PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State vs. Montana Game Thread: Predictions, Tailgating and Roll Call

asumike83
September 6th, 2012, 09:12 AM
The big game is two days away and I cannot wait any longer! I wanted to get a head count of who is going to be in Boone for the game, see where everyone is tailgating and get some predictions out there.

For reference, here is an ASU Tailgating Map:
http://www.goasu.com/downloads2/466001.jpg

I will be at the game, tailgating in spot 220 in Greenwood, Lot F on the map. Should be out there when the lots open at 11AM, so stop by and say hello if you can.

As for prediction, I am going with my Mountaineers by a 31-27 final. I did a full write-up (link (http://appstatecentral.com/content/mikes-preview-and-prediction-montana-grizzlies)) if you'd like to read it.

Look forward to seeing y'all at The Rock!

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
The big game is two days away and I cannot wait any longer! I wanted to get a head count of who is going to be in Boone for the game, see where everyone is tailgating and get some predictions out there.

I will be at the game, tailgating in spot 220 in Greenwood, Lot F on the map. Should be out there when the lots open at 11AM, so stop by and say hello if you can.

As for prediction, I am going with my Mountaineers by a 31-27 final. I did a full write-up (link (http://appstatecentral.com/content/mikes-preview-and-prediction-montana-grizzlies)) if you'd like to read it.

Nice post Mike. I don't make predictions on ASU games (superstitious I suppose).

We will be tailgating on the exposed portion of the third floor of the Rivers St. Deck (Lot H). We too plan to be there when the lot opens at 11:00. We don't have assigned spots, so you'll find us with a spread including a 25ft. tall flag pole with this flying: 16760

You also may catch us with this guy hanging out: 16761

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 6th, 2012, 09:44 AM

Moore talked about how sharp the team looked at practice Monday, Saterfield is going to show some things he didn't against ECU. I'm bias but I get a great feeling that they are going to be ready for this game, and 25,000 screaming App fans doesn't hurt. Also remember, the last 2 big games at night, Woffard, Richmond, App played their best game of the year and blew them out. App 38 Montana 21

cbarrier90
September 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Raley Lot (D)

This game worries me...

asknoquarter21
September 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I will be tailgating in Stadium.(Lot A)

per asucrutch23, the line for the game is Montana -1.5

asumike83
September 6th, 2012, 09:47 AM

I will be stopping by to say hello before the game!

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM

And per Sioux, it opened at Montana -7! xchinscratchx

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM

everything looks picture perfect except for the ugly track ....yuck

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
After last night in Greenville........I may not make it to Saturday...................

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM
After last night in Greenville........I may not make it to Saturday...................

xlolx
That happens a lot around here. Where did you guys end up?

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM
everything looks picture perfect except for the ugly track ....yuck

That joke has run its course...try something newer like HOT HOT HOT.

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I wish I could have actually gone to watch this, but I'll be watching SFA hopefully take another FBS Scalp this week.

Good luck to both teams. I'm picking App 31-Montana 28.

AppAlum2003
September 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
At this point, I'm not sure where I'll end up. The wife and I are getting into Boone early that morning and we'll be bouncing from place to place.

Haven't heard from any of the Griz fans... where are you guys parking? Are a lot of you riding up from Greenville together?

GlassOnion
September 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Weather.com has 60% chance of rain. Looks like most of it is expected in the afternoon. Of course this being Boone, its likely to be raining all over, but not in Boone.

asumike83
September 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Weather.com has 60% chance of rain. Looks like most of it is expected in the afternoon. Of course this being Boone, its likely to be raining all over, but not in Boone.

Just give it a minute, it will change!

A little rain is fine by me, I just hope to not sit in a downpour for 3 hours. Although after the Greenville heat last weekend, it would be a welcome change.

AppAlum2003
September 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Just give it a minute, it will change!

