PDA

View Full Version : jerry moore lifted suspensions

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 07:54 AM
http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2012/sep/06/asus-moore-lifts-suspensions-for-lott-price-ar-2584601/

didnt see this posted, but varner, hartzell, smith and the mocs beat guy reported on it. jerry moore suspended these guys for two games. originally was supposed to be ecu and then montana. but, last week lifted it and delayed the 2nd game until this week and let them play against montana.

did they make a difference?

cbarrier90
September 11th, 2012, 08:01 AM
http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2012/sep/06/asus-moore-lifts-suspensions-for-lott-price-ar-2584601/

didnt see this posted, but varner, hartzell, smith and the mocs beat guy reported on it. jerry moore suspended these guys for two games. originally was supposed to be ecu and then montana. but, last week lifted it and delayed the 2nd game until this week and let them play against montana.

did they make a difference?

Why, yes. They made a difference.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Only a week late to the party.

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 08:08 AM
hahahahaha

thats reaching? tell it to the socon beat writers. all i did was state the obvious. the moral and ethical jerry more lifted suspensions of needed players in a key game.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
hahahahaha

thats reaching? tell it to the socon beat writers. all i did was state the obvious. the moral and ethical jerry more lifted suspensions of needed players in a key game.

You dont even know what they did. Your desperation is embarrassing.

Gringer1
September 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/Icemonk_2008/JerryExplanation.jpg

?

asumike83
September 11th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I disagree with the move and have said so on the App boards as well. That being said, this happened a week ago and the game is over now. Price had a very good game but I don't think he is the reason we won.

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 08:23 AM
haha its not a week, this was published last friday. xrolleyesx

deperation, nah! hahaha, its pointing out the double standard that is app, app fans and jerry moore. xrolleyesx

sorry asumike i like you, but this deserves its own thread. because the results of this apply to this weeks game too and this points out to a larger problem in your football organization, especially with the way things were handled last year too.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM

The article that YOU linked is dated Sept. 6th, you moron. You wanna argue about 1 day's difference have at it. I guess when your team provides nothing for you to talk about, you must go out and run your mouth somehow.

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Only a week late to the party.

sept 6 to Sept 11 is not a week

The article that YOU linked is dated Sept. 6th, you moron. You wanna argue about 1 day's difference have at it. I guess when your team provides nothing for you to talk about, you must go out and run your mouth somehow.

if you sat and thought about things, you would realize the story is written the day before it goes in print. 5 days is not a week and then this. whos the moron again?

that fact that you guys are getting so testy means the is really hitting a sore spot. wow.

asucrutch23
September 11th, 2012, 08:32 AM

deperation, nah! hahaha, its pointing out the double standard that is app, app fans and jerry moore. xrolleyesx

sorry asumike i like you, but this deserves its own thread. because the results of this apply to this weeks game too and this points out to a larger problem in your football organization, especially with the way things were handled last year too.

It certainly raised a red flag to me as well. I didn't like the decision, but if Coach Moore says the team rules are missing 2 of the first 4 games, I have no reason not to believe that. But come on, man. You're just trolling here. You said "win at all costs." Win at all costs would have meant letting them play at ECU as well. You don't know what these kids did.

ASUG8
September 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM

Most App comments I've read disagreed with the decision. They aren't hard for you to dig up if you've got a couple of minutes.

How's the view from way up high there? Don't you guys have some knees to take out? xcoffeex

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
It certainly raised a red flag to me as well. I didn't like the decision, but if Coach Moore says the team rules are missing 2 of the first 4 games, I have no reason not to believe that. But come on, man. You're just trolling here. You said "win at all costs." Win at all costs would have meant letting them play at ECU as well. You don't know what these kids did.

does it matter what they did. the punishment was changed.

i did say win at all costs. this is now the second year running where the staff has questionable taken care of punishment of key players.

ASUG8
September 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM

i did say win at all costs. this is now the second year running where the staff has questionable taken care of punishment of key players.

Please elaborate, and don't be afraid to use capital letters.

Saint3333
September 11th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Actually the punishment hasn't changed.

The punishment was 2 of the first 4 games as stated above. While I disagree with rules that lend to subjectivity, those players will serve the punishment of 2 of the first 4 games.

