PDA

View Full Version : Check out some of these lines!

Brad82
September 6th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Wow!

http://www.5dimes.eu/default.asp
Some big spreads here:
CCSU+14X
RMU+13
Wagner +8
Monmouth+7X
Colgate+20
DSU+34
Fordham+20
Alcorn+34X
Hampton+16
NSU+12
Lafayette+16X

The above sound excessive?

ysubigred
September 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Wow!

http://www.5dimes.eu/default.asp
Some big spreads here:
CCSU+14X
RMU+13
Wagner +8
Monmouth+7X
Colgate+20
DSU+34
Fordham+20
Alcorn+34X
Hampton+16
NSU+12
Lafayette+16X

The above sound excessive?

I seen YSU is getting 59 1/2 xeyebrowx

Brad82
September 6th, 2012, 07:41 AM
You mean YSU -59X ??

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Appy State was getting 7 at home vs. Montana. I thought that was ridiculous.

Brad82
September 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
"Appy State was getting 7 at home vs. Montana. I thought that was ridiculous"

agreed,I bet these #s change big time.

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 08:59 AM

Not sure where you saw that, but I want in on some of that action! 5dimes has Montana -1.5. I guess it's possible but not likely the line moved that much.

Montana at Appalachian State
Sat 9/8 561 Montana -1½ -120
6:30PM 562 Appalachian State +1½ -120

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Not sure where you saw that, but I want in on some of that action! 5dimes has Montana -1.5. I guess it's possible but not likely the line moved that much.

Montana at Appalachian State
Sat 9/8 561 Montana -1½ -120
6:30PM 562 Appalachian State +1½ -120

It did. Opened at 7 and I hit it for the max. Has been consistently bet down to 1.5. All it takes is an early max bet of $60 to move a line 1 point. They are very touchy with these games. Limits go up to $200 I believe once the lines have been adjusted for a couple days.

penguinpower
September 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM

The rock is a tough place to play.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2012, 09:09 AM
The rock is a tough place to play.

Exactly. That is why I couldn't believe that Montana was 7 point favorites after all they have gone through in the off-season, etc.

danefan
September 6th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I'd take Albany giving 13 over RMU......

ysubigred
September 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'd take Albany giving 13 over RMU......

I'd bet UA
@ 24x

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It did. Opened at 7 and I hit it for the max. Has been consistently bet down to 1.5. All it takes is an early max bet of $60 to move a line 1 point. They are very touchy with these games. Limits go up to $200 I believe once the lines have been adjusted for a couple days.

Wow, thats crazy line movement! Don't think I've ever seen one move almost a touchdown. I guess with FCS they aren't as accurate.

ysubigred
September 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM
You mean YSU -59X ??

+59 1/2 or X

I would not take this bet. Even "IF" YSU could roll up that big of a point difference I don't think the coach will. xtwocentsx

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Wow, thats crazy line movement! Don't think I've ever seen one move almost a touchdown. I guess with FCS they aren't as accurate.

You would be surprised. There will be 10-13 point movements this year, as there are every year. The lines are set to an algorithm or whatever you call that so they just move automatically based on amount of money coming in. I don't think there is ever an end to the line movement....just goes with the money that flows in.

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
You would be surprised. There will be 10-13 point movements this year, as there are every year. The lines are set to an algorithm or whatever you call that so they just move automatically based on amount of money coming in. I don't think there is ever an end to the line movement....just goes with the money that flows in.

Yeah that all makes sense. Leads me to this question:

If you got App +7, shouldn't you bet the other side also at this point? Then a 2-6 point Montana win gives you double profit and any other result you only lose the juice. Maybe not bet as much as you bet App +7, but just to hedge a little?

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah that all makes sense. Leads me to this question:

If you got App +7, shouldn't you bet the other side also at this point? Then a 2-6 point Montana win gives you double profit and any other result you only lose the juice. Maybe not bet as much as you bet App +7, but just to hedge a little?

That is a good point. Yes, if I felt that Montana was going to win the game I would middle it and hope for a 2-6 point win. In this case, I am not sure they will win so I probably will just go with Appy +7.

If the line keeps moving I may get Montana at +2 or +3 and then I would probably do that middle.

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
That is a good point. Yes, if I felt that Montana was going to win the game I would middle it and hope for a 2-6 point win. In this case, I am not sure they will win so I probably will just go with Appy +7.

If the line keeps moving I may get Montana at +2 or +3 and then I would probably do that middle.

Line has already moved to pk (0)! You were right that's some rapid movement.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I don't think CCSU getting 14 is a big deal. They got waxed last week and Lehigh still ended up winning by 10 in their opener.

Colgate +20 does seem high. The Raiders defense stinks but they can score points. The Coyotes are far from world beaters.

Laker
September 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Savannah State is 70 1/2 point underdog to Florida State. That is a record.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/381453/20120906/savannah-state-biggest-point-spread-florida.htm

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Savannah State is 70 1/2 point underdog to Florida State. That is a record.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/381453/20120906/savannah-state-biggest-point-spread-florida.htm

I heard about that. Don't know how you could bet either side of that. Just depends when Jimbo calls off the horses!

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/564299_10151023264011006_972273900_n.jpg

Laker
September 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I heard about that. Don't know how you could bet either side of that. Just depends when Jimbo calls off the horses!

Yes, this could be really ugly- but you can always find a way to hold the score down- if you want to.

danefan
September 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I don't think CCSU getting 14 is a big deal. They got waxed last week and Lehigh still ended up winning by 10 in their opener.

Colgate +20 does seem high. The Raiders defense stinks but they can score points. The Coyotes are far from world beaters.