A little rain is fine by me, I just hope to not sit in a downpour for 3 hours. Although after the Greenville heat last weekend, it would be a welcome change.

After the Samford monsoon a few years ago, I'm ready for about any amount of rainfall.

I am literally still drying out from that experience.

GlassOnion
September 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
If its a move through type bunch of storms, with a few showers here and some sunshine we're fine, but if its one of those 100 foot cloud ceiling, drizzle all day, 50 ft visiblity type deals it will hurt attendance. Anything is better than ECU. I was so dehydrated last Saturday night I looked like The Mummy.

Go Apps
September 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I will be there around parking spot 200ish by the Stadium with a big tailgate crowd - as for the game hoping for great weather a bit cool would be fine - but was liking our chances till we lost two more players to injuries - and Montana piled up the yards on what I think is a pretty decent team - I just don't know - if we can elimiate mistakes, no turnovers, fewer penalities and cover a kickoff then we have the edge - but that is asking a lot...my heart says one thing but my gut says Montana 28 ASU 27

biggie
September 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Our group is always in the gravel lot at Rivers/Water.

Going with 20-16 App. The App injuries do have me worried on both sides of the ball.

MasonJar
September 6th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I will be there with family in tow. Park in Rivers Street Deck, not sure about tailgating yet... but somewhere...

I have a feeling that if ASU's defense scores some points, the Mountaineers win! If not, the outcome will be a toss-up.

AppStsGr8
September 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I'll be there with asucrutch23, asknoquarter21, their lovely brides, and whoever else joins the tailgating at #76 in the Stadium Lot. If you want to eat some good cow and talk a little football, come on by. It's the row closest to the stadium right across from the old field house.

mad_dog97
September 6th, 2012, 11:45 AM
What's the story for tv coverage again? Would like to DVR if it's available.

SpeedkingATL
September 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I'll be driving up by myself from ATL on Friday, hooking up with some other Apps, playing golf with a good buddy on Saturday morning and will be tailgating in the Rivers Deck by 3pm with Apps from ATL, Fort Mill, SC and other points unknown. I just couldn't allow myself to miss this one. I be sittin in a single seat a few rows above my group but will hopefully have 30K dear friends all around me.

Go Apps. This will be a close one just like the last 2 and hopefully the home team will prevail.

GlassOnion
September 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
What's the story for tv coverage again? Would like to DVR if it's available.

ESPN Gameplan, and available on ESPN3.

Grizaddicted
September 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
So I am guessing that tailgating will start as early as the lots open? Friday night may be a late one...needing to plan accordingly. Hoping to get breakfast and bloody marys..suggestions?...then ramping up from there.

Anywhere, anytime...Go Griz!

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I'll be driving up by myself from ATL on Friday, hooking up with some other Apps, playing golf with a good buddy on Saturday morning and will be tailgating in the Rivers Deck by 3pm with Apps from ATL, Fort Mill, SC and other points unknown. I just couldn't allow myself to miss this one. I be sittin in a single seat a few rows above my group but will hopefully have 30K dear friends all around me.

Go Apps. This will be a close one just like the last 2 and hopefully the home team will prevail.

I'm one e-mail away from a spot in the Rivers St. deck. Let's hope it comes through.

Edit: it came through. See you buffoons there. xrotatehx

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM
So I am guessing that tailgating will start as early as the lots open? Friday night may be a late one...needing to plan accordingly. Hoping to get breakfast and bloody marys..suggestions?...then ramping up from there.

Got an email this morning that said lots would be open at 11 AM for tailgating. Not sure on the bloody marys but I will suggest Mountain House or Boone Bagelry for breakfast, but as has been mentioned in other threads, there's really a ton of good eateries in Boone. It's hard to go wrong. Enjoy your stay!

Mountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM
For those that can't park on campus or wish to park a little further out, don't forget about the AppalCart.