Players were not allowed to play last year and were kicked off the team, what else did you want them to do?

asucrutch23
September 11th, 2012, 08:47 AM

The team rule is missing 2 of the first 4 games. That's the punishment. They were originally going to miss ECU and Montana, but it's been decided they learned a lesson and were allowed to play in the home opener.

If you think Coach Moore is just picking and choosing which games to suspend the players, you are underestimating how badly we wanted to win at ECU and how much Coach Moore values a SoCon title. They will miss The Citadel or Chatty games which are more important for the success of this team than the Montana game.

There didn't have to be any suspension at all, it was a TEAM rule. "Win at all costs" would mean these players would have been allowed to play at ECU.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 08:47 AM
sept 6 to Sept 11 is not a week

if you sat and thought about things, you would realize the story is written the day before it goes in print. 5 days is not a week and then this. whos the moron again?

that fact that you guys are getting so testy means the is really hitting a sore spot. wow.

Sept. 6 is a PUBLISH date smart guy. You dont date an article the day before its posted or printed.. Read it, it says "PUBLISHED: Sept. 6"

This was posted and talked about, on SEPT 6TH.
http://www.yosefscabin.com/mountaineermessageboard/?sid=3db9b063a95211e9137a7db20af926ff

If you dont know what youre talking about, why BS? If it was written the day before published like you suggest that WOULD make it a week. You are 100% genius.

AshevilleApp2
September 11th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Non-issue

chattownmocs
September 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Lol. 2 of the first 4 games? That's honestly the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. When you are punished you serve your punishment until it is completed and then you come back. Shows they are truly scared of Chattanooga that they held them out of East Carolina so they could play against the Mocs.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Shows they are truly scared of Chattanooga that they held them out of East Carolina so they could play against the Mocs.

Yes, we were afraid we'd only squeak by the Moc's by 2 TDs, and that would drag us down in the Sagarin.

ASUG8
September 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Yes, we were afraid we'd only squeak by the Moc's by 2 TDs, and that would drag us down in the Sagarin.

What you're referring to (ASU up by 14 pts) is a ChattownMocs victory.

asumike83
September 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Coach Moore did not change or break any rules. However, the '2 of 4' rule is pointless. The rule should be that a 2-game suspension is served in consecutive games. In my opinion, regardless of how the rule was written, he should have sat them against Montana to make a point. From what I understand, the infractions were minor and playing Lott in the secondary saved a redshirt year for one of our freshmen but I still do not like the message it sends.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM
What you're referring to (ASU up by 14 pts) is a ChattownMocs victory.

Lol, I forgot.

Apphole
September 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM

Double standard? So Jerry keeps other team's players suspended for important games?

Apphole
September 11th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Shows they are truly scared of Chattanooga that they held them out of East Carolina so they could play against the Mocs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OstRBLG5n3c

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Double standard? So Jerry keeps other team's players suspended for important games?

That guy doesnt even know what a publish date is.

I dont even want to know what theyre not teaching these kids in school anymore.

Apphole
September 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
That guy doesnt even know what a publish date is.

I dont even want to know what theyre not teaching these kids in school anymore.

He still hasn't found the shift key either.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
He still hasn't found the shift key either.

Hmm, physical disability maybe? Could be he hasnt any thumbs!

ASUG8
September 11th, 2012, 09:51 AM
If I read this correctly so far, here's the score:

Elon fan, ChattownMocs - disagree vehemently with the call
ASU fans - disagree with the arbitrary nature of the "2 of 4" games call

Seems like we're on the same side, just to varying degrees.

/thread

theasushow
September 11th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I don't think he is afraid of anything...just ask 2007 starting corner Justin Woazeah how well he played in the 2007 National Championship. We all know that these coaches have to deal with issues every season, VT's kicker was charged with armed robbery last year, and he kicked the game winning field goal against GT on labor day last week. At the end of the day Frank Beamer knew he needed his kicker to help his football team....and that won out.

AppAlum2003
September 11th, 2012, 10:17 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Jerry can do what he wants with his own suspensions. He suspended these kids, not the university, not the NCAA. If he decides to suspend them two games and then reevaluates after the first game, that's fine with me.

Sometimes I'll have to punish my daughter for a week. If she behaves pretty well during that period of time, I'll let her off punishment a day early. If anything, it's a motivator for her. Our federal prison system does the same thing, right? :)

Also, for everyone screaming from the rooftops that Jerry is such a terrible person for this... do any of you know what these kids did? Clearly it's not a drug or crime issue because the NCAA is not involved. This was some sort of violation of team rules. Hopefully both young men learned from their mistakes and will come out better for it.

