PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Field -JMU Endzone

jmufan
September 12th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Got this from the JMU message boards. They are preparing the field.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/423909_4183001424738_2059181115_n.jpg

MplsBison
September 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Man that is sweet!

What's the word on the JMU board about the chances of winning this game?

Also what kind of fan turnout is expected and what ratio of JMU to WV? Should be good tailgating regardless!

jmu_duke07
September 12th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Man that is sweet!

Also what kind of fan turnout is expected and what ratio of JMU to WV? Should be good tailgating regardless!

Promoter of the event stated 45-50k but i think that may be an over exaggeration.

JMUNJ08
September 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Man that is sweet!

Last word was 20k WVU and 10k JMU. I think both will be a little higher but we ain't filling the joint sadly. But look at that field! Only way to make it better would to have it in the meadowlands...

moosbah
September 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Why does the grass already look like total crap there?????

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Why does the grass already look like total crap there?????

about 50 tons of man and equipment standing on those sidelines for hours at a time will do that.

moosbah
September 12th, 2012, 04:09 PM
about 50 tons of man and equipment standing on those sidelines for hours at a time will do that.

For what they charge to get into a Redskins game, they can do better. It's only friggin September.

jmufan
September 13th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Seems like game days that field is pristine. But I guess that is just good camera work.

Mr. C
September 13th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Anybody know of a cheap parking alternative for the game? Mr. C got stiffed for press parking. Won't get into that whole story here, but people can PM me if they want to learn more. Just glad to get a credential to cover the game at this point.

jmufan
September 13th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Couldn't tell ya, but I do know that parking is included in the ticket price. Maybe park at a subway station and side the subway to the park?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 13th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Mr. C - All the best on your coverage of the game! Glad to have you in the press corps for this one. JMU fans know WVU well enough to know that it will take a minor miracle to pull off an upset, but lightning can strike twice I suppose. Still, with good weather, WVU coming off a BYE and the possibility that Dae'quan Scott will not be playing certainly spells a recipe for a big WVU win.

As far as attendance, I think both fan bases were a bit stiffed by the costs of the game, which were basically the same as the cost to go to a Redskins game. I guess they needed to do something to cover the $2.3 million guarantee for WVU. There are thousands and thousands of alumni for both schools in the DC area. Had this game been sold for college football ticket prices, I think there would be more butts in the stands. Livingsocial.com helped down the stretch to push up the numbers, but I fear that deal was too little too late to have the kind of impact you would want for a game in an NFL stadium.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 13th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Anybody know of a cheap parking alternative for the game? Mr. C got stiffed for press parking. Won't get into that whole story here, but people can PM me if they want to learn more. Just glad to get a credential to cover the game at this point.

Where are you coming from? Maybe PM a JMU fan and get a ride in from some point near Landover, MD. I am sure you would get a response on the CAAZone.

Top Dawg
September 13th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Parking is free for this game, or at least already included in the price of a ticket. They said that your ticket would get you into the parking lots, I'm sure your press credential will as well. Additionally, with the amount of people who will be picking up tickets at will call and not have them in hand while entering, I can't see the attendants really checking for tickets while entering the lots.

superman7515
September 13th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I've always parked down near Jericho & Brightseat near the church for Redskins games and never had a problem.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the parking advice. Mr. C is coming in from Lincoln University (officiating/court managing a college volleyball tournament before the JMU/WVU game. I give JMU a better chance than many people do for this one. I'm not particularly a West Virginia fan for how they treated my friend Bill Stewart, either. I want to see JMU score another BCS scalp.

bluehenbillk
September 14th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the parking advice. Mr. C is coming in from Lincoln University (officiating/court managing a college volleyball tournament before the JMU/WVU game. I give JMU a better chance than many people do for this one. I'm not particularly a West Virginia fan for how they treated my friend Bill Stewart, either. I want to see JMU score another BCS scalp.

Lincoln University? Stop over for scrapple tomorrow morning!!

PhoenixSupreme
September 14th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Thank god parking is free w/ the ticket. I was worried about having actually look something up

Sam_Kats
September 14th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Good luck to JMU. Hope the Dukes get it done...

jmufan
September 15th, 2012, 07:46 AM
http://distilleryimage3.instagram.com/7a4a948cfea111e1ac5222000a1e9dcf_7.jpg