Route Maps (http://www.appalcart.com/in_town_routes.html)

The cost is free to ride.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Definitely the game of the week in FCS football. All eyes on Boone this weekend. I would love to be there if I could!

Good luck to both teams. I have App St. ranked pretty low right now, so prove me wrong and beat the Griz!! :) We JMU fans want some more App St. games in Harrisonburg, and the only way for the foreseeable future will be the playoffs.

...then again, would love a shot at redemption for 2008 against the Griz. AHHHHhhhh I am so torn.

My guess is the Griz by a touchdown, but ANYTHING can happen in Boone.

Mountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
..but ANYTHING can happen in Boone.

Appsolutely.

http://i.imgur.com/CI4sx.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RJfnC.jpg

:p

MarkCCU
September 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I'm one e-mail away from a spot in the Rivers St. deck. Let's hope it comes through.

So that confirms it. I'll be tailgaing in the Rivers St. Deck with ASUG8 and then bouncing back and forth from tailgate to tailgate.

MarkCCU
September 6th, 2012, 01:11 PM
So, what's the gameplan for Friday night? If the Griz guys and myself are making the trip up there, we should probably meet up Friday.

Apphole
September 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Moore talked about how sharp the team looked at practice Monday, Saterfield is going to show some things he didn't against ECU. I'm bias but I get a great feeling that they are going to be ready for this game, and 32,000 screaming App fans doesn't hurt. Also remember, the last 2 big games at night, Woffard, Richmond, App played their best game of the year and blew them out. App 38 Montana 21

FIFY

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
So that confirms it. I'll be tailgaing in the Rivers St. Deck with ASUG8 and then bouncing back and forth from tailgate to tailgate.

I don't think we'll be cooking beach chicken for a couple more weeks, but we'll save you some weiners.

MarkCCU
September 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I don't think we'll be cooking beach chicken for a couple more weeks, but we'll save you some weiners.

Beach Chicken is high in sodium. I'd be careful with them.

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM

You better actually come by this time...

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
You better actually come by this time...

Sorry, got tied up plus I was nearly across campus from you. If you had offered free beer instead of me dragging a cooler over it would be one thing........

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Sorry, got tied up plus I was nearly across campus from you. If you had offered free beer instead of me dragging a cooler over it would be one thing........

Dude, you know there's always free adult beverages at my tailgate. You just have no excuse now. xlolx

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Dude, you know there's always free adult beverages at my tailgate. You just have no excuse now. xlolx

I know it now.xlolx

I'll see you Saturday, and I'll be packing VERY light. xlolx

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
That joke has run its course...try something newer like HOT HOT HOT.

not joking at all, the track is just awful, but I like your hot hot hot line....good one

Grizaddicted
September 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
So, what's the gameplan for Friday night? If the Griz guys and myself are making the trip up there, we should probably meet up Friday.

There is a meet up planned for 7 pm at Murphy's Friday...

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
not joking at all, the track is just awful, but I like your hot hot hot line....good one

It's been debated a million times on here, but due to the lack of a lot of flat land the architects had to built a multi-sport arena. Rumor is that there's a stream running beneath the field so digging down and filling in the track area with seats isn't feasible either. Over the years the university has purchased some land that allowed them to move lacrosse and soccer elsewhere, but that's probably a result of the last ten years or so of football revenues and alumni contributions that have made that possible.

biggie
September 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
There is a meet up planned for 7 pm at Murphy's Friday...
Yall try not to breathe in too much hippie smell in there (unless its changed recently).

asumike83
September 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM
It's been debated a million times on here, but due to the lack of a lot of flat land the architects had to built a multi-sport arena. Rumor is that there's a stream running beneath the field so digging down and filling in the track area with seats isn't feasible either. Over the years the university has purchased some land that allowed them to move lacrosse and soccer elsewhere, but that's probably a result of the last ten years or so of football revenues and alumni contributions that have made that possible.