ASUMountaineer
September 11th, 2012, 11:07 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Jerry can do what he wants with his own suspensions. He suspended these kids, not the university, not the NCAA. If he decides to suspend them two games and then reevaluates after the first game, that's fine with me.

Sometimes I'll have to punish my daughter for a week. If she behaves pretty well during that period of time, I'll let her off punishment a day early. If anything, it's a motivator for her. Our federal prison system does the same thing, right? :)

Also, for everyone screaming from the rooftops that Jerry is such a terrible person for this... do any of you know what these kids did? Clearly it's not a drug or crime issue because the NCAA is not involved. This was some sort of violation of team rules. Hopefully both young men learned from their mistakes and will come out better for it.

Wait. You're telling me that people on AGS are making assumptions about someone's character without all of the facts? I call BS, major BS.

cbarrier90
September 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
all i did was state the obvious. the moral and ethical jerry more lifted suspensions of needed players in a key game.

No. What you're doing is bringing this issue, a minor one at best, up in conversation to paint ASU in a negative light by blowing it out of proportion. Your disdain of ASU is well documented on this board and petty threads like this only serve to show your sheer bitterness.

As a wise man once said: "Haters gonna hate."

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 11:49 AM
No. What you're doing is bringing this issue, a minor one at best, up in conversation to paint ASU in a negative light by blowing it out of proportion. Your disdain of ASU is well documented on this board and petty threads like this only serve to show your sheer bitterness.

As a wise man once said: "Haters gonna hate."

all i did was post a bit of relevant news. and you guys have had a near 4 page meltdown over it, including some personal attacks and full fledged go for the knees comment, which was roughly 4 years ago now.

the story itself paints app in a negative light, i just merely put it up for everyone to see. well, you know, like app fans do to everyone else. have a problem with it, take it up with jerry moore, hes the one that did it.

otherwise, you guys can dish it out but you cant take it. get a thicker skin.

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 11:53 AM

violation of team rules is a broad statement. to assume it is terrible or not is not for me or you to decide. and you cant assume that it isnt something serious just because the ncaa or police arent involved, maybe they are, you have no idea and neither do i.

AppAlum2003
September 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
violation of team rules is a broad statement. to assume it is terrible or not is not for me or you to decide. and you cant assume that it isnt something serious just because the ncaa or police arent involved, maybe they are, you have no idea and neither do i.

It's a violation of team rules, thus it's being handled in-house. It has nothing to do with you or any other school. Begone, troll.

ASUG8
September 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
all i did was post a bit of relevant news. and you guys have had a near 4 page meltdown over it, including some personal attacks and full fledged go for the knees comment, which was roughly 4 years ago now.

the story itself paints app in a negative light, i just merely put it up for everyone to see. well, you know, like app fans do to everyone else. have a problem with it, take it up with jerry moore, hes the one that did it.

If a bunch of App fans agreeing with you to a slightly lesser extent constitutes a "meltdown" I'd hate to see what happens when one of us gets PO'd. xtroublex The skin gets pretty thick with some of the barbs directed our way, and something like this isn't going to make any App fan go to Defcon 1 - it's an internal matter that doesn't even impact you or your team, and it's doubtful that anyone on this board knows if it was anything more devastating than being late to practice or a team meeting.

Team rules were broken, Jerry's handling it in house as he sees fit. The Montana folks (who were actually directly impacted by this potentially) didn't make as big a deal out of it as you have.

asucrutch23
September 11th, 2012, 12:31 PM
If a bunch of App fans agreeing with you to a slightly lesser extent constitutes a "meltdown" I'd hate to see what happens when one of us gets PO'd. xtroublex The skin gets pretty thick with some of the barbs directed our way, and something like this isn't going to make any App fan go to Defcon 1 - it's an internal matter that doesn't even impact you or your team, and it's doubtful that anyone on this board knows if it was anything more devastating than being late to practice or a team meeting.

Team rules were broken, Jerry's handling it in house as he sees fit. The Montana folks (who were actually directly impacted by this potentially) didn't make as big a deal out of it as you have.

This. And I'd love to know what you're talking about when you say "well, you know, like app fans do to everyone else."

