PDA

View Full Version : This is why I wish we had replay reviews in FCS

Big Dawg
September 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
So FAMU and Tennessee State came down to a last second play as usual. FAMU had a 4th and goal at the 1 yard line with 48 seconds left to play...we call a QB sneak and it looked as if we scored the game winner...after a brief meeting between the officials, the ruled that the ball never crossed or touched the goalline.

But here's some proof that shows otherwise...(not sure if this was the first or second QB sneak).

https://p.twimg.com/A15UPENCEAAVrnO.jpg

I know there's no use harping on this game, but it just sucks to come up on the wrong end of a what looks like a terrible call. What do you guys think?

clenz
September 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Depends...the photo can only show so much. Had forward progress been stopped at that point, then he reached out? If so, he is still down.

Is he knee down in that pile? If that was the ruling, he is still down.

Big Dawg
September 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Depends...the photo can only show so much. Had forward progress been stopped at that point, then he reached out? If so, he is still down.

Is he knee down in that pile? If that was the ruling, he is still down.

We never got an explanation...but we did watch the game live...that's why I think this was the first QB sneak, because the one the one that ended the game, his body and ball was over the goalline.

But that's why we need replay review...to get the play and not have us feeling like the game was stolen...or to shut us up and have us just accept the result xlolx

Apphole
September 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Replay didn't help the Apps on Saturday. At one point in the game the penalties were ASU:11 ECU 1. They handed ECU 14 points on a platter and they had replay.

bluehenbillk
September 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
That pic doesn't tell me when his knee hit the ground and where the ball was then.....

Big Dawg
September 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM
That pic doesn't tell me when his knee hit the ground and where the ball was then.....

Again...this is why I say replay would be very useful in a situation like this.

Think back to Michigan State vs. Wisconsin last year...similar situation

crossfire07
September 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
So FAMU and Tennessee State came down to a last second play as usual. FAMU had a 4th and goal at the 1 yard line with 48 seconds left to play...we call a QB sneak and it looked as if we scored the game winner...after a brief meeting between the officials, the ruled that the ball never crossed or touched the goalline.

But here's some proof that shows otherwise...(not sure if this was the first or second QB sneak).

I know there's no use harping on this game, but it just sucks to come up on the wrong end of a what looks like a terrible call. What do you guys think?

Ruling on the field stands.That pic proves nothing.Got video?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 5th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Big Dawg, in an ideal world, yes we would all have replay. I can't say it is a terrible call for the reasons already stated. It just sucks and that is football sometimes. Good luck the rest of the year - I hope for you and the FAMU fans sake the players use it as motivation going forward.