I know the lack of land is an issue but he has a point. That thing is a damn eyesore. Personally, I could care less if they don't put seats there. Move it, put permanent seats in the north end zone and keep the east and west sides as-is. Fans wouldn't be right on the field like some places but it would look just fine. Put some turf down where the track currently is and you're all set.

Based on the little rendering, that appears to be the plan. I wonder why they couldn't use the State Farm lot for the track?

appfan2008
September 6th, 2012, 02:37 PM
the stadium today with temp endzone seating going in...

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I know the lack of land is an issue but he has a point. That thing is a damn eyesore. Personally, I could care less if they don't put seats there. Move it, put permanent seats in the north end zone and keep the east and west sides as-is. Fans wouldn't be right on the field like some places but it would look just fine. Put some turf down where the track currently is and you're all set.

Based on the little rendering, that appears to be the plan. I wonder why they couldn't use the State Farm lot for the track?

You're right, and count me among the fans that don't like it either but understand the need for it. State Farm would be a good choice, but didn't ASU buy the old Watauga HS? If so, I would imagine the could use some of their facilities and land for some sports fields closer to campus than State Farm.

asumike83
September 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
You're right, and count me among the fans that don't like it either but understand the need for it. State Farm would be a good choice, but didn't ASU buy the old Watauga HS? If so, I would imagine the could use some of their facilities and land for some sports fields closer to campus than State Farm.

That would be even better! Either way, it needs to go during the next round of expansion.

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I know it now.xlolx

I'll see you Saturday, and I'll be packing VERY light. xlolx

Good to hear! We have some Battlefield Bock (Black) growlers that will need to be tapped amongst other spirits.

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM

Thanks, I try. And believe me, you won't find any ASU fans that want the track there.

SpeedkingATL
September 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM

See you there!!

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM

Where did you find that rendering?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
xlolx
That happens a lot around here. Where did you guys end up?

On the floor............:)

City Tavern....190 Tiger Juice is *****ing evil..........

asumike83
September 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Where did you find that rendering?

It was in the pamphlet handed out at the Yosef Club Spring Tour event here in Charlotte, I just photocopied it.

ASUG8
September 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
On the floor............:)

City Tavern....190 Tiger Juice is *****ing evil..........

It's a ****hole, but I like it. I've been trying to buy that stuffed rhino head on the wall from them for over 4 yrs now.

boonegoon
September 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
You guys are gonna wish Murphy's has a Mo-Burger sometime around Midnight tomorrow. I really am going to try to be there tomorrow. If I do make it, I'll be the hot guy with the muscle shirt, mullet and the harem of coed's hanging by the shuffleboard table.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM
It's a ****hole, but I like it. I've been trying to buy that stuffed rhino head on the wall from them for over 4 yrs now.

There was an off duty cop in there last night that gave Knuts a DUI test which he FAILED miserably..........I have it all on video and I will get it uploaded later tonight when we get back from the Carolina Ale House. I like that Rhino head too.

FCS Go!
September 6th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Any suggestions on where to park? Please keep me away from rowdy students:) I'll be there with the wife and a local family that have never been to an App St game! Thanks

KNUTS
September 6th, 2012, 04:11 PM
There was an off duty cop in there last night that gave Knuts a DUI test which he FAILED miserably..........I have it all on video and I will get it uploaded later tonight when we get back from the Carolina Ale House. I like that Rhino head too.

I thought I did pretty good?!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I thought I did pretty good?!

Hey, if you were able to hurdle that cop car on the way back to the hotel.......you couldnt have been in that bad of shape!

boonegoon
September 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hey, if you were able to hurdle that cop car on the way back to the hotel.......you couldnt have been in that bad of shape!

asumike83
September 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Any suggestions on where to park? Please keep me away from rowdy students:) I'll be there with the wife and a local family that have never been to an App St game! Thanks

Most of the students will be in the Raley lot (D on the map in the first post). Outside of that area, you shouldn't encounter too many rowdy students, although there will obviously be some scattered about. There are a couple of churches (Boone UMC and First Baptist) on King St. between College St. and Appalachian St. that have parking. It used to be by donation but it may have changed to the $5-$10 range. If you aren't there early enough for those, there are also some spots on Highway 321 near the intersection with Clement St. across from the Holmes Center and the Hardee's that usually have plenty of space. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium but if you want to check out the campus, it takes you right through the heart of ASU.

