PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk State/ODU Series Signed

superman7515
September 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Norfolk State/ODU Football Series Made Official (http://hamptonroads.com/2012/09/norfolk-stateodu-football-series-made-official)

The athletic directors from ODU and NSU announced a new two-game football contract on Tuesday during a press conference at the Norfolk Sheraton Waterside.

The Monarchs will play at NSU on Oct. 26, 2013, a game that fills a vacancy in a difficult-to-fill schedule for Old Dominion and promises to fill Dick Price Stadium. In return, the Spartans will visit Old Dominion two years later on Sept. 12, 2015.

"What we're trying to do is create goodwill," Miller said. "Goodwill between the schools and in the community. Our fans are excited and our student-athletes are excited. It's an asset to the city of Norfolk."

Besides goodwill, the home-and-home agreement is anchored in good business, with each team keeping the ticket sales from its home game.

The game at NSU provides Norfolk State the potential to sell out its first home game since the inaugural game at Dick Price Stadium in 1997, a result that could bring in as much as $600,000.........

superman7515
September 12th, 2012, 07:39 AM
This means that in 2015, Norfolk State's non-conference schedule will be against three FBS teams: Rutgers, Marshall, and Old Dominion.

DFW HOYA
September 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Old Dominion continues to do a lot of things right with its program, so all the credit goes to them.

DSUrocks07
September 12th, 2012, 09:56 AM
This means that in 2015, Norfolk State's non-conference schedule will be against three FBS teams: Rutgers, Marshall, and Old Dominion.

Coincides with them dropping D2 Virginia State, hell of an OOC schedule. But could honestly be competitive in all three games.

narc
September 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Ha, I considered posting this yesterday but I didn't think anyone outside of Norfolk would care. I think it's great and I wouldn't mind if ODU and NSU continued the series well into the future. Hampton Roads in general and the southside in particular is crazy about football so these games may continue to be the hardest to get football ticket in town.

BluBengal07
September 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
great move by the two local institutions.

kdinva
September 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Could add up to approx. $1M in guarantees......

superman7515
September 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Old Dominion continues to do a lot of things right with its program, so all the credit goes to them.

Yeah, I'm sure it just fell into the laps of Norfolk State and they had nothing to do with it at all...

nwFL Griz
September 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Ha, I considered posting this yesterday but I didn't think anyone outside of Norfolk would care. I think it's great and I wouldn't mind if ODU and NSU continued the series well into the future. Hampton Roads in general and the southside in particular is crazy about football so these games may continue to be the hardest to get football ticket in town.

Love schedule news. Post whatever you know, don't hold back!!

GOODY26
September 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
At this time it was the right thing to do.xnodx

BucBisonAtLarge
September 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Somebody with vision at two programs in the same area code... a high tide should float all ships... Really well-done!