PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs Liberty

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
There's a good chance I'll be able to go to the game next weekend. I was wondering what the ticket situation is looking like. Also, any additional info that can be provided on attending a game in Missoula would be greatly appreciated.

I've always wanted to get to a game up there and with Liberty playing Lehigh the following week this seems like the perfect time to do it.

THE DANIMAL
September 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
There's a good chance I'll be able to go to the game next weekend. I was wondering what the ticket situation is looking like. Also, any additional info that can be provided on attending a game in Missoula would be greatly appreciated.

I've always wanted to get to a game up there and with Liberty playing Lehigh the following week this seems like the perfect time to do it.

I am about sure there will not be any single game tickets available....if there is they will go on sale sometime next week and it will just be the extra tickets that Liberty sends back that they did not get rid of. Not sure which day that is but you can pick them up on www.griztix.com. I am a season ticket holder but in my 20 years or so of attending Griz games I have scalped atleast 1 ticket for a friend to every game in that span. You never pay an inflated price and sometimes fans just give them away to make sure someone fills the empty seat. Anywhere you walk by the tailgate area you will see tickets for sale. Hope you make it and GO GRIZ!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info.

I didn't realize the game was already sold out! Pretty darn impressive! I'll have to make a decision if I want to risk driving up or not. If nothing else I might take the opportunity to play a little golf up there if things wouldn't work out.

THE DANIMAL
September 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
For the most part every game is sold out. Only game that pretty much isn't soldout the entire year is the playoff game held Thanksgiving weekend due to the students being gone and many families out of town! I "PROMISE" you will get a ticket if you show up!! xthumbsupx AT the same time there is some nice courses this way, especially towards Kalispell.

uofmman1122
September 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
If you show up, you'll be able to get tickets. There are ALWAYS people selling tickets behind the north end zone. Most of the time you can get them for face value, too.

It's not homecoming or MSU, so there will be tickets available. You can check eGriz's tickets forum, too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
If you show up, you'll be able to get tickets. There are ALWAYS people selling tickets behind the north end zone. Most of the time you can get them for face value, too.

It's not homecoming or MSU, so there will be tickets available. You can check eGriz's tickets forum, too.

Sounds good! I'll check out the egriz ticket site as well. I figured it shouldn't be too hard to find a decent ticket cheap.

Seawolf97
September 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
This is setting up to be a good game. Two solid FCS teams going at it - good luck to both!

Sly Fox
September 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Check with the LU ticket office and snare some of the seats while you can. A bunch of us FlameFans are making the trip out to Missoula. Here is a thread loaded with intel (https://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18482) on eating and where to stay in Missoula served up by Montana fans to us. You are certainly welcome to connect with us up there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Sly,

Where is the Liberty section? I went to your website and I can still order tickets for $32. I wonder if I could have them will called?

Sly Fox
September 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
They won't issue our seats until closer to gametime. But according to Montana posters on eGriz, they are in the corner of the endzone. I have been assured that they have great sight lines. I bought an extra ticket off a friend that I am picking up at the stadium. But I believe they are using will call.

If you are making there, we'd love to hang with you at the game. Of course, the following Saturday you will be dead to us.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Just ordered my ticket for the game on Saturday! I tried the Liberty ticket office but was told to call UM. I was lucky enough to score a single in sec 109. The lady on the phone said it's a good seat. I have to pick the ticket up on game day at the adams center.

Sent from a phone.

Silenoz
September 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
They're all good seats ;)

Anyways, as a Four Corners resident I'd be tempted to offer a carpooling option, but I'm leaving for the game that morning, and I don't know when I'm coming back, so that won't work

And Liberty fans will be in the first 10 rows or so of the northern-most part of the West Sideline, right where the visitors enter onto the field

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Where's a good, fairly low key place to park? Id prefer to stay away from the crazy drunks. Besides, a good walk never killed anyone. I plan on getting there by 10 am.

ngineer
September 15th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Where's a good, fairly low key place to park? Id prefer to stay away from the crazy drunks. Besides, a good walk never killed anyone. I plan on getting there by 10 am.