If you aren't set on being too close to the stadium, there is plenty of parking as long as you don't mind the walk. Hopefully that helps, good luck!

AppMan
September 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM

Most of us don't like the track any more than you do. Worst facility mistake the school ever made was putting that thing around the football field. Some of us old timers call it KBS not-a-football stadium. At one time it was home to four different sports, but at least we've got a dedicated soccer stadium now. All that's left to do is drop field hockey and build a new track facility somewhere. Then we can dig up the track and build new lower level seating and extend it down a bit. With those changes KBS could be one of the best stadiums in the nation regardless of classification. It is already one of the most picturesque.

AppMan
September 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Stream or no stream the field can be lowered. One of my good friends sells heavy machinery and he tells me water can be moved anywhere you want it. One of his favorite sayings is "that's what pipes are made for." They are also made to flatten land. Back when (then) Conrad Stadium was built ASU had an enrollment around 4,000 and school officials had no idea a 30,000+ seat stadium would be needed one day. A track facility was planned to be built in connection with the new baseball stadium and share common concession stands and restrooms, but lack of funds put a stop to it. BTW, when did we start a Lacross program?

Borat
September 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM
BTW, when did we start a Lacross program?

It's a club-level sport, and has been around since at least the late 80s, I'd guess. I played for a short while in '94.

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Most of us don't like the track any more than you do. Worst facility mistake the school ever made was putting that thing around the football field. Some of us old timers call it KBS not-a-football stadium. At one time it was home to four different sports, but at least we've got a dedicated soccer stadium now. All that's left to do is drop field hockey and build a new track facility somewhere. Then we can dig up the track and build new lower level seating and extend it down a bit. With those changes KBS could be one of the best stadiums in the nation regardless of classification. It is already one of the most picturesque.

sorry to dredge this subject up

biggie
September 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Price and Lott now playing Saturday. Should help on the depth issue, especially in the D backfield.

813Jag
September 6th, 2012, 09:24 PM
gonna tip some drinks this weekend in honor of this occasion. Go Griz!

feb18blacksunday
September 6th, 2012, 10:08 PM
River St. early then Stadium 292 for the heavy partying later

AppMan
September 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
sorry to dredge this subject up

That's ok. Now that the football team seems to be headed back in the right direction it gives us something to gripe about!

appsfan
September 6th, 2012, 10:25 PM

My crew should be in place by 12:30 pm or so. We are in Duncan Lot, Space 132. Duncan is C on the map. All Griz are welcome to stop by.

ASU_Fanatic
September 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I think I'm Rivers St deck this year so I think I'll be there. So pumped

WataugaDave
September 7th, 2012, 07:17 AM
but didn't ASU buy the old Watauga HS?
Negative. Current talk is to turn it into a business park.

Honestly there's so much open land at State Farm it could easily work. Especially since so many students use the old softball field to play recreational softball xrolleyesx But I'm not really against the track, maybe it's high school nostalgia. It should be resurfaced and maybe given a nice black and gold theme.

Hope all the Montana fans coming down enjoy Boone. Please support local businesses, they'd love to have you.

And, oh God. That map. I understand that there has to be lots of gameday parking. But holy **** moving your car from on campus to State Farm and waiting for the bus with about 200 other students SUCKS.

asumike83
September 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
24 hours from now, I plan to be setting up my spot for the tailgate!