Oh yeah, and here's some help:

Or if you're on an IPhone:

There you go, now you might be taken more seriously! xthumbsupx

Apphole
September 11th, 2012, 12:33 PM
This. And I'd love to know what you're talking about when you say "well, you know, like app fans do to everyone else."

Oh yeah, and here's some help:

Or if you're on an IPhone:

There you go, now you might be taken more seriously! xthumbsupx

Judging by his join date, he's got a whole year of caps lock to compensate.

ASUMountaineer
September 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM

Do you know what the players did? If not, then your opinion is really not valid (same with everyone else). I don't know what they did. Jerry benched a starter for the National Championship game in 2007, so I don't see him suddenly switching course to cater to troublemakers. I trust JM to do the right thing. As a result, I will let him handle it as I don't know enough to form a valid opinion. Reason is something you should check out.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Well, purely from a fan perspective, I am glad to have two full strength teams hammer it out last week in what was, from most reports, a great game between two FCS powers. This flavor of 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' is much preferable to tainting that game with a reduced roster and the sort of second-guessing that would have followed. App and Montana don't play every year.

chattownmocs
September 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM
The fact that ole jerry has the right to do whatever he wants doesn't make the idea of picking and choosing which games to suspend a player rather than the next two any less asinine. The idea of it is very comical.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
The fact that ole jerry has the right to do whatever he wants doesn't make the idea of picking and choosing which games to suspend a player rather than the next two any less asinine. The idea of it is very comical.

From an expert on comical and asinine no less.

biggie
September 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
One thing not really thought about is the teaching factor, which JM always stresses. The Montana game with all the hype and opponent was a good oppurtunity for Price to have his first start as a RS Freshman and see if he can handle it.

But simply the rule was 2 of the first 4 games, it was internal so nothing external could have a say over it (NCAA, etc). The staff saw a need to use the rule as needed.

Pobably didn't think the El Cit game would be as big as it looks to be when the decision was made though either.

HLNgriz
September 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I don't have anything to add, just thought I would be the first Griz fan to post on this thread. This seems like a family matter. Great game, congrats ASU!

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Do you know what the players did? If not, then your opinion is really not valid (same with everyone else). I don't know what they did. Jerry benched a starter for the National Championship game in 2007, so I don't see him suddenly switching course to cater to troublemakers. I trust JM to do the right thing. As a result, I will let him handle it as I don't know enough to form a valid opinion. Reason is something you should check out.

theres a big difference between benching a player in a game your a heavily favored for to pulling someone off a suspension for a game that has playoff implications. sorry just not buying it.

oh yeah! ole jerry had initially stated the suspensions were for game 1 and 2 and then changed it. sure, still meets his 2 of 4 rule, but conveniently goes against his own plan!

go for the knees eh!

asumike83
September 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM
theres a big difference between benching a player in a game your a heavily favored for to pulling someone off a suspension for a game that has playoff implications. sorry just not buying it.

It was the National Championship game, I'd say there were playoff implications. That was against a Joe Flacco led Delaware squad with 11 wins. Nobody expected us to blow the doors off of them like we did, myself included. The kid he suspended was a senior all-conference cornerback and his violation was not major by any means.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Look! The guy that doesnt know what a publishing date is, is back!

fc97
September 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Look! The guy that doesnt know what a publishing date is, is back!

lol, you guys are as bad as politicians and mplsbison. hold on to anything to deflect from the truth and the facts.

youve gone full blown retarded on this thread!

Silenoz
September 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Well, purely from a fan perspective, I am glad to have two full strength teams hammer it out last week in what was, from most reports, a great game between two FCS powers. This flavor of 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' is much preferable to tainting that game with a reduced roster and the sort of second-guessing that would have followed. App and Montana don't play every year.
Must... resist...

Nope, not going to go there. Again, congrats App!

asumike83
September 11th, 2012, 03:04 PM
lol, you guys are as bad as politicians and mplsbison. hold on to anything to deflect from the truth and the facts.

You NEVER go full retard!

http://www.anjulivelazquez.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/robertdowneyjr-tropicthunder.jpg

cbarrier90
September 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Must... resist...

Nope, not going to go there. Again, congrats App!

I will. Three players (all defense) that would have started in this game for ASU were kicked off the team last season. In addition, Middleton (S) and Chisholm (RB) among other injuries were absent. ASU also completely revamped its coaching staff with the exception of DC and HC. You'll recall ASU had some issues of their own last season, albeit not as severe as UM's. I, too, wish this game could have taken place without each team's respective scandals, suspensions and, at least in UM's case, firings.

