PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Bison!

Gil Dobie
September 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Minnesota Gophers Slogan this week xlolx

New Hampshire, however, is from the same FCS division as North Dakota State. So, this week the slogan is simple: Remember the Bison.
Minnesota Game (http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/09/04/gophers-heading-into-next-game-with-high-expectations/)

NDSUstudent
September 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Good luck New Hampshire!

Laker
September 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Minnesota Gophers Slogan this week xlolx

Minnesota Game (http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/09/04/gophers-heading-into-next-game-with-high-expectations/)

I might drive the eighty miles down to this game. It looks interesting. Haven't been to a game at The Bank yet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I might drive the eighty miles down to this game. It looks interesting. Haven't been to a game at The Bank yet.

TCF is a beautiful stadium. It was an awesome atmosphere last year with all of the Bison fans. It wasn't too hard to "out cheer" the Goph fans.

Snowgoose
September 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM
What I don't understand is why they would schedule a team like UNH instead of NDSU, USD, SdSU or UND. These schools bring fans to the game and provide at least a little excitement for their supposed cupcake game. I know the goofs stink and I would 100% guarantee another win if they played ndsu again this year, but why not at least fill the stands?

DJKyR0
September 6th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I wonder why they forgot about us last year after 2007?

Mattymc727
September 6th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Not sure we have the ability to win this one, but I hope for a great game. Atleast its on the BigTen Network and I can watch it in HD in NH!

UNIFanSince1983
September 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM
What I don't understand is why they would schedule a team like UNH instead of NDSU, USD, SdSU or UND. These schools bring fans to the game and provide at least a little excitement for their supposed cupcake game. I know the goofs stink and I would 100% guarantee another win if they played ndsu again this year, but why not at least fill the stands?

Probably because NDSU has owned them, and USD beat them a couple of years ago, and SDSU gave them a scare. They have not had much luck with the Dakota's. Probably the same reason Iowa and Iowa State don't want to play us every year in basketball anymore.

darell1976
September 6th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Probably because NDSU has owned them, and USD beat them a couple of years ago, and SDSU gave them a scare. They have not had much luck with the Dakota's. Probably the same reason Iowa and Iowa State don't want to play us every year in basketball anymore.

USD's last road win was in 2010 against...Minnesota (nice way to open up their new stadium getting beat by a DII transfer team). With UND's nickname issue gone Minnesota could schedule UND if they wanted too. But I figure they don't want to mess with another Dakota team even though UND is 0-20 all time vs the Gophers. (last met in 1974).

Laker
September 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM

I don't understand that either. At least the stadium would be full for one game a year if they did that. Brings a lot of money into the Twin Cities.

NDSUstudent
September 6th, 2012, 08:55 AM

If I remember right they even charged everyone "Premium" ticket prices when we played them so they could make even more money.

AmsterBison
September 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
TCF is a beautiful stadium and MSP is a hub so it can be a very easy flight. Hope a lot of UNH fans make the trip.

Good practice trip for getting to Fargo to play NDSU too (which I hope happens someday soon.)

BisonHype!
September 6th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Well, when you lose against NDSU, and your fans revolt and get pissed off at the AD for even scheduling (Which I think is funny that even the fan base doesn't want to play us), I can see why they don't want to take the heat over another loss to NDSU. A team they as a Big Ten team should be able to man handle.

moosbah
September 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I don't understand that either. At least the stadium would be full for one game a year if they did that. Brings a lot of money into the Twin Cities.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that the Athletic Dept at Minny has no clue what they are doing in regards to football.

Twentysix
September 6th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I think the goof troop wins this game.

AmsterBison
September 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I think it's pretty clear at this point that the Athletic Dept at Minny has no clue what they are doing in regards to football.

Well, I think hiring Jerry Kill was a good move.

Go Bison
September 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Good luck to New Hampshire. You would think the Gophers would have remembered the Bison after squeaking out a win in 2006. So the Gopher won by 1 in 2006, lost by 6 on 2007 and then lost by 13 in 2011. The next time the Gophers play the Bison I guess they will play the Bison will win by 20.

MplsBison
September 6th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Good luck to New Hampshire. You would think the Gophers would have remembered the Bison after squeaking out a win in 2006. So the Gopher won by 1 in 2006, lost by 6 on 2007 and then lost by 13 in 2011. The next time the Gophers play the Bison I guess they will play the Bison will win by 20.

All to different head coaches, mind you.

If Mason would've lost to NDSU in 2006, he would've been fired immediately. He knew it too. At the very end of the game when we blocked our own game winning field goal attempt (Bibeau kicked it right into one of our blockers, who was driven back) one of our players ran over and picked up the ball. He was tackled to end the game, but imagine if he had run it in? There was this great quote by Mason that goes something like "I saw him pick up the ball right in front of me, if he had scored it would've been a fitting end to the game....and my career at Minnesota."

Then in 2007, Brewster was hired and we all know what happened that year. All the talk in the world, one win the entire season.

2011 was Kill's first year and while he and his staff are very talented coaches who will turn the program around (of that I have no doubt), the guys he left at NIU were more talented than the team he had to work with at Minn.

I think Kill has already got at least the negative trend halted and starting to turn the ship mid-stream. From what I saw in the UNLV game, if they can somehow get Gray to throw an accurate pass -- UNH will not be able to stop the Gopher's very competent rushing attack while defending guys like Barker and Rabe.

Laker
September 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM

I agree. I think that Kill is a good man- I just hope he doesn't have another on field seizure. Coaching the Gophers could literally kill him.

I think that you and I could coach better than Brewster. That man was such a blowhard.

Laker
September 6th, 2012, 11:50 AM

I agree. I think that Kill is a good man- I just hope he doesn't have another on field seizure. Coaching the Gophers could literally kill him.

I think that you and I could coach better than Brewster. That man was such a blowhard.

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2012, 07:13 AM
lazy question for NDST fans.... Is #20 back this year? that kid is an eye catchey player

gotts
September 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Yes. Heagle is a junior.