AppChicago
September 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I'll be there. Have to go straight to the game due to a prior engagement (why anyone schedules anything on gameday is beyond me), but I'm hoping our boys can show strong.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM
gonna tip some drinks this weekend in honor of this occasion. Go Griz!

Back at ya brotha!

Grizo says its still not to late to hop in the car and get up here!

ASUG8
September 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Just made a lunch hour run to the store with the big red dot on the side. Got a little Mason jar full of goodness:D

Apphole
September 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
http://kerrimaniscalco.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/cute_bear_cub-9230.jpg

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1347026859676340486.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o&feature=player_embedded

Grizaddicted
September 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM
At Murphy's..., met a gentleman born in Havre whose father is being honored at halftime...was a professor at Northern! Waiting for the rest...

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
We just got done hanging out with Jerry Moore and his wife.....AWESOME PEOPLE....AWESOME TOUR OF THEIR FACILITIES

Silenoz
September 7th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Ashley Schaffer and Jerry Moore in the same day?

*swoons*

SeattleGriz
September 7th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Griz 31
App St 21

WataugaDave
September 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Just watched the Montana team get back on their bus over at the stadium. Hope they're ready for tomorrow.

Also, did some kind of All-Points Bulletin go out that recommended that people coming for the game should check out the shops in Blowing Rock? I went with some friends after we biked on the Parkway for a bit, and it was freaking crazy busy.

Just came from a tailgate thing happening in front of ****vette...I mean Trivette, Hall. Moved my car from the Greenwood Lot, so I just donated a little space for y'all to tailgate in. School Info e-mail recommending that students avoid trying to drive tomorrow has gone out. "Go ASU" signs are in front of businesses everywhere. A friend of mine who bartends at the tAPP Room was talking about how they've called in most of the staff for tomorrow.

Game day in Boone is back.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Blowing rock?

Im still waiting...............................

WataugaDave
September 7th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Blowing rock?

A nice - usually quiet - little town about 10 minutes down the road from Boone. Lots of fine dining and shops and such.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
A nice - usually quiet - little town about 10 minutes down the road from Boone. Lots of fine dining and shops and such.

Thanks WD....we drove by it around 4pm today.

MarkCCU
September 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Waiting on some Griz ****ers to come. Luckily, these Griz fans at Murphys like to buy rounds of booze. Muthwrduckers

AppAlum2003
September 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Not coming up until tomorrow, but staying the night in Boone. Will probably end up at Macado's after the game.

Skjellyfetti
September 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Pre-game video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7nbd61NNQ

MarkCCU
September 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I met a HOfEr. My life will never be the same

WataugaDave
September 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I met a HOfEr
A what the **** now?

cbarrier90
September 7th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Got roped into taping the Watauga game so unfortuanately couldn't make it to Murphy's. On the way back at the Capone's end of King St. I saw a guy wearing a "Montana Football" shirt. So much for Boone being "too small" and "inaccessable." I expect UM will bring a sizable crowd. GSU-esque.

AtlantaMountaineer
September 7th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Drove up from Atlanta today. Staying at a relatives home in Granite Falls. Will be in the Rivers Street Deck tomorrow. Can't wait. Welcome Griz fans.

T-Dog
September 8th, 2012, 12:18 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/0907165839.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/0907180219.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/0907202933.jpg
Alpha, Grizo, Ursus and Apphole

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/0907235757.jpg

Mountaineer
September 8th, 2012, 12:22 AM
That was a ridiculously fun night out. :D

Had the pleasure of meeting Mark, T-Dog, GreatAppSt, asumike83, Ursus, Grizo (the Master), Alpha, Mr. C and more. Lots of laughs and awesome football talk. xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Back at ya this place is AWESOME and the people are out of this world. Its not even possible for you guys to treat us better.

MarkCCU
September 8th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Had a great time meeting all of you. I had to bow out at midnight, I was exhausted. Looking forward to the game. Thanks to Mountaineer and T-Dog for hosting/chaperoning us.