In the end, it was a great football game that shouldn't be remembered for any officiating calls or absences. As an ASU fan, I don't recall any notable calls that changed the game in favor of UM in 2009. I just remember a great game with a gut-wrenching conclusion.

On a side note, I love how fc97 started the thread attempting to troll ASU and instead ended up the one completely ticked off.

asucrutch23
September 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Come on, just one capital letter. I know you can do it.

Grizo406
September 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I talked with a ton of ASU fans in Greenville, SC, and Boone, NC this past week. Some of them are AGS posters, the majority weren't.

When this subject came up, and it did quite a bit, every single one of them was against Coach Moore lifting the suspensions.

Regardless of him doing it, and maybe I'm still a little star struck after spending 30-45 minutes with him and his wife, I still have nothing but the utmost respect for him, the Appalachian State football program, and their fans!xnodxxbowxxbowx

fc97
September 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
call it trolling if you want, attack me too if you want, its still a message board, its still a true article and it still applies in that it affects your game this weekend.

post a story about app as a non-app = trolling
post a story about anyone else as app = harmless smack

carry on guys, carry on, lol

AshevilleApp2
September 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
call it trolling if you want, attack me too if you want, its still a message board, its still a true article and it still applies in that it affects your game this weekend.

Okay.

Apps03
September 12th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Classic GP. Stir the pot, then play the victim. Well done sir.

AppAlum2003
September 12th, 2012, 07:48 AM

Regardless of your defense mechanisms, give me one good reason why you posted the article. If it's anything other than "I want to bash ASU," you're lying.

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM

oh yeah! ole jerry had initially stated the suspensions were for game 1 and 2 and then changed it. sure, still meets his 2 of 4 rule, but conveniently goes against his own plan!

go for the knees eh!

xlolx Pettiness...it's what's for dinner. Carry on, carry on.

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It was the National Championship game, I'd say there were playoff implications. That was against a Joe Flacco led Delaware squad with 11 wins. Nobody expected us to blow the doors off of them like we did, myself included. The kid he suspended was a senior all-conference cornerback and his violation was not major by any means.

His hatred (love affair) of ASU is laughable.

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM

What facts are "we" deflecting? I don't know what the players were accused of. Apparently, the rule was 2 of the first 4 games, and that rule is being adhered to. There appears to be no alleged legal or NCAA violations.

The only fact we know is that originally JM had planned to suspend them for the first 2 games and then decided to do it differently. I find it hilarious that you take this one fact and are adding in your own assumptions to try to paint JM in a negative light. Am I to understand that you have never changed your mind?

Saint3333
September 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
One of the reasons for the change in games was injuries suffered during the ECU game. Rather than make other players suffer (taking off their redshirt) Coach Moore elected not to suspend the players for Montana.

I personally don't like the 2 out of 4 rule, but setting up rules isn't my call.

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2012, 10:06 AM
To pretend that simply having such an outlandish policy like this in place doesnt reflect on the character of a coach is another low in stupidity of the blind app homers. It also shows a complete lack of respect for the citadel.

GlassOnion
September 12th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Funny, but when Scott Riddle started throwing punches on the baseball diamond, He wasnt suspended from the football team by Elon.

Thats sounds bad to me...

Waco Kid
September 12th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I didn't like the call to let them play, but I don't think an Elon fan should be worried about something that has no affect on the flaming birds. Montana fans would have a legit complaint, but they aren't nearly as worked up over this as you.

GlassOnion
September 12th, 2012, 10:09 AM
To pretend that simply having such an outlandish policy like this in place doesnt reflect on the character of a coach is another low in stupidity of the blind app homers. It also shows a complete lack of respect for the citadel.

Maybe he should just start his son as QB instead. Nothing like a policy in which a head coach brings his own son in, jerks the starting QB after the first series, and then acting bewildered when the other guys quits.

Apphole
September 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I didn't like the call to let them play, but I don't think an Elon fan should be worried about something that has no affect on the flaming birds. Montana fans would have a legit complaint, but they aren't nearly as worked up over this as you.

That's because Montana is a dignified fanbase, not some butt hurt anti-ASU troll who's a fan of a terrible football school.

