have more challenges running the ball against JMU. However, they will probably carry over that 85% completion rate from last week. Although the Dukes play soft coverage underneath, JMU does tackle well. This again will keep the clock ticking.

I think the spread is fair. It's not disrespectful all things considered. But I do think JMU's chances are very high of beating that spread. Dae'quan not playing would make it tougher, but we are deep at RB. I mostly like Dae'quan's experience to hold on to the football. Preventing turnovers and forcing them from WVU is JMU's only shot at an upset. Just too much firepower in WVU's offense to try to keep up.

whitey
September 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
As much as I'd love to pull another upset this weekend I'm hoping MM sits Dae'quan Scott if he's not 100%. If he's 99% he should sit him out. Yes, we are deep at RB but Scott is game changer and I'd rather have him healthy for the conference stretch.

unigriff
September 13th, 2012, 08:26 AM
here is a good betting line....depending on which site/book you look at...Iowa is only a 6-9.5pt favorite over UNI this weekend.

PhoenixSupreme
September 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I'm actually going to the WVU - JMU game this weekend with my WVU buddy. I'm pretty torn on who to root for, since JMU is (or was) in-state for me as well as FCS, but I'm sitting with WVU people (which would make it hard to root for the other team).

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM

This. And Marshall was supposed to be the class of CUSA this year. heheh.

Dukie95
September 13th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I'm actually going to the WVU - JMU game this weekend with my WVU buddy. I'm pretty torn on who to root for, since JMU is (or was) in-state for me as well as FCS, but I'm sitting with WVU people (which would make it hard to root for the other team).

Doesn't matter, I guess. Since all rooting will pretty much be over from both sides in the second Q when WVU's up by 2 TDs.

sgt smash
September 13th, 2012, 10:58 AM
This. And Marshall was supposed to be the class of CUSA this year. heheh.

They better enjoy that title because in a couple of years UNCC is going to dominate the C-USA.

Sammy94
September 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Sammy is 27 1/2 point underdogs this weekend also.

citdog
September 13th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sammy is 27 1/2 point underdogs this weekend also.

i love sammies