PDA

View Full Version : New NDSU Bison football commercial.

TheBisonator
July 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM
As far as I know, this commercial is shown statewide.

Here's the link. Click on the "256 kbps" link under "Football:

http://www.gobison.com/club/Club.dbml?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=2400&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Whaddya think?? I think it's a step up from even last years, IMO, because Coach Bohl is the announcer, and not some dry, faceless narrator.

griz37
July 20th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Wow, pretty cool. I wish the Griz did something like this.

Toppertonic
July 20th, 2006, 11:56 PM
decent

RabidRabbit
July 21st, 2006, 07:38 AM
Good Stuff Herd! xlolx

bluehenbillk
July 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
Nice job, I like it. I'd love to see Delaware do something like that, it's rare that we do much marketing.

GeauxColonels
July 21st, 2006, 01:09 PM
I feel the same way. Maybe we should all forward this link to our respective ADs to show them how it's done!

Ronbo
July 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM

We would 37 if we needed to sell season tickets. As it is there is a huge waiting list so it would be a waste of money.

Cap'n Cat
July 21st, 2006, 03:25 PM
We would 37 if we needed to sell season tickets. As it is there is a huge waiting list so it would be a waste of money.

: smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh :

I understood ya, 37.

slostang
July 21st, 2006, 03:28 PM
Then build more seats!!!

Ronbo
July 21st, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hold on just a minute. The commercial is to sell season tickets or tickets in general. Montana sells out every game by over 400 tickets standing room only without an expensive commercial running on TV.

What would the reason be to spend a couple hundred thousand bucks doing one and running it on TV?

TheBisonator
July 21st, 2006, 04:22 PM
Hold on just a minute. The commercial is to sell season tickets or tickets in general. Montana sells out every game by over 400 tickets standing room only without an expensive commercial running on TV.

What would the reason be to spend a couple hundred thousand bucks doing one and running it on TV?

NDSU is running these commercials specificcaly because we need to increase ticket sales.

We have about 6,500 season tickets sold for 2006, but we could really do better.

Tod
July 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Very nice! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Pantherpower
July 21st, 2006, 05:04 PM
A quality commercial from a quality program. Well done!

GrizFoo
July 21st, 2006, 05:54 PM
I too like the commercial and wish the Griz would do something similar, even though we are the almighty Montana Grizzlies who have perfected every aspect of the game and can learn nothing from the rest of I-AA, who are all lower tier and not worthy of our wee, even if on fire. Bow down, and don't dare post something good about your program, because the Griz have already done it better...recognize!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Go Poly
July 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
Great marketing piece. Cal Poly did one last year that was pretty good...don't know if it helped with ticket sales or not. The apathy in SLO is tiresome. I hope the stadium upgrades help!

Mountain Panther
July 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
As far as I know, this commercial is shown statewide.

Here's the link. Click on the "256 kbps" link under "Football:

http://www.gobison.com/club/Club.dbml?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=2400&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Whaddya think?? I think it's a step up from even last years, IMO, because Coach Bohl is the announcer, and not some dry, faceless narrator.

Nice. Do all your tailgaters wear ties? Must be a very classy, sophisticated environment.

NorthDakotaBison
July 22nd, 2006, 11:44 AM
........and blow horns. :)

X-Factor
July 22nd, 2006, 02:06 PM
NDSU is running these commercials specificcaly because we need to increase ticket sales.

We have about 6,500 season tickets sold for 2006, but we could really do better.

any idea if that figure is up from last year at this time? Hopefully we can at least continue the yearly trend of 1000+ extra in the seats every game.

bisonguy
July 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM
any idea if that figure is up from last year at this time? Hopefully we can at least continue the yearly trend of 1000+ extra in the seats every game.

I'm pretty sure there were 5,500-6,000 season tickets last year. I remember something on WDAY where they stated there were almost 5,000 season tickets sold, and they were expecting about 5,500.