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Maybe he should just start his son as QB instead. Nothing like a policy in which a head coach brings his own son in, jerks the starting QB after the first series, and then acting bewildered when the other guys quits.

What a sad, desperate, pathetic, factually innacurre post.

Gringer1
September 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM

Hues man did play his son. Robinson did start the game and was replaced. Robinson later quit, only to rejoin. Please tell me where there's anything inaccurate in his post.

GlassOnion
September 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Since when have you cared about fact? I was of the impression that you were mortally opposed to fact.

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2012, 12:37 PM

xlolx All I heard was xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx I hate App State! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

The only thing "low in stupidity" would be you if you're questioning the character of Jerry Moore. Not only would you be in a very small minority (you and fc97--what company to be with), you're also just flat out wrong. Jerry has built his whole career around integrity, why would he throw it all away now for one game? I know you're trolling, but you've got better stuff than this.

PaulsonStadium
September 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/Icemonk_2008/JerryExplanation.jpg
indeed

GlassOnion
September 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
indeed

Ask other Georgia Southern fans if The Citadel is an important game.

ASUMountaineer
September 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM

Perhaps if GSU had thought it was an important game they'd be 1-0 in the SoCon today.

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM

obviously Jerry doesn't think it is important as a non-conference game. Or more likely he feels confident that he doesn't need those guys. Either way a slap in the face of the Citadel. Not that I blame him, they are pretty weak but you have to go with the conference games if you are going with this laughable policy.

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
xlolx All I heard was xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx I hate App State! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

The only thing "low in stupidity" would be you if you're questioning the character of Jerry Moore. Not only would you be in a very small minority (you and fc97--what company to be with), you're also just flat out wrong. Jerry has built his whole career around integrity, why would he throw it all away now for one game? I know you're trolling, but you've got better stuff than this.

There is no way you can claim to have integrity with a policy like this. If no one else can see how absolutely absurd the idea of this is than I am glad to be in the minority. That means the majority are idiots.

Apphole
September 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM
the majority are idiots.

For someone's signature...

Rekdiver
September 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM
No wait. We are reinstating them for the Citadel game and suspending them for the Furman and GSU games........Call out the troops this is a terrible thing!

Skjellyfetti
September 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
It could be that he is suspending them for ECU and Chattanooga as they are both away games... and letting them play the home games in between.

Could be a minor thing concerning class attendance or grades where they are still eligible, but he is punishing them before their grades get out of control to get them in line and keep them elibible. Away games would make them miss classes, home games would not.

I don't know that this is what is going on, but no one really knows the story... including those that are casting stones.

GATA
September 12th, 2012, 09:19 PM
It could be that he is suspending them for ECU and Chattanooga as they are both away games... and letting them play the home games in between.

Could be a minor thing concerning class attendance or grades where they are still eligible, but he is punishing them before their grades get out of control to get them in line and keep them elibible. Away games would make them miss classes, home games would not.

I don't know that this is what is going on, but no one really knows the story... including those that are casting stones.

Jerry Moore is a feeble old man...

DJOM
September 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Coach at Drake has suspended half of the team for 2 games for violating team rules. Seems the young men were drinking alcohol on Saturday night before the first game of the season which was on a Thursday night.

Skjellyfetti
September 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM

Erk Russell is worm food. xcoffeex

AppAlum2003
September 13th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Classy...

Why don't you go sit over there with seantaylor and stew in your own anger?

AppAlum2003
September 13th, 2012, 07:18 AM

But! But! They're making a low-budget direct-to-dvd(not blu ray) movie about his life that only Georgia Southern fans will ever see!

Eaglesrus
September 13th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Perhaps if GSU had thought it was an important game they'd be 1-0 in the SoCon today.

Classy...

Why don't you go sit over there with seantaylor and stew in your own anger?

But! But! They're making a low-budget direct-to-dvd(not blu ray) movie about his life that only Georgia Southern fans will ever see!

Yeah, if we had thought that The Citadel was a more important game maybe we would have lifted the guy who would have started as our middle linebacker's suspension. Nope, don't think so.

Then there's the concept of pointing out that a post is classless followed by some even less so.

AppAlum2003
September 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, if we had thought that The Citadel was a more important game maybe we would have lifted the guy who would have started as our middle linebacker's suspension. Nope, don't think so.

Then there's the concept of pointing out that a post is classless followed by some even less so.