Can we refer to the Lehigh win as a 3-point win from now on? We all know that last TD had no impact on the game. Lehigh was 3 points better than Monmouth. I can already see a discussion a month from now how Lehigh was two scores better than the NEC team they played.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Can we refer to the Lehigh win as a 3-point win from now on? We all know that last TD had no impact on the game. Lehigh was 3 points better than Monmouth. I can already see a discussion a month from now how Lehigh was two scores better than the NEC team they played.

We're talking about betting lines...that TD could have been someones bad break....

danefan
September 6th, 2012, 01:05 PM
We're talking about betting lines...that TD could have been someones bad break....

Agreed. Sorry to get off topic....consider it a preemptive NEC vs. PL strike! ;)

aceinthehole
September 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Exactly Danefan. It is the same old song and dance from many in the PL club.

The NEC preseason favorite Albany exposed the PL preseason #3 team Colgate and no one bats an eyelash.

However, the PL favorite escapes win a last minute victory over the #5 preseason NEC team Monmouth, and somehow everyone thinks Lehigh somehow dominated the game.

This week the PL's heavy preseason favorite and nationally ranked teams goes on the road to face the NEC's #4 preseason team CCSU. I can assure you the game will be much closer than any PL fan has predicted. And I'm going on record right now, if CCSU pulls out the victory, I don't want to hear anything from PL/Lehigh fans about injuries, referees call, penalties, play calling or anything. No excuses! Lehigh/PL fans have talked a huge game, let's see if the team can back it up with a dominant victory.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Exactly Danefan. It is the same old song and dance from many in the PL club.

The NEC preseason favorite Albany exposed the PL preseason #3 team Colgate and no one bats an eyelash.

However, the PL favorite escapes win a last minute victory over the #5 preseason NEC team Monmouth, and somehow everyone thinks Lehigh somehow dominated the game.

This week the PL's heavy preseason favorite and nationally ranked teams goes on the road to face the NEC's #4 preseason team CCSU. I can assure you the game will be much closer than any PL fan has predicted. And I'm going on record right now, if CCSU pulls out the victory, I don't want to hear anything from PL/Lehigh fans about injuries, referees call, penalties, play calling or anything. No excuses! Lehigh/PL fans have talked a huge game, let's see if the team can back it up with a dominant victory.

Lehigh gets a few key guys back this week that were lost against Monmouth in second half. We'lll see how it plays out.

Georgetown also battles NEC foe Wagner this weekend so there should be some better conclusions drawn.

ASUMountaineer
September 6th, 2012, 01:35 PM

If FSU doesn't come close to covering the spread (say wins by 30), will Seminole nation be freaking out?

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
If FSU doesn't come close to covering the spread (say wins by 30), will Seminole nation be freaking out?

I say yes. Shoot, we beat them by 35 last year with our worst team in 10 years.

asucrutch23
September 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
FWIW, line on ASU-Montana has moved to App -3.5. App now the favorite. Sioux, I'd be looking at that hedge.

aceinthehole
September 6th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Lehigh gets a few key guys back this week that were lost against Monmouth in second half. We'lll see how it plays out.

Georgetown also battles NEC foe Wagner this weekend so there should be some better conclusions drawn.

I agree, we have to let it play out on the field. I'm just not as down on the NEC yet, and nothing from the PL has been that impressive. That's not to say that can't change in the coming weeks, but Week 1 was hardly a strong perfromance from many teams from the PL and NEC.

Let’s Look at week 1 and look at some stats from Lehigh, CCSU and Holy Cross:

OFFENSE
Lehigh gained 17 first downs vs. Monmouth / CCSU gained 17 first downs vs. SBU / Holy Cross gained 19 first downs vs. UNH
Lehigh rushed for 139 yards vs. Monmouth / CCSU rushed for 152 vs. SBU / Holy Cross rushed for 75 vs. UNH
Lehigh scored 21 points on offense / CCSU scored 17 points on offense / Holy Cross scored 17 points on offense

DEFENSE
Lehigh gave up 333 yards in offense to Monmouth / CCSU gave up 489 yards to SBU / Holy Cross gave up 531 yards to UNH

SPECIAL TEAMS
Lehigh was called for 6 penalties / CCSU was called for 1 penalty / Holy Cross was called for 6 penalties
Lehigh was 0-2 in FGs / CCSU was 1-1 for FG / Holy Cross was 1-1 for FG

- Sorry, I just don’t see anything that impressive from a nationally ranked Lehigh vs. the NEC’s #5 preseason team. Why is everyone so hyped on Lehigh based on that performance?
- CCSU was outmanned by SBU, but was still able to move the ball on the ground, score points, and did respectable on pass defense. No doubt about it, the SBU running game was dominant and I will argue they may have the best backfield in FCS when the season is done.
- Holy Cross results against UNH wasn’t much different than SBU/CCSU, with the exception that UNH was much more balanced in its attack. Wouldn’t you expect a better showing from the PL’s #2 teams vs. nationally ranked UNH than the NEC’s #4 teams vs. nationally ranked Stony Brook?

IMO PL fans too often have rose colored glasses when looking at their own teams.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2012, 01:48 PM
That is some serious line movement! I will be monitoring it, maybe I can get Montana +7. :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Ace,

I think most Lehigh fans were disapointed in the teams effort overall. With that said, Lehigh played really well in the firs half when the running game was working. It's only one week so to draw any real conclusions is useless imo.

813Jag
September 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I would freak out but that would mean something surprising happened. I expect lots of running, not close to 84 points being scored.

SpiritCymbal
September 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM
FWIW, line on ASU-Montana has moved to App -3.5. App now the favorite. Sioux, I'd be looking at that hedge.

That's a ridiculous line movement in such a short amount of time. That's how a handicapper gets fired.