There's a place called "Little Big Horn" a piece to the east. (;-) Have a great time. I hope to see a game out there someday.

CopperCat
September 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Where's a good, fairly low key place to park?

Liberty's end zone.

Tod
September 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Liberty's end zone.

...not bad...

NoCoDanny
September 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
The christians vs. the convicts game!

It's boring as **** though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2012, 09:53 PM
A few thoughts on the game

- the smoke was horrible, it's just as bad in Bozeman
- the stadium is really cool but it's not as loud as I anticipated. NDSU and Delaware are just as intimidating imo
- suprised how many fans and students left at half
- every montana player looks like they could bench press a buick
- Liberty physically stood up to them on D I thought
- Liberty wr Pat Kelly is really good

Sent from a phone

Screamin_Eagle174
September 15th, 2012, 10:06 PM
A few thoughts on the game

- the smoke was horrible, it's just as bad in Bozeman
- the stadium is really cool but it's not as loud as I anticipated. NDSU and Delaware are just as intimidating imo
- every montana player looks like they could bench press a buick
- Liberty physically stood up to them on D I thought
- Liberty wr Pat Kelly is really good

Sent from a phone

I watched some online, and it wasn't as loud as I normally hear it. Then again, it wasn't that close of a game, and I normally hear it when they're playing EWU and MSU, two teams the Griz fans really get up for.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2012, 02:25 AM
I'll put a Lehigh spin on this

- their defense is solid. DBs big and physical, Fogg is excellent, Montana got one play down the field. Colvin cant be tentative against these guys
- DL not big but hung in againt a great stable of RBs and a monster OL
- offense has potential but weak OL. Lehigh should be able to control the line of scrimmage imo. Chagani could have a big impact.
- QB has potential but doesnt handle pressure well. Lots of short passes. WR #9 Pat Kelly is really good. I like the Hawk secondary to get at least one pick. Lehigh secondary better than Montana's imo
- their kicker is very good. Fogg is a dangerous return guy

Liberty is better than their record but not as good as last year. I think Lehigh wins next week because of better coaching and more experience winning close games.

From a phone

Squealofthepig
September 16th, 2012, 02:40 AM

The question is, how many came back after the half? Traditionally, most fans leave to, err, refuel on potent potables at the half, and most (usually) re-enter after the half - it's definitely not uncommon for Wa-Griz to be only half-full at the second half kick-off.

Yeah, smoke was really bad today - it cleared up a smidge late afternoon, but it's been ages since I even saw Lolo Peak except as a vague sorta looming thing SW of town.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2012, 01:04 PM
The question is, how many came back after the half? Traditionally, most fans leave to, err, refuel on potent potables at the half, and most (usually) re-enter after the half - it's definitely not uncommon for Wa-Griz to be only half-full at the second half kick-off.

Yeah, smoke was really bad today - it cleared up a smidge late afternoon, but it's been ages since I even saw Lolo Peak except as a vague sorta looming thing SW of town.

A lot of them left at half and never came back.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
A lot of them left at half and never came back.

I was excited to see Liberty come in and play. Good team and they showed very well. Truth is though this is not a game that the fans were that into and after the game against App last week it made the feeling in the stands even less than it normally would be. The crowd was very dead yesterday. As dead and sort of "who cares" as I've seen it in a very long time. It's too bad but it was just not an atmosphere that you would normally see there.

Liberty is a good team and they and their fans deserved a better showing from our crowd.

Now, if you want to see night and day make the game when the Cats come to town and you would be able to ride the adrenalin home.

putter
September 16th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I agree. Liberty got no where near the full frontal from the Griz faithful. Liberty was impressive on D. they are fast east to west and are very disciplined. Montana's secondary is young and Liberty took advantage of that. I am just glad the Griz outmanned them - if this was EWU they may have thrown for about 500 yards......