So making fun of a movie concept is somehow worse than referring to someone at a "feeble old man"... I'm so lost.

Eaglesrus
September 13th, 2012, 09:06 AM
So making fun of a movie concept is somehow worse than referring to someone at a "feeble old man"... I'm so lost.

On the surface maybe not, but I'd say that piling on after reference the comment about worm food is.

asumike83
September 13th, 2012, 10:28 AM
... and the game is still a month and a half away!

xpopcornx

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 10:32 AM
... and the game is still a month and a half away!

xpopcornx

I wont be able to make it, I'll be waiting at that Walmart 2 for $5 Dvd bin, waiting for that movie... :p

ASUMountaineer
September 13th, 2012, 12:43 PM
There is no way you can claim to have integrity with a policy like this. If no one else can see how absolutely absurd the idea of this is than I am glad to be in the minority. That means the majority are idiots.

xlolx You don't even know why they were suspended. The only people that look like idiots are the ones casting stones with no knowledge as to why. If you're including me in your name calling, I'm honored that we think differently.

chattownmocs
September 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM
xlolx You don't even know why they were suspended. The only people that look like idiots are the ones casting stones with no knowledge as to why. If you're including me in your name calling, I'm honored that we think differently.

Well, you shouldn't be, but then again you are too slow to understand that the obvious story here is the policy itself. Why they were suspended is meaningless. The fact that the coach has a policy that allows him to pick and choose the games to suspend his player is the issue. But the idea that a coach with a policy like this would suspend players 2 games for something "minor" is pretty illogical.

ASUMountaineer
September 13th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Well, you shouldn't be, but then again you are too slow to understand that the obvious story here is the policy itself. Why they were suspended is meaningless. The fact that the coach has a policy that allows him to pick and choose the games to suspend his player is the issue. But the idea that a coach with a policy like this would suspend players 2 games for something "minor" is pretty illogical.

I like how you resort to name calling when bested. xlolx The sad thing is that I don't necessarily disagree, I just don't know all of the facts. Because of that, I am not placing judgment, and I'm trusting JM is operating on the up-and-up--as he always has. What I know is that JM has a policy that he will suspend the players for two games within the first four. I also know that he had originally planned for them to be suspended for the first two games, but changed his mind. Jerry has proven numerous times over the years to be a person of high integrity. I have no reason to dismiss that now.

Nevertheless, what's illogical is speaking in absolutes without knowing the facts. You've never been one to care for facts, so at least you're consistent. You desperately want something to bash ASU about because Chatty hasn't been able to beat them on the field, so for that I'm happy for you.

14-12

Accelerati Incredibilus
September 14th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Been around ASU athletics for20+ years and never heard of a 2 in 4 option prior to the ECU game. The violations of a school policy took place when the players returned from Spring Break. This particular offense carries a mandatory two game suspension. Word circulating around town is the staff came up with the two in four option idea but Thursday prior to the ECU game were told it would be the first two games. That decision was overturned higher up the food chain prior to the Montana game. Most do not realize there is a third suspended player involved but evidently not important enough to have his suspension lifted. The publicity surrounding a string of player dismissals and suspensions that reach back over the past 14 months and Coach Moore’s son being fired by the AD – because Jerry would not - has ruffled a lot of feathers on campus and in town. The once revered Jerry Moore has lost a lot of respect on campus, in Boone and with alumni.

asumike83
September 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Been around ASU athletics for20+ years and never heard of a 2 in 4 option prior to the ECU game. The violations of a school policy took place when the players returned from Spring Break. This particular offense carries a mandatory two game suspension. Word circulating around town is the staff came up with the two in four option idea but Thursday prior to the ECU game were told it would be the first two games. That decision was overturned higher up the food chain prior to the Montana game. Most do not realize there is a third suspended player involved but evidently not important enough to have his suspension lifted. The publicity surrounding a string of player dismissals and suspensions that reach back over the past 14 months and Coach Moore’s son being fired by the AD – because Jerry would not - has ruffled a lot of feathers on campus and in town. The once revered Jerry Moore has lost a lot of respect on campus, in Boone and with alumni.

I do know the third player you're talking about and I disagree with how this whole situation was handled. That being said, I think this particular issue has been blown out of proportion a bit. I cannot speak for anyone except myself but while I understand that Jerry is human and has made mistakes, I still have great respect for him. The positive things he has done for our university far outweigh his mistakes, in my opinion.