Original_RMC
September 2nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Week 1 Results
Albany 40, Colgate 23
Marist 35, Bryant 10
Stony Brook 49, CCSU 17
Old Dominion 57, Duquesne 23
Lehigh 27, Monmouth 17
North Dakota State 52, RMU 0 (up 45-0 with 5:23 left in the 4th quarter, Bison coaches go for it on 4th and goal on the 1 to get the TD to go up 52-0...no class by the Bison staff)
Morgan State 30, Sacred Heart 27 [OT]
James Madison 55, SFPA 7
Florida Atlantic 7, Wagner 3

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TdptUyrqO3o/UEOBP51WozI/AAAAAAAAKJU/inF9CW-pZJk/s443/Week_01_Results.JPG

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Week 1 Results
Albany 40, Colgate 23
Marist 35, Bryant 10
Stony Brook 49, CCSU 17
Old Dominion 57, Duquesne 23
Lehigh 27, Monmouth 17
North Dakota State 52, RMU 0 (up 45-0 with 5:23 left in the 4th quarter, Bison coaches go for it on 4th and goal on the 1 to get the TD to go up 52-0...no class by the Bison staff)Morgan State 30, Sacred Heart 27 [OT]
James Madison 55, SFPA 7
Florida Atlantic 7, Wagner 3

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TdptUyrqO3o/UEOBP51WozI/AAAAAAAAKJU/inF9CW-pZJk/s443/Week_01_Results.JPG

Cry me a river!!!!!!!

Our 2nd and 3rd stringers were in there. They are not going to lay down just because your team is crap! Our 2nds and 3rds still play hard....maybe not on your team....

Original_RMC
September 2nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Sure your backups were in and yes I will cry you a river. I just don't see how a QB sneak on 4th and goal is going to make or break your season. The fans there in Fargo were great and very friendly.
OH NO...you said RMU is crap...I might leave the internet forever now...LOL
RMU played hard in the 1st half and could not get their offense going against the Bison D.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cry me a river!!!!!!!

Our 2nd and 3rd stringers were in there. They are not going to lay down just because your team is crap! Our 2nds and 3rds still play hard....maybe not on your team....

This. Would you rather us kneel on it at the one and give you the ball backed up to your own endzone? Maybe would should have just kneeled the entire second half and punt? The Bison are going to give their 2nd/3rd team reps for the season.

Original_RMC
September 2nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Take a knee...No...would never expect that because that would have been a bigger slap in the face but I see the staff calling for a FG.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Take a knee...No...would never expect that because that would have been a bigger slap in the face but I see the staff calling for a FG.

Fair enough, 48-0 sounds better than 52-0...gotchya ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM

I suppose our 2nds and 3rds on defense should have just let your guys gain some yards to give them some confidence...right? If our coaching staff wanted to "run up" the score it would have been 100-0.

swaghook
September 3rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
A chip shot almost 100% sure points or let the O try and make a harder play to score a TD. I think the coaches chose right on this one it was up to the RMU D to stop a play right up the middle nothing fancy.

downbythebeach
September 3rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
whoa Marist beat Bryant......I never even realized.

aceinthehole
September 3rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Albany 40, Colgate 23 -Albany even more impressive than I thought. Putting up 40 on 'Gate is impressive.
Marist 35, Bryant 10 - What happened here? Raises serious questions.
Stony Brook 49, CCSU 17 - Not a suprise. SBU is going to be very, very good. CCSU had its moments and should be OK come NEC play.
Old Dominion 57, Duquesne 23 - Dukes put up a very good fight early. ODU has the schollys and is a much better team, no shame in the loss.
Lehigh 27, Monmouth 17 - Hawks are much better than last year and gave Lehigh a really good game.
North Dakota State 52, RMU 0 - NDSU is very, very good, but RMU may struggle a lot in the NEC this year
Morgan State 30, Sacred Heart 27 [OT] - A win that got away. SHU may play spolier in the NEC.
James Madison 55, SFPA 7 - No suprise that the Red Flash are not ready for prime time.
Florida Atlantic 7, Wagner 3 - Almost made NEC history. A great effort and they may also play spoiler in NEC play.

Albany and Duquense are proving to be worthy league favorites.

Monmouth and CCSU still remain as contenders.

Wagner and SHU may not win the NEC, but could factor in the league championship.

Bryant ???

Need to see more from RMU and SFPA, but not looking good early.

hidalgo
September 6th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Duquesne was up 10 at half........down 27-20 with 11:50 to go in game patterson hits Ho out of the backfield to the goalline....gonna be tied with ODU 27-27 in 4th??????????? nah lets kick a Field Goal?????? 27-23.............outscored 30-0 last 9 minutes.....talk about a decision that kicked your team in the basketballs......worst call ever. Still would of lost but lets grow some and play!!!!!!!! Valiant effort for 3 quarters plus. 57-23 final